Modern Warfare 2 vs Bad Company 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VIBE8610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VIBE8610
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Right now I am downloading my BETA for BC2, I have been playing MW2 since the night it came out. Want to clear that up so I don't send feelings all over the place. Now, I've been watching videos on youtube of BC2 and many are saying it is crap vs MW2. I haven't played it yet, but due to video itself I can say that BC2 looks like it will out do MW2. The graphics of BC2 are so smooth and crisp. The destructible environment looks so tempting to just destroy. I love how in MP you can actually drive; Hummers, Tanks, ATV's or whatever. I think that is a neat addition. Don't get me wrong, MW2 is great. I cannot really put down the sticks for more than 24 hours but I am so stoked for BC2. I really love more realistic type of things, so I guess thats why. But why hate? Many people on youtube are freaking out over this, the people who say oh BC2 looks better, the MW2 fanboys run wild and get upset. Why? Why not just be an open-minded gamer and just say like I say, ONE looks good THE OTHER looks better. For those who've played the BETA already, what are your thoughts.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Both games have their pro's and cons...

Mw2 is too much kill as much as you can in 20 seconds before you get shot in the back.....

Bad Company, give you alittle more time to strategize and find alternative routes....

Both feel like a little better painted over version of their previous game....

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
When will people learn. There is no need to compare games. MW2 is great and from the looks of things BC2 will be the same thing. You will either play one or the other or both. End of story.
-Rinder-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Rinder-
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
MW2 all the way. I played BC2 for like 5 minutes and got bored.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

MW2

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
. There is no need to compare games..GrandJury
Comparing is how you prove something is better, you always have to compare. Are you smarter then a 5th grader? Or do you both share the same IQ?
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

Battlefield of course. It's just the type of gameplay i prefer and is much more fun to play with friends.

Platforma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Platforma
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

After playing the beta for hours, definately Bad Company 2.

Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]. There is no need to compare games..Javieralijandro
Comparing is how you prove something is better, you always have to compare. Are you smarter then a 5th grader? Or do you both share the same IQ?

Ooooooooo!

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrandJury

You don't NEED to compare every single FPS game that is almost like one another. Let me ask you something. How in the world are you ever going to get a straight answer if and when people have different opinions. MW2 vs BC2...Good lord I can only imagine when the full game comes out. How are you going to prove that MW2 is actually better if someone else says BC2 is actually better? Both games are awesome period.

Oh and that little comment of yours, pretty funny. I never considered myself the smartest person on the forums, hell you might have me beat in intellegence and that is fine, but I know that threads like these are not needed every time a game is even remotely like another game. Especially if they are both really good.

Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

[QUOTE="Javieralijandro"][QUOTE="GrandJury"]. There is no need to compare games..GrandJury

You don't NEED to compare every single FPS game that is almost like one another. Let me ask you something. How in the world are you ever going to get a straight answer if and when people have different opinions. MW2 vs BC2...Good lord I can only imagine when the full game comes out. How are you going to prove that MW2 is actually better if someone else says BC2 is actually better?

Majority.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GrandJury

[QUOTE="GrandJury"][QUOTE="Javieralijandro"] Comparing is how you prove something is better, you always have to compare. Are you smarter then a 5th grader? Or do you both share the same IQ?ParisHilton1Fan

You don't NEED to compare every single FPS game that is almost like one another. Let me ask you something. How in the world are you ever going to get a straight answer if and when people have different opinions. MW2 vs BC2...Good lord I can only imagine when the full game comes out. How are you going to prove that MW2 is actually better if someone else says BC2 is actually better?

Majority.

There is still no reason for threads like this to keep popping up. Hell BC2 is still in its beta and people feel the need to make threads.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Bad Company 2 all the way, Ive played MW2 online for around 30-40 minutes and got insanely bored. Turned it off and yet to play again ( Spec-Ops is the only thing i enjoyed. ) Ive been playing the BC2 beta for a few hours now and its definetely my type of online shooter. COD games have out stayed their welcome for me. I hope BC2 has a solid campaign mode. Cant wait to pick it up in march.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrandJury
See how that worked. See how some people said MW2 and others BC2...Now another thing, I am trying to wrap my mind around how certain people agree that threads like these should exsist. All they do is end up with a bunch of fanboys supporting their game to the end. Oh and how can you compare a fully released game to a beta?
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
See how that worked. See how some people said MW2 and others BC2...Now another thing, I am trying to wrap my mind around how certain people agree that threads like these should exsist. All they do is end up with a bunch of fanboys supporting their game to the end. Oh and how can you compare a fully released game to a beta?GrandJury
Who goes by what people say? Im talking about frame rate, HD resolution, number of things going on screen. I already know mw2 lost in HD resolution because we all know MW2 runs at 600p.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GrandJury
And what I am talking about is these threads. Such and such vs Such and such.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
See how that worked. See how some people said MW2 and others BC2...Now another thing, I am trying to wrap my mind around how certain people agree that threads like these should exsist. All they do is end up with a bunch of fanboys supporting their game to the end. Oh and how can you compare a fully released game to a beta?GrandJury
If the beta is better you can easily compare them. :D In the end BC2 can only really get better. I respect everyones opinion, we all have different tastes.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

Yes, that's true. comparison is one of the ways, if not the only way (at times), to reach a definitive conclusion of what's better. But in this particular situation where we have to compare games, especially those that are fundamentally different (even though they're in the same genre... which is also something people can argue) it becomes extremely difficult to determine a clear-cut winner in a universal sense. Opinions will always vary, and even if there will be a majority favoring one game over the other, the argument about which game is king will remain perpetual.

For individuals, it's a simple task to accomplish, as we can judge games by the intrinsic joy we derive from playing them (i.e. "i like game A more than game B, therefore game A is better"). But to come up with an absolute, generally accepted victor is an impossible task. Note, i'm only speaking of MW and BFBC2, and NOT in a general sense, as there are situations where such a victor may be created; especially if the entire comparison was about specific characteristics or if was restricted by guidelines, rules or laws which help make the comparison process objective.

For instance, we can easily compare BC2 and MW2 by their metacritic scores, or the number of copies sold... or even create a custom comparison method (i.e. we can compare which game is better by looking at the first 1000 GS user submitted scores or something). All of these would be valid comparisons, but it is also important to acknowledge that none of these comparisons illustrate which game is truly better, but because we created rules (restrictions) as to how we compare these games, we can now come up with some kind of result. However, there's even a problem with that method, as there will always be people who'll say that metacritic scores don't mean jack as they're based on someone else's opinions or that copies sold have nothing to do with game quality... and guess what, those would be valid points... and because there's nothing that can debunk those points, we will arguing over and over... and we still won't really know which game is universally better...

so if people want to argue about games, please, by all means... hell, it could be enjoyable trying to sell your points once in a while, but these comparisons it will be endless (until the topic runs dry that is)and ultimately pointlesss as everything based on personal biases and tastes.

NightmareCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NightmareCV
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts
Shouldn't we wait until BFBC2 releases before comparing the Beta to a full retail game?
jakecufc8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jakecufc8888
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

I

I don't think I've seen one thread that you do think exists. Quit bickering over this little ****, you're never going to change anything. The reason people like to compare these sorts of things is because people are curious to get other people's views. Not necessarily to determine which is best.

Anyways, Bad Company 2 looks better, and it's gameplay is more tactical, which is something I prefer. So if I had to choose one of them to own, it'd be BC2.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrandJury

I thank you for your imput on me, but I have a right to voice my opinion(as do you)on these matters. I did not like the thread so I said something. So god bless you and keep on truckin my friend:D

jakecufc8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jakecufc8888
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
Aight dawg I'm just tired of every thread I enter being an argument over whether the thread needs to be there. Because seriously, those "this thread shouldn't exist" posts do more harm than good.
Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

Right now I am downloading my BETA for BC2, I have been playing MW2 since the night it came out. Want to clear that up so I don't send feelings all over the place. Now, I've been watching videos on youtube of BC2 and many are saying it is crap vs MW2. I haven't played it yet, but due to video itself I can say that BC2 looks like it will out do MW2. The graphics of BC2 are so smooth and crisp. The destructible environment looks so tempting to just destroy. I love how in MP you can actually drive; Hummers, Tanks, ATV's or whatever. I think that is a neat addition. Don't get me wrong, MW2 is great. I cannot really put down the sticks for more than 24 hours but I am so stoked for BC2. I really love more realistic type of things, so I guess thats why. But why hate? Many people on youtube are freaking out over this, the people who say oh BC2 looks better, the MW2 fanboys run wild and get upset. Why? Why not just be an open-minded gamer and just say like I say, ONE looks good THE OTHER looks better. For those who've played the BETA already, what are your thoughts.VIBE8610

I think MW2 looks about 5 times better than BC2. I played the beta yesterday and it immediately made me want to play a good online FPS, so that very day I went and got MW2. BC2 is a lot of fun. So is COD. I don't really like the vehicle thing, because the tank person can just kill any foot soldier in sight, plus I don't like the graphics in BC2 as much as MW2, but it is still tons of fun to play.

ichiban30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ichiban30
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts

either way... i will be playing both...

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I own and play MW2 which is good but Bad Company 2 will destroy it.

buehler_evan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 buehler_evan
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

I played the beta and it was boring. the pace was slow and it wasnt that fun. Maybe its because i've been playing so much mw2. BC2 graphics and vehicles are good though

GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

I prefer MAG over both of them any day.

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts

As I have MW2 already, I'll be getting both MAG and BC2. I like FPS so why compare? The DV teams of these games didn't come together and say what can we do to look like or be better the the other. If you can make a good game they will buy. Simple as that.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

semi truck vs compact car......they each do different things, they do them well.......u cant really compare them equally though.

i like both......bc2 is awesome, ive had alot of fun with it......mw2 is awesome really good, but completely different....other than shooting people and stuff.

SoutheastSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SoutheastSam
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts
I like Battlefield 2 better :P
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
i almost barfed when i played bf:bc2. i likeed the first one but after playing so much mw2, bc2 just looks dated
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
When will people learn. There is no need to compare games. MW2 is great and from the looks of things BC2 will be the same thing. You will either play one or the other or both. End of story.GrandJury
best answer really. Why does one game have to be better than the other. If you have fun playing both then isn't that the whole point of gaming
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
MW2 = CQC, small maps BF:BD2 = big maps, vehicles
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Why can't people just think both are really good games? You can prefer one over the other, but there isn't a "better" game of the two.