mgs4 might go multiplatform =(

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hanabie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

if they do it, suck sony and suck playstation supremacy :(

and I suck hard cus I'm a big fanboy :(

link to check for more details

http://kotaku.com/5063447/konami-officially-comments-on-xbox-360-metal-gear-solid-4

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Haha wow, a big slap on the face to the die hards. The main single player game might get trashed in the process but it very well may be worth picking up a 360 port if only for online. Sony's do what ever you want online wise attitude let Konami create a montrosity of an online service that never should have been allowed to exist outside of some late 90's PC game.
FlemmingM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FlemmingM
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
wouldn't it be funny if it was ported poorly, and they forgot to take out the "Change to disc two" codec message you get from Octacon... :P

Anyway Konami have said similar things before, but Kojima shot them down each time.. Besides in the end, that just means more will get to play the game... And that's not bad, is it?
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ket87

wouldn't it be funny if it was ported poorly, and they forgot to take out the "Change to disc two" codec message you get from Octacon... :P

Anyway Konami have said similar things before, but Kojima shot them down each time.. Besides in the end, that just means more will get to play the game... And that's not bad, is it?FlemmingM

Its not Kojima's decision, he still works for Konami. If Konami really wanted to port it too 360 they have every legal right too, Konami owns the publishing rights to MGS4 not Hideo Kojima thats the point of being the publisher. All they have to do is have another department port it if Kojima makes a fuss.

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hanabie

seriously, if sony still doesnt take any action, im thinking of selling my baby on ebay =/

and getting a 360 =/ i dont want to own a console which is weak to me

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hanabie
I don't know why genius hideo still wanna stick with those gold diggers. I mean hideo is rich enuf =/ he could quit konami, and establish a new team =/
hajrudin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hajrudin1984
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
whatever :) if it comes it comes ... but i doubt it. How many disc must they put in it?
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
its gonna be very inferior anyway.. by the time it actually comes out (if) we'll have the MGS4 directors cut.
Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hanabie

I doubt it. soon or later you will see they will get an external blu ray drive =/

by that time, sony day would be over and ps3 is another dreamcast

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

whatever :) if it comes it comes ... but i doubt it. How many disc must they put in it?hajrudin1984

not only that but how would xbox live people get Metal gear online?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ket87

seriously, if sony still doesnt take any action, im thinking of selling my baby on ebay =/

Hanabie

Sony can't do anything about this at this point its far too late. Something they should have done in the first place was negotiate a contract to keep the game exclusive.

Overconfidence was thier downfall in hoping that MGS4 would single handedly pull the PS3 ahead of 360 or that MGS4 would sell enough copies to allow Konami to abide by Kojima's wishes. Now because they didn't do the smart thing that Microsoft does and negotiate before the game is developed they very well may lose their strongest 3rd party exclusive now. Considering they are exploring their options this possible port is no where being released anytime soon so in all likely hold waiting a year and half to two years to release a port will cause ridiculously low sales whichis why MGS2 failed on the Xbox and the single point people seem to miss when they say MGS4 shouldn't be multiplat because 2 didn't sell well on Xbox. Well no crap when you wait well over a year to release a game on a different console of course noone care to buy it.

FlemmingM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlemmingM
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

[QUOTE="FlemmingM"]wouldn't it be funny if it was ported poorly, and they forgot to take out the "Change to disc two" codec message you get from Octacon... :P

Anyway Konami have said similar things before, but Kojima shot them down each time.. Besides in the end, that just means more will get to play the game... And that's not bad, is it?Ket87

Its not Kojima's decision, he still works for Konami. If Konami really wanted to port it too 360 they have every legal right too, Konami owns the publishing rights to MGS4 not Hideo Kojima thats the point of being the publisher. All they have to do is have another department port it if Kojima makes a fuss.

Yeah I know.. But im pretty sure there was some talk about Konami wanting a 360 port at awhile back.. And Kojima shot that down.. Im pretty sure he has a thing or two to say in this matter.. Since im pretty sure Konami doesn't want lose Kojima to another publisher... But yeah a 360 port could indeed happen.. and like a said, that just means more people will get to play this masterpiece..

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hanabie

it's so frustrating after watching more and more games have been ported to other platforms.

AND! we lost some good games like star ocean and monster hunter

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts

Hanabie

So because MGS4 goes to PS3 you are going to miss out on God of War III, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Little Big Planet, The Agency, MAG, Socom, Infamous, the rumored Uncharted 2, and much more...epic fail on your part

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts
That's not Kojima talking and there have been no plans to port it.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

I doubt it. soon or later you will see they will get an external blu ray drive =/

Hanabie

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAH thats the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time, thanks!

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ket87
[QUOTE="Ket87"]

[QUOTE="FlemmingM"]wouldn't it be funny if it was ported poorly, and they forgot to take out the "Change to disc two" codec message you get from Octacon... :P

Anyway Konami have said similar things before, but Kojima shot them down each time.. Besides in the end, that just means more will get to play the game... And that's not bad, is it?FlemmingM

Yeah I know.. But im pretty sure there was some talk about Konami wating a 360 port at awhile back.. And Kojima shot that down.. Im pretty sure he has a thing or two to say in this matter.. Since im pretty sure Konami doesn't want lose Kojima to another publisher... But yeah a 360 port could indeed happen.. and like a said, that just means more people will get to play this masterpiece..

Yeah in all likelihood Konami excercising their right to distribute the game as they see fit against Kojimas wishes could cause him to split though in all honesty I really couldn't care. MGS are the only games he has made in almost 15 years, plus he has wanted to stop being part of the Metal Gear projects since after MGS2 but he has even stated that he had a change of heart to do 3 and 4 after he received tons of fan mail saying that he had to do it, even death threats saying he had to do it. Now the main story is finished, if he calls it quits because of something like this it will not affect future MGS projects as he would not be making them anyways.

Plus I also agree that the more the merrier, I've believed since the beginning that Kojima was foolish for not following every other 3rd party dev and going multiplatform. Its just bad buisness being an exclusive these days.

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hanabie
well. im not a big fan of gow3 and lbp. etc. some games u mentioned are from third party. I expect that they will be ported as well =/
Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hanabie
can u explain why starocean, gears of war, etc. stay exclusively for m$?
eregol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eregol
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts

Sigh.

MGS2 was poorly recieved on Xbox, MGS3, was not ported as a result. I doubt they'd change their minds to be brutally honest.

And why claim that the PS3 is weaker because of a lack of third party exclusives? First party exclusives are where the real deal lies, and in that area Sony are set to rule 2009.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Anything possible. but I dont care anymore. I have one console I liked Im good.
CryoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CryoGoblin
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

Anyway Konami have said similar things before, but Kojima shot them down each time.. Besides in the end, that just means more will get to play the game... And that's not bad, is it?Ket87

well last time i checked Kojima is the man behind the big bucks. Now why on earth would Konami not include their BIGGEST asset in a major decision like this? Especially after the interesting interview of there being a MGS5 with the supervision of Kojima, all that nice money will slip out of Konami's hands if they dont treat Kojima with the respect he deserves.

Hanabie

Now! if this were to ever!! happen...i mean ever!!. Sony will be looking at some serious royalty cash. Which also means that they will have Microsoft on wrapped around their finger for using their technology. Not a wise move for Microsoft whatsoever.

[QUOTE="FlemmingM"][QUOTE="Ket87"]

Yeah I know.. But im pretty sure there was some talk about Konami wating a 360 port at awhile back.. And Kojima shot that down.. Im pretty sure he has a thing or two to say in this matter.. Since im pretty sure Konami doesn't want lose Kojima to another publisher... But yeah a 360 port could indeed happen.. and like a said, that just means more people will get to play this masterpiece..

Yeah in all likelihood Konami excercising their right to distribute the game as they see fit against Kojimas wishes could cause him to split though in all honesty I really couldn't care. MGS are the only games he has made in almost 15 years, plus he has wanted to stop being part of the Metal Gear projects since after MGS2 but he has even stated that he had a change of heart to do 3 and 4 after he received tons of fan mail saying that he had to do it, even death threats saying he had to do it. Now the main story is finished, if he calls it quits because of something like this it will not affect future MGS projects as he would not be making them anyways.

Plus I also agree that the more the merrier, I've believed since the beginning that Kojima was foolish for not following every other 3rd party dev and going multiplatform. Its just bad buisness being an exclusive these days.

i like how you say its bad business to be an exclusive. Because that really doesnt make sense. Especially when like most of or not all say on the forum that Microsoft makes deals and plans to maintain their exclusive titles, exclusive! Now exclusives is what drives the console market, creates competition between different companies, If there should not be exclusive then F**k lets have Microsoft and Sony meet up in the middle next gen? Wouldnt that be interesting...no...it wouldnt because exclusives is key. Like nintendo...ever see them giving up Mario? not likely.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ket87

can u explain why starocean, gears of war, etc. stay exclusively for m$?Hanabie

Umm Gears of War was published by Microsoft Game Studios......thats why. They funded the games development.

Star Ocean was because MS tossed some money at SE.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
bought it, played it, beat it, put it on the shelf and moved on. who cares?
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

poor 2 impossible possibility, however it is sony's fault, its startegy this generation is well i dun know but it seems that they were overconfidence and u know more likely 2 have no strategy at all.

lately i noticed some progression i hope they can keep that up

Mike5589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mike5589
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts
If that happens then I'm finished with video games.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ket87
[QUOTE="Ket87"]

CryoGoblin

i like how you say its bad business to be an exclusive. Because that really doesnt make sense. Especially when like most of or not all say on the forum that Microsoft makes deals and plans to maintain their exclusive titles, exclusive! Now exclusives is what drives the console market, creates competition between different companies, If there should not be exclusive then F**k lets have Microsoft and Sony meet up in the middle next gen? Wouldnt that be interesting...no...it wouldnt because exclusives is key. Like nintendo...ever see them giving up Mario? not likely.

Exclusives are bad for buisness.......for the developer. It doesn't hurt the console maker if they have third party exclusives. But if you want your game sold you need the most venues to do it in, if yoru the console maker you want some edge over the other guy its a double edge sword. It causes loss of profit for one angle of the buisness while it fuels the other. Having your product avaialble to more consumers helps you sell more product, reducing the amount consumers reduces the amount of potential sales. This is stuff you learn first day in a highschool econ class kiddo.

As said before 3rd party exclusives hurt the developer/publisher not the console manufacturer, they make money regardless though they will get an edge to beat out the competition buy securing the exclusive, I left this out of the first post because I didn't think anyone needed explaining on this, guess I was wrong.

Exclusives are usually not for the sake of brand loyalty like in the old days anymore. Which is a virtue Hideo Kojima seems to be the sole believer in. If a developer is willing to sacrifice potential sales for exclusives now they need incentive, games cost a ridiculous amount of money to make, Microsoft throwing millions upon millions of dollars at a company for exclusive games or content recoups any losses the developer may take by limiting potential consumers.

So exclusives in the sense that Kojima wished for MGS4 (aka a non negotiated honor system type deal) are bad for buisness. Kojima wanted to remain exclusive to Sony while Konami had to under take a cut in potential consumers. They lost any margin for those losses to be regained by negotiating with Sony. Now Sony will ultimately be hurt by this if Konami does port it.

As for your comment about Mario I got three words for you man, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. Nothing is exclusive anymore even first party mascots.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
If MGS4 goes multi then let it be. I have had my PS3 for little over a year now and I have not regret making that purchase. I find my self enjoying the 1st party titles the most and the 3rd parties are just extra bonuses. MGS4 was a master piece and I enjoyed every bit of it but with all these great releases coming out...it's time for me to move on. Just hope MGS4 is appreciated on the 36o if it gets ported.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
If MGS4 goes multi then let it be. I have had my PS3 for little over a year now and I have not regret making that purchase. I find my self enjoying the 1st party titles the most and the 3rd parties are just extra bonuses. MGS4 was a master piece and I enjoyed every bit of it but with all these great releases coming out...it's time for me to move on. Just hope MGS4 is appreciated on the 36o if it gets ported.GranReyUno
really? i hope it flops on the 360... ever destroying any chances of future MGS titles on that console...
Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts

If that happens then I'm finished with video games.Mike5589

drama queen!

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

[QUOTE="GranReyUno"]If MGS4 goes multi then let it be. I have had my PS3 for little over a year now and I have not regret making that purchase. I find my self enjoying the 1st party titles the most and the 3rd parties are just extra bonuses. MGS4 was a master piece and I enjoyed every bit of it but with all these great releases coming out...it's time for me to move on. Just hope MGS4 is appreciated on the 36o if it gets ported.americahellyeah
really? i hope it flops on the 360... ever destroying any chances of future MGS titles on that console...

LMAO! Doubt that it would keep the MGS series off the 36o for good. MGS2 flopped horribly and now they want to port it to 36o only because of the install base. With greedy Konami they would port it to the Wii if it was possible. Picture using the will mote to slice a PMC throat lol!

initiald411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 initiald411
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
Don't bite the hand that feeds you because you might regret it. Hideo is keeping konami on the map believe it they wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for that man.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Everybody who wanted to play Metal Gear has already done so. The only thing Microsoft has is timed exclusivity. Yes they have some 3rd party games, but they suck on the 1st party front.

As far as 3rd party goes

Tenchu Z and the new one

Kengo

Sylspheed

Beautiful Katamari

Kingdom Under Fire

Test Drive

Master Commander

Hour of Victory

That Frontlines WW 2 shooter game

Infinite Undiscovery

have all been poor to average games

MS's first party developer Mist Walker isn't that great.

Most of the cool games on 360 are multiplat

The only ones that people fawned over were Bioshock, Halo, Forza, PGR, Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, and Banjo.

Sony's games that are supposedly great are

Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Hot Shots Golf 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Wipeout, Siren Blood Curse, Little Big Planet for the most part have been recieved well by most critics that actually matter.

Resistance 2, seems like it will take home gold, Motorstorm 2 is quite cool, Valkyria Chronicles, although easy should strike the hearts of people, Socom seems alright for the online junkies.

in 09 you have Killzone 2, Tekken 6 with the better D-pad (everybody knows the 360 D-pad is not that great) Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Infamous, Twisted Metal, Heavy Rain, Ratchet, second PS3 adventure, Naughty Dog Project 2, White Knight Chronicles, Cross Edge, Wardevil Enigma (for now), Dark Cloud 3. Not to mention PSN games like Fat Princess, Kung Fu Ragdoll, Flower, that tetris like puzzle game.

Wow your going to sell your PS3 just so you can save yourself $50 dollars, but in the long run end up paying it again due to online fees.

Let us look at the 360 09 games shall we

Star Ocean 4

Forza 3

Halo Wars and the expansion of 3

Alan Wake.

If you ask me the 360, has already reached it's head back in 07

PS3 is getting most of the "big games" of 08 like Prince of Persia, Fallout, Far Cry, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Mirrors Edge, Sonic Unleashed, MK, VS DC and a lot of big ones of 09, like Prototype, Call of Duty 6, Resident Evil 5, Bayonetta, Last Remnant, (even though it is late),

As far as PS3 being like Dreamcast, yeah right, the dreamcast only lasted pretty much for about a year. yeah sure it had games come out all the way until early 02 but it was long gone before that. Even Valve, now wants to be more involed with the system.

Neither system is bad, but the 360 isn't the king like people make it out to be. Yes it has more games as far as quantity goes, but for quality, I would say they are about even. The 360 has RPG's while PS3 has a stronger adventure esque genre of gaming.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I doubt it. If it were going to happen it would have been announced by now.
darkiiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkiiix
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

first off His not if anything he would try with Zone of the Enders 3. MGS4 uses to much of the PlayStation power and a port may not pay off in the in (MONEY!!). And like I did with MGS2S for the XBox I took it back because the PS2 version was more polish like the Tanker part. The fact is MGS2 was made to use the PS2 to the MAX, using every thing it had to offer. And the XBox could not handle it even thou the Xbox is more powerful then the PS2, So porting That game was a mistake. The same thing will happen to MGS4 and FF13 if they port. The Same thing would happen to Gears , Halo3 , Fable if they tryed a port it to the PS3. And that's why Gears2 will not be on the PC.

darkiiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkiiix
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

Don't bite the hand that feeds you because you might regret it. Hideo is keeping konami on the map believe it they wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for that man.initiald411

Kojima made more money for them then all the other games they had put together and that is why konami is not going to cross him.

eregol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 eregol
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts

Everybody who wanted to play Metal Gear has already done so. The only thing Microsoft has is timed exclusivity. Yes they have some 3rd party games, but they suck on the 1st party front.

As far as 3rd party goes

Tenchu Z and the new one

Kengo

Sylspheed

Beautiful Katamari

Kingdom Under Fire

Test Drive

Master Commander

Hour of Victory

That Frontlines WW 2 shooter game

Infinite Undiscovery

have all been poor to average games

MS's first party developer Mist Walker isn't that great.

Most of the cool games on 360 are multiplat

The only ones that people fawned over were Bioshock, Halo, Forza, PGR, Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, and Banjo.

Sony's games that are supposedly great are

Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Hot Shots Golf 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Wipeout, Siren Blood Curse, Little Big Planet for the most part have been recieved well by most critics that actually matter.

Resistance 2, seems like it will take home gold, Motorstorm 2 is quite cool, Valkyria Chronicles, although easy should strike the hearts of people, Socom seems alright for the online junkies.

in 09 you have Killzone 2, Tekken 6 with the better D-pad (everybody knows the 360 D-pad is not that great) Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Infamous, Twisted Metal, Heavy Rain, Ratchet, second PS3 adventure, Naughty Dog Project 2, White Knight Chronicles, Cross Edge, Wardevil Enigma (for now), Dark Cloud 3. Not to mention PSN games like Fat Princess, Kung Fu Ragdoll, Flower, that tetris like puzzle game.

Wow your going to sell your PS3 just so you can save yourself $50 dollars, but in the long run end up paying it again due to online fees.

Let us look at the 360 09 games shall we

Star Ocean 4

Forza 3

Halo Wars and the expansion of 3

Alan Wake.

If you ask me the 360, has already reached it's head back in 07

PS3 is getting most of the "big games" of 08 like Prince of Persia, Fallout, Far Cry, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Mirrors Edge, Sonic Unleashed, MK, VS DC and a lot of big ones of 09, like Prototype, Call of Duty 6, Resident Evil 5, Bayonetta, Last Remnant, (even though it is late),

As far as PS3 being like Dreamcast, yeah right, the dreamcast only lasted pretty much for about a year. yeah sure it had games come out all the way until early 02 but it was long gone before that. Even Valve, now wants to be more involed with the system.

Neither system is bad, but the 360 isn't the king like people make it out to be. Yes it has more games as far as quantity goes, but for quality, I would say they are about even. The 360 has RPG's while PS3 has a stronger adventure esque genre of gaming.

gamenerd15

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sir, I salute you.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
its too late to port it, the earliest it will come is like 2010, if they start work on it right now. Noone will care about it then.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Hanabie

I know I wouldn't pay 100 euros just to play a game. The console is there for a reason.

If it gets ported it will be poorly and badly.

I would love seeing Kojima leaving Konami. Srsly.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

Haha wow, a big slap on the face to the die hards. The main single player game might get trashed in the process but it very well may be worth picking up a 360 port if only for online. Sony's do what ever you want online wise attitude let Konami create a montrosity of an online service that never should have been allowed to exist outside of some late 90's PC game.Ket87

I agree with your thoughts on the online aspect of MGS4, I was excited for it but after 35 minutes of user agreements, passwords and loading I had enough and forgot all about it. I have a feeling not much will be lost in the transition to 360 regardless of what the Sony fans say. I know one thing is for sure it will give me a reason to play it again simply for the guaranteed achievements.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thegame1980

Hanabie

Finally someone with some sense around here!

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogerjak

[QUOTE="Hanabie"]

thegame1980

I love your blog : "I hate The PS3"

hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

So because MGS4 goes to PS3 you are going to miss out on God of War III, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Little Big Planet, The Agency, MAG, Socom, Infamous, the rumored Uncharted 2, and much more...epic fail on your part Pablo620
It is funny that you menction that, since at least 2 of those games are quite likely to end up in the 360 as well.

This is not so surprising, but it is certainly a low punch to Sony. The port is not going to move sales on lot of 360 consoles since it has being announced so late and people that were interested most likely already played it (unless it has some exclusive content, like a Ninja Raiden or Johnny chapter)... But it is going to hurt Sony's credibility that the biggest exclusive 3rd party game in PS3 history now decided to abandon the ship.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thegame1980
[QUOTE="Hanabie"]

Pablo620

So because MGS4 goes to PS3 you are going to miss out on God of War III, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Little Big Planet, The Agency, MAG, Socom, Infamous, the rumored Uncharted 2, and much more...epic fail on your part

Only like 2 of those games are going to be any good and I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were ported or released day and date on 360.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thegame1980

The port is not going to move sales on lot of 360 consoles since it has being announced so late and people that were interested most likely already played it (unless it has some exclusive content, like a Ninja Raiden or Johnny chapter)... But it is going to hurt Sony's credibility that the biggest exclusive 3rd party game in PS3 history now decided to abandon the ship.

hermes200

You're right porting MGS4 to 360 won't surge a 360 sales spike BUT what it will do is give yet another reason for those NOT to buy a PS3 or reconsider their future purchase. It will also show ANYTHING is up for grabs and NO ONE is safe! LOL!

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogerjak
[QUOTE="Pablo620"][QUOTE="Hanabie"]

thegame1980

Only like 2 of those games are going to be any good and I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were ported or released day and date on 360.

Which game are you talking about...just out of curiosity.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thegame1980

[QUOTE="thegame1980"][QUOTE="Hanabie"]

rogerjak

I love your blog : "I hate The PS3"

I'm glad you like it. It took me a whole 6 months to come to that conclusion after extensive comparisons, play testing and weighing postives and negatives. Owning both gives me the right to trash one of my choosing. Please tell your friends about my blog and feel free to comment on it. :)

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thegame1980
[QUOTE="thegame1980"][QUOTE="Pablo620"][QUOTE="Hanabie"]

rogerjak

You mean being ported or will be good?

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rogerjak
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="thegame1980"][QUOTE="Pablo620"][QUOTE="Hanabie"]

thegame1980

You mean being ported or will be good?

Both.
milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

HAHAHA!!!!! that would be JOKE OF THE YEAR! ^_^