OBLIVION, still awesome.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PreparationH123
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PreparationH123
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

Played through oblivion, got so close to the end, ps3 YLOD's

get new ps3,

beat the story and every guild(not enough imo)
walk into shivering isles, ps3 hard drive needs to be reforatted

for the third time now, I'm going to TRY to 100% this game before the hardware fries.

Still looking forward to it.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

You can't 100% complete Oblivion :P.

I mean, in you're mind you can. Anyway yes, Oblivion is a very entertaining game.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Oblivion...still the best RPG out there.

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

I much prefer Oblivion on PC because of the mods and the replayability is endless.

This game and I really have a love hate relationship. It is such a revolutionary game and I definitely give it a solid 9 or 9.5. With that being said, however, there is so much that I wish the game had that it doesn't. Even though you can free-roam the "freedom" seems limited to me.

L0newolf___DSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 L0newolf___DSH
Member since 2010 • 240 Posts

Damn im really hoping for an elder scrolls 5 at somepoint!

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sloan360

L0newolf___DSH

Don't we all.

Otoribashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Otoribashi
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts

Ahh I can't believe how much I hated Oblivion... The facial animation, the story, the retarded flying balls that are supposed to be spells and the game overall... I gave it 6 hours and I kept convincing myself that it'll get better until I transformed into a vampire unintentionally, you can't believe how much I hated being a vampire and having to do that lame long quest to cure yourself. I don't know what it is with western RPGs, they try to be open world but lose so much in the process... I hated Diablo too. Afterwards I didn't even bother with Fallout 3 because I don't want to experience that frustration again. I still have Oblivion and from time to time, I think to myself that maybe if I've given it more chance I would have had some fun. To me, Demon's Souls is far more challenging and unique But they're different games I guess.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Agreed, Oblivion is the only game in years that I always can fall back on and still have fun with and not get bored.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

My first real non FPS PS3 game and my first WRPG I actually liked.

Also the first open world game to actually log 200+ hours of gameplay. I liked that it didn't "end". Oblivion will forever be well worth what I paid for and be in my top list of all time favourite games. I also like that I can always come back to it after long periods of time.

Hopefully whatever the next release would be, lives up to the same standards.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Ahh I can't believe how much I hated Oblivion... The facial animation, the story, the retarded flying balls that are supposed to be spells and the game overall... I gave it 6 hours and I kept convincing myself that it'll get better until I transformed into a vampire unintentionally, you can't believe how much I hated being a vampire and having to do that lame long quest to cure yourself. I don't know what it is with western RPGs, they try to be open world but lose so much in the process... I hated Diablo too. Afterwards I didn't even bother with Fallout 3 because I don't want to experience that frustration again. I still have Oblivion and from time to time, I think to myself that maybe if I've given it more chance I would have had some fun. To me, Demon's Souls is far more challenging and unique But they're different games I guess.

Otoribashi

I was so happy when I read this, until I got up to the part where you said you hated Diablo as well :( lol. Diablo 1 or 2? II is AMAZING. I agree though that oblivion is just pretty awful. The spells are awful. The graphics and facial animations are awful. The customization is....what customization? You know, the leveling up through running around jumping all the time to level your agility or whatnot :P. And worst of all, even above the drab story, is the environments being SO repetitive. I never understood why this game is considered one of the best RPG's.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sloan360

Otoribashi

Why did you come to this topic if only to spew hatred?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Too easy, not much skill required at all...
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="Otoribashi"]

Sloan360

He's not allowed an opinion? Why are you here spewing how much you love the game? Same reason he is, plus rules don't say he can't post how much he hates a game.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Otoribashi

Oblivion isn't very well polished, but the game is so big, massive, addicting, and just fun that it's easily forgivable. Demon's Souls and Oblivion and barely even the same genre.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Morrowind>Oblivion

VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

Morrowind>Oblivion

spookykid143

Daggerfall > Morrowind > Oblivion

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

[QUOTE="Otoribashi"]

JohnF111

He's not allowed an opinion? Why are you here spewing how much you love the game? Same reason he is, plus rules don't say he can't post how much he hates a game.

Called trolling and I called him out on it. You obviously just wanted to do the same thing. With the topic saying, OBLIVION is awesome, that should give some inclination to those that don't like it to look elsewhere. I myself came to this to say how much I enjoyed the game, because I saw the title, OBLIVION is awesome.

IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IceBlazerX
Member since 2010 • 3286 Posts
Not really....
Alejandro1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Alejandro1992
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

never played this game on ps3 is there any big difference from the pc version which in my opinion was great

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Otoribashi
Not all wrpgs are that style. Have you played Dragon Age or any other Bioware titles ?
conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Amazing game,Beautiful surroundings and the story was also pretty good.Waiting for the eventual Elder scrolls 5.
FiFa_kirikiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FiFa_kirikiki
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts
Attention please! Listen...ummm I don't want to be offensive nor an embarrassment but, I have never play this game.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

L0newolf___DSH

Get Dragon Age its about as close as you can get. I liked DA until I got to the Broodmother and never could beat her..lol..but otherwise very close type gameplay.

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

Oblivion has a lame story, a broken level up system and is overall just horribly glitchy.

BUT WHY DO I LOVE IT SO MUCH!?

L0newolf___DSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 L0newolf___DSH

Attention please! Listen...ummm I don't want to be offensive nor an embarrassment but, I have never play this game. FiFa_kirikiki

Then you might as well pick it up and give it a bash, you can probably get it for pennies these days and is a great game. Hundreds of hours of awesomeness.

Shame that they never released a trophy patch though, considering the 360 got achievements. But, still a great game.

Avatar image for GrizzlyBear1976
GrizzlyBear1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GrizzlyBear1976
Member since 2010 • 140 Posts

Oblivion was a good game yes, but in terms of depth, compared to Daggerfall and Morrowind it was like a puddle compared to a lake.

L0newolf___DSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 L0newolf___DSH

Oblivion was a good game yes, but in terms of depth, compared to Daggerfall and Morrowind it was like a puddle compared to a lake.

GrizzlyBear1976

I agree actually, i have never played daggerfall, but morrowind was muchbetter in terms of open world, story line, side quests and stuff, if they re-released it for ps3 i would definitely buy it again.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

[QUOTE="GrizzlyBear1976"]

L0newolf___DSH

I agree actually, i have never played daggerfall, but morrowind was muchbetter in terms of open world, story line, side quests and stuff, if they re-released it for ps3 i would definitely buy it again.

Ok here is my problem #1 with Morrowind for XBOX anyways...YOU CANT KILL ANYONE!!...Simple towns women chase you down and kill you...lol..That to me is faulty gameplay right there. I still have Morrowind for the Xbox and have tried countless times to play it. I dont get 10min in the game. Oblivion was more "user friendly" to me..It is just a far better overall game to me. Sure I played Oblivion on its easiest setting...Thats the only way I would ever play a game like that. BUT I loved it. It was extremely repetitive but just fun to hackNslash my way through..

Avatar image for chedarcheese190
chedarcheese190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 chedarcheese190
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts

oblivion is the wife i loved at the beginning of our marriage but then i started cheating on her with other games because she was old.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="Otoribashi"]

bussinrounds

Not all wrpgs are that style. Have you played Dragon Age or any other Bioware titles ?

Lol, DA:O is one of the worst RPGs out there, he'll hate WRPGs even more if he plays it. Bioware's other titles are good though.

Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

Called trolling and I called him out on it. You obviously just wanted to do the same thing. With the topic saying, OBLIVION is awesome, that should give some inclination to those that don't like it to look elsewhere. I myself came to this to say how much I enjoyed the game, because I saw the title, OBLIVION is awesome.

Sloan360

That's a good principle to follow. It would basically go like this: "I love Oblivion" "Me too" "Yeah, me too" "Signed" *thread dead*

It's a forum, people have different opinions and we discuss things. It seems like YOU are the one missing the point here.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#32 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Oblivion is hot.. If I play the game, I'll abuse it for one whole month straight and then stop playing it for months lol :P
Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts

i got this on ps3 cause my brother had it on pc and told me it was good but i hated it.. walking up to people and hitting them with swords isnt exactly what i wanna be doing in a fps.. id take fallout if i have to play a western rpg..

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Stressthesky

That's a good principle to follow. It would basically go like this: "I love Oblivion" "Me too" "Yeah, me too" "Signed" *thread dead*

It's a forum, people have different opinions and we discuss things. It seems like YOU are the one missing the point here.

I saw the title...I posted...I got the point. Learn to move on or ignore my posts if it bothers you that much. I had my opinion on the opinion of another. We're on a forum, people have different opinions on others, and I discussed them. I clearly get the point.

5nakeEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 5nakeEater
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

Oblivion will always be awesome. Just beat the main story a few days ago since I never payed too much attention to it because of all the other quests.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

And it will continue to be awesome until the new one comes out. Most of the PS3 RPGs can't still reach its magnificence.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"][QUOTE="Otoribashi"]

StealthMonkey4

Lol, DA:O is one of the worst RPGs out there, he'll hate WRPGs even more if he plays it. Bioware's other titles are good though.

Dragon Age's combat is fun if you play on nightmare and do a no deaths run, meaning - reload when a party member "goes down". Makes for a more tactical game, cause you have to pause constantly & give orders/position characters, turning it into a semi-turn based game. It might not be any Shadows of Amn, but it is good, and probably something the guy i responded to would enjoy alot more than any other consoles rpg, based on his post. ( unless he also likes jrpgs )
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Oblivion is an amazing game indeed.

I just don't ever see myself finishing it.... such a big game :P

ill001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ill001
Member since 2002 • 2323 Posts
Oblivion is great. If only it had a cinematic kill camera for arrow and magic ranged attacks, ala Fallout!