Metal Gear SAGA 2.0 out in some stores!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

Some people already got their hands on the bonus DVD that you get when you pre-order MGS4. The DVD contains a code that will let you access and download the MGO BETA in APRIL 17th.

check out the pics:

Lucky bastard!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I might pre-order today.
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
Today I check my local GameStop because I also want to upgrade my pre order from normal to Limited Edition. I hope that Europe gets those DVD's as well.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgentH

Today I check my local GameStop because I also want to upgrade my pre order from normal to Limited Edition. I hope that Europe gets those DVD's as well. uRan_Ehr

They should.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I will be harassing Gamestop by this afternoon until the end of next week! They will hate me when I'm done. I want that MGS Saga DVD!!!
bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigburd
Member since 2004 • 1281 Posts
i called my 2 local gamestop's yesterday and they had no idea what im talking about, i even preordered the game a couple weeks ago, i hate morons that work places that have no concept of what they are selling.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AgentH

I will be harassing Gamestop by this afternoon until the end of next week! They will hate me when I'm done. I want that MGS Saga DVD!!!mrvic87

I want that more than you do!

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
I just came from my GameStop about an hour ago to pay off my LE, and they have no idea when they are getting Saga in. I am in Minnesota btw.
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
I think the gamestops/ebgames will get it next week, but my gamecrazys have them.
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts
I was going to preorder it at Gamestop, but they stopped me because I wasn't 17 at the time (I turn 17 next month). Before I left I asked if they had the Saga DVD yet, he had no idea what I was talking about. So I went to Gamecrazy instead, preordered the game with no hassle and got the DVD. It's official, I'm going to Gamecrazy for now on :)
phoonbaba098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 phoonbaba098
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
i called my 2 local gamestop's yesterday and they had no idea what im talking about, i even preordered the game a couple weeks ago, i hate morons that work places that have no concept of what they are selling.bigburd
Ever thought it was the publisher or shipper's fault? If Gamestop doesn't have a release date in their computer, what are the employees supposed to tell you? I hate 10 year old morons who cry when they don't get their beta disk.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

[QUOTE="bigburd"]i called my 2 local gamestop's yesterday and they had no idea what im talking about, i even preordered the game a couple weeks ago, i hate morons that work places that have no concept of what they are selling.phoonbaba098
Ever thought it was the publisher or shipper's fault? If Gamestop doesn't have a release date in their computer, what are the employees supposed to tell you? I hate 10 year old morons who cry when they don't get their beta disk.

It's okay if the employees don't know when they're getting the dvds; that's understandable. It's ridiculous when they don't even know about the pre-order bonus though.

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IppotheFighter
^^ or if you have a women asking if you want to preorder on the 360, then having to tell her its only on ps3.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AgentH

I was going to preorder it at Gamestop, but they stopped me because I wasn't 17 at the time (I turn 17 next month). Before I left I asked if they had the Saga DVD yet, he had no idea what I was talking about. So I went to Gamecrazy instead, preordered the game with no hassle and got the DVD. It's official, I'm going to Gamecrazy for now on :)shaza91

so how is it without spoiling plz? :D

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CJL182

^^ or if you have a women asking if you want to preorder on the 360, then having to tell her its only on ps3.IppotheFighter

Hey, there are a bunch of male employees that don't know anything either. When I went to reserve MGS4 on the first day, I had to tell the guy that I wanted to reserve "MGS4" like 3 times. After searching, he still didn't know what I was talking about, so I had to tell him the full title. Finally, he asked me "What system do you want to reserve it for?" despite the fact that there should have only been one SKU that came up at the time...

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Ok Ill be back lol. I got to go see if I can for sure pre order the LE.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

[QUOTE="IppotheFighter"]^^ or if you have a women asking if you want to preorder on the 360, then having to tell her its only on ps3.CJL182

Hey, there are a bunch of male employees that don't know anything either. When I went to reserve MGS4 on the first day, I had to tell the guy that I wanted to reserve "MGS4" like 3 times. After searching, he still didn't know what I was talking about, so I had to tell him the full title. Finally, he asked me "What system do you want to reserve it for?" despite the fact that there should have only been one SKU that came up at the time...

lol thats kind alike when I saw Killzone 2 in the Gamestop pre order list booklet,,,, last year! But it was in and out. They get all kinds of crazy info. And your right. ALot of those guys are one or two game falo/FPS players. And have no clue. Not all, but a good %

phoonbaba098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 phoonbaba098

[QUOTE="phoonbaba098"][QUOTE="bigburd"]i called my 2 local gamestop's yesterday and they had no idea what im talking about, i even preordered the game a couple weeks ago, i hate morons that work places that have no concept of what they are selling.CJL182

It's okay if the employees don't know when they're getting the dvds; that's understandable. It's ridiculous when they don't even know about the pre-order bonus though.

Site says pre-order bonus comes when the final game ships. Employees shouldn't take the heat for that.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CJL182
[QUOTE="CJL182"]

[QUOTE="phoonbaba098"][QUOTE="bigburd"]i called my 2 local gamestop's yesterday and they had no idea what im talking about, i even preordered the game a couple weeks ago, i hate morons that work places that have no concept of what they are selling.phoonbaba098

Site says pre-order bonus comes when the final game ships. Employees shouldn't take the heat for that.

That's only for online purchases from the site because I'm pretty sure they don't want to ship the bonus dvd and the game to you separately since it'll cost more. From calling the stores near me and reading people's experiences at their stores, it seems that a good number of employees (at least managers) know that the dvd is shipping before the actual game and that it comes with a key to the beta. Some people who supposedly work at Gamestop have even said that they have received info on the dvd from HQ a couple weeks ago.

phoonbaba098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 phoonbaba098
[QUOTE="phoonbaba098"][QUOTE="CJL182"]

[QUOTE="phoonbaba098"][QUOTE="bigburd"]i called my 2 local gamestop's yesterday and they had no idea what im talking about, i even preordered the game a couple weeks ago, i hate morons that work places that have no concept of what they are selling.CJL182

That's only for online purchases from the site because I'm pretty sure they don't want to ship the bonus dvd and the game to you separately since it'll cost more. From calling the stores near me and reading people's experiences at their stores, it seems that a good number of employees (at least managers) know that the dvd is shipping before the actual game and that it comes with a key to the beta. Some people who supposedly work at Gamestop have even said that they have received info on the dvd from HQ a couple weeks ago.

I don't see what the problem is then. People just need to be patient. If they don't have a date for the disk why does it matter if some of them don't know theres a pre-order special. A pre-order is a pre-order and thats exactly what I got when I went. If I don't get the disk so be it. I'm done.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CJL182

I don't see what the problem is then. People just need to be patient. If they don't have a date for the disk why does it matter if some of them don't know theres a pre-order special. A pre-order is a pre-order and thats exactly what I got when I went. If I don't get the disk so be it. I'm done.phoonbaba098

People are obsessive compulsive over this thing. When they handed out the first volume of MGS:Saga, it was handled quite poorly. Some stores just handed them out to people who didn't even pre-order and weren't asked to show proof that they did, which resulted in some people who did pre-order not getting a bonus dvd. If the employees at the store actually know what I'm talking about, then I feel more comfortable in pre-ordering there since they have a system set in place as to who recieves this 2nd dvd. Besides that issue, MGS4 is one of the most anticipated titles of the year, and every employee should know details associated with the game. As I said before, it's reasonable if they don't know an exact ship date for the dvd because it depends on when and where they ship from, but they should at least know that the damn thing exists and who gets it.

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts
i will preorder the limited edition on saturday.
harb10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 harb10
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts

Im getting mine hahaha.

Think you got skateboard talent? VISIT http://www.millionairephoto.com/

capturing perfection!

Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
the gamestop that I ordered from said they are getting theirs next week on their air freight. so it looks like soon enough Ill be getting it.
shaunsdu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shaunsdu
Member since 2003 • 75 Posts

In response to phoonbaba098's statement:

I never pre-order ANYTHING unless there is some sort of bonus that comes with the pre order, or it is a limited edition. I never understood people who pre order games that have no incentive for pre ordering. There is no point. Usually, you can just walk into your local Best Buy, let alone GameStop or EB and just pick it up.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

I never pre-order ANYTHING unless there is some sort of bonus that comes with the pre order, or it is a limited edition. I never understood people who pre order games that have no incentive for pre ordering. There is no point. Usually, you can just walk into your local Best Buy, let alone GameStop or EB and just pick it up.

shaunsdu

you mean anything cept game consoles

Izzy12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Izzy12345
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Hey,

I pre-ordered mine on Valentine's Day while on a date with my girlfriend :). I ordered it at a Gamestop (Canada),after the details of the saga dvd came out I went back and they were ignorant to the whole thing. I really don't care about the dvd, the trailers are online and the stuff about the characters can be found online, I just want to join the Beta.

I found out that people started getting them yesterday and I called them today.They said that they were getting them but that they would call people in order of who pre-ordered first. This sounded fishy to me so I called later from my friend's house and I asked if they got them? The dude was like no, so I said when are you getting them and he was like next week. I then asked well can I come by and he's like yes. So what's the deal I guess I have to go next week and annoy them till I get it.

Also this is the first game that I pre-order, do you think I can just go there June 12th and pick it up or do I have to wait for them to call me?

phoonbaba098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 phoonbaba098

[QUOTE="phoonbaba098"].CJL182

Some stores just handed them out to people who didn't even pre-order and weren't asked to show proof that they did, which resulted in some people who did pre-order not getting a bonus dvd.

If that is true, thats pretty bad. Thats common sense. Not knowing about an offer before the store gets their facts is different though. The only way the employees would have known weeks in advance is to search it up on the net. Only recently have retailers been poking their heads up and saying they'll have it soon.

shaunsdu
I never said people pre-order for no reason. I got the limited if thats what you wanted to know. I said if I don't get the limited first come first serve saga dvd I wouldn't care. It's not part of the $85.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
No you don't! :P

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]I will be harassing Gamestop by this afternoon until the end of next week! They will hate me when I'm done. I want that MGS Saga DVD!!!AgentH

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AgentH
No you don't! :P[QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]I will be harassing Gamestop by this afternoon until the end of next week! They will hate me when I'm done. I want that MGS Saga DVD!!!mrvic87

Oh yes I do! I am the #1 MGS FAN in the world and someone here on GameSpot called me the KING of MGS! :P

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

Already got my code for free.

http://boards.1up.com/zd/board/message?board.id=games&message.id=645659

leovieyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 leovieyra
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
THANKS FOR SHARING SHABAB12 I GOT MINE
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

THANKS FOR SHARING SHABAB12 I GOT MINEleovieyra

no problem mate

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IppotheFighter
I bet if it was a halo game the gamestop employees would know every little bonus it had.Most of the employees in my area don't even keep track of ps3 games just 360 ones.I went to change my preorder to the LE a few days ago, and asked me what system i wanted to preorder mgs4 on wtf is that.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

I'm going to go check if my EB games has it sometime soon.

If I get it, I'll post pictures, videos, etc

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IppotheFighter
^^ check gamecrazy they have it.
phoonbaba098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 phoonbaba098

Already got my code for free.

http://boards.1up.com/zd/board/message?board.id=games&message.id=645659

shabab12
Good stuff. Thanks for the link. I knew there would be someone crazy and awesome enough to find away around things. Looks like most people should be able to sleep now.
Izzy12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Izzy12345
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

The Japanese work around might not work I got the Beta code just now and if you look for instructions on the MGO site after that you used the Beta code you need to use something called a "Game ID".

Would anyone know how to get that I tried on the site and it does not work.

Thanks in advance.

phoonbaba098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 phoonbaba098

The Japanese work around might not work I got the Beta code just now and if you look for instructions on the MGO site after that you used the Beta code you need to use something called a "Game ID".

Would anyone know how to get that I tried on the site and it does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Izzy12345
I'm sure Game ID refers to your Japanese PSN account. As long as you have the code and a Japanese PSN account you should be good to go. I translated the part where I saw Game ID and all it said was KONAMI ID and Game ID are free. I'm sure they're referring to Game ID as a PSN ID. All you have to do come the beta release is input that 12 digit beta code under your account settings. Then the beta should appear in the Japanese PSN store. They most likely did it this way so they don't tease the people who didn't get a code since they won't see it.
CrAzED_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 CrAzED_MOFO
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
i got my saga 2.0 dvd i annoyed my gamestop so much they said they would call me and i made them do some research on it even though he was an xbox fan i live in arizona
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
does EB Games offer this in Canada?
WalterQ26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WalterQ26
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

cant wait to play this!!

anyone check the classified sites (craigslist, cliQs.com) ? to see if anyone already has them going online.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Sounds cool, but I never preorder games.
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
I should really start pre ordering it then since it's the last installment.
NeoOne001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NeoOne001
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
so is there a cutoff date to be able to get this mg saga dvd?my preorder was december of last year so that should be early enough right.
Randy_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Randy_Savage
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

so is there a cutoff date to be able to get this mg saga dvd?my preorder was december of last year so that should be early enough right.NeoOne001

You should be fine. I preordered mine last month and was able to pick up my Metal Gear Saga 2.0 yesterday :D