Music on the PSPgo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaspap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaspap
Member since 2005 • 1504 Posts

Just wondering how the music playback is on the PSPgo. DOes it sound pretty good, how is the ui?

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Just wondering how the music playback is on the PSPgo. DOes it sound pretty good, how is the ui?

jaspap
If its anything like my PSP 1000, it sounds great and UI is fine. You can sort by whatever u want and even make custom folders. There is music EQ presets too
jaspap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaspap

Sweet, thanks man, how would you compare it to the Ipod in sound quality? Maybe I am just weird, but Ipod's dont seem to have very good sound, actually I have read many reviews stating this, but can't find much on the PSPgo sound. Thanks.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I think its just as good as any other MP3 player. I use the A2DP bluetooth on my go and it sounds just as good as wired headphones. Ive never heard ipod sound quality so i dont have a basis of comparison

poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
I use the PSPgo for listening to music, but the interface is not ideal. Selecting songs requires you to snap open the PSP and navigate using the d-pad and face buttons. This is a two-handed operation, while most mp3 players can be manipulated with one. The bumpers can move you backwards and forwards in the playlist, but they are overly sensitive - the slightest touch and you'll find yourself unintentionally skipping a track. This issue can be solved using the "hold" function, but I have found that switch to be inconvenient, because it is the same switch for power. Bringing the PSP out of hold must be done carefully or else one may accidentally shut down the system. On the positive side, the PSPgo is compatible with AAC and MP3, and the speakers are loud enough that one can hear music fairly clearly if the PSP is in one's pocket while walking around the house. Bass is not the PSPs strong suit, but it rarely is in devices so small. The PSP also directly downloads podcasts, saving you the trouble of connecting to the PC and manually updating - a big plus for me. In short, the PSPgo is a gaming system capable of functioning as an MP3 player. If you are willing to put up with a UI designed for gaming over music, you will have a satisfactory experience with the PSPgo. Hope this was helpful.
jaspap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaspap

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

PSNIDCiocio313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PSNIDCiocio313
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

I use the PSPgo for listening to music, but the interface is not ideal. Selecting songs requires you to snap open the PSP and navigate using the d-pad and face buttons. This is a two-handed operation, while most mp3 players can be manipulated with one. poetsoul

actually theres a button on the psp headphones that you can press to skip over songs

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"] If its anything like my PSP 1000, it sounds great and UI is fine. You can sort by whatever u want and even make custom folders. There is music EQ presets too

What? You can't sort, can you? If so, how? I know you can make folders, but I don't see how you can sort it in any order except flename.