Metal Gear 4 Online

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts
What is it like? Is it any good?
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
It's average. Can be fun.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
Don't buy the game just for the online, if that's what you're thinking of doing. It's a bit of a gimmick compared to the single player.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Metal Gear 4 doesn't exist 0_o...
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
it suck the online is crap the single player is sick
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 snakehips57

Don't buy the game just for the online, if that's what you're thinking of doing. It's a bit of a gimmick compared to the single player.ash10692

I wasn't going to, I just wondered if it is any good, and obviously not.

Metal Gear 4 doesn't exist 0_o...Silent-Hal

Your comment was neither clever nor helpful.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
dont buy the game just for online but if u do the online is pretty fun i love it and thats alot for me to say since i really dont like online im more of a single player guy
themm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 themm
Member since 2004 • 2605 Posts
Online's good. Can get addicting...at least for me. Play the single player though as well.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
Just like Metal Gear Solid 4.. MGO is for the true Metal Gear Solid fan.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

Just like Metal Gear Solid 4.. MGO is for the true Metal Gear Solid fan. sinistergoggles

Because only a fan can overlook the flaws? Because the nostalgia outweighs its flaws? What?

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
the online is fun. the single player is the best game ever. people are only complaining because it was getting 10/10 like gta 4 but people who moan about mgs4 are in the minority.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shadowkiller11

[QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]Just like Metal Gear Solid 4.. MGO is for the true Metal Gear Solid fan. pyromaniac223

Because only a fan can overlook the flaws? Because the nostalgia outweighs its flaws? What?

its an opinion. like your first comment that i disagree with.
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 snakehips57

Online's good. Can get addicting...at least for me. Play the single player though as well. themm

I'm getting a lot of mixed reviews, so I'll have to decide for myself I guess. I loved MGS1 for the PSX, thought 2 was great, but never played 3 seeing as I never owned a Ps2.

Also loving the Sig themm :)

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shadowkiller11
for online its a mix bag of views as for single player the best game ever and alot agree or agree is an amazing game.
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 snakehips57

for online its a mix bag of views as for single player the best game ever and alot agree or agree is an amazing game.shadowkiller11

What makes you think it is the best game ever?

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

I have a lot of fun in mgo...

but don't expect to be able to differentiate between noobs and pros since anyone can just walk into the game and deliver head shots like hotcakes...

after a lot of playing in mgo , it's safe for me to assume that (if you're lucky enough to play in a team that focuses a lot on teamwork) you could very well have one of the best online experiences ever, but if you're playing team deathmatch where everyone is going rambo....it ends up being a game based on luck rather than skill. >.>

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shadowkiller11

[QUOTE="shadowkiller11"]for online its a mix bag of views as for single player the best game ever and alot agree or agree is an amazing game.snakehips57

What makes you think it is the best game ever?

grat story, great charaters, great gameplay, lots of replay value. and this time you can go strealthy or go more action packed. this game is hard to put down. and alot agree thats its atleast a great game.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

I definitely didn't like it, singleplayer is a billion times better.

I might give it another try though.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I have a lot of fun in mgo...

but don't expect to be able to differentiate between noobs and pros since anyone can just walk into the game and deliver head shots like hotcakes...

after a lot of playing in mgo , it's safe for me to assume that (if you're lucky enough to play in a team that focuses a lot on teamwork) you could very well have one of the best online experiences ever, but if you're playing team deathmatch where everyone is going rambo....it ends up being a game based on luck rather than skill. >.>

verbalfilth

Yeah, when you actually have a good team its a lot of fun. But if you people that think they can take down the entire team single handed...well, it might not be as much fun then.

I have always had a lot of fun with it. As long as you don't think of it as a run-and-gun sort of game you should have fun with it.

handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
It depends on how well you are to addapt to Head shots and allot of try and error. If you manage to be on top 5 first time you play (Note that you start on LvL 1 cap servers so most are noobs like your self or some hardcore gamers with a new account) but as i said if you manage to Be on top 5 first try you would most definetly like the game at once. If not you have to work your way in to liking the game... as you get better by time
nightcrawlerrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nightcrawlerrr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

tbh, its a as big a disappointment as mgs4 was a success.

it had so much potential but MGO i think gets dull after awhile. If you like to run and gun. then theres tons of better games.

the lag is a pain if you want to get serious.. however ive heard ethernet is a lot more speedy.

not sure what its lacking but for a mgs online game it kinda stinks. Theres nothing that helps players cater to a certain style type. The areas often are fustrating. like higher areas have railing... so if your a sniper they more often then not get very fustrating. Getting knocked out is worse then dying. lagging is often fustrating as some players get a magic force field that prevents headshots. CQC is next to impossible unless you level it. the game system is also stupid... considering all the weapons and tactics you can do ingame... there maybe 5% that can be applied to the online game... realisticly anyway....

If you want to get mgs just for mgo.. forget it... but you should pick up metal gear for the single player story mode.. its spawned its own genre for a reason. ;)

awesome story game... crap online game.

theres so many polished shooters... mgo just pales in comparision trying to beat these established titles at their own game.

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snakehips57

If you want to get mgs just for mgo.. forget it... but you should pick up metal gear for the single player story mode.. its spawned its own genre for a reason.nightcrawlerrr

I am honestly not getting it for the online, I just wondered how it fared seeing as a lot of big games that never had online capability beforehand do not have really good multiplayer when they apply it. GTA4 comes to mind.

metalgear-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 metalgear-s
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts
It's awesome. Way better than CoD4.
Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Leflur

can sum1 tell me how to get da flyin squrill, my friend said u need 10 rolls per round, iv done 540 rounds and 7000 rolls an still aint got it, hlp plz

rued2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rued2k6
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
i think it is better than COD4 and rainbow six vegas.
dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Its amazing , so much to do, alot of cool game modes that are really different from eachother!
Im surprised to see people not liking the online :P, i thought it was pretty good, better than COD4 for me!

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 snakehips57

can sum1 tell me how to get da flyin squrill, my friend said u need 10 rolls per round, iv done 540 rounds and 7000 rolls an still aint got it, hlp plz

Leflur

English on these forums would be nice :)

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 snakehips57

Its amazing , so much to do, alot of cool game modes that are really different from eachother!
Im surprised to see people not liking the online :P, i thought it was pretty good, better than COD4 for me!

dmc_freak978

Then it must be good, I loved COD4, but I guess it all comes down to opinion.

Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Leflur
yea watevr can sum1 jus tell me wat i gotta do 2 get flyin squrill
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

yea watevr can sum1 jus tell me wat i gotta do 2 get flyin squrillLeflur

Just keep rolling or tackling people with rolls, you're bound to get it eventually...

I'm kinda in your shoes...spent a lot ( and I do mean a lot) of time trying to get the pigeaon rank...event want into tranq specific rooms for quite sometime to try and to earn it...I've also tried to get several other ranks but all I have is the eagle rank..and that's it. >.>

I think it has to do with your kill/death ratio....perhaps the more people you knockout with rolls the higher your chance of getting it.

the same way you earn the sloth if your death count through headshots surpasses your kill count through headshots?

Just an assumption.

Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Leflur

thanks im also tryin 2 get lv3 everything so far i hav

lv3:CQC,Scanner,Pistol,Sniper,Quarterback,Instructor,Hawkeye,Trickster and 6th Sense. :D

which took me ages and im still nowhere near where i wanna be. if any1 wants tips ill help u

handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
Heh, i have Lvl 3 in: CQC, Runner, Instructor, Assault, Blade and SMG
Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Leflur
mgo is gr8 an u meet alot of people 2. But da gr8est aspect of it all is definatly 1 player there is such a satisfyin feelin wen u sneak ur way by an intense battle on the boss extream. there isnt alot of stealth in mgo except for in tsne which is gr8.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#34 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Yeah, if there are good players who care more about enjoying the game than getting their score. You can play in first or third person, you can choose skills and work as a team or go off and play solo away from your teammates (deathmatch is an option). There are other modes like where one plays as Old Snake and gets dog tags from opposing teams without dying. Fun game, just don't get trapped by spawnkillers.
Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Leflur
u can set up clans too an keep in touch wit ur members an bein able 2 talk 2 people witout hedsets is cool 2. but 1 thing that gets every player is emblems and how to get them wich is really frustrating but still fun
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snakehips57
Sounds great
Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Leflur
MGS4 is worth every penny no question
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
its okay
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

MGS4 is my choice for best game ever. MGO is one of my favorite online games ever. The important thing for anyone who's concerned about it is that it's really, really different from the other online shooters on the market today. If you think you'll like it because you enjoy CoD4, Resistance, SOCOM, or Rainbow Six Vegas, you might want to think twice.

The pace is consciously much slower and it's almost impossible to play it "run and gun" style. The reason for this (and the reason I love it so much) is that it's intended to be playable in many different ways, much like the single player game. I've had many matches where I came out as the game's MVP and I get 90% of my kills with a combination of sneaking and a knife. I've played other people who only use the M4 and I've been owned by guys who exclusively use pistols. The game is all about teamwork (unless it's deathmatch, which someone mentioned above) and really playing the game how you want to. It's not an online shooter. It's an online action game. To be specific, it's an online Metal Gear Solid 4 so the way you like to play MGS4 will most likely be the way you'd want to play this.IF you think you'd like that, then go for it.

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

Metal Gear Online is very good! You DONT have to be a true MGS fan to enjoy it, theres not to much involved with the actual storyline, I mean the maps are from the story, but nothing from the story itself! You create your own character and you can get reward points to get new cloths, camos, etc for your character! Its kinda like Warhawk that takes a little skill, I was a beast at Warhawk and ill admit it... its probably the easiest game online for the PS3! MGO takes skill and is totally unique... the people who say that MGO is not good obviously just got tired of getting owned and I understand!

Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Leflur
my all time fav thing about mgo is stunnin sum1 an constantly t-baggin them. an i think mgs1 was da best mgs it had da best bosses
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

A little more information on the game:

• Graphically it's stunning. Most other online games that have single player components dumb down the visuals for the online mode. That's not the case here. All the amazing MGS4 camera effects and sound effects are present in MGO.
  • It contols identically to the single player game.
  • For some reason, it doesn't adopt your PS3 friends list. You have to add people specifically in MGO as buddies.
  • You can customize weapons and skills. Skill customization is actually pretty cool. You gain levels and get experience as well as gaining new abilities for levelling up skills.
  • There are incentives in the single player game for playing the game online, but I won't really get into those because they're potential spoilers.
Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Leflur
sum people also set up little trainin games r games where they change da rules 2 mak dem better lik 1 i did in sne matchs snake is an assassinan must kill da leaders of blu an red team blu an red do not attack each other and only hav stun weapons and snake only has his knife which is a really awe some game
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I find it really fun. I wish more people played with skill/used teamwork though:P
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 snakehips57
Looks like I'll definately pick up a copy with my PS3 next week then!
Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
MGO is fun, but I think the single player is what you should buy it for.
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

dont expect ot be able to play for an hour after you get it, teh setup is forever.

the game after it gets set up is well done, but its definately an acquired taste

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
the end was the best boss.
pinoyboy10893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pinoyboy10893
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts

is there ranking like call of duty or something diffrent

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
I like it alot, but the online system run by konami is absolute ****, plus many people are starting to glitch, stat boost, and exploit items, like the box. I just hopes konami fixes all thats wrong with it, since the MGS3 version was the best online game I have ever played.