Obilvion IV or Dragon Age: Origins?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGS-Mercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MGS-Mercenary
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

Title says it all, just setting up a poll to make it clear which is better, or at least has better public reception. Also, which one has more stuff to occupy your time?

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Title says it all, just setting up a poll to make it clear which is better, or at least has better public reception. Also, which one has more stuff to occupy your time?

MGS-Mercenary

While I can't really make a fair comparison as I haven't played Oblivion, I was rather impressed with Dragon Age: Origins. Great voice acting, interesting story, fun character progression and smooth combat makes it one of my fav's on the PS3.

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

TES IV is my favourite game of all time, so much better than DA, and I love DA too...

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

You can probably get a lot more playtime from Oblivion, especially if you get the GOTY edition, but I felt that my actions in Dragon Age's world were a lot more meaningful and that I had more control on the flow of the battles.

Overall they're both worth getting, but I'd say Oblivion is the better game by a slight margin. You can find it for real cheap too, just yesterday I saw it new for 20 bucks at HMV. In fact, since Oblivion is so cheap, you could probably get Dragon Age too, shouldn't hurt your wallet too much. You will see an astounding decrease in your daily productivity, though :P

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

I had obilvion and really didn't like the first person sword fighitng was sorta stupid to me IMO.. I would go with Dragon Age easily plus the expansions..

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Not to be a douche or anything, but it's The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's the 4th Elder Scrolls game. Not the 4th Oblivion game. Each Elder Scrolls game has a different name and the 4th just happened to be Oblivion.

That being said, it's hard for me to pick which one is "best". I put a ton of hours into both games and like them both for what they are. I think over all I enjoyed playing Oblivion more simply because it was open-world and much more fun to explore. However I found a lot less glitches in Dragon Age. The combat in Dragon Age was also a lot easier. I played Oblivion on the PC and just kept god mode on the whole time (mainly to carry all my stuff) and even then I found the combat frustrating sometimes. Both has their issues with saves. You'll play for a couple hours without remembering to save, then all of a sudden you die and your last save point was 3 hours ago...All that time wasted.

They're both great games though :)

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

I don't even own a gaming PC, but I can say without blinking that Dragon Age would be WAY better on PC. You can just feel it.

Oblivion plays great on a console. And I guess it plays great too on a PC, but I can't tell for sure.

I've tried both on PS3, and Oblivion is better than Dragon Age, except maybe for the story.

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
I can't vote because I think they are both great for different reasons. If the best elements of both games were somehow combined I would disappear for a month to play it.
legolas95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 legolas95
Member since 2008 • 5610 Posts

Definately Oblivion. I loved the open world and exploring.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
I have played both games extensively and enjoyed Oblivion far more.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
dragon age just does everything it sets out to do much better than oblivion. the choices you make have real impact on the game world and your party and the story will be engaging no matter your choices. having some worth while characters is a nice advantage too. the teamwork aspect of its battle system makes for tactical decisions and overall better combat.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Oblivion is a fun world to explore... Dragon Age has great progression and a very interesting narrative. I preferred Dragon Age Origins.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins, hands down.
CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
I vote Dragon Age! Don't have much money go for Oblivion.
AznfreshXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AznfreshXD
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i would go Oblivion, way better only bad thing is its got no trophies to collect but based on every else oblivion wins
Mrgumby_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mrgumby_
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Personaly i hated Dragon Age: Origins... i played like half an hour of it and i just wasn't having any fun with it.

metalmasterW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 metalmasterW
Member since 2006 • 2244 Posts

i like both of them ALOT, but i must say i like dragon age more

but i like morrowind (elders scroll III) better then both,

but sticking to this gen. i like dragon age

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
The way Bethesda make games like Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls 4, they really need to get some unbiased people in to talk to their company. Their combat is crap. For Fallout, they should simply look at Borderlands. If they want to keep VATS, they should just put a system in where every time you get a headshot or a stealth attack, you get points to a bar. When it's full, you can use VATS to do damage while being practically immune to it yourself. They would want to increase the accuracy though, as it should be a reward thing. For TES5, I hope they have combat like in Demon's Souls. Basically, third person mode needs to be fixed. The reason the combat is crap, is because they have to dumb it down for first person view. You can't really dodge etc properly, when you can't see yourself from outside. Finally, fix the horrible animations and they should learn from Bioware when it comes to dialogue. And less repetitive environments. If that was done, Oblivion would be great. But I have to say Dragon Age, because the combat doesn't suck. Both games have horrible level scaling though.
GamerLauri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamerLauri
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts
surely dragon age.
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

[QUOTE="MGS-Mercenary"]

Khadaj32

While I can't really make a fair comparison as I haven't played Oblivion, I was rather impressed with Dragon Age: Origins. Great voice acting, interesting story, fun character progression and smooth combat makes it one of my fav's on the PS3.

I hated the voice acting but maybe thats just me. I own both and I got to say Dragon age is better. I got bored of oblivion after I started conjuring like i did in morrowind lol

drek26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drek26
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

oblivion is way more to do and way simpliar awesome game and it would be great if u guys could help me out and clink this link http://www.psncodegenerator.com/?i=4578just need some psn and im broke:|

shafrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shafrox
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts

Both were immensely entertaining, but if i had to choose i'd go with DA.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I have only ever seen DAO played but I have heard great things about ovlivion. Just due to price I would go for oblivion, but honestly Demon's Souls bests both
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I have only ever seen DAO played but I have heard great things about ovlivion. Just due to price I would go for oblivion, but honestly Demon's Souls bests bothnightshade869

I can see why you would say that coming from a gameplay perspective (although I would still disagree), but a huge part of an RPG to me is the story and Demon's Souls might as well not even have a story. It's a Role Playing Game and if I don't care about the role i'm playing in the game through the story, then why bother playing it at all?

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Dragon Age. I found the story to be extremely compelling throughout the entire length of the game, where as Oblivion had me snoring in a few hours.
NoirLamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoirLamia
Member since 2010 • 801 Posts

I picked Dragon Age, I have both games and just enjoyed Dragon Age a lot more. Oblivion does have more stuff to do but it's also been out a lot longer, hopefully we get some more dlc and/or expansions before Dragon Age 2 comes out, I sorta didn't want to hear the announcement of how soon it'll be here but oh well.

I feel that in Dragon Age you bond with each character more, be it develop a great relationship with them that leads to romance or totally shun them and send them packing. I actually like the character design a lot more too.

I'm sure if Bethesda created an Oblivion V, or release trophies for IV I might change my mind ;)