Need Help On Mgs4 Fight - Vamp!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamereviews2008
Gamereviews2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamereviews2008
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts
I am onto act 4, the Vamp fight. I manage to kill him but he just gets up. Otocon says to use the syringe, but what do you do with it? Help please!
seriousley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 seriousley
Member since 2005 • 1093 Posts
kill him and when he gets back up get behind him and press triangle...which i believe puts him in a choke hold and then you press another button that is shown to you and you inject him
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
When he's getting up (after you take him out of course), stand behind him with the Syringe equipped and press R1 to grab him, then press Triangle to stick him the neck.
Wave360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wave360
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
You equip the syringe then grab him with Cqc after killing him... After you will be prompted to press Triangle to inject him
Avatar image for Gamereviews2008
Gamereviews2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gamereviews2008
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts
Oh, ok, thanks alot, i'll try it out tomorrow, had enough at the moment, lol!
unholymight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 unholymight
Member since 2007 • 3378 Posts
It's much easier to grab him after having killed him twice.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
The Solar Gun is the best choice for this fight. 1 hit, 1 kill then Syringe. He's a vampire, his weakness is sunlight.
Inger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Inger1
Member since 2005 • 941 Posts

Yup, as others have already explained, just kill him once and then inject him with the syringe.

I'd just like to add(i'm not trying to be an ahole or anything) but some ppl might not appreciate the spoiler that you fight vamp/vamp is still alive right in the title, makes it near impossible to avoid seeing. Personally that was one of my "Wow!" moments seeing him again after I was sure raiden had already finished the bastard in MGS2. He's even got the scar and everything from the snipe to the head.

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

When he's getting up (after you take him out of course), stand behind him with the Syringe equipped and press R1 to grab him, then press Triangle to stick him the neck.Prinze

Like he said.

SPOILERS... well, not if you played till vamp pop.

PS: the syringe is in the item menu, and it destroys the nanotech, wich is, for vamp, his regenerative power.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
i had a hard time with that fight too until I figured out how to use the syringe on him.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Also I must note aswell. It depends on the difficulty level on how many times you have to take him down too. On Big Boss Hard, I had to take Vamp down 3 times before I was able to stick him.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AgentH

Also I must note aswell. It depends on the difficulty level on how many times you have to take him down too. On Big Boss Hard, I had to take Vamp down 3 times before I was able to stick him.Denji

damn straight man! I was amazed how many times he countered my CQC grabs on The Boss Extreme. Plus, the fight itself on The Boss Extreme is more challenging and more fun!

roadkill12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 roadkill12
Member since 2003 • 59 Posts
Vamp was shown to be alive at the very end of MGS 2. He was seen in the streets.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
The Solar Gun is the best choice for this fight. 1 hit, 1 kill then Syringe. He's a vampire, his weakness is sunlight.
AgentH

At close range, the Saiga 12 seems to down him in one hit as well. (at least with stun rounds)

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentH"]The Solar Gun is the best choice for this fight. 1 hit, 1 kill then Syringe. He's a vampire, his weakness is sunlight.
ThePlothole

At close range, the Saiga 12 seems to down him in one hit as well. (at least with stun rounds)

a headshot with a sniper rifle too...vamp is the easiest boss in MGS4 in my opinion

cochisewarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cochisewarrior
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="AgentH"]The Solar Gun is the best choice for this fight. 1 hit, 1 kill then Syringe. He's a vampire, his weakness is sunlight.
USMC_Sn1per

a headshot with a sniper rifle too...vamp is the easiest boss in MGS4 in my opinion

you just love snipers, dont you? haha

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
this was all explained if you just call on your codec and listen.....
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgentH
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="AgentH"]The Solar Gun is the best choice for this fight. 1 hit, 1 kill then Syringe. He's a vampire, his weakness is sunlight.
cochisewarrior

you just love snipers, dont you? haha

snipers, pistols, shotguns, rifles and grenades in MGS4 are all balanced and very well designed!

killzone_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 killzone_gamer
Member since 2007 • 2333 Posts

AgentH

WTF is the solar gun?

Railgun?

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThePlothole

[QUOTE="AgentH"]The Solar Gun is the best choice for this fight. 1 hit, 1 kill then Syringe. He's a vampire, his weakness is sunlight.
killzone_gamer

WTF is the solar gun?

Railgun?

The solar gun is a weapon you unlock by defeating all the B&Bs (as well as the FROGs during your first encounter) non-lethally, and then collecting a little statue. It's sorta like a stun version of the rail gun.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AgentH

killzone_gamer

WTF is the solar gun?

Railgun?

no it's not the rail gun. You need to collect 5 different dolls in the game to unlock the solar gun which is a pretty amazing weapon!

1) Defeat the frogs(After Meryl's meeting) with non-leathal weapons. Hint: Don't shoot the frogs while they're on the walls or sticked on the ceiling. If they are knocked out or sleep during their sticking they will fall on the ground and die which will count as a kill. When you finish the fight, you should find a doll in the garage where it loads right after the end of the fight.

2) Defeat all the Beasts(beast form) using non-leathal weapons. The dolls are in the area where you defeat the beasts. Make sure you take them before you kill the beauties.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ThePlothole
1) Defeat the frogs(After Meryl's meeting) with non-leathal weapons. Hint: Don't shoot the frogs while they're on the walls or sticked on the ceiling. If they are knocked out or sleep during their sticking they will fall on the ground and die which will count as a kill. When you finish the fight, you should find a doll in the garage where it loads right after the end of the fight.AgentH

I seem to recall knocking a few FROGs off of the walls and still getting the statue. The only requirement seems to be that you yourself don't use lethal rounds. (you could even just let the Rat Patrol kill them for you)

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"]1) Defeat the frogs(After Meryl's meeting) with non-leathal weapons. Hint: Don't shoot the frogs while they're on the walls or sticked on the ceiling. If they are knocked out or sleep during their sticking they will fall on the ground and die which will count as a kill. When you finish the fight, you should find a doll in the garage where it loads right after the end of the fight.ThePlothole

I seem to recall knocking a few FROGs off of the walls and still getting the statue. The only requirement seems to be that you yourself don't use lethal rounds. (you could even just let the Rat Patrol kill them for you)

oh then don't do that if you want the Big Boss emblem. :P