MW2 now, or wait for Black Ops?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Takuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Takuzi
Member since 2009 • 251 Posts

^title. MW2 seems to be at a decent price now, but I'm wondering if I should wait for Black Ops instead...

Thoughts? Was MW2 worth the money?

Avatar image for forzafootball77
forzafootball77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 forzafootball77
Member since 2008 • 499 Posts

Wait for Black Ops

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

both.

or if you only want spefificly one then id wait for the reveiw of black ops and then choose for yourself

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
MW2 sucks dont get it
Wizgot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wizgot
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

I would wait for Black ops.

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
Wait for Black Ops.
LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

black ops

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
Black Ops. Looks like it could be the definitive COD game if you're only going to own one. Zombies, modern day with a story that should make sense being the cold war, new game modes, no secondary shotguns or commando/onemanarmy/stopping power.
MisterEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MisterEditor
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts
I'd say get MW2. Only if you're really into multiplayer though, the single player campaign is laughably short.
NatsumeKonno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 NatsumeKonno
Member since 2009 • 350 Posts

Mw2 would be great if they remove the kill streak. Im waiting for medal of honor well a review anyways. Might get Black Ops with it as well but not to sure yet have to wait for both reviews.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
wait for black ops..looks 100 x better then mw2
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Modern Warefare 2 gets old real quick. Wait for Black Ops.

Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nauron-
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

black ops, but only because there will be lots of similarities. If you want, get MW2 to play the SP, or practice before BO, or to add it to your collection :P

brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brown_flame
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts
get black ops, and get MoH, im getting both, why u ask, because cod doesnt have dedicated servers, so when i get pissed of ppl leaving in the middle of a game and basically ending the game, i will then move on to playing MoH :P, btw i love all systems , peace :D
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Wait for Black Ops. MW2 was a pile of poo and while I can't say for certain, Black Ops seems a lot more balanced and less BS. It turn out to be terrible as well but I don't think it well be nearly as bad as MW2.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Wait for Black Ops.RotaryRX7

this, its only like 2 months away, and this looks much better than MW2, so wait for Black Ops, it will be worth the wait

MrCoolGuy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MrCoolGuy420
Member since 2010 • 138 Posts

I would wait for black ops call of duty modern warfare 2 is a good game but has really bad servers,black ops on the other hang took everything that made modern warfare 2 great and made it 10 times better plus theres a rumor of a new zombies mode and the hardened edition comes with 4 co op maps from world at war if i was you i'd do the research first then make my decision.

bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

I would wait for black ops call of duty modern warfare 2 is a good game but has really bad servers,black ops on the other hang took everything that made modern warfare 2 great and made it 10 times better plus theres a rumor of a new zombies mode and the hardened edition comes with 4 co op maps from world at war if i was you i'd do the research first then make my decision.

MrCoolGuy420

took what was "great" from MW2? Lol I think you mean they took what was mediocre or bad from MW2 and made some improvements on it.

brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brown_flame

MrCoolGuy420
MW2 or Black ops dont have servers, we players host the games, hence , the reason every game ends prematurely either because of a player/host bad connection or either the hosts decides to randomly leave because he/she is getting pwnd or other reasons. that is why MoH is a great alternative in my honest opinion, it has dedicated servers. im styll gettin both :P, just sayin :D
Ryo57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ryo57
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts
Get MW2 now the story may be short but you will have a blast online I might not get Black Ops for a while because of World at War But yeah get MW2 now don't wait
Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nauron-
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

im surprised so many people are bashing MW2. whats up with that? It honestly is a solid game. the SP was good (notice is said good, not great) and I still play MP almost everyday with my friends. There's nothing that I can think of that deserves all the bashing. can someone (one of the haters :P) please elaborate?

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anime_gamer007

im surprised so many people are bashing MW2. whats up with that? It honestly is a solid game. the SP was good (notice is said good, not great) and I still play MP almost everyday with my friends. There's nothing that I can think of that deserves all the bashing. can someone (one of the haters :P) please elaborate?

Nauron-

Well, where should I begin?

If you played COD4 as much I have (many people have played way longer), you notice the flaws and exploits and how people take constant advantage of them. COD4 was great because while there was still annoying things like Martyrdom, Fragx3 and M16 users, there was almost always a way to avoid or counter such tactics. To an extent COD4 was a skill based game, not in how good your aim was but how you played and the tactics you employed at the right times.

Now jump to MW2, where you die even faster and the killstreaks help you more than anything else. Half the time the game it playing itself. For example, you get a 5 killstreak (not that hard) you call in your Predator Missile and BOOM! By a stroke of luck you got two kills, now you got your Harrier Strike. You call that in, it might get one or two with the initial strike, the jet that hovers gets around three kills(not far fetched at all), now your Chopper Gunner, this thing will probably kill you 10-15 kills easy(let's go in the middle and say you got 12 kills and an assist). So let's do the math, first 5 for your Predator, 2 from your Predator, 4 from your Harrier, 12 from your Chopper Gunner, that's a total of 26 kills, 5 of which you actually got with your gun. See the problem? Coupled with Commando users running around, One Man Army noob tubes, an unprecedented amount of campers and you got one of the most frustrating experiences available on consoles. The reason MW2 sucks is because a complete idiot can best one of the most experienced and smartest COD players with a simple class setup.

brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 brown_flame

[QUOTE="Nauron-"]

anime_gamer007

If you played COD4 as much I have (many people have played way longer), you notice the flaws and exploits and how people take constant advantage of them. COD4 was great because while there was still annoying things like Martyrdom, Fragx3 and M16 users, there was almost always a way to avoid or counter such tactics. To an extent COD4 was a skill based game, not in how good your aim was but how you played and the tactics you employed at the right times.

Now jump to MW2, where you die even faster and the killstreaks help you more than anything else. Half the time the game it playing itself. For example, you get a 5 killstreak (not that hard) you call in your Predator Missile and BOOM! By a stroke of luck you got two kills, now you got your Harrier Strike. You call that in, it might get one or two with the initial strike, the jet that hovers gets around three kills(not far fetched at all), now your Chopper Gunner, this thing will probably kill you 10-15 kills easy(let's go in the middle and say you got 12 kills and an assist). So let's do the math, first 5 for your Predator, 2 from your Predator, 4 from your Harrier, 12 from your Chopper Gunner, that's a total of 26 kills, 5 of which you actually got with your gun. See the problem? Coupled with Commando users running around, One Man Army noob tubes, an unprecedented amount of campers and you got one of the most frustrating experiences available on consoles. The reason MW2 sucks is because a complete idiot can best one of the most experienced and smartest COD players with a simple class setup.

i mite not agree with u 100% , with all due respect, other than that u nailed it pretty much on some keypoints, i styll play it tho, i feel like as if im in a complicated relationship with cod mw2, its really complicated , i hate it, but i keep going back to it for seconds :P

Ryo57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ryo57
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts
I love MW2 but I liked the story better in COD4MW than MW2's story but I liked Multiplayer in MW2 much better than COD4's multiplayer.
swguy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 swguy123
Member since 2010 • 401 Posts

Definitely wait for Black Ops.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Better yet just buy BFBC2 which is the better game by leaps and bounds.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

[QUOTE="Nauron-"]

brown_flame

i mite not agree with u 100% , with all due respect, other than that u nailed it pretty much on some keypoints, i styll play it tho, i feel like as if im in a complicated relationship with cod mw2, its really complicated , i hate it, but i keep going back to it for seconds :P

Dude, I know what you mean. I still played MW2 until June or so, even though I realized the game's flaws around December. It's like a drug, good and bad :P
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Buy MW2, don't bother with BO. Treyarch games are terrible.

brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 brown_flame
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="brown_flame"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"] Well, where should I begin?

Dude, I know what you mean. I still played MW2 until June or so, even though I realized the game's flaws around December. It's like a drug, good and bad :P

LOL right on, i need my fix every now and then as well, even tho after it i feel like a scrub :P
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Don't even bother with MW2.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

can one of the haters please elaborate

Nauron-
Its the worst glitched and hacked console game EVER!!! Hacks that mess with health and damage. Infinite what ever. Knife from across a map. Nukes in Care packages and MORE MORE MORE. Then atop that we get poor netcoding, bad level design, no balance, low resolution, latency out the wah-zoo. laughable campaign, overpriced DLC, etc. (I could write an essay on how bad MW2 is and back it up with video) And the final nail in the coffin and a big FU in my opinion. IW has no rapport with it's community and never implements community feedback like Bungie, Valve, Guerrilla Games, Dice, OR ANY REPUTABLE DEV. (plus former IW staff were very open about not wanting to produce MW2) If you think all this is acceptable your a casual with low standards. Its sad that theirs so many of you...
sky-619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 sky-619
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

thats what i hate about COD, it get old fast, 'coz they release it every year ~_~

what i am saying is if you are weathly go for it cos single player is very good but short.

for now you can get battle field: bad company 2, multiplayer and single player both are very good

brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brown_flame
[QUOTE="sky-619"]

thats what i hate about COD, it get old fast, 'coz they release it every year ~_~

what i am saying is if you are weathly go for it cos single player is very good but short.

for now you can get battle field: bad company 2, multiplayer and single player both are very good

dude bcbf2 was a decent game, my only issue was with the maps being uber huge, like i most of the time spent ages looking for someone to kill or be killed by :P
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
You might as well just wait for Black Ops.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts
well i got modern warfare 1 and then got 2 for free now gonna get black ops
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

^title. MW2 seems to be at a decent price now, but I'm wondering if I should wait for Black Ops instead...

Thoughts? Was MW2 worth the money?

Takuzi

Was there a price drop recently cause last time I checked a month ago everyone was still charging $59.99 for the game new? This game will help keep your skills sharp for Black Ops but this game has its issues. cheating and boosting still pretty rampant on that game. I would say 3/10 lobbies usually have boosters, and then 5/10 have grenade launcher freaks that use nothing but grenade launchers.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
wait for black ops
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Black Ops won't be much different, just wait for that.

TheBigBreesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheBigBreesy
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts
I would just wait for Black Ops.