Most disappointing game ever ?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CR2OKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CR2OKS
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, I wanna hear about the most most disappointing game you have ever played. I think mine was Killzone 2. I had looked hundreds of videos of previews and when I finally got the game... I played around 10minutes and put it back in the box...
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Yeah, cause 10 minutes is enough time to get acclimated to a games control scheme and get hooked by the story... Anyways, I guess on the PS3 that would have to be Lair. Before I got my PS3, that game looked awe inspiring. When I played it, while I did still draw some enjoyment from it, it dashed my hopes. There there are games like Resident Evil 5, which I wasn't hyped for at all, turned out to be even worse then expected.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
MW2.
CheerGirlGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CheerGirlGamer
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts
Well, not on the PS3, but Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time.
CR2OKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CR2OKS
10minutes is just a way of talking. In fact, I played a few hours but I just didn't feel "well" playing it, it wasn't smooth.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

On PS3 the only gave that I've been a little disappointed with is Resistance: Fall of Man. Something about the control scheme and it's feel just doesn't appeal to me. I think I can say the same thing about Resistance 2; I played the multiplayer beta and I didn't like it. I expected more.

CR2OKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CR2OKS
lol i hope you won't buy Resistance 3 :P
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

Lair. I stopped playing when I got to the second level.

Kingfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kingfighter77
Member since 2009 • 306 Posts

Socom Confrontation

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Resident Evil 4. In all seriousness im like the only person who doesnt worship this game. I think Capcom shouldnt have ditched horror for better gameplay. I liked RE back when there was actual zombies and it was actually scary. That and i guess Dantes Inferno.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#11 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Most disappointing? Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. It's a good game but I was expecting so much more.

Worst? Darksiders. I have no idea how the hell this game got anything above a 4.5.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Resident Evil 4. In all seriousness im like the only person who doesnt worship this game. I think Capcom shouldnt have ditched horror for better gameplay. I liked RE back when there was actual zombies and it was actually scary. That and i guess Dantes Inferno.

bigboss1203
ur not the only one i really hated that game but for me the worse was gta 4, i never thought a gta game could dissapoint, i was wrong
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

Most disappointing? Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. It's a good game but I was expecting so much more.

Worst? Darksiders. I have no idea how the hell this game got anything above a 4.5.

brickdoctor

how far did you get in Darksiders? I hated it at first, but the further I got the more I liked it. I am almost done and loving it.

On-topic, RE5. RE4 is one of the best games and 5 ruined all the good things 4 did, atmosphere, story, characters. While 5 was far from a poorly designed game, it doesn't deserve the resident evil title.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
DMC 2 was an abomination.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[Prototype]. The ratio of hype to enjoyment for that game was over a million to one. All people could talk about for months was InFamous and Prototype, and even respected video game websites and magazines were raving for that game. It took no time - no time at all - to realize I had just paid $60 for the biggest flop in history. Sure, they had some good ideas, but the meh story, cliched protagonist (who wore a letterman jacket and a white button up over nice CK jeans that never blemished despite the fact that he was covered in the blood of countless innocents and mutants alike), horrible combat and targetting, brain-dead AI, and some of the crappiest graphics this gen..... pretty much killed it for me. I went from high hopes to freakin' free fall. Not only was I disappointed, I was devestated.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brickdoctor

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

iloverikku11

how far did you get in Darksiders? I hated it at first, but the further I got the more I liked it. I am almost done and loving it.

On-topic, RE5. RE4 is one of the best games and 5 ruined all the good things 4 did, atmosphere, story, characters. While 5 was far from a poorly designed game, it doesn't deserve the resident evil title.

About two hours. I couldn't handle it anymore after that. :P At least some people like it.

CR2OKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CR2OKS

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

iloverikku11

They did a lot since R&C: Tools of Destruction, the whole game is much better now, but you have to keep in mind it was at the beginning.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

Man, I loved Darksiders. What did you not like about it? I just can't understand what is turning so many people off about it. Sure, the story isn't put together very well, but its still a good one. Everything else (except maybe the underpowered pistol) was more than satisfying in my opinon.
CheerGirlGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CheerGirlGamer
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts

brickdoctor
Haha, everyone's quoting you. xD But I loved Ratchet and Clank: TOD. I was just playing it a second ago, actually.. But I can tell what you mean by disappointment, just something was lacking in it. The new one though, A Crack in Time, must be the best since it got sucha high score.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Resident Evil....A slap in the face to the resident evil series

MW2....The most mass pleaser, noob friendly game too date..

Socom...A straight up mess and a true slap in the face to the godfather of online gaming.....

Burnout....I just found straight up boring.....

CR2OKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CR2OKS
I have to agree with you guys...Socom just sucked...They were masters and made a crappy game...
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Ever?

Alundra 2

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Well for a game to be disappointing I've had to had expectations for it soo I would I have to say Modern Warfare 2.
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Killzone 2. Horrid controls, unlikeable characters, and just an overall meh feeling to it. All it did right was look good.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brickdoctor

They did a lot since R&C: Tools of Destruction, the whole game is much better now, but you have to keep in mind it was at the beginning.CR2OKS

Just the beginning? It was like the fifth game in the series. :?

Man, I loved Darksiders. What did you not like about it? I just can't understand what is turning so many people off about it. Sure, the story isn't put together very well, but its still a good one. Everything else (except maybe the underpowered pistol) was more than satisfying in my opinon. TheEldestGod

I don't know. I just really couldn't get into it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Haha, everyone's quoting you. xD But I loved Ratchet and Clank: TOD. I was just playing it a second ago, actually..

But I can tell what you mean by disappointment, just something was lacking in it.

The new one though, A Crack in Time, must be the best since it got sucha high score.CheerGirlGamer

ToD wasn't a bad game by any means, I just felt that it didn't live up to the rest of the series. A Crack in Time, however, is one of the best in the series, if not THE best.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TJSAGE

what were they thinking to make Sevs camera angle be at the waist in KZ2?????????????

Its like he was midget,,,,,,,,,,,

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="TJSAGE"]

what were they thinking to make Sevs camera angle be at the waist in KZ2?????????????

What? Were you crouching the whole game??? I was looking everyone in the eye, so I guess we were all midgets.
11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts
[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Ever?

Alundra 2

You my friend are right Alundra 2 sucked big time !!! Part one was such a classic the good old days.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TJSAGE
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="TJSAGE"]

What? Were you crouching the whole game??? I was looking everyone in the eye, so I guess we were all midgets.

just you buddy, just U!!!!
kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

Lair. Dragons: check. Epic scale: check. Beautiful scenery (at times): check. The game should have been awesome. How the developers managed to screw the game up so badly, I'll never know.

ber4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ber4fun
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

I don't know much about this category because I try not play or buy crappy games but some slipped by me and I own two of them - Far Cry 2 and Shaun White's Snowboarding (the first one). Far Cray 2 was ok in the beginning but half way through it gets extremely boring.

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I love all my games, but Ninja Gaiden was kind of a miss for me. I got stuck on one level, but usually when I get stuck in a game, I keep trying harder. Not with this game - I didn't look at walkthroughs or anything... I just quit playing it. Maybe I'll pick it back up again sometime soon.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="TJSAGE"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="TJSAGE"]

I don't think so. Can I get a witness!? :P
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
DMC 2 was an abomination.CleanNJerk
lol I skipped DMC2 so I haven't been disappointed by it yet :P For me, honestly I'd have to say God of War II. I'm up to the Temple of Euryale and the story has been a HUGE disappointment to me so far. The gameplay is still there, but I'm just not getting the same vibe I got from the first game.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Ever?

Alundra 2

11_17_06

You my friend are right Alundra 2 sucked big time !!! Part one was such a classic the good old days.

Yeah, 1 was pretty damn awesome.

What sucks is Matrix Software didnt even bother to give the series 1 more appropriate go. They just left us with that abomination.

Its a shame.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts
far this gen goes MGS4- 70% cutscenes 30% game Sports Games- they really have to figure out the physics/animation that ruins NBA/NFL games.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="TJSAGE"]

TJSAGE

Oh, yeah.... Now I remember. :P

Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

far this gen goes MGS4- 70% cutscenes 30% game Sports Games- they really have to figure out the physics/animation that ruins NBA/NFL games. PSP107

As opposed to Heavy Rain's 95% cutscenes, 5% game and 100% emo? :P

For me so far this gen I would have to say Resident Evil 5 is the biggest let down. After the masterpiece that was Resident Evil 4, I couldn't be more excited for RE5, and the fact that you could play it co-op made it all seem so much sweeter. Little did I know that having co-op would make the game completely not scary, and that it retained the same controls, had a God-awful story, crap voice acting, and super Arian neo-Nazi meets Tetsuo from Akira antagonist with some of the worst dialogue ever in a videogame ("Complete global saturation!"). Needless to say, I never got the game I was longing for, and am still a bit miffed about it. Thank God Dead Space was released to satiate my hunger for survival horror done right.

Most disappointing games ever would have to go to pretty much every Marvel game ever. So much potential squandered. Who would have thought that the first really good comic book game would be a Batman game from an unknown studio?

Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

TheEldestGod

Man, I loved Darksiders. What did you not like about it? I just can't understand what is turning so many people off about it. Sure, the story isn't put together very well, but its still a good one. Everything else (except maybe the underpowered pistol) was more than satisfying in my opinon.

I agree. I also loved Darksiders, like, with a passion. :) Joe Mad's art is badass and since he was the creative director behind the game, it was the first that I pre-ordered this generation. It's not the most original title, but God damn it's fun to play. It's just one of those game's that's enjoyable to see where it goes, what will happen next, and what badass new piece of gear you will obtain that can help you gain some more loot that you missed earlier on. Chaoseater is the greatest name for a sword ever.

tophustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tophustler
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

i agree with u on killzone 2 i looked up o many vids pop it in my ps3 and the controls are horrible, the story sucks and its a standard fps with pretty graphics it wasnt that good 2 me its still good and yes i did switch it to alternate 2 controls but if they decide to make a killzone 3 hopefully it ill be better

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

MW2 - online really dissapointed me after i played the first mw

Prince of Persia - It was very fun on my xbox but just didn't seem to like it

Avatar image for ratchet_ruler88
ratchet_ruler88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 ratchet_ruler88
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

For Ps3, Resistance: Fall of Man and Burnout Paradise, Takedown is so much better.

tulipkiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tulipkiya
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts
Worst ever.....Burn out...and MW2......they both sucks.....i cant even think about the experience.........Yaak....
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#44 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
GTA4. Very hard game and not fun. :(
FknRuehh925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FknRuehh925
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts
I think Turok... I loved the N64 game but couldn't even finish the p.o.s ps3 version.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
I suppose Sonic The Hedgehog (I liked the 2D ones, what happened?!). And MW 2 was a tad disappointing for me (too noob-y, killstreaks lead into each other, gets too chaotic, doesn't require all that much skill, some of the maps aren't all that good, etc.).
Jim-Panze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jim-Panze
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts
I know that a lot of people will probably disagree now, but I was really disappointed when playing Oblivion (Elder Scrolls), one of my first games for the PS3. It started off great, but somehow (after a few hours of playtime) everything felt so "detached" and repetitive.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Socom wasn't made by the original creators. On topic Fallout 3

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

Well most disappointing was Command & Conquer Red Alert 3. All my mates told me is was a pile of crap but I just couldn't comprehend how someone could make that game bad - naive.

Worst game for me was Bayonetta. I knew I wouldn't like it but so many people told me how awesome it was it was ridiculousso I bought it and like my instinct said, i hated it.

RGDT021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RGDT021
Member since 2008 • 939 Posts

GTA4... driving a horribly unresponsive car repeatedly through grey blurry streets... WEE!