Muslims Send appreciation letter to Sony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Choisi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Choisi
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

here's the news :

Muslims thanks sony and media molecule by sending them an appreciation letter ..

Dear Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule…

After the petition Muslims wrote to you about the offending song which contained some of the Holy Quran verses included in the lyrics in the game you developed and produced Little Big Planet™, you respectfully and immediately replied and reacted to those petitions .

We would like to thank you gratefully for this move, which shows and reflects the GREAT respect you have toward other religions .

Thank you Sony and thank you Media Molecule.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=littlebigplanet&thread.id=134632

btw i'm a Muslim myself and some of them saw it offending while others don't...

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
Wow, cool! Atleast someone respects sony! :P
Fists1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fists1
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts
good to see both parties playing nice, quite the opposite to what normally happens. Not entirely sure how it offended people though, guess it may be in the context.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
I'm a muslim as well, and I love it when people show respect. Thanks Sony(wow, didn't say that in a LONG time)
kono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kono11
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Oh good.

I'm also a muslim.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I am still mad that it got delayed but I will applaud sony on making this move and I will applaud the people who have shown respect for sony's actions towards the matter.
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts

I don't claim to understand the islamic ways but... i'm a christian, and off the top of my head i'm thinking of an example like Call of Juarez where the priest guy can read from the bible in the game with things like 'fire shall come down upon you from the flames of hell' etc.

But.. in no way do i find that offensive.. it's a game....

Just my 2 pennies.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
Wow, cool! Atleast someone respects sony! :P Knivez0r
Yeah. It's good that there's not really any bad feeling between anyone, apart from the fact that it's delayed.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

here's the news :

Muslims thanks sony and media molecule by sending them an appreciation letter ..

Dear Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule…

After the petition Muslims wrote to you about the offending song which contained some of the Holy Quran verses included in the lyrics in the game you developed and produced Little Big Planet™, you respectfully and immediately replied and reacted to those petitions .

We would like to thank you gratefully for this move, which shows and reflects the GREAT respect you have toward other religions .

Thank you Sony and thank you Media Molecule.

btw i'm a Muslim myself and i hated all this bs ,some of them saw it offending while others don't...

Choisi
It's not about respect,it's about convenience. How about that Cathedral level in R1?All bs
KoMaximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KoMaximo
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts
Although I think it's a great pity that such a nice game should be delayed, I am happy to see an appreciation letter, that 's actually really nice :-)
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonyMarksman70

I don't claim to understand the islamic ways but... i'm a christian, and off the top of my head i'm thinking of an example like Call of Juarez where the priest guy can read from the bible in the game with things like 'fire shall come down upon you from the flames of hell' etc.

But.. in no way do i find that offensive.. it's a game....

Just my 2 pennies.

GenTom
Nope dude you're right. Sony shouldn't have postponed it over this. Not that postponing it bothered me but their attentiveness to this 1 thing, just because it's an Islamic religion, & they don't want to be in bad terms. It's ***** BS
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Theres another way to show apprection *coughbuythegamecough*.
mohammadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mohammadan
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

i understand sony's response. guys dont forget the 1st Resistance "debate" .

btw i really want to listen to the soundtracks, if any one can provide some links, plz

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hhttppp
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts

Well thats cool. And don't hate cause hes Muslim guys. A lot of people are serious about their beliefs, no matter what the religion.

It makes me happy to see it was settled this way. Nowadays someone gets slightly offended and its usually a full blown law suit.

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

people who get offended by this are just stupid... i'm an atheist and by that way of thinking every game that had any reference to any for of divine being should be offensive to me...

i wonder why it's not...

oh i know now... because it's just a game

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SonyMarksman70

people who get offended by this are just stupid... i'm an atheist and by that way of thinking every game that had any reference to any for of divine being should be offensive to me...

i wonder why it's not...

ginraisama
That's why Sony fails since they listened to this one guy in particular. It's a joke. If more of this kept happening, gaming would be limited & restricted to the pits. Eventually, people will start paying attention to Jack Thompson, Barack Obama, & Hilary Clinton when it relates video games. It's an annoying act of Sony to tell you the truth.
ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ginraisama

i agree... this is taking a piss on free speach

since when did 1 religion get so much previlege that it's even taboo to mention it or call it as it is?

this b$ needs to stop... how much longer must we tolerate to be censored in the west to even mention or play with this particular religion while we can say whatever we want about all others? isn't this supposed to be the free world?

people confuse respect for other people with submission and sony just lost some of mine with this move

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hhttppp

i wonder why it's not...

ginraisama

Thats fine as its your opinion and there is no right answer to all this. His views differ from yours and thats just how it is.

I have spent a lot of time around Muslims and I can easily say they take their religion more seriously most, so this doesnt surprise me at all. Muslims live there religion in every aspect of there lives and have an amazing amount respect for Islam. They wont touch the Quran without washing their hands and they wont place other objects on top of it. If there is a movie made about islam, they wont have actors to depict the prophets, but instead act as if the prophet is off screen because they find it disrespectful to have any man imitate a prophet of god even if it is for entertainment.

So of course having verses from the Quran put over instrumentals in a video game is offensive to them. You dont have to agree with his views, but you should at least respect them.

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hhttppp

i agree... this is taking a piss on free speach

since when did 1 religion get so much previlege that it's even taboo to mention it or call it as it is?

this b$ needs to stop... how much longer must we tolerate to be censored in the west to even mention or play with this particular religion while we can say whatever we want about all others? isn't this supposed to be the free world?

people confuse respect for other people with submission and sony just lost some of mine with this move

ginraisama

Errm... If it was just Islam then I could agree with you. America is like this with every religion, race, gender, sexual orientation etc... Everything strives to be politically correct now. Though I think you should actually open your eyes sometime, because Islam is openly bashed on public tv all the time even though we live in a country striving to be politically correct.

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ginraisama
[QUOTE="ginraisama"]

i wonder why it's not...

hhttppp

Thats fine as its your opinion and there is no right answer to all this. His views differ from yours and thats just how it is.

I have spent a lot of time around Muslims and I can easily say they take their religion more seriously most, so this doesnt surprise me at all. Muslims live there religion in every aspect of there lives and have an amazing amount respect for Islam. They wont touch the Quran without washing their hands and they wont place other objects on top of it. If there is a movie made about islam, they wont have actors to depict the prophets, but instead act as if the prophet is off screen because they find it disrespectful to have any man imitate a prophet of god even if it is for entertainment.

So of course having verses from the Quran put over instrumentals in a video game is offensive to them. You dont have to agree with his views, but you should at least respect them.

don't confuse respect for submission... since when are the islamic values our values?

if they don't like it, don't buy the game... but i'm offended by them telling us how to live our lives or how to make our games... freedom is not a right, it's a previlege that our ancestors fought and died so we could enjoy it. how dare anyone tell us what we can or can not talk about?

the ammount of respect they give their religion doesn't imply i or anyone else should respect it. i respect people, ideas are always... ALWAYS... debatable

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SonyMarksman70
@hhttppp That's not the point of this argument, it's the simple fact that Sony's attentiveness to this one religion was so strong they had to remove it from the game. Sure we understand why he pleads with that argument, but the fact that Sony paid attention this one time in particular is incomprehensible. The media has a ton that will offend someone no matter what. How about the R1 level in the cathedral? It's just a bs move by Sony & there is no argument, it just makes no sense.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Why should 1 set of words be more holy than the next.. i think its utterly stupid for them to delay the game because some wacky people who don't even know their own religions teaching think that no one can speak the words from their "holy" book.. books aren't holy! they're just ink and paper.. nothing more, nothing less...

Not being able to speak the words that a religion is based on obviously must mean there is something wrong with your religion.. nobody elses religion gets this "respect," so why are they so special? they're just another one of the thousands of religions out there.. and there is no reason why the game should've been delayed...

this is ridiculous... as is the Muslim ideology that you can't quote the qur'an (no capitals because its just a word.. its not holy.. its just another word.)

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hhttppp
[QUOTE="hhttppp"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]

i wonder why it's not...

ginraisama

don't confuse respect for submission... since when are the islamic values our values?

if they don't like it, don't buy the game... but i'm offended by them telling us how to live our lives or how to make our games... freedom is not a right, it's a previlege that our ancestors fought and died so we could enjoy it. how dare anyone tell us what we can or can not talk about?

the ammount of respect they give their religion doesn't imply i or anyone else should respect it. i respect people, ideas are always... ALWAYS... debatable

You speak as if that freedom is only for a certain group. Muslims in the US fall under that same freedom. If they feel offended by something they have the right to speak out. In this case a Muslim did and Sony is doing what they feel is the right thing to do.

By your logic I should be able to go into work and tell all the women I think they're sexy and they have nice racks. Thats freedom isnt it? But if it offends them then they have the right to act against it. Calling a gay dude a flamer, or a black dude an N word would be freedom correct? Well what if they find it offensive? This Muslim guy spoke out against something he found offensive and thats freedom.

Freedom doesnt simply apply to you, or a specific group you are a part of. What you think is freedom happens to be the furthest thing from it.

samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 samourai_v87
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
Hey, I'm a muslim and I have to agree with the letter. Let one developer go away with it, the rest will follow and go further no matter how small the issue was. Put limits, and everybody is happy. You need to understand we take our religion seriously whether you like it or not. Respect us to respect you. Some people say it's just a game but the fact that it was featured in a game is even worse. Thank you Sony.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="ginraisama"][QUOTE="hhttppp"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]

i wonder why it's not...

hhttppp

You speak as if that freedom is only for a certain group. Muslims in the US fall under that same freedom. If they feel offended by something they have the right to speak out. In this case a Muslim did and Sony is doing what they feel is the right thing to do.

By your logic I should be able to go into work and tell all the women I think they're sexy and they have nice racks. Thats freedom isnt it? But if it offends them then they have the right to act against it. Calling a gay dude a flamer, or a black dude an N word would be freedom correct? Well what if they find it offensive? This Muslim guy spoke out against something he found offensive and thats freedom.

Freedom doesnt simply apply to you, or a specific group you are a part of. What you think is freedom happens to be the furthest thing from it.

yeah they have the right to speak out.. jsut like the person who wrote the song had all the rights in the world to speak whatever the hell he wanted.. and the flawed Muslim ideas are only being upheld in this instance so it doesn't come back to bite them in ass later... i hope to one day live in a world with this mindless censorship or things that do no harm to anyone with there head on there shoulders and not stuck in some other century.
hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hhttppp

@Sonymarksman

I understand what you are saying, but its Sonys choice and they opted for it. Nothing we can do about that.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 americahellyeah
Hey, I'm a muslim and I have to agree with the letter. Let one developer go away with it, the rest will follow and go further no matter how small the issue was. Put limits, and everybody is happy. You need to understand we take our religion seriously whether you like it or not. Respect us to respect you. Some people say it's just a game but the fact that it was featured in a game is even worse. Thank you.samourai_v87
what respect!? what does repsect have to do with any of this!? how is not quoting the qur'an do anything for the muslim people or its religion!?
samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 samourai_v87
[QUOTE="hhttppp"][QUOTE="ginraisama"][QUOTE="hhttppp"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]

i wonder why it's not...

americahellyeah

yeah they have the right to speak out.. jsut like the person who wrote the song had all the rights in the world to speak whatever the hell he wanted.. and the flawed Muslim ideas are only being upheld in this instance so it doesn't come back to bite them in ass later... i hope to one day live in a world with this mindless censorship or things that do no harm to anyone with there head on there shoulders and not stuck in some other century.

We're passing our beliefs and culture from one generation to another.

mohammadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mohammadan
[QUOTE="ginraisama"][QUOTE="hhttppp"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]

i wonder why it's not...

hhttppp

i agree. every thing should have limits, even freedom.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 americahellyeah

mohammadan

if it has limits then its no longer freedom..

samourai_v87
yes.. your fabricated beliefs from thousands of years ago that make little to no sense.. that great :roll:
hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hhttppp

Well this topic is officially starting to show signs of underlying hate, ignorance, and misconceptions of freedom. Of course this is how religious and political discussions go down on a gaming message board especially when most of the users are youngsters and haven't experienced other cultures, or had the chance to see the world from other points of view besides the Fox news bubble aka U.S.A

So on that note I'm out. Have fun flaming with nonsense until this gets locked.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SonyMarksman70
Hey, I'm a muslim and I have to agree with the letter. Let one developer go away with it, the rest will follow and go further no matter how small the issue was. Put limits, and everybody is happy. You need to understand we take our religion seriously whether you like it or not. Respect us to respect you. Some people say it's just a game but the fact that it was featured in a game is even worse. Thank you.samourai_v87
How many times has Christisanity been misused in gaming? We are not a socialist country here. If that's the way you think, we shouldn't have any type of media offenses portrayed in ANY way. Just because it's your religion doesn't do justice that paid attention for this first time to this one guy. It's satire, & is in legitimate intentions. You misinterprete what's fact in the media for your own pleasing & agreeability. I speak the truth, no more, no less, everyone religion should be treated as such in today's modern society....
samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 samourai_v87

[QUOTE="samourai_v87"]Hey, I'm a muslim and I have to agree with the letter. Let one developer go away with it, the rest will follow and go further no matter how small the issue was. Put limits, and everybody is happy. You need to understand we take our religion seriously whether you like it or not. Respect us to respect you. Some people say it's just a game but the fact that it was featured in a game is even worse. Thank you.americahellyeah
what respect!? what does repsect have to do with any of this!? how is not quoting the qur'an do anything for the muslim people or its religion!?

I'm not going to argue with you since you think that the Holy Koran is much like any other book written with ink on a paper. It's more than that.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SonyMarksman70
(continuation).....If that's the way you think, otherwise it's Socialism. whether we are right or we are wrong, we are free to not be manipulated by the Muslim logic against our greater good.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="samourai_v87"]Hey, I'm a muslim and I have to agree with the letter. Let one developer go away with it, the rest will follow and go further no matter how small the issue was. Put limits, and everybody is happy. You need to understand we take our religion seriously whether you like it or not. Respect us to respect you. Some people say it's just a game but the fact that it was featured in a game is even worse. Thank you.samourai_v87

I'm not going to argue with you since you think that the Holy Koran is much like any other book written with ink on a paper. It's more than that.

no its not! you know how i know that? because its a book.. written with ink.. on paper.. just like every other freakin book on the face of the earth... what makes it holy? oh.. thats right.. nothign.. because its just a book.. so if i right the teaching of the koran down on a sandwhich does that make the sandwhich holy?
superveka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 superveka
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts
Freedom is double edge sword
samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 samourai_v87

Well this topic is officially starting to show signs of underlying hate, ignorance, and misconceptions of freedom. Of course this is how religious and political discussions go down on a gaming message board especially when most of the users are youngsters and haven't experienced other cultures, or had the chance to see the world from other points of view besides the Fox news bubble aka U.S.A

hhttppp

That's the problem with the americans. They think they're the best and that they're always right. Channels like FOX news that keep feeding them with wrong propagandas is one of the main issues, control of informations.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="hhttppp"]

samourai_v87

That's the problem with the americans. They think they're the best and that they're always right. Channels like FOX news that keep feeding them with wrong propagandas is one of the main issues, control of informations.

Guess what.. i'm not american.. nor am I a christian or atheist.. FoX news is always wrong.. thats why its so hilarious... maybe muslims should just get over that fact that maybe there are people out there who understand that an object can't be holy, neither can words...
samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 samourai_v87

Freedom is double edge sword superveka

There is no such thing as freedom. Freedom = wars. Look around you, Iraq, Palestine, Africa, etc... what freedom are we talking about? The US government way of conducting freedom?? I guess so.

samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 samourai_v87
[QUOTE="samourai_v87"][QUOTE="hhttppp"]

americahellyeah

Guess what.. i'm not american.. nor am I a christian or atheist.. FoX news is always wrong.. thats why its so hilarious... maybe muslims should just get over that fact that maybe there are people out there who understand that an object can't be holy, neither can words...

Never said you were an american. But things aren't that simple. You're no christian and not an atheist? you're a jew?

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SonyMarksman70

[QUOTE="superveka"]Freedom is double edge sword samourai_v87

There is no such thing as freedom. Freedom = wars. Look around you, Iraq, Palestine, Africa, etc... what freedom are we talking about? The US government way of conducting freedom?? I guess so.

Wars= the Qu'ran right ;) How many mentions over beheading are mentioned in your bible? Hypocritical much? ;)
mohammadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mohammadan
[QUOTE="mohammadan"]

americahellyeah

samourai_v87

yes.. your fabricated beliefs from thousands of years ago that make little to no sense.. that great :roll:

u know what, guys ? LBP is delayed & will be released thats for sure. every one will play that masterpiece, & we all will forget about this unfinished debate. so lets stop it right now. im sorry if i insulted any one.

NoneSuchL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NoneSuchL
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

Here's my problem - It's fine to respect religion but when respect isn't equal it's unfair.

I honestly believe everyone should be able to believe in what they want to - That's fine, but once you start shoving it in the face of others it becomes a problem. Why couldn't sony just say they're going to release a patch which allows you to disable that song? So people with a certain religion have the option to not listen to it.

Wouldn't that be fulfilling the same thing but allowing others to enjoy the game and all of it's content? We don't have the same beliefs, the same respect for that text as you do - so why should we have our games censored?

The thing is alot of us feel screwed over because of it - I don't exactly care if it's offensive to a group myself, I mean we could ban virtually everything if we thought like that. I'm all for sony making it so people have the option to turn it off, or heck you don't even have to buy it in the first place but I just feel as if they're letting religious extremists win as we know the type of reaction which stuff which offends muslims can cause.

I.e Danish comic strips.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="mohammadan"]

mohammadan

samourai_v87

u know what, guys ? LBP is delayed & will be released thats for sure. every one will play that masterpiece, & we all will forget about this unfinished debate. so lets stop it right now. im sorry if i insulted any one.

Sony screwed up, people have been cancelling their pre-orders over this controversy. It's a stupidity, to even make such a big deal out of this when there a million other offenses in the media. Sony's move yesterday was incomprehensible.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 americahellyeah

Here's my problem - It's fine to respect religion but when respect isn't equal it's unfair.

I honestly believe everyone should be able to believe in what they want to - That's fine, but once you start shoving it in the face of others it becomes a problem. Why couldn't sony just say they're going to release a patch which allows you to disable that song? So people with a certain religion have the option to not listen to it.

Wouldn't that be fulfilling the same thing but allowing others to enjoy the game and all of it's content? We don't have the same beliefs, the same respect for that text as you do - so why should we have our games censored?

The thing is alot of us feel screwed over because of it - I don't exactly care if it's offensive to a group myself, I mean we could ban virtually everything if we thought like that. I'm all for sony making it so people have the option to turn it off, or heck you don't even have to buy it in the first place but I just feel as if they're letting religious extremists win as we know the type of reaction which stuff which offends muslims can cause.

I.e Danish comic strips.

NoneSuchL

Or better yet.. those people in that particular religion just wake up and realize that in no way does it do anybody any harm to hear words.. because A. they aren't holy words from a holy book.. and B. they are only words from just another book...

" they're letting religious extremists win as we know the type of reaction which stuff which offends muslims can cause."

couldn't agree more... if Muslims won't even recognize Israel as a nation or people why should the rest of the world have to put up with this nonsense?

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hhttppp
[QUOTE="samourai_v87"][QUOTE="hhttppp"]

americahellyeah

Damn it. I really need to quit posting in this topic. Anyways..

I am American. Im not religious. But unlike you I understand the difference between my opinions and facts and I can respect others beliefs. You dont find the Quran holy? Fine. The other guy does? Fine. You thinking it isnt is no more valid than him thinking it is. And you say Muslims should get over it? What about every other religion out there with a holy book? Dont be so damn closed minded.

As for your other comment about freedom with limits is not freedom. Freedom is not a real thing. Freedom with no limits would eventually result in mass violence. There has to be checks and balances because without them I could just go kill a man with no reprocussions. With freedom to do whatever, the strong would use force to take from the weak and you would have chaos up until a dictatorship forms.

No matter what you want to think though, America is a very limited freedom. I would love to be able to walk down the street smoke a joint, or hell even allowed to do so in the privacy of my own home. Im not even free enough to do that. As the other poster said there has to be a limit. Even though that limit keeps me from doing something I enjoy, I still acknowledge it.

You should really quit acting like Islam recieves special treatment though. As I said before, all religions, races, gender, and sexual orientations are under the spot light of political correctness yet anti Islamic views are the new propaganda of the US and its disgusting how the media puts such a negative spin on such a peaceful religion. At one point it was the Japanese then the Russians, now the Muslims and people never learn from the past. Propaganda will alwas win over the mindless masses.

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hhttppp
[QUOTE="samourai_v87"]

[QUOTE="superveka"]Freedom is double edge sword SonyMarksman70

Wars= the Qu'ran right ;) How many mentions over beheading are mentioned in your bible? Hypocritical much? ;)

You do realize the Bible, Tora and the Quran all follow nearly identical teachings dont you? The Bible builds upon the Tora and the Quran builds upon the Bible.

Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts
[QUOTE="samourai_v87"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="samourai_v87"]Hey, I'm a muslim and I have to agree with the letter. Let one developer go away with it, the rest will follow and go further no matter how small the issue was. Put limits, and everybody is happy. You need to understand we take our religion seriously whether you like it or not. Respect us to respect you. Some people say it's just a game but the fact that it was featured in a game is even worse. Thank you.americahellyeah

no its not! you know how i know that? because its a book.. written with ink.. on paper.. just like every other freakin book on the face of the earth... what makes it holy? oh.. thats right.. nothign.. because its just a book.. so if i right the teaching of the koran down on a sandwhich does that make the sandwhich holy?

dude i dont think u realy understand -.- that the term Holy Kur'an does not refer to the book itself as holy, but since muslims believe that the sayings within the book are the word of god... we believe that what is written in the book itself is holy...and what i might add is that it is holy to muslims.... but i do understand what most of you are saying about islam getting alot of attention... but look at todays world... how could it not... i know most of you say tht how come no one gives like the use of christianity symbols in games any trouble... well thats the reason... in todays global situation... islam is mainly under scrutiny... so these kind of instances are blown way out of proportion...

im a muslim myself...sort of... im a muslim by birth... meaning my parents are muslims... my grand parents are christian tho... but they actually have alot of the same views... and the bible and the kur'an are very alike apart from a few differences...

anyways im not gonna read this thread anymore... i see alot of people tht dont really understand fully what they are talking about so yah lol peace...oh and i would have bought tht game with or without the islamic lyrics... i personally dont mind the use of words from the kuran in the song... singers us it all the time... for example Kanye West mentioned a word and idk wat other artist but its been done b4... i dont see the deal...haha any ways bye!

NoneSuchL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NoneSuchL
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

I think we need to stop trying to blame muslims for the delay - This is sonys fault for not doing their research and then giving in due to demand and the possible outcomes.

This is not a religous or muslim problem but more along the lines of political correct censorship.