My Silent Hill: Homecoming Review....MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

Ok let me be the first to say silent hill wasnt all about graphics but i do admit that its alot better than previous ones. ok so here goes......i played half way through so far havent finished it so it might NOT be a complete review lol, but its something for those who wants to get it and not sure,

gamplay = 9/10

sound = 10/10

Graphics = 8/10 some levels are awesome, well designed better than other silent hill games.

story = 8/10 ud get more if u read all the notes, if u just go through it without readin everythin ull be lost and basically wont understand much

well in total i give it a 9/10 and the game is scary, not start to finish, but the beginning its alil slow because it introduces the characters and basically gets u familiar with the controlls and wat not, but as u unfold the story and get further in the game, the atmosphere becomes better and more scary. level designs are best i seen in silent hill series. well this is it for now, sorry if tis imcomplete, just wanted to help other gamers out if they were interested, feel free to ask any questions and ill be glad to answer them as best as i can, and the more i progress the more ill fill in about my review,but as far as i know i love he game so far and i rate it 9 outta 10! hope this helps, thanks

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
How you you compare this Silent Hill to the other ones in terms of scariness factor like dread? When you finish the game, come back and tell us what you think of this Silent Hill compared to the other ones.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JoKeR_421

How you you compare this Silent Hill to the other ones in terms of scariness factor like dread? When you finish the game, come back and tell us what you think of this Silent Hill compared to the other ones.dream431ca

because they all had their own scaryness, they had their own story, each was different, thats why im comparing it, im half way down and only thing i have to do is kill the last 2 bosses, nothing is going to change(maybe it will) from now till i finish it besides the story ending and finding out wat happens, being scary has nothing to do with me finishing the game and coming back and telling u the scary factor, and if u read i said SO FAR ITS GOOD AND SCARY i didnt say itsbetter, i said some level designs are better, please if u dont like wat im sayin or even if its not complete review dont bother postin im just tryin thelp others that do need em

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Dude, this game's great. I'm absolutely loving it. :)
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
That's not a bad review... upload it before the mods lock this topic.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoKeR_421

That's not a bad review... upload it before the mods lock this topic.GreenGoblin2099

wat do i upload exactly?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JoKeR_421

Dude, this game's great. I'm absolutely loving it. :)BioShockOwnz

i know right? i cant wait to play it on hard mode

ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
This game it blowing my mind. I'm just taking a little breather for now.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
This game is ****ing amazing. I am loving this game, though I think that it's going to suffer from SH2 syndrome if the first two chapter's are any indication. I have started amassing health items and I have absolutely no need for them.
BigSandbags9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigSandbags9
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
Is this game short so I can rent it cause I don't have the 60$ to put down on a game that I'll beat it once and trade it in.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

ok this is all i need to know. l really liked 1-3, number 4, was such a **** load of ****! i mean the monsters were flying zombies, they kill you useing mind power, WTF, *** of a game, so my question is, is it more like 1-3, or is it more like silent hill 4 the room???

Rocksta-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocksta-R
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
Does the game have a mandatory HDD install? and if so how big?
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
oh one more question, how long did it take you to beat. thanks
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoKeR_421

rocksta-r no, no install needed, and iamshivy, i put 8hrs so far in it, kinda taking my time, well its mostly cuz of work, but its nothing like 4, i think 4 was kinda bad, and im a silent hill fan, if u enjoyed 1 and 2, ull love 5. but ill let u know when im done with it, i think if u play the game on hard(which i suggest) cuz on defualt the game is in some ways if u master the combat and dodging system well, ull have a good chance on progressing, but if u want some challenge then go on hard, i started on normal (you only get normal and hard setting for now, dont know if u beat the game theres another settin or wat u unlock) but its still kidna challenging.

and essain i actually screwd up on health bottles lol, i didnt practice or mastered the combat/dodging sytem cuz i just wanted to play lol cuz its just freakin awesome, but i have 8 left but one thing is really kinda making me worried is ammo, man hard to find em or im just missing them.

Rocksta-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rocksta-R
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
Even an optional install? I like HDD installs. I might pick this up tomorrow then w/ Rockband 2 Drums if I could find one.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoKeR_421

Even an optional install? I like HDD installs. I might pick this up tomorrow then w/ Rockband 2 Drums if I could find one. Rocksta-R

nope no install at all not even optional :)

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
do i need to play 3 &4 to know whats going on or is this a whole different story?
Someguy2055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Someguy2055
Member since 2008 • 213 Posts

I'm a big silent hill fan but I only played one Silent Hill game, which was number 3. And I absolutely loved it. One of my favorite games on PS2. I've been hesitant to pick this one up because of the mediocre reviews it's been getting though... I remember getting the sh*t scared out of me back on the PS2 with only a 20inch SDTV. Sound and atmosphere are a big part of the Silent Hill experience so one thing I've been considering that even if the game isn't that awesome, it'll still scare the crap out of me on my new 52" Bravia and 5.1 sound system. Like I said, I've been kinda torn, not knowing what to do. Silent Hill is unique game aimed at a smaller demographic than most games. So one thing i consider is not to listen to the reviews of game sites, but reviews of Silent Hill fans. Is this worth a purchase?

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
This Game is Worth every penny in my opinion and it will scare the h%^& out of you!!! any questions just let me know...
Someguy2055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Someguy2055

This Game is Worth every penny in my opinion and it will scare the h%^& out of you!!! any questions just let me know...teacher4tc

I love being scared. People always comapre Resident Evil and Silent Hill and while I love Resident Evil I find it's more of an action game than a horror game. Sometimes I just need to be scared but only two games have done it for me so far, F.E.A.R. and Silent Hill 3. We already know the game has a decent story good graphics and great sound. But if it's not scary, then it's not worth it to me. Is it scary? How is the gameplay? One thing I'm worried about is that your character has combat training and such so he's more capable in combat. In SH3, you were a teenage girl and it was a very important part of the game to be because it made you feel helpless and defenseless. Is this feeling of dread and impending doom lost in SH: Homecoming?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="teacher4tc"]This Game is Worth every penny in my opinion and it will scare the h%^& out of you!!! any questions just let me know...Someguy2055

I love being scared. People always comapre Resident Evil and Silent Hill and while I love Resident Evil I find it's more of an action game than a horror game. Sometimes I just need to be scared but only two games have done it for me so far, F.E.A.R. and Silent Hill 3. We already know the game has a decent story good graphics and great sound. But if it's not scary, then it's not worth it to me. Is it scary? How is the gameplay? One thing I'm worried about is that your character has combat training and such so he's more capable in combat. In SH3, you were a teenage girl and it was a very important part of the game to be because it made you feel helpless and defenseless. Is this feeling of dread and impending doom lost in SH: Homecoming?

Yes, it's definitely scary. You thought F.E.A.R. was scary... really? F.E.A.R. was like rainbows and unicorns. F.E.A.R. didn't create a feeling of dread and impending doom, nor did you feel defenseless.

opi-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 opi-14
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
I read IGN review give 6.7 score on Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'm interesting...unlike HARRY, JAMES and HEATER on combat attack. ALEX is an army trained. ALEX is solid good aim gun and he can dogde! well HE look for his little boy in Silent Hill. He face to darkness a monsters.
Someguy2055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Someguy2055
[QUOTE="Someguy2055"]

[QUOTE="teacher4tc"]This Game is Worth every penny in my opinion and it will scare the h%^& out of you!!! any questions just let me know...BioShockOwnz

Yes, it's definitely scary. You thought F.E.A.R. was scary... really? F.E.A.R. was like rainbows and unicorns. F.E.A.R. didn't create a feeling of dread and impending doom, nor did you feel defenseless.

You're right. Fear was no way near as scary as SH3, but theres something about creepy girls with long black hair that I find so unsettling. :P I blame the Japanese. >_>

Someguy2055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Someguy2055

I read IGN review give 6.7 score on Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'm interesting...unlike HARRY, JAMES and HEATER on combat attack. ALEX is an army trained. ALEX is solid good aim gun and he can dogde! well HE look for his little boy in Silent Hill. He face to darkness a monsters.opi-14

...?

READ

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JoKeR_421

I read IGN review give 6.7 score on Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'm interesting...unlike HARRY, JAMES and HEATER on combat attack. ALEX is an army trained. ALEX is solid good aim gun and he can dogde! well HE look for his little boy in Silent Hill. He face to darkness a monsters.opi-14

yes but if u see wat they say about it is stupid, like sound is too good, or the character can dodge which makes the game more easier. if u actually read wat they say, ull be like wtf? id understand if they say controlls arent responsive or character movements ae sluggish. but saying something like sound is too good/perfect for this game or somethin down that line, these arent their exact words but itd down those lines.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoKeR_421

do i need to play 3 &4 to know whats going on or is this a whole different story?POPEYE1716

no, each silent game had their own characters and story, only ones that are a sequal is 1 and 3. but 2 and 4 were completely different stories....so to answer ur question no u dont have to play the other silent hilll games