Ni No Kuni or Xenoblade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

I'm thinking of buying a new game and was wondering if should get Ni No Kuni or Xenoblade Chronicles. Both games seem awesome but I hear that Xenoblade is a msterpiece. I also heard that Ni No Kuni was great. Keep in mind that if I buy Xenoblade that it will cost $80

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Ni No Kuni is excellent and you can get it for normal price. I really can't support the ridiculous markups I've seen for Xenoblade.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Alx1231

Ni No Kuni is excellent and you can get it for normal price. I really can't support the ridiculous markups I've seen for Xenoblade.

heretrix
Yeah but the awful truth is that, out of all my friends, I'm the only JRPG fan. I feel like Xenoblade's price is only going to go up and I'll never get to play it.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

Ni no kuni is breath taking i would go for it.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
That's a bit of a gamble there. Xenoblade could shoot up in price even more, or it could randomly come back in stock at Gamestop at some point. I've seen stuff like that happen before. I don't really have advice since I haven't played Ni no Kuni but Xenoblade is very good(but not quite worth all the praise imo, close though).
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I wholeheartedly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles as it's a wonderful JRPG's. The price however is still very high, unless you can afford both I very much recommend Ni No Kuni - superb game.

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I've only played the demo for NNK, and honestly I wasn't impressed by the battlesystem. I still heard the game was magical though, and plan to get it in the future.

I can whole heartedly recommend X-C though, it's something I considered to be something magical WELL BEFORE NNK came out, and X-C is honestly MY top 3 games for 2012 (ie, my top 3 nominees for game of the year 2012). There is something special about this game that few games can ever accomplish with pure game design and graphics alone. It has sadly been overlooked by gamers for some reason (actually, I realize just of THIS moment b/c it was released on the Wii exclusively, not the ps3/360, so that might be a sad reason why it has been overlooked).

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alx1231
I think I'm going to go for Xenoblade Chronicles because, while I think I will love both of them, I think that Xeno's price is just going to go up and Ni no Kuni's will probably go down.
chronos2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chronos2013
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Buy, play, sell! Then get Ni no Kuni
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I have and recommend both. Xenoblade will probably be harder to find at good price so get that first if you can.
neuropunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 neuropunk
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

Ninokuni has far better combat. I wish Xenoblade had Xenogears style combat, and with mechs.

Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

I never opened my copy of Xenoblade...guess I'll keep it sealed now.

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

I personally didn't get into Xenoblade. Yes, it was good, but there was to many things that just didn't strike my fancy. I had alot of build up for the game, and didn't end up playing it through.

So far though, Ni No Kuni may just be one of my favorite things ever. It has drawn me in like crazy.

I don't think you pass on either, so go for Xenoblade now and Ni No Kuni later.