my RE5 demo hatin brothers...

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IronSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IronSalamander
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts

Here are the main complaints I hear:

"they need to get with the times, shooting while moving is a must. this game sucks"

"the controls are lame"

"its hard"

"i dont want to babysit that idiot"

"the coop is stupid"

THe only one i can agree on is babysitting, that IS really annoying. but other than that, you all need to grow a pair. So the game is hard, I am glad it is. If it wasnt, it would feel like Dead Space, super freakin easy. So easy i got bored and never finished it(was close too). The stand-and-shoot factor is the games style, its in every freakin survival horror game, and it works extremely well. just because you cant "RUN AWAY FROM TEH ZOMBIES!" and shoot like a screaming little girl doesnt make the game "phail". If you had limited ammo and zombies were coming at you, would you run and shoot GREATLY decreasing the accuracy of your fire or stand still and make sure each bullet counts? Yeah, tahts what I thought.

The coop is REALLY fun, im really glad they added it. It was a total blast playing through those 2 levels with my brother. So play with a friend before you diss it, you'll love it.

and on the difficulty again, if you think this is hard, try playing some of the games from the NES and SNES era, then try to complain about this.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
agree with 1 and 2... Capcom wants to turn RE into an action game then let it control like a damn action game..
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#3 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
I like it were you can't move while you shoot, I like the controls I thank they work for the best. It's to hard? Are you kidding me I thought it was easy it needs to be a lot harder.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
i think the babysittin will be a nice change...i mean how much longer are we to believe the main characters talk to themselves
IronSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IronSalamander
[QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.

Wow. You are complaining that you use R1 to shoot instead of R2. :|
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
My complaints are:

- No moving while shooting. I dont see the purpose at all for this, completley unrealistic and a big annoyance.
- Poor AI, I know they are zombies but still, they started walking into the wall, ignoring me. They just stood there for a while. And Sheva isnt any better, she doesnt keep up. When I was on the train she jumped back and forth, I have no idea why.
- Run out of ammo fast. I dont know if was just me, but I ran out of ammo fairly quickly which
- Game doesnt pause when you want to use items. I havent played any previous RE games, so I dont know if there all like this. But its really really annoying when your surrounded by zombies and you want to use an item and then the secondy option thing comes up where you have to choose what to do. By then Im usually getting attacked.
- Unclear directions. The direction of where to go isnt very clear always, a couple of times I got stuck because I was unsure of where to go
- Babysitting the AI partner. I cant count how many times I had to save her, and then she gets caught again. Very tedious
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="IronSalamander"][QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.

wow.. way to fail at reading...
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
[QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.IronSalamander

No, square
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Why the hell do you care so much about what other people think about a video game that you didn't even make?

Let the whiners whine, because in the end it's still a good game to you.

IronSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IronSalamander
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="IronSalamander"][QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.

woops, my bad. but either way, i think this "gen" is being too babysat. accept the game as it is, its hella fun. but you all nitpick every little problem. go cry then, i'll be enjoying RE5
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="IronSalamander"] Wow. You are complaining that you use R1 to shoot instead of R2. :|IronSalamander

woops, my bad. but either way, i think this "gen" is being too babysat. accept the game as it is, its hella fun. but you all nitpick every little problem. go cry then, i'll be enjoying RE5

THANKS.

Do that.

Griggrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Griggrr
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

I think i dont like the re series. i got re4 and hated it, and tried the demo and hated it.

i found the demo really easy on my part and i wasnt doing co op

the chick your with is sorta smart but the enemies take 1 step at a time and take forever for them to get to you and when they run they die with 1 shot...

the axe dude was cool but takes forever to kill him if you can cause that cut scene comes fast...

i just didnt like it... the controls where meh but easy to get used to. excuse me im going back to dead space.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
I'm glad I am not the only one that likes the demo. I really can't find anything wrong with it. I love the fact that you have to stand still to shoot. It builds the tension dramatically. The controls were perfect for me. I thought the AI was actually pretty great. I never needed to babysit Sheva at all. The game was at a just right difficulty. I can't wait for the game to realease. But then, this is my opinion. No one here is right or wrong. I shall just enjoy it with everyone else when it arrives.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I also loved the demo. The fact that shooting and gunning are separated with the R1 button only adds to the game. I actually would prefer this control scheme in fighting slow-moving zombie dudes because the fact that you're rooted while shooting means that shooting becomes more of a defense in fending off guys rather than something you can use more offensively. This control scheme is perfect for me when fending off zombie-like infected guys. Babysitting Shiva will be almost a non-existent problem for me, because I'll probably get this game mainly for the fantastic co-op to play with my brother and friends.
Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
I also loved the demo. The fact that shooting and gunning are separated with the R1 button only adds to the game. I actually would prefer this control scheme in fighting slow-moving zombie dudes because the fact that you're rooted while shooting means that shooting becomes more of a defense in fending off guys rather than something you can use more offensively. This control scheme is perfect for me when fending off zombie-like infected guys. Babysitting Shiva will be almost a non-existent problem for me, because I'll probably get this game mainly for the fantastic co-op to play with my brother and friends.hazelnutman
We are almost exactly the same! High five for RE5!
Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
I have not played it yet but It seems to be close to RE4 so I will probably love it.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]I also loved the demo. The fact that shooting and gunning are separated with the R1 button only adds to the game. I actually would prefer this control scheme in fighting slow-moving zombie dudes because the fact that you're rooted while shooting means that shooting becomes more of a defense in fending off guys rather than something you can use more offensively. This control scheme is perfect for me when fending off zombie-like infected guys. Babysitting Shiva will be almost a non-existent problem for me, because I'll probably get this game mainly for the fantastic co-op to play with my brother and friends.tylergamereview
We are almost exactly the same! High five for RE5!

*highfive* I probably won't get it on the first day, but most likely in the first month of release. :P
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="IronSalamander"] Wow. You are complaining that you use R1 to shoot instead of R2. :|IronSalamander

Not trying to be rude but it is L1 for aiming and R1 for shooting correct?

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
agree with 1... Capcom wants to turn RE into an action game then let it control like a damn action game..americahellyeah
This
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
the demo was crap, annoying controls, and Im not sure if capcom's still trying to make it scary, still hoping the final build will be better, in this case it has to be 10x better from the demo
theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theROOTS420
Member since 2008 • 408 Posts

yeah it was pretty horrible. I also hate the fact that to add ammo to the gun you have to go to the ammo box and select combine and combine it with the gun. Stupid.

I tried to like it i really did. But this game is a complete dissaster

Groove60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Groove60
Member since 2004 • 359 Posts
Loved the demo, preordered CE long ago without and doubts that it would be an amazing game and the demo did not let me down. I have played all previous RE games and while I do miss the old style of play I believe this direction will apply to more people thus I do not believe Capcom will switch their path anytime soon. Only thing worth changing in my eyes is the button layout. I dont know why, but Type A controls are labeled as "RE4" but this is far from what I would call RE4 controls. On the GCN controller, B was run and A while holding down Rtrigger was shoot... It seems to be the opposite way here, I believe that X should be action/shoot and square should be run. Everything else was spot on.
B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts
i agree with 1 and 2, the controls suck and the amount of time you have to spend finding what inventery you have and actually using it to combine your weapon, the developers should make the ammo and inventery a little more easy to use instead of making us use all the dam buttons to get to the inventery
Groove60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Groove60
Member since 2004 • 359 Posts

yeah it was pretty horrible. I also hate the fact that to add ammo to the gun you have to go to the ammo box and select combine and combine it with the gun. Stupid.

I tried to like it i really did. But this game is a complete dissaster

theROOTS420
Holding down the aim button and hitting the run button is reload without entering the quick menu.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

If you're complaining you're not a true fan. RE has stayed true to its roots and any RE fan will appreciate that.

phoenixrebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 phoenixrebirth
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts

Here are the main complaints I hear:

"they need to get with the times, shooting while moving is a must. this game sucks"

"the controls are lame"

"its hard"

"i dont want to babysit that idiot"

"the coop is stupid"

THe only one i can agree on is babysitting, that IS really annoying. but other than that, you all need to grow a pair. So the game is hard, I am glad it is. If it wasnt, it would feel like Dead Space, super freakin easy. So easy i got bored and never finished it(was close too). The stand-and-shoot factor is the games style, its in every freakin survival horror game, and it works extremely well. just because you cant "RUN AWAY FROM TEH ZOMBIES!" and shoot like a screaming little girl doesnt make the game "phail". If you had limited ammo and zombies were coming at you, would you run and shoot GREATLY decreasing the accuracy of your fire or stand still and make sure each bullet counts? Yeah, tahts what I thought.

The coop is REALLY fun, im really glad they added it. It was a total blast playing through those 2 levels with my brother. So play with a friend before you diss it, you'll love it.

and on the difficulty again, if you think this is hard, try playing some of the games from the NES and SNES era, then try to complain about this.

IronSalamander
Dude I agree with u with everything except the Dead Space comment. I'll deal with that later lol. Its not a shooter or an action game for all u complaining. Its a survival horror game. U dont go rambo typically in these types of games (exceptions...House of the Dead, Left f4 Dead..well even in L4D u shouldnt go rambo). Capcom used the same formula that made the past RE games a hit. Why mess with something that has been working for u for years?! The demo was sick. U just have to get out of the habit of running and gunning and getting back into your RE mode. It took me a second to re-adjust since its been so long since I played RE4 and have been playing run and gun shooters in between but u adjust. If the game aint your thing hey it is what it is, man. Ok on Dead Space...u played on the default difficulty setting or something? lol. Let me shut up cause I played it on the PC so maybe its different on console. And exactly how "close" where u to da end? U know what? Dont answer. This aint the thread for it. RE5 demo was hot IMO. People seriously stop thinking every game where the main character has a gun is a shooter.
zaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zaney
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts
I don't mind baby sitting sheva as long as the story is compelling enough to give me a reason to.
kamaka500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kamaka500
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

- Game doesnt pause when you want to use items. I havent played any previous RE games, so I dont know if there all like this. But its really really annoying when your surrounded by zombies and you want to use an item and then the secondy option thing comes up where you have to choose what to do. By then Im usually getting attacked.EVOLV3

the directional pad actually can have whatever weapons/health you want assigned to them to bring them up quickly.

- Unclear directions. The direction of where to go isnt very clear always, a couple of times I got stuck because I was unsure of where to go

There is a map you can pull up in real time with R2 that shows you where your objective is and where your partner and main enemy is at all times.

EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EXO-grey-fox
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.BenderUnit22
I agree with everything you said. I dunno it feels like the same game almost. just better graphics. they even react almost the same. of course i'll still buy it. im forever a slave to capcom. but I dunno I wish for something a little diffrent
Gerardo1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gerardo1963
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

My god ppl are so freakin nitpicky now in days! As for me, I played the demo and i freakin loved everything about the game! And adding co-op jus made it even better! Its fun finding a fellow playstation user and fight off hordes of zombies and chainsaw wheeling maniacs and work together as a team! All the whiners can whine all they want but the fact of the matter is this game is gonna rock ppls socks off and theres nothing there little nitpicking selfs can do about it!

RESIDENT EVIL 5 FTW!!!!:D

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 americahellyeah

My god ppl are so freakin nitpicky now in days! As for me, I played the demo and i freakin loved everything about the game! And adding co-op jus made it even better! Its fun finding a fellow playstation user and fight off hordes of zombies and chainsaw wheeling maniacs and work together as a team! All the whiners can whine all they want but the fact of the matter is this game is gonna rock ppls socks off and theres nothing there little nitpicking selfs can do about it!

Gerardo1963
Why shouldn't we be nitpicky? we pay for the games... as a consumer its our job to critic and criticize the product in hopes of the company making it better! it could very well be that by all the complaining about the controls Capcom does the smart thing and just allow for custom mapping LIKE EVERY GAME SHOULD HAVE!
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
To me, nothing ruined RE5 but only one thing.....having sheva with you the whole game....i just can't imagine playing the single player with her all the time, where is my always familiar RE? where is the sense of danger being alone and then at the end of the day being epic as you saved or destroyed the whole place alone and put it out of its misery? .... i remember seeing the old RE5 videos and they were the **** probably because sheva wasn't produced yet....wish she wasn't, i mean i just want her to be playable when i go to co-op mode not also with single player!...come on what is this, army of two?
Gerardo1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gerardo1963
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts
[QUOTE="Gerardo1963"]

americahellyeah
Why shouldn't we be nitpicky? we pay for the games... as a consumer its our job to critic and criticize the product in hopes of the company making it better! it could very well be that by all the complaining about the controls Capcom does the smart thing and just allow for custom mapping LIKE EVERY GAME SHOULD HAVE!

I respect your opinion as a gamer! But still, i think this game is gonna be awesome! I know u do too! lol:P
EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EXO-grey-fox

To me, nothing ruined RE5 but only one thing.....having sheva with you the whole game....i just can't imagine playing the single player with her all the time, where is my always familiar RE? where is the sense of danger being alone and then at the end of the day being epic as you saved or destroyed the whole place alone and put it out of its misery? .... i remember seeing the old RE5 videos and they were the **** probably because sheva wasn't produced yet....wish she wasn't, i mean i just want her to be playable when i go to co-op mode not also with single player!...come on what is this, army of two?XxSTILL_BORNxX
new age resident evil is not scary it's for everybody. it's more known now. then it ever was.. P.s I love your avatar BLACK METAL!

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XxSTILL_BORNxX

[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]To me, nothing ruined RE5 but only one thing.....having sheva with you the whole game....i just can't imagine playing the single player with her all the time, where is my always familiar RE? where is the sense of danger being alone and then at the end of the day being epic as you saved or destroyed the whole place alone and put it out of its misery? .... i remember seeing the old RE5 videos and they were the **** probably because sheva wasn't produced yet....wish she wasn't, i mean i just want her to be playable when i go to co-op mode not also with single player!...come on what is this, army of two?EXO-grey-fox

new age resident evil is not scary it's for everybody. it's more known now. then it ever was.. P.s I love your avatar BLACK METAL!

Lol, Hell Yeah!...thanks:P. Well, ok i don't mind them making it an action game but please leave sheeva out of this mess...this fight is between Chris,Claire,Leon & Jill Valentine...they all went through this alone and survived, why can't i do this again alone on a next-gen console?...it just seems stupid to me and it looks like army of two on zombie mode.
EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EXO-grey-fox
[QUOTE="EXO-grey-fox"]

[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]To me, nothing ruined RE5 but only one thing.....having sheva with you the whole game....i just can't imagine playing the single player with her all the time, where is my always familiar RE? where is the sense of danger being alone and then at the end of the day being epic as you saved or destroyed the whole place alone and put it out of its misery? .... i remember seeing the old RE5 videos and they were the **** probably because sheva wasn't produced yet....wish she wasn't, i mean i just want her to be playable when i go to co-op mode not also with single player!...come on what is this, army of two?XxSTILL_BORNxX

Lol, Hell Yeah!...thanks:P. Well, ok i don't mind them making it an action game but please leave sheeva out of this mess...this fight is between Chris,Claire,Leon & Jill Valentine...they all went through this alone and survived, why can't i do this again alone on a next-gen console?...it just seems stupid to me and it looks like army of two on zombie mode.

true. I like the action parts too.. also iv liked the whole getting items to go to the next stage. and the puzzles. I hope there's puzzles. and yeah I I thought it was about them too. iv waited to play as Jill for the longest time o___o; I thought I was gonna play as her in this game cus of chris.... or have them have both seperate story lines. but two storylines is too much to ask for these days
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="EXO-grey-fox"]new age resident evil is not scary it's for everybody. it's more known now. then it ever was.. P.s I love your avatar BLACK METAL!

EXO-grey-fox

true. I like the action parts too.. also iv liked the whole getting items to go to the next stage. and the puzzles. I hope there's puzzles. and yeah I I thought it was about them too. iv waited to play as Jill for the longest time o___o; I thought I was gonna play as her in this game cus of chris.... or have them have both seperate story lines. but two storylines is too much to ask for these days

Yeah...but oh well, lets see how the final build works out...still not getting my hopes up.
EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EXO-grey-fox
[QUOTE="EXO-grey-fox"][QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"] Lol, Hell Yeah!...thanks:P. Well, ok i don't mind them making it an action game but please leave sheeva out of this mess...this fight is between Chris,Claire,Leon & Jill Valentine...they all went through this alone and survived, why can't i do this again alone on a next-gen console?...it just seems stupid to me and it looks like army of two on zombie mode.XxSTILL_BORNxX

Yeah...but oh well, lets see how the final build works out...still not getting my hopes up.

me neither we should play co op sometime. ill be the chick XD I wonder if you can unlock wesker and pick him that would be coooool or jill -faint-
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="EXO-grey-fox"] true. I like the action parts too.. also iv liked the whole getting items to go to the next stage. and the puzzles. I hope there's puzzles. and yeah I I thought it was about them too. iv waited to play as Jill for the longest time o___o; I thought I was gonna play as her in this game cus of chris.... or have them have both seperate story lines. but two storylines is too much to ask for these daysEXO-grey-fox

me neither we should play co op sometime. ill be the chick XD I wonder if you can unlock wesker and pick him that would be coooool or jill -faint-

PS3 ID : Alcomoney. Feel free to add me if you want to play one of the following games online... Resistance 2 , LBP & MGS4 & soon to be Warhawk. i still havn't downloaded the RE5 Demo but thats because i played it on my 360 but i will later though...as for your big boss emblem here is something that may help you, alot. THIS.
DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#41 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
It felt way to much like RE4... Just a rehashed version. Thats what made me dislike it.
EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EXO-grey-fox
[QUOTE="EXO-grey-fox"][QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]Yeah...but oh well, lets see how the final build works out...still not getting my hopes up. XxSTILL_BORNxX

PS3 ID : Alcomoney. Feel free to add me if you want to play one of the following games online... Resistance 2 , LBP & MGS4 & soon to be Warhawk. i still havn't downloaded the RE5 Demo but thats because i played it on my 360 but i will later though...as for your big boss emblem here is something that may help you, alot. THIS.

oooh cool. I play all those games all the time. big lbp and mgs fan. I got an xbox but kinda gave up since I got the red ring months ago.. and thanks alot for the big boss
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="EXO-grey-fox"]me neither we should play co op sometime. ill be the chick XD I wonder if you can unlock wesker and pick him that would be coooool or jill -faint-EXO-grey-fox

oooh cool. I play all those games all the time. big lbp and mgs fan. I got an xbox but kinda gave up since I got the red ring months ago.. and thanks alot for the big boss

Your welcome anytime,Hope it helps:).
Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

I loved it!!! It feels just like RE4 with slightly better controls. To me it feels less "tanky" because of the camera being controlled with the right analog stick. I just hope is that Sheva is only there on some of the chapters (unless you choose to play co-op obviously.) I really don't want here there the WHOLE time!

I really don't think they'll make us use her the whole time on single player mode... they probably just gave us the levels with her in them for the demo.

EXO-grey-fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 EXO-grey-fox
try shooting her lol
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 weddy92
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts
My complaints are:

- No moving while shooting. I dont see the purpose at all for this, completley unrealistic and a big annoyance.
- Poor AI, I know they are zombies but still, they started walking into the wall, ignoring me. They just stood there for a while. And Sheva isnt any better, she doesnt keep up. When I was on the train she jumped back and forth, I have no idea why.
- Run out of ammo fast. I dont know if was just me, but I ran out of ammo fairly quickly which
- Game doesnt pause when you want to use items. I havent played any previous RE games, so I dont know if there all like this. But its really really annoying when your surrounded by zombies and you want to use an item and then the secondy option thing comes up where you have to choose what to do. By then Im usually getting attacked.
- Babysitting the AI partner. I cant count how many times I had to save her, and then she gets caught again. Very tediousEVOLV3

Thats supoised to happen
Darks0ldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darks0ldier
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts

I think the controls are horrible and unconvenient for an action game. Seriously, you have a shooter that doesn't use the shoulder buttons for shooting? You aim not with L1 but with R1? There's no strafing and turning the camera doesn't turn your dude? When switching to aiming mode, the left analog stick changes functionality from walking to aiming? Sure, RE4 was a revolution for the series, taken in the context that previous RE games controlled like a brick on wheels on a frozen lake, but 4 years later, you can't offer me the same game again, Capcom.BenderUnit22

you should know that you can fix all of those problems by switching the controls in options. yea...

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

The only thing that I didn't like about the demo was that it seemed like Capcom made the game to Coop focused. If my friend wasn't picking this up, than this would have been a down the line purchase for me.

coasterdude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 coasterdude33
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

My main problem was the local co-op. The way they split the screen is terrible. almost half of each player's screen is just black..... for no reason. I am playing on a 50 inch plasma and I can't even see the laser sight to see where my bullets are going.

LAME!

IronSalamander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IronSalamander

I loved it!!! It feels just like RE4 with slightly better controls. To me it feels less "tanky" because of the camera being controlled with the right analog stick. I just hope is that Sheva is only there on some of the chapters (unless you choose to play co-op obviously.) I really don't want here there the WHOLE time!

I really don't think they'll make us use her the whole time on single player mode... they probably just gave us the levels with her in them for the demo.

Gesyma
I personally wished they kept the analog controls the same as RE4...to me having the ability to check each side of you was more important IMO.