Most ridiculous trophy you have ever seen...

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tubatica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tubatica
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

Mine is from EA Sports Active 2. There are 3 bronze trophies for doing 3 different activities for 1000 km each (621 miles). I think you have to run, bike, and mountain board this distance for the 3 trophies. This is almost 1900 miles, or just shy of 2/3 the distance from New York to LA! What's the most riduculous trophy you have seen?

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Wow that is very odd.
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
That is absolutely ridiculous. :|
SirDigby84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SirDigby84
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts
The gold standard trophy in GT5 i think it's called, where you have to complete every single event on gold. I think they assume that every serious person about that game will use a wheel because the thought of doing that with a DS3 is just......
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Well, for me it'd be "My Kung Fu is Stronger" in Mortal Kombat. It requires mastery of every character in the game and to get mastery you have to pull off a bunch of X-rays, fatalities but real kicker is that you need to put 24 hours into that character......for EVERY character in the game and there's 28 characters in the game, that's 672 hours into the game if only go up 24 hours per character and no more. It's ridiculous.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
I don't even know, I've seen tons of impossible trophies.
Tubatica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tubatica
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts
Well, for me it'd be "My Kung Fu is Stronger" in Mortal Kombat. It requires mastery of every character in the game and to get mastery you have to pull off a bunch of X-rays, fatalities but real kicker is that you need to put 24 hours into that character......for EVERY character in the game and there's 28 characters in the game, that's 672 hours into the game if only go up 24 hours per character and no more. It's ridiculous.anime_gamer007
Wow I hate stuff like that. I'm all for making trophies tough to obtain and actually requiring skill, but requiring hundreds upon hundreds of hours is stupid to me. I'm not a trophy whore necessarily, but it's frustrating when one like this keeps you from getting a plat.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

the trophies you get for doing the 24 hour races in gt5. basically you have to race for 24 hours straight in a spec ....or you could pause it and sleep and let your ps3 stay running for days on end while you do it, which is no biggy if you don't mind buying a new ps3

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
theres one in DAII thats most ridiculously easy one ive ever seen. you get it for pressing the shoulder button in the map screen to see night map. one button. seriously.
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts

the trophies you get for doing the 24 hour races in gt5. basically you have to race for 24 hours straight in a spec ....or you could pause it and sleep and let your ps3 stay running for days on end while you do it, which is no biggy if you don't mind buying a new ps3

z4twenny
This. Guaranteed ylod.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
Could someone tell me any game for easy trophies? I want a platinum lol.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

theres one in DAII thats most ridiculously easy one ive ever seen. you get it for pressing the shoulder button in the map screen to see night map. one button. seriously.LoG-Sacrament

Hahaha yeah I remember that. DA II trophies are too damn easy.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Well, for me it'd be "My Kung Fu is Stronger" in Mortal Kombat. It requires mastery of every character in the game and to get mastery you have to pull off a bunch of X-rays, fatalities but real kicker is that you need to put 24 hours into that character......for EVERY character in the game and there's 28 characters in the game, that's 672 hours into the game if only go up 24 hours per character and no more. It's ridiculous.anime_gamer007
Wow that is terrible. Most hours I have ever put into one game was BF2 600 hours.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
This! I used every curse word I knew when I saw this was one of the trophies.
DavidianMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DavidianMH
Member since 2011 • 1458 Posts
24 hours for EACH character? That really is ridiculous. I can't imagine what masochist put that in the game :lol:
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i hate trophies that make u go online and form a group and make them join a session with u in order to get a trophy. i hate the fact that some online games u HAVE to be number one or something for that month on online games for u to get a trophy. i mean trophies should be single player only first of all. 2nd, they shouldnt have an ridiculous things for u to do, some of u say like gt5 for example, no one really wants to stay up all 24hrs to play so u get a trophy. honestly i actually did it lol, but i paused every 5hrs and took a long break. anyways thats why i dont care too much about them but i do go after them once i beat the game 100% my way without worrying about trophies
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Ok, like someone here previously stated:

Mortal Kombat:

- My Kung Fu is Stronger: you have to use every character for 24 hours and other stuff (wins, fatalities, etc... but lets be honest, nothing of that matters since in those 24 hours you can do it), this is a horrible made trophy. All the stuff other than the time needed with each character is fine.

Gran Turismo 5:

- Golden Standard: yeah... only this, since it includes each and every race in the entire game, 24 hour races?, check, vettel challenge?, check, licences?, check. This one, unlike "My Kung Fu is Stronger" has some logic behind it... but it doesnt make it any less of inhuman.

There are other that are not difficult, but are incredibly annoying or badly designed... like:

Final Fantasy 13:

- Treasure Hunter: its annoying, just a plain grindfest. 40 hours of killing the same enemy over and over to farm items to sell and then mod the other items.

Resonance of Fate:

- Stardust Hunter: really?, star in each arena battle? ...thats 500 battles... this is incredibly boring.

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Marmotas

1- i hate trophies that make u go online and form a group and make them join a session with u in order to get a trophy.

2 - i hate the fact that some online games u HAVE to be number one or something for that month on online games for u to get a trophy. i mean trophies should be single player only first of all.

2nd, they shouldnt have an ridiculous things for u to do, some of u say like gt5 for example, no one really wants to stay up all 24hrs to play so u get a trophy. honestly i actually did it lol, but i paused every 5hrs and took a long break. anyways thats why i dont care too much about them but i do go after them once i beat the game 100% my way without worrying about trophiesJoKeR_421

1- Agreed, Wipeout HD comes to mind, to get the "Bling Brigade" trophy you need 8 people online, that have already finished the game and have the alternate chrome skin and to finish a race like that. We did it after much planning and suffering finding the players.

2- Yes, Killzone 2 comes to mind, being at the 1% at the end of the week.

grantsrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 grantsrosen
Member since 2008 • 408 Posts

This isn't a trophy, its an achievement, but same concept.

Gears of War 2's "Seriously 2.0" required you to get 100,000 kills. Granted it was spread across Campaign, co-op, and Multiplayer, but still...

I've been playing the game for quite a while and I have like 7,000 kills.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Could someone tell me any game for easy trophies? I want a platinum lol. H_M_1
Burnout Paradise. You get trophies for breathing, sleeping and wiping your ass (not really but thats how easy it is to get them).
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#21 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore Mode . I mean you only get 3 saves and its about a 12 hour game. I mean I only play on games for about 1 and half hours before coming off them.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

Beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore Mode . I mean you only get 3 saves and its about a 12 hour game. I mean I only play on games for about 1 and half hours before coming off them.

chocolate1325

Yeah, about that. I BEAT it. You know what sucks? I can't prove it. I Platted the game during the outage (that was my last needed trophy), but I didn't sync when it went back up. I had only 2 trophies left on DS1 and figured I'd get the Platinum then sync my trophies and be like, "BAM! Double Platinum!"

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the harddrive in my PS3 corrupted (250GB Slim model). This is my replacement PS3 that I've had for about a year since my first PS3 got the YLOD (80GB BC Fatty).

So on top of not having that last trophy, I don't even have my original GAME SAVE (never backed it up). :cry:

In a last ditch effort to retrieve my saves, I'm gonna hook up my old HDD to a buddy's PC and see if I can fix the corrupted sectors well enough that the drive will boot back up without needing to be wiped first. Crossing my fingers hoping it works. :?

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

Unreal Tournament 3: Get a Life: Get 200 kills online on 50 different days. 200 kills a day for 50 days is just stupid.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I liked the 1% trophy in Killzone 2. It doesn't force you to put dozens and dozens of hours over a large time period into the game like those asinine "achieve Rank 50" or "kill 10,000 players" trophies. Unreal Tournament 3 mentioned above sounds horrible. This one's an achievement but GRAW requires you to be ranked no. 1 on the world leaderboard. Redonkalous.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

[QUOTE="z4twenny"]

Weenski

This. Guaranteed ylod.

I left my old 60GB fatty on for like 3 weeks straight. This was around the time I got it, and it lasted for like 2 or 3 years before I decided to 'upgrade' to the slim.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Oh and on topic, GT5 Gold standard. I can't imagine getting a gold trophy on every single event in the game. I mean I usually get first on races, but license tests and the special events are a different story.

Also Unreal Tournament 3 had lots of stupid trophies.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Even though I know a few people who have it, overall I'd say Warhawks platinum trophy.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

This ^

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

The "Dastardly" Trophy in Red Dead redemption, where you hog tie a woman and place them on the train tracks.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Get gold in every GT5 event.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#31 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Just about every major online trophy in Far Cry 2. "Soldier of Misfortune": Unlock all field manuels and bandoilers for every weapon. It basically means 50 executions, 100 kills, and 50 headshots with every weapon in the game (I think there's 27 online.) "Warlord" where you need to get 1,500,000 XP and reach Rank 30. It doesn't sound that bad but you only get 10 XP a kill and 15 XP for every revive. And then there's "Field Hospital." Get 500 revives. I play all the time and I've only gotten ten revives.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
10 000 ranked kills. R2. Yeaaaa... NO.
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I think for me it was in the latest (but only 2nd) game I platinum'd, which is Resonance of Fate. Here, your characters had to be in critical condition (ie: almost dying) and then KILL one of your own characters with a grenade or other explosion to get a GAME OVER. This was the last trophy I obtained in that game to get the platinum, just b/c it was just such a weird situation to be in. I think it was called "An unfortunate Accident" trophy

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
The GT5 gold standard trophy is easily one of the most ridiculous trophies that I've ever seen. Most of Star Ocean 4's trophies are pretty awful, too (especially the Ultimate Battler trophy, which requires each of your party members to complete their respective in-game battle trophy list within a single game cycle).
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Marmotas

I think for me it was in the latest (but only 2nd) game I platinum'd, which is Resonance of Fate. Here, your characters had to be in critical condition (ie: almost dying) and then KILL one of your own characters with a grenade or other explosion to get a GAME OVER. This was the last trophy I obtained in that game to get the platinum, just b/c it was just such a weird situation to be in. I think it was called "An unfortunate Accident" trophy

glitch2424

I had to start the game again to get it, by the time i wanted to clean the rest of the trophies on my main game i was so high leveled that it was never going to happen. (i normally focus on the harder trophies and then just "clean" the rest when those are done)

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
GT5: Gold Standard It could be easier of Polyphony Digital put an option to put a save-state system on Endurance races :/
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#39 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Die 7 times in GOW and get offered easy Mode. Thats so easy just fall down a hole 7 times and you've got it.

spy2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 spy2828
Member since 2008 • 656 Posts

Easy question!

NBA JAM : finish campaign 6 times (=42 hours)

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Could someone tell me any game for easy trophies? I want a platinum lol. H_M_1

Infamous - took me 30-35 hours

Mass Effect 2 - took me 90 hours to PLAT

Uncharted 2 - took me 40 hours

Dead Space

Borderlands - took me only 2 playthroughs about 60 hours

AC 2 - This one is really easy this game is a trophy giveaway

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Of all the trophies i have at the moment the ones associated with Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot were far and away the worst ones even though they were not the hardest or the most time consuming.

They were just ZERO fun at all. In fact, they were less fun than sitting there doing nothing. Wave after wave of the same **** for like 3 hours with no checkpoints and no way to save your game.

Did i mention that every single one of those waves were the most un-fun thing ever to be put in a videogame? Yeah.

fredbedfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fredbedfred
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
The mirror ball trophy.
fredbedfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fredbedfred
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
That one game with the frog.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

dead rising 2 : kill 72.000 zombies. That´s just mad

Avatar image for CarefulSheKills
CarefulSheKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CarefulSheKills
Member since 2010 • 147 Posts

Trophies that are time consuming rather than skill based (get 10,000 online kills vs. get 15 kills in a row) are ridiculous..I got the 10000kill trophy in Resistance 2 but didn't feel much sense of accomplishment..

Kingfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kingfighter77
Member since 2009 • 306 Posts

How about the "Heroic Survivor" gold trophy in KZ2.You gotta finish the campaign on elite difficulty.I got partially through the 2nd level i think and gave up.At that point i had died atleast 50 times.I know some people have done it though,props to them.

Mafia 2 DLC Jimmy's Vendetta trophy "Millionaire".You gotta earn 1M points.I've completed all the missions and i'm at like 450,000.Anyone gotten this?

Agree with everyone on the GT5 "Gold Standard" Trophy

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
The General gold trophy in Warhawk is probably one of the worst I've seen..you've gotta be looking at 4 figures (in hours!) on average to get that.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

The General gold trophy in Warhawk is probably one of the worst I've seen..you've gotta be looking at 4 figures (in hours!) on average to get that.DanC1989
Very true

Just to put it into perspective. These are my stats after close to 1000 hours of playtime. Too bad I don't play anymore, but I really wasn't even close to making it to general.

Total Points 175570Team Points 68370Combat Points 61737Bonus Points 49355Kills 55922Deaths 15672Kill-Death Ratio 3.57Global Accuracy 26.40%Wins 1330Losses 1482Win-Loss Ratio 0.90Score Per Minute 3.12Deathmatch Score 343Team Deathmatch Score 5521Capture the Flag Score 161500Zones Score 4994Hero Score 283Collection Score 2929Global Time 938:22:36Miles Walked 2,240.79Miles Driven 1,127.17Miles Flown135,887.97

Shawtymann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 Shawtymann
Member since 2006 • 2561 Posts

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

Ryan_Som

Yeah, about that. I BEAT it. You know what sucks? I can't prove it. I Platted the game during the outage (that was my last needed trophy), but I didn't sync when it went back up. I had only 2 trophies left on DS1 and figured I'd get the Platinum then sync my trophies and be like, "BAM! Double Platinum!"

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the harddrive in my PS3 corrupted (250GB Slim model). This is my replacement PS3 that I've had for about a year since my first PS3 got the YLOD (80GB BC Fatty).

So on top of not having that last trophy, I don't even have my original GAME SAVE (never backed it up). :cry:

In a last ditch effort to retrieve my saves, I'm gonna hook up my old HDD to a buddy's PC and see if I can fix the corrupted sectors well enough that the drive will boot back up without needing to be wiped first. Crossing my fingers hoping it works. :?

thats weird. My 250gb model's hard drive stopped working during the outage as well. I had to reformat it so I lost all of the trophies I obtained while PSN was down