New Move Demos, definitely a plus for consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

I was skeptical of Move when it was announced last year... I wasn't interested at all. Sony managed to get me interested after reading several previews this E3, and seeing that Sorcery demo. Now a new video has been posted of some of the demo's shown off to 3rd party developers, demonstrating the potential of Move. And I have to say.... it is pure awesome. Even though it is compared to the Wiimote, it is obviosly SOOO much more... As you can see for yourself in the vid here.

For years, hermits have bragged about the precision of mouse/keyboard controls in shooters & rts games... Move not only appears to match this, but go 1 or 2 steps beyond. I am definitely interested to see how developers take advantage of this tech in the years to come.

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
I gotta say that's pretty awesome. Move has, in my mind anyway, always had more potential in game applications than any of the other motion controllers. It might not look as catchy or new as the Kinect, but it's just got way more potential.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Awesome fire demo at the end and the precision was spot on as well. Hopefully they can make an Avatar: TLA game where you can be an actual firebending now. Sweet.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

I have been using move and the wii remote since the power glove came out for the nes....

I have also watched 3D for years....

And have to say nothing feels like a gimmick as all the way sony has been presenting it....Move is 10x better the wii and the 3D so far in pain and super star dust acutally have great 3rd dimensions and the rocks sometimes feel like they are blasted right by your head...

This is all just the next step into holographic 3rd dimensions that will pop off our screen using no glasses and which we will be able to manipulate with out hands....Like opening a 3D mail box with your hands and taking out the mail...

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Meh Move doesn't seem to be much better than WM+ and the Wii already demonstrated what pointer controls can do for shooters and RTS like games.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Looks alright but ill wait it out and see if more games come out for it that im interested in.