Official Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Q&A Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PoweredByHonda
Member since 2007 • 2972 Posts

Ok well ive seen quite a bit of "MHF2" Threads and i think there should just be one that way it can be orderly haha soo i guess ill start ay?

Now i know theres a playing online thing but wtf is "Ad Hoc" mode and do you have to be near the person to play online with them or can they be anywhere around the world becuase, i dont think i know anyone who plays monter hunter 2 at my school and/or neighborhood and is there a way to play with people around the world that anyone knows of??? Haha and im stuck on the HR3 Gravios Quest....(Damn Devil SLicer + Tigrex Armor is garbage against him) so yeah, also, any tips of beating gravios cuz....i cant...haha, just need to beat Gravios and Rathalos then Shen Gao Ren and then im HR4 but the Rath shouldnt be hard at all......

arctrooper48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 arctrooper48
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Ad-Hoc is pretty much the fancy term for "local". THere's a way you can abuse the Ad-Hoc functions of Datel Wifi Max and xlink Kai to play online with others (it tricks the psp into thinking players are right near you).

Also, I was gonna say you could use the MHF2 subforum, but subforums usually end up being a bunch of circle jerks.

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PoweredByHonda
"Subforum" so like a MHF2 Forum for itself ay? haha but idk about some of them, some kinda just show off "OH IM HR6" so yaeh haha and so....to play around the world i need that "Datel Wifi Max or xlink Kai?
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PoweredByHonda
also, where might i be able to buy those cuz...im kinda getting pissed on the gravios and might wanna ask soem people if they wanna fight it with me lol
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
Try using BOW against Gravios.
PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PoweredByHonda

bow huh, i would but...i dont have any gunner equips xD

DrakeXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrakeXII
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

I haven't killed it yet but its weak against water and dragon and its weak points are its neck,chest,and tail.I hope it helps.

arctrooper48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arctrooper48
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Well, try using guns (mainly heavy if you aren't worried about getting hit a few times), and spam Cluster Shot 2. This method can be quite effective for taking out a wyvern right away, but is considered nooby and not a real way to fight.

I can't really explain the way xlink works. I haven't actually gone through the process on setting it up in about 2 years, and I don't even know if the wifmax is even available in the market anymore.

mickcivic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mickcivic
Member since 2002 • 50 Posts
Can anyone elaborate on this game's popularity as of late? It's been in the #1 spot for PSP for the last few days and I'm wondering why.
ORANGE666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ORANGE666
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

Can anyone elaborate on this game's popularity as of late? It's been in the #1 spot for PSP for the last few days and I'm wondering why.mickcivic

Because it's the best game ever made for the psp. People who say it isn't, haven't played the game enough. The game was made 2 years ago, yet still has the best graphics and remains the best game on the psp.

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

How about puting this on the "Official Monster Hunter Freedom 2 game board"

Probably get more help there anyway...

mickcivic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mickcivic
Member since 2002 • 50 Posts

[QUOTE="mickcivic"]Can anyone elaborate on this game's popularity as of late? It's been in the #1 spot for PSP for the last few days and I'm wondering why.ORANGE666

Because it's the best game ever made for the psp. People who say it isn't, haven't played the game enough. The game was made 2 years ago, yet still has the best graphics and remains the best game on the psp.

Thanks for the opinion, but usually when a game vaults into a top spot it's because there's some news associated with it--just wondering if there was anything else going on with it. It's kinda looking like a cult favorite despite it's lukewarm reviews--I'll have to check it out.

ORANGE666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ORANGE666
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

Thanks for the opinion, but usually when a game vaults into a top spot it's because there's some news associated with it--just wondering if there was anything else going on with it. It's kinda looking like a cult favorite despite it's lukewarm reviews--I'll have to check it out.

mickcivic

Well, there's a new MHF game out in Japan called Monster Hunter Freedom 2nd G. Basically it's the same game with tons of new weapons, skills, maps etc and you can hire a cat to fight with you and level it up. Too bad it's only released in Japan, no announcement of it coming to North America any time soon.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
Hmm..I should get this "Monster Hunter" you speak of :P When i get my PSP that is.
DrakeXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrakeXII
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
Also a lot of the monsters have new attacks like Dioblos,Yian Garuga,Gypceros,and a lot more.
sky_fira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sky_fira
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
gravios is a piece of cake with any weapon , if you're melee'n him attack from under his stomach and observe Gravios' actions and roll away right before he does that annoying sleep gas attacks , also be aware that when he fires his laser in rage that there is a good chance that he'll release this red smoke that damages you so wait a bit after he fires his laser in rage. Other than that just hack at him from underneath and he'll go down in a good 15 - 25 minutes