My ps3 superslim will not startup?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tcf457073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 tcf457073
Member since 2010 • 476 Posts

my ps3 250gb superslim has yellow light then it red blinking light.

I got the ps3 at a gamestop on 12-31-2012.

I try to return it but they refues it saying superslim don't do this and they said I had open it up and mess it up but I have not open it and i vrey mad that they siad this.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Well........................................ those people at Gamestop should be set on fire for treating you like that. But although super slims (or the regular slims) arent known to get the YLOD, it appears that you indeed have the YLOD. IDK how that might of happened, but you system is paper weight now. And the word you are looking for is "said" not "sid"
redog003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 redog003
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
I feel bad for you bro. :/ Superslim user here too. Best of luck to you.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

call sony, describe exactly whats happening, they will probably offer to fix it for a expensive price, in turn find a mom and pop game store in your area and see if they fix the issue its usually cheaper

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow

call sony, describe exactly whats happening, they will probably offer to fix it for a expensive price, in turn find a mom and pop game store in your area and see if they fix the issue its usually cheaper

Djmaster214
I like how ever since I've been on this forums, people always mention mom & pop game stores, BUT i never in my life have ever seen one or herd or one. Do they even exist (in this era) or do people pull that out of their imagination?
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts
[QUOTE="Djmaster214"]

Nengo_Flow
I like how ever since I've been on this forums, people always mention mom & pop game stores, BUT i never in my life have ever seen one or herd or one. Do they even exist (in this era) or do people pull that out of their imagination?

A mom and pop store is simply a video game store that is not one of the mainstream retailers like GameStop or best buy. They are privately owned used/vintage game stores. Many of these places will do system repairs. Are you saying there isn't one non mainstream store anywhere near you?
tcf457073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tcf457073
Member since 2010 • 476 Posts

I got it replace a gamestop in Woodriver they didn't refuse it like the gamestop at Alton Square did.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Djmaster214"]

cheesie253

A mom and pop store is simply a video game store that is not one of the mainstream retailers like GameStop or best buy. They are privately owned used/vintage game stores. Many of these places will do system repairs. Are you saying there isn't one non mainstream store anywhere near you?

Not every town/city has one of these. I live in small-ish city, and while there used to be a couple of "mom and pop" stores, now there are zero.

Probably because there are a rediculous amount of gamestops and Best Buy's around here. Also there was one other small-ish chain that was bought out by Gamestop years ago (Rhino Video games).

From everything I've seen, mom and pop video game stores have disappeared just like video game arcades and independent record stores. It used to be that EVERY town had these, now... not so much. Most towns probably don't have any of them. 

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Djmaster214"]

cheesie253

I have never seen a non mainstream video game store before anywhere.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cheesie253

[QUOTE="cheesie253"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] I like how ever since I've been on this forums, people always mention mom & pop game stores, BUT i never in my life have ever seen one or herd or one. Do they even exist (in this era) or do people pull that out of their imagination?2Chalupas

I have never seen a non mainstream video game store before anywhere.

I guess my question at the end of my post was misunderstood. Because of the broken english, or poor grammar, I was not sure if he was saying there was not one near him or if he even knew what one was. So when I asked the question it was literal and not sarcastic.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cheesie253

[QUOTE="cheesie253"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] I like how ever since I've been on this forums, people always mention mom & pop game stores, BUT i never in my life have ever seen one or herd or one. Do they even exist (in this era) or do people pull that out of their imagination?2Chalupas

Not every town/city has one of these. I live in small-ish city, and while there used to be a couple of "mom and pop" stores, now there are zero.

Probably because there are a rediculous amount of gamestops and Best Buy's around here. Also there was one other small-ish chain that was bought out by Gamestop years ago (Rhino Video games).

From everything I've seen, mom and pop video game stores have disappeared just like video game arcades and independent record stores. It used to be that EVERY town had these, now... not so much. Most towns probably don't have any of them. 

That's too bad. We have them in abundance in my area. Always sad to see a big company shut down the mom and pops. They actually (usually) know their stuff and are gamers too.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nengo_Flow

this. There is a Gamestop every 3 miles over here in Florida.