MGS 4 Going To 360

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Well considering those consoles break down all the time and they don't have all that many noteworthy games.. and they've had a year headstart.. isnt saying much.. it's a crapbox o_Ofinalfantasy94

Well it's a crapbox that leading the console war right now and taking alot of exclusives away from sony, facts are facts. the PS3 isn't selling much right now because "the crapbox" is actually delivering on whats it's promising it's consumers right now, sony isn't doing that at all, and do you think that MGS4 being released on the "crapbox" wouldn't sell more unit than on the PS3, there's probably over 11 million 360's in people's homes right now, and who know's how many more millions will be sold by the time that game comes out, lets be realistic, it will boost konami's sails considerably and would sell more on the "crapbox" than it would on the PS3. It's all in the numbers, and thats what counts in the business world.

Sony is getting things established. 360 is the leader because it was launched a year early! Look at facts. Sony's doing much better than 360 within the first few months. Outsold Wii and 360 in UK within the launch weekend and it launched in the UK and it wasnt even around a holiday when it was launched. Not to mention PS3 is getting much better games than the 360 within the first year. Even if MGS4 did go multiplatform, it wouldnt hurt PS3 because they have so many more NEW exclusive first party titles. And why isnt 360 COMPLETELY crushing the PS3 and Wii? They should have higher numbers by now ;)

Yea also if i'm right when 360 was launced it was a world wide launch right? When PS3 was launched it wasint a world wide launch so thats why the numbers were lower. Thats why now the numbers are starting to go up and up.

EXACTLY
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
[QUOTE="mjf249"]Who ever made this article is pretty stupid. Why? Because MGS4 will NEVER go to the 360. Why? Because it uses DVD9 discs. Kojima is already asking for a 50GB Blu-ray disk for MGS4. Not only that but the robotic drone can only be done on the PS3(according to Kojima). People need to get their facts straight.

Thats right I had forgot about the little robot
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Bladecutter56
Member since 2006 • 2081 Posts
hopefully it does go to the 360 becuase i dont see why it shouldnt. shouldnt everyone have the chance to experiance such a game. and it saves me 600 dollarsslayer423

Look what happened with DMC4. This would be worse if it went multiplatform, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on these forums went over to the 360 forums and gave the mods alot of work. O_o
kakarotxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 kakarotxiv
Member since 2003 • 3243 Posts
Hmm, slayer, ask that question to 360 fans.. about Gears, and Halo, shouldnt everyone have a chance to experience such games? It would save me 400 since I already have a ps3. The answer is: Everyone does deserve to experience the game.. thing is.. BUY THE PS3! We have to buy the CrapBox 360 to play Gears or Halo >_>E_x_i_l_e
you should take that up with their makers. we didn't bring mgs4 and dmc4 to the pc/360 they did. personally i don't mind seeing them go off to an inferior machine
potato66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 potato66
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts
kojima said it wouldent go to the xbox 360 he said its to big or somthing like that
punisher2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 punisher2k8
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts

here you go. we will have to wait till E3 for an offical word but looks and sounds official to me.

http://vgrc.ddstuff.com/articles-562.html

suzukigsxr
there's already a topic on this fanboy. that makes no sense. "they" say it will be release 6 months after PS3 release wich is april/may. But then they say they will make the anouncement in july?????? Show's you this is false... dumb xbox fans.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]If this was for real, wouldn't news be abound all over gaming sites about this?kakarotxiv

i recall ya'll saying the same for DMC4, now what happened to that?

DMC4 was announced the same way.

i knew this would happen.

DMC4 was announced as a PRESS RELEASE! and that is from an unkown homepage thats quoting stuff from last year and saying wait until E3. Anyone with a homepage can link rumors from the past and then say wait for the next game conference. and if they would maximize their sales and are going to release the mgs4 on the pc/360 after 6 month, is it smart to announce it before it releases on the ps3 or after ? Which one do you think? Which would maximize their sales?
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 slayer423
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts

[QUOTE="slayer423"]hopefully it does go to the 360 becuase i dont see why it shouldnt. shouldnt everyone have the chance to experiance such a game. and it saves me 600 dollarsfinalfantasy94

Ok if you say that then that means EVERY SINGLE 360 game should come out on ps3.

yea it should, that be coo
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

Sony is getting things established. 360 is the leader because it was launched a year early! Look at facts. Sony's doing much better than 360 within the first few months. Outsold Wii and 360 in UK within the launch weekend and it launched in the UK and it wasnt even around a holiday when it was launched. Not to mention PS3 is getting much better games than the 360 within the first year. Even if MGS4 did go multiplatform, it wouldnt hurt PS3 because they have so many more NEW exclusive first party titles. And why isnt 360 COMPLETELY crushing the PS3 and Wii? They should have higher numbers by now ;)

Yea also if i'm right when 360 was launced it was a world wide launch right? When PS3 was launched it wasint a world wide launch so thats why the numbers were lower. Thats why now the numbers are starting to go up and up.

In this console race, no one is going to crush anyone, each console is so close to each other, there isn't going to be 1 dominant console. But right now you don't see the 360 crushing the PS3, right now there's over 10 million 360's sold, there's probably close to 2 million PS3 sold, maybe 2.5 million. Thats a beating right now. But my point, which was missed by you was the fact that people are saying because the first MGS was released on the xbox and it sold horrible, MGS4 will flop too. There were millions more PS2's out there than there was xbox's, of course it wasn't going to sell that much. Now there's millions more 360's than there are PS3's and you think it would flop again? Let's be real, it would sell way more units on the 360 than it would on the PS3, thats was my point.
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 slayer423
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Well considering those consoles break down all the time and they don't have all that many noteworthy games.. and they've had a year headstart.. isnt saying much.. it's a crapbox o_OE_x_i_l_e

Well it's a crapbox that leading the console war right now and taking alot of exclusives away from sony, facts are facts. the PS3 isn't selling much right now because "the crapbox" is actually delivering on whats it's promising it's consumers right now, sony isn't doing that at all, and do you think that MGS4 being released on the "crapbox" wouldn't sell more unit than on the PS3, there's probably over 11 million 360's in people's homes right now, and who know's how many more millions will be sold by the time that game comes out, lets be realistic, it will boost konami's sails considerably and would sell more on the "crapbox" than it would on the PS3. It's all in the numbers, and thats what counts in the business world.

EXACTLY

your the biggest fanboy and nobody likes a immature fanboy
MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts
[QUOTE="suzukigsxr"]

here you go. we will have to wait till E3 for an offical word but looks and sounds official to me.

http://vgrc.ddstuff.com/articles-562.html

punisher2k8

there's already a topic on this fanboy. that makes no sense. "they" say it will be release 6 months after PS3 release wich is april/may. But then they say they will make the anouncement in july?????? Show's you this is false... dumb xbox fans.

lol i just read that on the other forum. yea kojima did say its too big and the drone would only work on ps3 and the 360 processor, in other words, would explode(not literaly) but yea hes already trying to get a 50 gb disc for mgs4. 360 dvds only hold 7gb......that would be a lot of discs... 

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Krigon
kojima said it wouldent go to the xbox 360 he said its to big or somthing like thatpotato66
They can compress lot of the stuff and release it on 2/3 Dvd's. Don't think anyone would mind switching Dvd's 2 times.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="slayer423"]hopefully it does go to the 360 becuase i dont see why it shouldnt. shouldnt everyone have the chance to experiance such a game. and it saves me 600 dollarsslayer423

Ok if you say that then that means EVERY SINGLE 360 game should come out on ps3.

To be honest I thought was going to be "OMFGBLABLABLAMG" lol:P. The reason it has to stay for PS3 is that the PS3 can get even more sells. More people bought 360 once gears was released since you cant get it on ps3. So MGS4 will most likely do the same.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
 Anyone here apart from me realise this is a April fools joke

1st April - an annonamous sourse saying 360 + PC versions of MGS4 in thw works ... says we have wait 2 months untill final annoucment ... hmm ...
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SmoothBrother1
[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Well considering those consoles break down all the time and they don't have all that many noteworthy games.. and they've had a year headstart.. isnt saying much.. it's a crapbox o_Oslayer423

EXACTLY

Are you calling me a fanboy?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="potato66"]kojima said it wouldent go to the xbox 360 he said its to big or somthing like thatKrigon
They can compress lot of the stuff and release it on 2/3 Dvd's. Don't think anyone would mind switching Dvd's 2 times.

I think it would be way more then 2 dvds.

slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 slayer423
yea it would just be missing certain stuff not that big of a deal but if it were to come out on the 360 or any console i think it would be a success beucase MGS4 is going to be amazing
lennygundam14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lennygundam14
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

i have had mine for close to a year and i have had no problems, and all systems break down, it all depends on how it was manuafactured. and just becuase it has a year ahead doenst mean its a crapbox, so shut up(i aint dissing ps3, becayse i wish i had one but cant afford it)slayer423

the fact of the matter is that microsoft rushed the system, which where bugged when they first released and the introduction  of the elite. So it is a Crapbox.  Beware of ICT by 2010

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SmoothBrother1
[QUOTE="slayer423"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="slayer423"]hopefully it does go to the 360 becuase i dont see why it shouldnt. shouldnt everyone have the chance to experiance such a game. and it saves me 600 dollarsfinalfantasy94

To be honest I thought was going to be "OMFGBLABLABLAMG" lol:P. The reason it has to stay for PS3 is that the PS3 can get even more sells. More people bought 360 once gears was released since you cant get it on ps3. So MGS4 will most likely do the same.

you do have a point there, it will sell more units if it stays exclusive.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 E_x_i_l_e
I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thing
soundthealarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 soundthealarm
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
APRIL FOOLS **** AHAHAHAH
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bladecutter56
We all know Exile is a fanboy, and, like all fanboys, needs to:

1) Have his fingers chopped off and his mouth sewn shut.
2) Die somewhere.
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
[QUOTE="slayer423"]i have had mine for close to a year and i have had no problems, and all systems break down, it all depends on how it was manuafactured. and just becuase it has a year ahead doenst mean its a crapbox, so shut up(i aint dissing ps3, becayse i wish i had one but cant afford it)E_x_i_l_e
I'm speaking in general, not saying yours has broke down.. but there's so many reported problems with the 360 breaking down etc .. PS3 has almost no reports of overheating/hardware failures, and I didn't say it was a crapbox cuz it had a year headstart.. i said it was a crapbox because it really only has one REAL noteworthy game for it within all that time.. and that's Gears of War.. there are a couple other good games (Dead Rising, Lost Planet) but by now it should've had so many more..

At gamespot.com there are 49 xbox 360 games with ratings with 8.0 or above. Some are muiltiplatform but nonethess it has a good libary.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SmoothBrother1

[QUOTE="slayer423"]i have had mine for close to a year and i have had no problems, and all systems break down, it all depends on how it was manuafactured. and just becuase it has a year ahead doenst mean its a crapbox, so shut up(i aint dissing ps3, becayse i wish i had one but cant afford it)lennygundam14

the fact of the matter is that microsoft rushed the system, which where bugged when they first released and the introduction  of the elite. So it is a Crapbox.  Beware of ICT by 2010

So you don't think there are some faulty PS3's out there?
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bladecutter56
I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingE_x_i_l_e

So I guess "Crapbox 360" is a non-fanboy name, right?
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Krigon
Just think about this. MGS cames are made for the PS consoles from the ground up. Would you rather have a port that may be twitchy or missing some features (Sixaxis/PSP connectivity and probably some other stuff) or would you rather have the game on the console it was ment for?
I know which one i would choose.
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 slayer423
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="slayer423"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="slayer423"]hopefully it does go to the 360 becuase i dont see why it shouldnt. shouldnt everyone have the chance to experiance such a game. and it saves me 600 dollarsSmoothBrother1

you do have a point there, it will sell more units if it stays exclusive.

yea i know what you mean but if it comes out for 360 it will probaly come out a long time after which means the ps3 will get its units sold, becuase i dont think real mgs4 fnas would wait six months for it to come out
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 E_x_i_l_e
[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingBladecutter56

I call it Crapbox, because I don't like it at all. o_O and it was more entertaining for me personally to type
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 slayer423
I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingE_x_i_l_e
going off facts?? um hello but reviews and the kind of games you like is not a rfact but an opinion and everyone has different opinions, your obviously 12 years old
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 slayer423
[QUOTE="Krigon"]Just think about this. MGS cames are made for the PS consoles from the ground up. Would you rather have a port that may be twitchy or missing some features (Sixaxis/PSP connectivity and probably some other stuff) or would you rather have the game on the console it was ment for?
I know which one i would choose.

yea but not everyone has a ps3 in their hands, if i had one then hell yea ill go for the ps3 version
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 slayer423
[QUOTE="slayer423"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Well considering those consoles break down all the time and they don't have all that many noteworthy games.. and they've had a year headstart.. isnt saying much.. it's a crapbox o_OSmoothBrother1

EXACTLY

Are you calling me a fanboy?

no not you im calling exiled
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 E_x_i_l_e
[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingslayer423
going off facts?? um hello but reviews and the kind of games you like is not a rfact but an opinion and everyone has different opinions, your obviously 12 years old

no I'm 15, and go around the web, there's facts that PS3 is doing better than 360 within the first few months, did better in UK than the wii and 360 on launch weekend http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25511125 ^ no need to argue numbers -_- and when I posted that I was going to post the numbers o_O guess I forgot to. Those were the facts I were going off. Not saying my opinion is fact that the PS3 is better
Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#84 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
This is fake becuase Sony has this game locked... If u read in gameinformer theres a little section were it says it, also Sony Pictures is making a movie for the game and i think that sort of means ther ein Sonys side still who know i Hope it doesent go to 360...
willforprez11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 willforprez11
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts

I think all the systems have their strengths and weaknesses  

Most of the people in this thread are so defensive about their PS3's and MGS4.

What does it matter?  PS3 owners are going to get to play it either way.

raystorm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 raystorm87
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts

this kind of thread pop up every 5 second

slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 slayer423
[QUOTE="slayer423"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingE_x_i_l_e

no I'm 15, and go around the web, there's facts that PS3 is doing better than 360 within the first few months, did better in UK than the wii and 360 on launch weekend http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25511125 ^ no need to argue numbers -_- and when I posted that I was going to post the numbers o_O guess I forgot to. Those were the facts I were going off. Not saying my opinion is fact that the PS3 is better

yea now you change what you said, cuase you said you like the ps3 better becuase your going off facts.
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bladecutter56
[QUOTE="Bladecutter56"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingE_x_i_l_e

I call it Crapbox, because I don't like it at all. o_O and it was more entertaining for me personally to type

Did it ever cross your mind that calling it a crapbox might offend the Xbox 360 fanboys and end up making one that read this topic go and tell his friends who will also come here, run off, tell their friends, start a massive flame war that could very well destroy the fabric of the universe!?

TEH APOCALYPSE!
Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#89 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
Lol Slayer just got owned ur sort of a noob dude.... PS3 is dong way better than 360 in the first few months not only that but the ps3 is 600 dollars if it was cheaper 360 would be like .. u know......dead..
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Bladecutter56
[QUOTE="slayer423"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]I'm a PS3 fan, but not a fanboy. I've played all 3 systems, and I like the PS3 the best. I'm also going off facts. Is it a crime to prefer a system over the others? No. 360 hasnt even appealed to me yet.. I've played gears of war and its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.. and Wii.. just isnt my thingE_x_i_l_e

I'd love to see unbiased links to said "facts" please.
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 slayer423
how did i get owned you retard i never said the 360  is better, and i never said anything bad about ps3. congratualtions the ps3 is doing better, that doenst mean you can say the x box is a "crapbox"
Xelis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Xelis
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts
If MGS4 was to goto the 360 then you would need 13 discs for it or you'll have a very cut down chopped up MGS4 for the 360. Either way it doesnt sound that fun to me.
slayer423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 slayer423
If MGS4 was to goto the 360 then you would need 13 discs for it or you'll have a very cut down chopped up MGS4 for the 360. Either way it doesnt sound that fun to me.Xelis
actually it be like 2 to 3 disks and i wouldnt mind getting up and switching it, sorry i dont weigh 500 pounds like you and to lazy to get off your sofa