New PS3 Gamer needing game suggestions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

memphisking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 memphisking9
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Hey guys, I just got a PS3 today after having an xbox/xbox 360 for the past I believe five years? Obviously, I've missed out on a lot of great PS3 exclusive games and was hoping some of you guys could suggest some really good ones that I haven't thought of yet.

Heres the list I made so far:

• Infamous
  • Killzone 1,2,3
  • heavy rain
  • god of war 1,2,3
  • prince of persia franchise
  • metal gear solid franchise
  • MAG
  • Uncharted
  • Resistance 1 and 2

Please, no Final Fantasy.

Really appreciate any and all input.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

You've already got Uncharted on your list, so you're good. Get both, they're mind-blowing. Also, you may like Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. Not as serious as the other games on your list, but infinitely more fun.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Final Fantasy 13

White Knight Chronicles

Hyperdimension

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

I HGIHLY reccommend infamous. Great story and gameplay. Its my favorite game ever. MAG is also amazing. there will be times where you'll be frustrated and the learning curve is steep but once you get the hang of it, its a ridiculously awesome game. Just dont play it like COD and dont join the faction SVER. I wasnt a fan of uncharted. I thought it was kinda boring and the jump controls didnt flow well when i played it.

memphisking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 memphisking9

You've already got Uncharted on your list, so you're good. Get both, they're mind-blowing. Also, you may like Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. Not as serious as the other games on your list, but infinitely more fun.

LOLhahaDEAD

Nice! I forgot about the Ratchet and clank games, always wanted to play them.

Theres another game like that, that I always wanted to play thats similar but I can't think of it off hand. Remember, never had a PS2 nor a PS3.

memphisking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 memphisking9

I HGIHLY reccommend infamous. Great story and gameplay. Its my favorite game ever. MAG is also amazing. there will be times where you'll be frustrated and the learning curve is steep but once you get the hang of it, its a ridiculously awesome game. Just dont play it like COD and dont join the faction SVER. I wasnt a fan of uncharted. I thought it was kinda boring and the jump controls didnt flow well when i played it.

sagejonathan

Yeah, I'm really excited about Infamous, I remember when that came out I think it was that and Prototype came out about the same time, that game was a HUGE letdown and I was jealous that I couldn't make up for it by playing Infamous.

Now heres my question for MAG, do alot of people still play it? I mean I know it can be up to like what 200 something people per game? haha but its been out long enough im worried that I won't ever get close to that number! Not sure how the factions work in that game, but whats wrong with SVER? just kinda ****?

memphisking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 memphisking9

Another franchise I always wanted to play was Socom.

Now, that the fourth one is out I keep hearing mixed things about it. O man its so great! or eh its ok.

and on this website there were quite a few reviews that said it killed the series!! haha I was like ouch!

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
Sly Cooper Collection, Little Big Planet (if your into that sort of thing), Wipeout HD Fury, Ratchet and Clank series, Super Stardust HD, Heavenly Sword, Deathspank, 3D Dot Game Heroes.
Cyb0rg360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Cyb0rg360
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

Demons Souls