Mag is bad because???? (besides graphics)

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

I want to know why other people dislike this game?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

LAG....I mean MAG(joking) is ok.I thought it was solid....nothing revolutionary...just solid.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 baller72

Yea I agree... I for one love the team factor, because I have yet to see a game this generation offer that on consoles. But just like you said a solid game... however I wonder what is everyone's beef about it.

I know my beef right now is the price... but I havent played the full game yet so that might quickly change.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

LAG....I mean MAG(joking) is ok.I thought it was solid....nothing revolutionary...just solid.

MarcRecon

These were my thoughts. I thought it was good.

Nothing revolutionary, but solid online game play. The complete lack of single player really bothers me. I doubt I'm getting it, but it really isn't "bad". I'm just waiting for Bad Company 2 (and probably getting it on PC).

Giangio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Giangio
Member since 2003 • 11759 Posts
Because the average person online has no interest in playing as a team.
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

When I played the beta, I didn't feel like I was in a 256 person battle because different squads just run to the same place after spawn each time. I thought it was okay, not terrible.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
I personally think the shooting mechanics and gameplay is just god-awful. I am pretty sure people aren't there complaing about the graphics since its obvious they have to reduce them in order for 256 players....although warhawk wasn't 256 players...the graphics still had some style and the gameplay is amazing.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 baller72

ok

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I wonder what is everyone's beef about it.

baller72

From what I been hearing/reading...it's been 50-50. Some like it, some don't. I think it will get an 8.0 or MAYBE an 8.5 at best.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Zipper made it

It's a cheap and poor rip off of Battlefield

It's only selling point is "256 players!":roll: lol

Molotovrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Molotovrock
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
How is MAG a rip-off of battlefield? IF anything, it plays like socom but in first person. Which Zipper happens to make. Now that would make more sense.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

How is MAG a rip-off of battlefield? IF anything, it plays like socom but in first person. Which Zipper happens to make. Now that would make more sense.Molotovrock

Not even close..

Thesahandbfhf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thesahandbfhf
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts
its just......stale. very stale man. the graphics aren't great, customization isn't anything new, and the guns don't feel awesome like in MW2 nor do is there killzone/uncharted-esque mapping etc. Now, perhaps these critiques are a bit harsh, but each comes with its own game that excels in the respective area: guns: MW2 lag-freeness: MW2 maps: MW2/Killzone/Uncharted Graphics: U2/MW2/Killzone so besides having a buttload of people in one game, what does MAG bring to the table? in my mind, not much. i think it was a wrong move to let out so much beta play: we saw what the game was actually like. (just my opinion! don't hurt me!)
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
its just......stale. very stale man. the graphics aren't great, customization isn't anything new, and the guns don't feel awesome like in MW2 nor do is there killzone/uncharted-esque mapping etc. Now, perhaps these critiques are a bit harsh, but each comes with its own game that excels in the respective area: guns: MW2 lag-freeness: MW2 maps: MW2/Killzone/Uncharted Graphics: U2/MW2/Killzone so besides having a buttload of people in one game, what does MAG bring to the table? in my mind, not much. i think it was a wrong move to let out so much beta play: we saw what the game was actually like. (just my opinion! don't hurt me!)Thesahandbfhf
I would say lag free would go to MAG bc in the beta I rarely noticed any and it had more people playing than MW2.
Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts

The beta was fun, and solid. Not amazing, but fun

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

add what everyone said and add in, you have to switch to your gernade just to toss it..(SWITCH). you can't just push R2 or l2 and throw it.. how lame is that. plus there was like i second or two delay when you throw it but im sure that will be fixed .. also add.. mics.. in the beta i think it was 30/30 or it could of been 60/60. i cant remember but i only heard about 3 to 4 people talking.. wtf lol

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 baller72

Ok none of the issues on here gain any points with me.

MAG brings a great sense of team to the table and communication. Without that granted the game will be awefull. Call of duty and killzone is not any fun anymore to me because it just seems like mindless killing. There is no overall goal.

Agreed MAG should come with mics since it is a $60 value game.

And the grenade issue is no problem with me. I like the fact you have to switch to a grenade to throw it... this way you will not just have a grenade fest all the time plus it is more realistic... I mean I find it hilarious sometimes how you can be carring a rocket launcher in some games and be able to jump a then just toss a grenade in a split second.

I understand ya'll beef with it though. It is just not for everyone.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 baller72

add what everyone said and add in, you have to switch to your gernade just to toss it..(SWITCH). you can't just push R2 or l2 and throw it.. how lame is that. plus there was like i second or two delay when you throw it but im sure that will be fixed .. also add.. mics.. in the beta i think it was 30/30 or it could of been 60/60. i cant remember but i only heard about 3 to 4 people talking.. wtf lol

iamshivy

The reason that you can only hear 3 or 4 people is because you can only hear your squad members... then if you are a squad leader you can hear other leaders.. it is just a chain of command.

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts

MAG is bad because it doesn't play like COD and everyone knows all good fps are suppose to. Its obvious that any fps that requires teamwork, has weapon recoil, no regenerating health, or anythings else outside the COD formula is gonna suck.:lol:

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Idont think its bad per se its just.....meh.

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

MAG brings a great sense of team to the table and communication. Without that granted the game will be awefull. Call of duty and killzone is not any fun anymore to me because it just seems like mindless killing. There is no overall goal.

And the grenade issue is no problem with me. I like the fact you have to switch to a grenade to throw it... this way you will not just have a grenade fest all the time plus it is more realistic... I mean I find it hilarious sometimes how you can be carring a rocket launcher in some games and be able to jump a then just toss a grenade in a split second.

baller72

What are you talking about? Especially at the lower levels, nobody felt the need to cooperate. Face it, the majority cares more about fulfilling individual goals than working as a team to execute strategies and pull off a victory. When half of the players don't see the value of teamwork, then there is no point in playing a game with shallow shooting mechanisms and graphics which are nothing special.

Obviously, some of the more dedicated players willing to work as a team will be prevalent as you get to a higher level match. But still, as far as lower levels go it's a bunch of players running around shooting each other in what can be described as a mediocre shooter at best.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
Personally I love Mag... with that being said I think that most people dont like it because of the framerate. People want to turn very fast like in halo or modern warfare...and if they have to adjust the default settings to accomplish this "feeling" it will feel as though the game itself was set up improperly. They want that "turn fast" mechanism without any adjustments being made. I also think that people think mag is bad because a lot of people are used to being a "rambo" running and gunning their way around the map. You wont see people running around knifing everyone like crazy...(mw2)....or see people jumping all over the place at high heights (halo)....and your life will not regenerate right away....or your shields for that matter.... The main issue i think people have a hard time adjusting to is the realism or difficulty of this game. TEAMwork is a must to succeed. Personal success isn't the top priority (as the top killer in Mag will not beat out the top Medic in scores most of the time). People that arent used to a lvling system also may have a hard time understanding mag. Judging a LVL 1 medic (who doesnt even have a revive kit yet) and saying that tmedics suck without having reached their basic potential (the ability to revive some1) isnt a fair evaluation... Games with a leveling system take time to blossom...as you will see the fruits of your labor the higher you get in lvl. Games like MW2 or Halo have lvling systems but they are more in terms of RANK and GUN unlocks where as MAGS LVLs actually increase the performance of your CLASS...so if your not used to Classes and LVLing systems combined you can get the wrong impression of mag...and first impressions are huge. Another reason people might have hated mag is because when the beta had been released to the public a lot of people didnt know what they were doing...as far as objectives go....and it was chaotic. People werent playing their roles... It would be as if a running back decided to kick a field goal...and offensive lineman decided to run the football....and the kicker decided to coach the game... -_- A poor new player wouldve joined a game...saw how wild it was...saw how weak a lvl 1 medic is...and judged the game right off of that. I like to believe that mag improves over time. The community as a whole will grow in skill and you will see more competitve games down the rode instead of pure chaos. Other than these reasons i cant see why people would hate mag..i mean they ARE trying to revolutionize FPS games...if this 256 player game fails...think about what other companies will say when they wish to do something new.... example : "LETS MAKE A NEW 500 player FPS...! - worker "*cough** "remember mag.....256 fail?" -boss Mag is a doorway game....and its a great game as well!
asdasdrgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 asdasdrgr
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts
Because the average person online has no interest in playing as a team.Giangio
This.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
I tried to like it but it wasn't fun. That's why it's bad, it was work, not fun.
SamGv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SamGv
Member since 2007 • 1102 Posts

it isn't codmw2 therefor it's bad.

- The game takes skill, unlike MW2.

- The game doesn't have instant health regeneration like MW2

- The game doesn't AIM for you like MW2 does, seriously the aim assist is so insane the game plays itself.

Therefor it's a terrible game that will be lost and forgotten.

/sarcasm

Truly though, MAG will revolutionize tactical shooters. It has already upped the bar, BF:BC2 looks and feels completely dull and stale compared to MAG. Not to mention it reminds me of Planetside which makes it an instant win.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

People complaining about lack of teamwork or mikes need to get some friends to play with. When me and my clan take over a squad and all heal and communicate together the game is simply amazing.

lazzy102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 lazzy102
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

it isn't codmw2 therefor it's bad.

- The game takes skill, unlike MW2.

- The game doesn't have instant health regeneration like MW2

- The game doesn't AIM for you like MW2 does, seriously the aim assist is so insane the game plays itself.

Therefor it's a terrible game that will be lost and forgotten.

/sarcasm

Truly though, MAG will revolutionize tactical shooters. It has already upped the bar, BF:BC2 looks and feels completely dull and stale compared to MAG. Not to mention it reminds me of Planetside which makes it an instant win.

SamGv
I agree with you there mate....MW2 is just too easy.....now every1 is obsessed with FPS..but only the ones that play like COD MW and MW2...I happen to be a FPS fan since good old Quake I, Counter Strike, Half life, Return to Castle W......and now days FPS have become so easy and so alike that I rarely see any difference between one another....for example...Killzone2...plays alike MW, and MW2....so does resistance2, so do all the FPS that were considered awesome in this generation.....MW2 is almost identical to Cod: MW....i have it and seriously i only play once in a while just when i don't have anything else to do...It's good to have developers like MAG's ones that are trying to do something different....stop bashing a game just because it doesn't play like MW2...or its harder.....and thank god that there are people that still have some ideas and don't try to duplicate another game just because it had great success....I haven't tried the MAG beta yet..but I'm looking forward to try the game when it will come out....and the harder it is..the better....
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
I thought it was excellent. Can't be bothered to list my reasons because it's obvious that most of this thread have made there minds up about the game already.
zombie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zombie91
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

I usually read long posts. When paragraphs are used, and punctuation is at least attempted, it's readable. Even when others are saying what's with the WoT. This below is a true wall that one could hide behind. I'm sorry outkast but I am not attempting to read that. Hard on my old eyes.

Personally I love Mag... with that being said I think that most people dont like it because of the framerate. People want to turn very fast like in halo or modern warfare...and if they have to adjust the default settings to accomplish this "feeling" it will feel as though the game itself was set up improperly. They want that "turn fast" mechanism without any adjustments being made. I also think that people think mag is bad because a lot of people are used to being a "rambo" running and gunning their way around the map. You wont see people running around knifing everyone like crazy...(mw2)....or see people jumping all over the place at high heights (halo)....and your life will not regenerate right away....or your shields for that matter.... The main issue i think people have a hard time adjusting to is the realism or difficulty of this game. TEAMwork is a must to succeed. Personal success isn't the top priority (as the top killer in Mag will not beat out the top Medic in scores most of the time). People that arent used to a lvling system also may have a hard time understanding mag. Judging a LVL 1 medic (who doesnt even have a revive kit yet) and saying that tmedics suck without having reached their basic potential (the ability to revive some1) isnt a fair evaluation... Games with a leveling system take time to blossom...as you will see the fruits of your labor the higher you get in lvl. Games like MW2 or Halo have lvling systems but they are more in terms of RANK and GUN unlocks where as MAGS LVLs actually increase the performance of your CLASS...so if your not used to Classes and LVLing systems combined you can get the wrong impression of mag...and first impressions are huge. Another reason people might have hated mag is because when the beta had been released to the public a lot of people didnt know what they were doing...as far as objectives go....and it was chaotic. People werent playing their roles... It would be as if a running back decided to kick a field goal...and offensive lineman decided to run the football....and the kicker decided to coach the game... -_- A poor new player wouldve joined a game...saw how wild it was...saw how weak a lvl 1 medic is...and judged the game right off of that. I like to believe that mag improves over time. The community as a whole will grow in skill and you will see more competitve games down the rode instead of pure chaos. Other than these reasons i cant see why people would hate mag..i mean they ARE trying to revolutionize FPS games...if this 256 player game fails...think about what other companies will say when they wish to do something new.... example : "LETS MAKE A NEW 500 player FPS...! - worker "*cough** "remember mag.....256 fail?" -boss Mag is a doorway game....and its a great game as well!uso_outkast

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I agree with some of the negatives. When first announced, I was excited for the 256 players, but then I heard about the team aspect of it and was turned off. I thought at first how amazing it would be to play 128 vs 128. :)

zombie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zombie91
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

I agree with some of the negatives. When first announced, I was excited for the 256 players, but then I heard about the team aspect of it and was turned off. I thought at first how amazing it would be to play 128 vs 128. :)

feryl06
You can go anywhere you want on the map and do anything you want to do. If you want, you can go kill each of the 128 others on the other team. You just won't get as many points as those that are doing the FRAGO and helping the team at the FRAGO. Well I guess if you 128-0 then you'd be top player. Since it's NOT 128 vs 128 team death match maybe this game isn't for you. If a team game with a team aspect turns you off then I HIGHLY recommend you stay away from this game.
Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

Dunno if any of you played Arma 2, and i never played the beta, but if its like Arma 2 i'm getting it. It might not be a casual / noob friendly game or even a revolutionary game for that matter but its gonna have a huge dedicated community and that works too. Hell i'll pick it up even if it scores as little as a 7/10

anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

I thinks MAG is ok/ solid like some have said. I don't even think the graphics are bad, i think there pretty good considering the scale of the maps so i don't get why people complain about that. One thing that could have been better is the controls, and when zooming in with some guns, it has no animation which is a little frustrating, dunno if this was because of lack of ram or what...

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

terrible animations. terrible gameplay, grapchics worse then counter strike. i mean just try to aim a gun, it looks soo bad, its not fluid. guns have no proper recoil like childish COD. everything u can think of. i dont understand why sony would let zipper go through with this game. i want socom 4 allready

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

MAG is about an 8.5/10

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

iamshivy
The PS3 not coming with mics is the root of the speaking problem. But also you could only hear your squad mates speak. If you were close to a person in another squad you could hear them talk, but run too far away and you can't hear them. That's why with 128 people on a single map you only heard a few people talk, you can only really hear your squad mates. MAG has it's own flavor. It's a squad based shooter (heavy emphasis on squad) with little emphasis on vehicles. It's about being on foot and in the middle of the action, not killing tons of people from a tank, or running around like a mad-man with a noob tube. On that note it's an OK game ... the semi-auto sniper rifles are really lame too (looks at MAG and MW).
MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

MAG isnt bad. There are just better shooters coming out that deserve peoples hard earned money more. Like Bad company 2 or Bioshock 2

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

[QUOTE="Giangio"]Because the average person online has no interest in playing as a team.asdasdrgr
This.

Ya unless alot of people have mics and play as a team MAG isnt worth buying. If everyone just runs out on the maps and Plays by themselves then MAG is going to be bad it isnt supposed to be played like that. Its not like MW2 so everyone stop comparing them

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

MAG is bad because it doesn't play like COD and everyone knows all good fps are suppose to. Its obvious that any fps that requires teamwork, has weapon recoil, no regenerating health, or anythings else outside the COD formula is gonna suck.:lol:

marcl18123

^ This and it's sad that people are warped into that...

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

I tried the demo and it wasn't bad at all. With a bit of polishing the game will be really good.

One thing that did bother me was the sounds the grenades made. It's nothing major but I hope they really change the explosion sound heh.

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
I thought it was fun, it obviously wasn't anything new, except for the 256 players but it's solid like most other people have said.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Because the average person online has no interest in playing as a team.Giangio
While i'm not getting MAG your right, teamwork is minimal in majority of games
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

I think most people hate it because they suck at it.

Honestly though, the only problem I have is balance issues. But recent dev quotes at least imply that they will or already have corrected those.

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

One thing that did bother me was the sounds the grenades made. It's nothing major but I hope they really change the explosion sound heh.

gial240

Lol yeah I mentioned that on the BETA forums they kind of sounded like those little white snapper things you throw at the ground and go POP just a little louder ha. I just didnt get a "grenadey" feeling when they went off in this game.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 baller72

[QUOTE="baller72"]

Bobzfamily

What are you talking about? Especially at the lower levels, nobody felt the need to cooperate. Face it, the majority cares more about fulfilling individual goals than working as a team to execute strategies and pull off a victory. When half of the players don't see the value of teamwork, then there is no point in playing a game with shallow shooting mechanisms and graphics which are nothing special.

Obviously, some of the more dedicated players willing to work as a team will be prevalent as you get to a higher level match. But still, as far as lower levels go it's a bunch of players running around shooting each other in what can be described as a mediocre shooter at best.

Did you ever stop to think that the fact it was a FREE beta made a difference in the teamwork aspect. Do you really think a person is going to waste their money on MAG if they do not want to play it the correct way. I bet that when the game comes out there will be nearly no rambo type players. The team aspects are going to be solid. If that is the only thing that scared you I say wait for the actual release and judge again.

Also someone pointed out the grenade sound... now out of all the complaints this is my one of my beefs too. The sounds of some guns and explosions are weak... hopefully they will fix that in the real version.

And I hope my price is justified :)

also the website is pretty cool too... hopefully they keep that newscast going.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I've yet to have any lag at all....I actually like MAG.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

I want to know why other people dislike this game?

baller72
if it had good graphics ppl would love it...the game is like a girl wid good personality, and meh looks....thats why ppl dont like the game, if both were good ppl would be like AAAE...it has good gameplay and am buying it...for me its a good game
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

The game seems alright, I was only able to get to level 5 but it was interesting. grenades annoyed me but having no lag is really awesome. My serious beef with this game is having no split-screen. Warhawk was able to do it so why can't this game do it? And Warhawk was even cheaper.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I don't get lag, but I do get a low fps on 256 player maps when a bunch of crap is going on my screen, nothing too bad. But noticeable for sure. Day one buy for me, I can't decide between Sver or Valor. I played Sver until level 20, but only to level 3 on Valor.
shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

There's nothing bad about it, it's a good, solid game with heaps of customization. haven't played 256 as of yet (only got to like level 5-6 during beta) though.

and why do people complain about the graphics?? the graphics look great, sort of Crysis-esque in style, anyone who differs probably hasn't played the open beta (if there was a graphical difference between closed and opened)