ModNation is...FREE?! (EDIT: NO IT'S NOT)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
So I was on my way to downloading Golden Axe (as Plus) while getting my last kills in UC3 for now. But when I noticed something ModNation related as I was browsing the New Releases page, I saw that it was the full game. What was extra suspecious, however, was the fact that there was a bag icon next to the icon, indicating that I purchased the game, but in reality I did not. I only got the PSP game during the Welcome Back promotion (alongside LBP PSP), so this may have had something to do with that. And it just said GAME, NOT PSP GAME, too. If you don't believe me and have MNR PSP (from PSN obviously), go check it out and see for yourself! EDIT: Turns out it is the Trial I downloaded some time ago but failed to play.
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

You're right :o I feel kinda bad getting it for free. Do you know if it's really the full games, 'cause I downloaded the trial, and maybe that's why it shows as being bought.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

It's probably a mistake...

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

Well at least you guys are getting it for what it's worth. I paid full price when it came out :/

laker0724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 laker0724
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts

I'm not seeing it either :[

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Well at least you guys are getting it for what it's worth. I paid full price when it came out :/

demonic_85

Really? I played the beta and demo, and I thought it was pretty good. Although I wouldnt pay full price for it either. Sonic All Stars Racing gave me my "cart racer" fix and I got that one for $19.99 when Modnation was still full price, so it was a no brainer. ModNation seemed decent enough to want to pick up for cheap though...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

That would be very lucky for those who haven't played the game. It's one of the best PS3 exclusives out there IMO. Only topped by the inFAMOUS games

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
I browsed around the new releases page but don't see anything related to Modnation. What region are you in?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
omg, i just downloaded mod nation for free lol
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
How exactly? I don't seem to see it.
jrlc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 jrlc1
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
omg, i just downloaded mod nation for free lolJoKeR_421
says 29.99 when i looked for it :(
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]omg, i just downloaded mod nation for free loljrlc1
says 29.99 when i looked for it :(

idk if they fixed it but im playing it right now it doesnt have any time expiration or anything like that lol
fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fighter91
Is this a joke? I have looked around and I have downloaded the psp version of modnation just like op did and yet there's nothing related to modnation on the "new releases"...
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tjoeb123
Okay, let me step in to try and de-confuse you guys. 1. I'm in the US. 2. The size is 9000+ MB, so clearly it's NOT a demo. If it was, it would say "Demo" instead of "Game". 3. I clicked on one of the big banners to get to the New Releases page, and you have to scroll down, and...I don't know, LOOK. 4. I already said this in the OP, but it's behaving as though I ALREADY BOUGHT IT. It shows the price but also shows the purchased icon. 5. THIS. IS. NOT. A. JOKE. 6. I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED. I JUST ASSUMED IT WAS BECAUSE I BOUGHT MNR DURING WELCOME BACK TIME. 7. Read this. Now read this. The game is no longer listed as a trial, but I have yet to confirm if it will still play like a trial or the full game...
Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
DANG IT. When I seen the thread I KNEW I should of checked . No free MNR for me >:[
fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fighter91
[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]Okay, let me step in to try and de-confuse you guys. 1. I'm in the US. 2. The size is 9000+ MB, so clearly it's NOT a demo. If it was, it would say "Demo" instead of "Game". 3. I clicked on one of the big banners to get to the New Releases page, and you have to scroll down, and...I don't know, LOOK. 4. I already said this in the OP, but it's behaving as though I ALREADY BOUGHT IT. It shows the price but also shows the purchased icon. 5. THIS. IS. NOT. A. JOKE. 6. I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED. I JUST ASSUMED IT WAS BECAUSE I BOUGHT MNR DURING WELCOME BACK TIME. 7. Read this. Now read this. The game is no longer listed as a trial, but I have yet to confirm if it will still play like a trial or the full game...

So do I download the trial of Modnation first ?
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Okay, let me step in to try and de-confuse you guys. 1. I'm in the US. 2. The size is 9000+ MB, so clearly it's NOT a demo. If it was, it would say "Demo" instead of "Game". 3. I clicked on one of the big banners to get to the New Releases page, and you have to scroll down, and...I don't know, LOOK. 4. I already said this in the OP, but it's behaving as though I ALREADY BOUGHT IT. It shows the price but also shows the purchased icon. 5. THIS. IS. NOT. A. JOKE. 6. I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED. I JUST ASSUMED IT WAS BECAUSE I BOUGHT MNR DURING WELCOME BACK TIME. 7. Read this. Now read this. The game is no longer listed as a trial, but I have yet to confirm if it will still play like a trial or the full game...tjoeb123
Did you play the game yet? I was completely wrong when I said it worked for me. I just had a red shopping bag next to the Modnation Racers game, which, as far as I know, means that I downloaded the trial. I still downloaded it and it ended up being the 1-hour trial. It even says 'expires on 7/15/2011' and has the meter next to the icon to show it's a PS+ trial.

Edit: I should point out that I downloaded MR through its '(Full Game)' Link, not the trial's. Still, it said it's set to expire next year. Other games whose 1-hour trials I've downloaded are the same way, and I doubt I'll get the full versions.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Nice one if it works! I went looking in the US store and here is what i did: (MUST be a Plus member) 1) Click on the "Search" bar. 2) Search for "Modnation" 3) Click on 1 hour trial but DONT download! (Just have it in your download history.) 4) Now click on the full game and it will change from "Buy" to "Download" No idea if it actually gives you the full game, but its worth a shot! :)
dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

Nice one if it works! I went looking in the US store and here is what i did: (MUST be a Plus member) 1) Click on the "Search" bar. 2) Search for "Modnation" 3) Click on 1 hour trial but DONT download! (Just have it in your download history.) 4) Now click on the full game and it will change from "Buy" to "Download" No idea if it actually gives you the full game, but its worth a shot! :)cooldust

do let us know how this works out. i just did the same thing but i don't feel like sitting through a 10gb download right now. :lol:

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cooldust

[QUOTE="cooldust"]Nice one if it works! I went looking in the US store and here is what i did: (MUST be a Plus member) 1) Click on the "Search" bar. 2) Search for "Modnation" 3) Click on 1 hour trial but DONT download! (Just have it in your download history.) 4) Now click on the full game and it will change from "Buy" to "Download" No idea if it actually gives you the full game, but its worth a shot! :)dan_gerous87

do let us know how this works out. i just did the same thing but i don't feel like sitting through a 10gb download right now. :lol:

My download is complete, going to try it in a little bit. :)
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Only in US?

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
Doesn't work for me... =\ Did they fix it or am I doing something wrong?
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

shenannigans! says 29.99 for me. maybe its cause my ps+ expired?

xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xGho5tx
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
This works for other trials as well, lol. But, I think there trying to fix it because whenever I try to go to the store, it gives an error code.
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

When you are a PS+ subscriber, there are plenty of full game trial versions like God of War or ModNation Racers available.

I clicked tjoeb123's picture link and it says "ModNation Racers Full Game Trial" for $0.00. I would guess that it is a full game trial.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tjoeb123

[QUOTE="cooldust"]Nice one if it works! I went looking in the US store and here is what i did: (MUST be a Plus member) 1) Click on the "Search" bar. 2) Search for "Modnation" 3) Click on 1 hour trial but DONT download! (Just have it in your download history.) 4) Now click on the full game and it will change from "Buy" to "Download" No idea if it actually gives you the full game, but its worth a shot! :)dan_gerous87

My download is finished, and I can indeed confirm that IT IS JUST THE TRIAL AFTER ALL. This is where Sony really needs to improve - They should offer us the Buy and Download Trial (with the Plus icon) ON THE SAME PAGE.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cooldust
Yeah it is the trial however the game is still in my download list and i can just download it again... (Gaining another hour.) Might aswell just buy the game for all the hassle its worth though... :p Not bad for something that can be completed in a few hours though or smaller file size.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Ok, so even if it doesn't say anything about a full game trial in the download in my download list, it is still the trial?
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tjoeb123
Ok, so even if it doesn't say anything about a full game trial in the download in my download list, it is still the trial?Chaos_Bladez
Sadly, yes. Havent actually played it yet though, as I just checked the copyright properties.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#34 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I won a copy of Modnation Racers a year ago through Destructoid, so I'm good.