MGS4 is the end for me!!!!

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Ok I have hit a point where no games are as satisfying as they once were when I was a kid. I am 22 years old and the only game series that still gives me that special feeilng inside is MGS4. I have been with the series since the begining and in a since I feel that I have grown with it. Other games just leave me like meh. Games like: DMC4, GTA4, GOW(all of them), COD4, RE... I mean pretty much any game that is great to the masses I dont get that feeling like I use to. I mean they are great games and I enjoy them but I dont get that special "fill in the blank" feeling.

I was just wondering how many other people out there might be calling it quits after they are through with MGS4.

Here are some other games that got close to giving me that feeling: TMNT turtles in time, Zelda OoT, DMC1, and Shenmue 2

******If you are not calling it quits can you tell me which game gave you that special feeling****************

I already know someone will say FF7...lol

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

wow... lol! umm, GTA4 and COD4 are amazing, and so will MGS4 (beta was sweet), but i dont really get a "special feeling" from video games, i think you should look elsewhere for that kinda pleasure if ya know what i mean!

Avatar image for All-Star-Gamble
All-Star-Gamble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 All-Star-Gamble
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts

Wow you and me think alike..

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
MGS and GoW (greek mythology fanatic) def give me that feeling, but I totally get what you are saying about SP dieing. That is why you need to divulge your time in some fun social games. I am 23, and kicking back with a bunch of friends, drinkin some beers, and playing mario kart wii, and smash bros. brawl is a blast. On the competative front, try getting into a game like Starcraft. I think your problem is that you have grown out of SP solo play. So now try competative play and social games. I almost quit gaming, but thanks to good old sc, and now the wii, I am still trucking...although I can't wait for MGS4 and GoW3.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 baller72

wow... lol! umm, GTA4 and COD4 are amazing, and so will MGS4 (beta was sweet), but i dont really get a "special feeling" from video games, i think you should look elsewhere for that kinda pleasure if ya know what i mean!

TrevCubsOr21
lol I knew someone would get me on the way I was saying my special feeling lol, but trust I would take the warmth of a women anytime over a game... well unless I was into MGS4 story already...lol, but my girl and my friends already know that I will be ghost for June 12-18.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
i feel ya man, to me games are fun but its not the same for me it was 14 years ago (im 27 btw) i used to love spending weekends exploring final fantasy (all of theM) dragon quest 3, super mario world and playing mortal kombat 2 and killer instinct. i started playing guitar and the video games went pretty much entirely to the wayside, i still play them, but after an hour or 2 i can't take anymore. however if you like rpg's there are 2 games that kinda gave me that warm fuzzy nostalgia, those were final fantasy 12 and dragon quest 8. both of those are pretty good games that i really enjoyed.
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrevCubsOr21
[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

baller72

lol I knew someone would get me on the way I was saying my special feeling lol, but trust I would take the warmth of a women anytime over a game... well unless I was into MGS4 story already...lol, but my girl and my friends already know that I will be ghost for June 12-18.

i had to say it... its like the "thats what she said" kinda stuff. doesnt matter who says it! lol! but i know what you mean about games just not being as impressive anymore.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 baller72

MGS and GoW (greek mythology fanatic) def give me that feeling, but I totally get what you are saying about SP dieing. That is why you need to divulge your time in some fun social games. I am 23, and kicking back with a bunch of friends, drinkin some beers, and playing mario kart wii, and smash bros. brawl is a blast. On the competative front, try getting into a game like Starcraft. I think your problem is that you have grown out of SP solo play. So now try competative play and social games. I almost quit gaming, but thanks to good old sc, and now the wii, I am still trucking...although I can't wait for MGS4 and GoW3.Dr_DudeMan

yea well I guess I should have said Single player gaming, because I still sit back with my roommates and if we are not at the bar or club (and we dont have any work to do) we usually play some game that has split screen or battle in some fighting game. but I mean we are either so drunk or so well lets just say we either or drunk or feeling real good so the game we play together really does not matter...

I really fear though man that after I get out of school I will not have the urge to buy games any more...

gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

******If you are not calling it quits can you tell me which game gave you that special feeling****************

[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

baller72

Jejejejeje for me FF8 jejeje i hate ff7...

ok the games that make me feels like you are MGS (all of them) FF8, FF-X, TLOZ ocarina of time, Goldeneye, Mario64, halo (only the first one, cuz H2 and H3 su**), MOHAA, Star Fox64, Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3; Chrono Trigger, jajajaja and others....

And TrevCubsOr21.... i guess baller72 is talking about a feeling like when you remember something that you like, for example, when i play Mario64 i remember one of the best vacations i ever had when i was a child...

And the "pleasure" ur talking about is the one, that you can get with ur girlfriend :P or not ??? ;)

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 baller72
what is MOHAA
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I have this feeling that things will change after I finish MGS4, but what that is... I don't know.
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrevCubsOr21
[QUOTE="baller72"]

[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

gera34

ok the games that make me feels like you are MGS (all of them) FF8, FF-X, TLOZ ocarina of time, Goldeneye, Mario64, halo (only the first one, cuz H2 and H3 su**), MOHAA, Star Fox64, Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3; Chrono Trigger, jajajaja and others....

And TrevCubsOr21.... i guess baller72 is talking about a feeling like when you remember something that you like, for example, when i play Mario64 i remember one of the best vacations i ever had when i was a child...

And the "pleasure" ur talking about is the one, that you can get with ur girlfriend :P or not ??? ;)

yea i know what he meant. lol! i was just making a joke

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TrevCubsOr21

Medal of Honor... i think, but who knows

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 baller72
I have this feeling that things will change after I finish MGS4, but what that is... I don't know. sinistergoggles
yea that is what I am saying... I mean I usually am researching a game that is coming out or looking at G4 watching for something new, but for the past few months I have not done none of that... because I already know when MGS4 is coming out and everything I want to know about it.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 baller72
[QUOTE="baller72"][QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

TrevCubsOr21

i had to say it... its like the "thats what she said" kinda stuff. doesnt matter who says it! lol! but i know what you mean about games just not being as impressive anymore.

You cool man that was pretty funny... I was typing this and I was like man these guys are going to rip me apart about THAT SPECIAL FEELING... I thought someone was gonna sk me what exactly I be doing with my games? lol
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 baller72

TrevCubsOr21
oh ok... huh wait Medal of Honor is a good game... who woulda thought
gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gera34

what is MOHAAballer72

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gera34
[QUOTE="gera34"][QUOTE="baller72"]

[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

TrevCubsOr21

yea i know what he meant. lol! i was just making a joke

jejeje i now i just wanted to confirm :P

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TrevCubsOr21
[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

baller72

oh ok... huh wait Medal of Honor is a good game... who woulda thought

yea i dont really like them either, but he says Medal of Honor ALlied Assault

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TrevCubsOr21
[QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"][QUOTE="baller72"][QUOTE="TrevCubsOr21"]

baller72

You cool man that was pretty funny... I was typing this and I was like man these guys are going to rip me apart about THAT SPECIAL FEELING... I thought someone was gonna sk me what exactly I be doing with my games? lol

yea u pretty cool too! unlike some people you can take a joke, other would have flipped out on me, and started saying stupid stuff like i have no life or somthing dumb like that! lol

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 baller72

I think I am just getting old guys... maybe I should focus on my career and try to start a family now lol...

***gives the finger motion to his lady to come here**** and folds the computer down***

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 baller72

Man TrevCubsOr21 alot things dont get me upset on here... the only thing that gets to me is if someone calls me a noob... I dont know why but it is like an old racist person calling me the N word... it really gets under my skin. other than that most people on here just want to argue and stuff and I am not even going to lie if I am in a bad mood I come on here to mess with someone too but for the most part if you get me with a good joke 9 times out of 10 I am going to laugh...

buy the way I am sorry that you are a cubs fan... I am not a baseball fan, but man if you like the cubs you must not be one either...lmao...jk just had to get you back real quick.

gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gera34

I think I am just getting old guys... maybe I should focus on my career and try to start a family now lol...

***gives the finger motion to his lady to come here**** and folds the computer down***

baller72

OMFG a family??? :S but youre only 22yr old... i mean, i have 20, and im focus on my career, but im not thinking in a family now, mbe when i have 27 - 28 cuz i still have things to do, like travel, partys, raves, (with my friends) jajaja thinks like that, but with a family is kind of hard to do that :S

and videogames going to be a part of my life, cuz i grow with them, but there are other priorities

Bruuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Bruuin
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

I'm not close to calling it quits, but I can certainly agree with the fact that games don't capture me in the same way that they used to. Perhaps it was a more vivid imagination or the impressionability of my youth, but I don't find that games grab a hold of me in quite the same way that they used to. There are two games that managed to strike a particular chord with me that have come out within the past year.

One of them is Bioshock. While the graphics or sound or gameplay or any other individual elements didn't really make an impression on me as singular parts, the combination of them all in tying together a fantastic story was what I found to make it one of the best 'recent' releases. It reminded me of what it was like to play Grim Fandango for the first time, where the game didn't seem to matter as much as the story, where something beyond racking up frags was driving me to finish it.

The second is Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. This game captures the spirit of Indiana Jones better than Harrison Ford himself! It has a fun (if not predictable) story, campy humour, characters that you really want to care about (Sullivan anyone?). Sure, some of the gameplay elements are taken straight from other games and the plot doesn't have an overwhelming feel of originality to it, but the overall package was just so much fun. That's the only way I can describe it, is that I just had a lot of fun while playing it. It felt like watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time all over again, only different and more interactive.

So ya.... that special feeling that you're referring to, I got with those two. I felt like a kid again, where I was amazed by what I was playing. It went beyond graphics or core game mechanics or anything like that. As astonishing as it may be to say (especially in the case of Uncharted), these two games didn't feel manufactured like so many other recent releases.

If you haven't played them, I'd certainly recommend either one, or better yet.... both!! Maybe you'll give them a go when MGS4 has given you a good run. :)

eric_bauer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 eric_bauer89
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
im getting the same kind of feeling as the original poster...now unless if kojima keeps makin MGS games (which he has said he wont) then ill keep goin but im 99% pos that the PS3 will be my final console...ive been with sony ever since my brother introduced me to MGS and i fell in love...MGS4 will def NOT be my last game i ever buy cause theres the GH games and i still need to get GTA4(no money is why i dont have it yet) and other great games soon to come but as of consoles...ps3 will most likely be my last
gamergeek545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#26 gamergeek545
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts
MGS and GoW (greek mythology fanatic) def give me that feeling, but I totally get what you are saying about SP dieing. That is why you need to divulge your time in some fun social games. I am 23, and kicking back with a bunch of friends, drinkin some beers, and playing mario kart wii, and smash bros. brawl is a blast. On the competative front, try getting into a game like Starcraft. I think your problem is that you have grown out of SP solo play. So now try competative play and social games. I almost quit gaming, but thanks to good old sc, and now the wii, I am still trucking...although I can't wait for MGS4 and GoW3.Dr_DudeMan
Wait you are drinkin a beer and playing Mario Kart Wii?I consider that drinking and driving if you ask me.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
I think a lot of people are getting that disappointment partly due to the fact that devs nowadays are so focusing on only great graphics and flashy multiplayer because the mass loves that and not so much on singleplayer that can move people and make them emotional like the ones the PS2 had. Some examples you guys would agree for sure: if you loved MGS you must have also felt a similar thing for FFX or KH. Its a big disappointment really and I understand what you're saying. Shame to see you end it here though, but I'm more inspired to become a dev than most people so I won't be quitting for a long time!!
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

i feel exactly as you, really we are twin souls :)

if you want to know wich games made me feel the spark check out my blog :)

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 baller72
[QUOTE="baller72"]

gera34

OMFG a family??? :S but youre only 22yr old... i mean, i have 20, and im focus on my career, but im not thinking in a family now, mbe when i have 27 - 28 cuz i still have things to do, like travel, partys, raves, (with my friends) jajaja thinks like that, but with a family is kind of hard to do that :S

and videogames going to be a part of my life, cuz i grow with them, but there are other priorities

No I am just playing about the family, but really this along with other things are some of the priorities that are changing for me... and I really hate it but I cant help it... unless a game comes along that engulfs me into the story besides MGS I dont see anything coming out that has me going crazy about it

Correction GOW3 and if it ever comes out Shenmue 3 will be my last games... but thats just because I need closure.... DANG you SHENMUE

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

Yeah you're right TC. NONE of these sequels to games I have grown to love and enjoy have gave me the same feeling as when they were new series to me. I'm not even just talking about this generation of gaming, but even towards the end of PS2 generation. Prime example was FFXII, which I didn't even play for more than about 10hrs. I wasn't even hype for the game, but I've loved and played all of them since FFVII, which was actually the first great RPG I played. Then GTAIV was not as great as people will have you believe, and neither is DMC4, when DMC3 just totally set the bar for the series. Gameplay-wise, DMC4 was a great game, (spoilers, minor) but the story was practically irrelevant, and left me thinking, okay Nero is cool, but there was no tie in to him and Dante like I expected or anything. (end minor spoiler). I just think after a while, you expect so much more, and these developers cannot deliver after a while. I do, however have faith in the MGS series, and MGS4 will be just as engaging and memorable as the others.

Na_G4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Na_G4life
Member since 2005 • 515 Posts

I know exactly what you mean!!

I'm 19 now and games just don't feel the same to me as they did before. I know that special feeling you speak of. I played uncharted, ratchet and clank, assassins creed, Gta 4 and all of that. They were fun. I just don't get the special feeling.

But, I'm heading into game development in college as a digital media major and I kinda get that special feeling when i think of making games. I wanna make games that give other people that great feeling.

I hope the absence of the special feeling is just a phase.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 baller72

Yeah you're right TC. NONE of these sequels to games I have grown to love and enjoy have gave me the same feeling as when they were new series to me. I'm not even just talking about this generation of gaming, but even towards the end of PS2 generation. Prime example was FFXII, which I didn't even play for more than about 10hrs. I wasn't even hype for the game, but I've loved and played all of them since FFVII, which was actually the first great RPG I played. Then GTAIV was not as great as people will have you believe, and neither is DMC4, when DMC3 just totally set the bar for the series. Gameplay-wise, DMC4 was a great game, (spoilers, minor) but the story was practically irrelevant, and left me thinking, okay Nero is cool, but there was no tie in to him and Dante like I expected or anything. (end minor spoiler). I just think after a while, you expect so much more, and these developers cannot deliver after a while. I do, however have faith in the MGS series, and MGS4 will be just as engaging and memorable as the others.

JCMac120

OMG you just summed up alot of my feelings about GTA, and DMC... I really dont play FF games... well I played FF10 by accident it was ok to me... but like I was saying man the DMC series has so much potential and I thought after DMC3 they finally figured it out story wise, but when they made 4 they just ignored the story and put in like u said excellent gameplay... But I mean all they had to do to make me consider this a great game was to tell us who the hell Nero was...

As for GTA4, I mean none of those games stories ever made me feel like oh wow, thats why I did not mention it in my original post, but it is still a great game... Another game I have to add which has done pretty well even though I dont fully understand it is Onimusha...

On a side note this Big mac I am eating is great

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 baller72
I think a lot of people are getting that disappointment partly due to the fact that devs nowadays are so focusing on only great graphics and flashy multiplayer because the mass loves that and not so much on singleplayer that can move people and make them emotional like the ones the PS2 had. Some examples you guys would agree for sure: if you loved MGS you must have also felt a similar thing for FFX or KH. Its a big disappointment really and I understand what you're saying. Shame to see you end it here though, but I'm more inspired to become a dev than most people so I won't be quitting for a long time!!PSdual_wielder
Actually I will be graduating with a Computer Science degree so I might just end up making games too... who knows
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 baller72

I'm 19 now and games just don't feel the same to me as they did before. I know that special feeling you speak of. I played uncharted, ratchet and clank, assassins creed, Gta 4 and all of that. They were fun. I just don't get the special feeling.

But, I'm heading into game development in college as a digital media major and I kinda get that special feeling when i think of making games. I wanna make games that give other people that great feeling.

Na_G4life
I eventually want to do that, but first I got to get this Computer Science degree and then go and get the computer engineering degree(very similar classes) this way I can have more control... right now I am 8 classes away from one degree, and will beging working and starting on my second degree...My dream is to be part of or own my own game company like Konami or capcom, but I know neither my programming skills nor hardware skills are on par for such a task as ownership... But I will be happy just working in the same field as those great companies... its called respect people...lol
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 baller72
oh yea good luck to everyone with school and career wise... just thought I throw that in there...
Na_G4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Na_G4life

JCMac120

I think you bring up a valid point. Expections have been high for many series and games that have come. I feel like hype is a dangerous thing and it is a growing factor in this new generation of gaming. Developers have to battle the hype that arises when games are announced and it seems like they can't fulfill these exaggerated expectations.

I do have faith in the MGS series as well. However, sometimes, the hype can seem to be too much, and makes me scared about how I will view the game when it is released.

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
I am calling it quits after this gen, games just don't have that feel anymore.
Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts
I know what you mean here man games just seem to be draggin their heels and just playing off their past success. But I have to say the one game I can, will, and always go back to is Earthbound. Earthbound is the game that got me hooked on gaming and I love it for that. However I must say that LittleBigPlanet has me gitty withexcitementthis year and last year Assassin's Creed blew me away, and that was a game I had been lookingforwardtoo for a year and those games are rarely as good as you anticipate. Here's hopin I have the same experience with LBP
Na_G4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Na_G4life
[QUOTE="Na_G4life"]

baller72

I eventually want to do that, but first I got to get this Computer Science degree and then go and get the computer engineering degree(very similar classes) this way I can have more control... right now I am 8 classes away from one degree, and will beging working and starting on my second degree...My dream is to be part of or own my own game company like Konami or capcom, but I know neither my programming skills nor hardware skills are on par for such a task as ownership... But I will be happy just working in the same field as those great companies... its called respect people...lol

I was originally a computer engineering major, but switched to Digital media and will be starting my first classes in that major in the fall. I think I'm going to minor in computer engineering.

I want to start my own company as well, I even made a logo for the company, and a name for it.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 baller72
[QUOTE="JCMac120"]

Na_G4life

I think you bring up a valid point. Expections have been high for many series and games that have come. I feel like hype is a dangerous thing and it is a growing factor in this new generation of gaming. Developers have to battle the hype that arises when games are announced and it seems like they can't fulfill these exaggerated expectations.

I do have faith in the MGS series as well. However, sometimes, the hype can seem to be too much, and makes me scared about how I will view the game when it is released.

I think it works two ways:

1) they like the hype because it gives them more intial sales. Especially if the game was never suppose to be that big in the first place...prime example I am sorry to say this but Haze. Haze I think will be a good game but people have put to much hype on it so therefore no matter what it does there will be sad faces and bad blogs about it everywhere. But do you think Ubisoft cares... umm no because they just see more sales for them.

2) Secondly they dont like it, because they know they can never live up to what the people are thinking. Prime example Halo 3. This game had the biggest hype ever.. I mean ever. and when it came out people were so upset. I think it was the worst one, but that had nothing to do with the hype I just hated the ending and secondly I felt it was a little rushed...

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 baller72
[QUOTE="baller72"][QUOTE="Na_G4life"]

Na_G4life

I was originally a computer engineering major, but switched to Digital media and will be starting my first classes in that major in the fall. I think I'm going to minor in computer engineering.

I want to start my own company as well, I even made a logo for the company, and a name for it.

Well if you get big make sure you remember me.... I will put in a resume...lol
Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Atheno
Member since 2004 • 1902 Posts
I know what you are saying to, in your first post. Our time is up, is some times the thing that goes through my mind. I mean all these new games I can't get into and I am only 20. I kick back and play Brawl like some others, but, video games are changing from what I grew up with, might be time to re-think time passers, and seek another hobby. That is for me though, you just need to find some other game or some other hobby.
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

Definetly get what your saying....I wish more developers out there would explore the games story more...and capture emotion an emotional feeling from it...for me the only games to do that was FF10 and MGS3...that quickly ruins it for other games because I always compare their emotional stories with them...never played FF7, so I can't say anything about it. Oooo I forgot Legend of the Dragoon was kickass too.

Im 22 years old and back in the day as a child with Mario, it was who could beat the game the most. I think...as children we are easier to please. Its harder now, we actually want some kind of satisfaction with games story, gameplay, and graphics.

arod04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 arod04
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts
i feel this way a bit as well,games to me have been like hands on movies. Like MGS and FF7. Im sure I will still enjoy the new titles but the feeling is not the same. I like to play online games like cod4 and fight night, even madden but for all of the hours I put in, what do I get out of it? Im almost 22 now and love to gamble. I was hoping there would be a way to gamble online games thru the ps wallet thing, this would be for fight night or madden, not really call of duty. that would give me a reason to game for sure. This is far fetched but it is an awesome idea for older gamers. for now i am really only excited for the big name games. Anyone think it would be possible to gamble on psn??
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 baller72

Definetly get what your saying....I wish more developers out there would explore the games story more...and capture emotion an emotional feeling from it...for me the only games to do that was FF10 and MGS3...that quickly ruins it for other games because I always compare their emotional stories with them...never played FF7, so I can't say anything about it. Oooo I forgot Legend of the Dragoon was kickass too.

Im 22 years old and back in the day as a child with Mario, it was who could beat the game the most. I think...as children we are easier to please. Its harder now, we actually want some kind of satisfaction with games story, gameplay, and graphics.

True-Legend86
I dont think that is too much to ask especially considering that games cost $60 now
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 baller72
i feel this way a bit as well,games to me have been like hands on movies. Like MGS and FF7. Im sure I will still enjoy the new titles but the feeling is not the same. I like to play online games like cod4 and fight night, even madden but for all of the hours I put in, what do I get out of it? Im almost 22 now and love to gamble. I was hoping there would be a way to gamble online games thru the ps wallet thing, this would be for fight night or madden, not really call of duty. that would give me a reason to game for sure. This is far fetched but it is an awesome idea for older gamers. for now i am really only excited for the big name games. Anyone think it would be possible to gamble on psn??arod04
no dude not unless every PS3 server was in Vegas..
Na_G4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Na_G4life
[QUOTE="Na_G4life"][QUOTE="JCMac120"]

baller72

1) they like the hype because it gives them more intial sales. Especially if the game was never suppose to be that big in the first place...prime example I am sorry to say this but Haze. Haze I think will be a good game but people have put to much hype on it so therefore no matter what it does there will be sad faces and bad blogs about it everywhere. But do you think Ubisoft cares... umm no because they just see more sales for them.

2) Secondly they dont like it, because they know they can never live up to what the people are thinking. Prime example Halo 3. This game had the biggest hype ever.. I mean ever. and when it came out people were so upset. I think it was the worst one, but that had nothing to do with the hype I just hated the ending and secondly I felt it was a little rushed...

I completely agree. All the new franchises rely totally on hype to get people to buy them. However, I think that if the cycle of hype and dissappointment continues, there will be alot of people calling it quits with video gaming.

I think there needs to be less advertising of games and more good games that come out slightly under the radar. Then they can be spread by word of mouth. However ICO was a gem that kind of stayed under the radar and never went big.

The answer to the problem of hype is not simple.

arod04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 arod04
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

[QUOTE="arod04"]i feel this way a bit as well,games to me have been like hands on movies. Like MGS and FF7. Im sure I will still enjoy the new titles but the feeling is not the same. I like to play online games like cod4 and fight night, even madden but for all of the hours I put in, what do I get out of it? Im almost 22 now and love to gamble. I was hoping there would be a way to gamble online games thru the ps wallet thing, this would be for fight night or madden, not really call of duty. that would give me a reason to game for sure. This is far fetched but it is an awesome idea for older gamers. for now i am really only excited for the big name games. Anyone think it would be possible to gamble on psn??baller72

wishful thinking i guess

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 baller72
[QUOTE="baller72"][QUOTE="Na_G4life"][QUOTE="JCMac120"]

Na_G4life

I completely agree. All the new franchises rely totally on hype to get people to buy them. However, I think that if the cycle of hype and dissappointment continues, there will be alot of people calling it quits with video gaming.

I think there needs to be less advertising of games and more good games that come out slightly under the radar. Then they can be spread by word of mouth. However ICO was a gem that kind of stayed under the radar and never went big.

The answer to the problem of hype is not simple.

exactly good point... another game like that was psychonauts... and you know what that is how DMC got popular in the US... and now look at it... We as gamespot to need figure this out.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 baller72

[QUOTE="baller72"][QUOTE="arod04"]i feel this way a bit as well,games to me have been like hands on movies. Like MGS and FF7. Im sure I will still enjoy the new titles but the feeling is not the same. I like to play online games like cod4 and fight night, even madden but for all of the hours I put in, what do I get out of it? Im almost 22 now and love to gamble. I was hoping there would be a way to gamble online games thru the ps wallet thing, this would be for fight night or madden, not really call of duty. that would give me a reason to game for sure. This is far fetched but it is an awesome idea for older gamers. for now i am really only excited for the big name games. Anyone think it would be possible to gamble on psn??arod04

wishful thinking i guess

have you tried the online poker game... it has a camera so its pretty cool... now if you are trying to get money for rent then I cant really help you there... I think in europe though they are gonna have games like that... cause I mean you can do anything there... did you know that they have ***shh come close...brothels where you can have sex with a girl****... lol