MAG, Hypothectical? Or the real deal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mackey12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 mackey12345
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts

I would be hyped if I wasn't so discouraged by the 256 player count... It looks too good to be true! I mean, if they can pull it off, ****ing aye, but do you think lag would be an issue? Are they using P2P, because, one player lags, most others would be dragged down as well, and if they use servers, it would cost quite a bit, and with the economy in the state it is, it doesn't seem like a viable option.

Opinions welcome, flaming death isn't.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I will see if this game can deliver when it comes out. Until then I am wanting Operation Flashpoint 2 for my Tactical online fix.
crix3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 crix3
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

Yeah the only way to tell is to see when it comes out. But it has a lot to live up to, and it does sound like a challenging feat, but I will like to see them pull it off.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

M.A.G. has a lot of people like myself curious as to how will this be pulled off and if its even possible. Its seems so since they mentioned it would with confdence. Hopefully we see much more info at E3.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I'm so hyped up for this game! I, too, am quite skeptical about how well it will perform with 256 players online. However, after watching an interview with the developers its become obvious that this is a huge concern for them and its a major focal point in their work right now. They seem both confident that they got it going on and competent enough to pull it off. There will also be a pretty long Beta before they release so they can get their servers all tweaked up . They also said they designed and built their servers from scratch and there will be no third party stuff. Its all on them. they wanted it that way. They actually built their servers BEFORE they started developing the game, so they knew exactly how much complexity they could throw into the game without bogging down the servers. Basically, it seems like they've got it under control. I feel like when this game releases it'll be up and running on day one without a hitch. Go Raven Squad!
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Is it me? Or does this sound like typical Sony BS? It always seems Sony comes out with things like this. But always ends up horribly done and it becomes a lag fest. Then the game won't have a real patch to fix the issues until a year later.

I've been fooled by crap like this before.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

Is it me? Or does this sound like typical Sony BS? It always seems Sony comes out with things like this. But always ends up horribly done and it becomes a lag fest. Then the game won't have a real patch to fix the issues until a year later.

What game are you referring to by Sony that fooled you? Also to the TC, MAG will have dedicated servers and not be p2p. So if your connection is bad its on you and not the rest of us lol. But the glowing reviews should tell you something even though they play with only 128 players and not the full 256 during the preview session for the gaming sites. Also they have been doing live testing since Nov. and the upcoming months should be pretty awesome with getting a chance to be in the beta. With more and more info coming out, I say they've got it under control and know what they can and can't do at this point. After the previews I'm very excited to see MAG come together and get a chance to play it.
RM84x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RM84x
Member since 2009 • 1012 Posts

I think it will work just fine

BlackendV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlackendV
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts

I remember early on hearing that this game would charge a subscription, Is this still the case?

Don't worry thread above says it's free.

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
im interested into MAG it would certainly be the envy of 360 and pc FPS players. if it works out and turns out great, this could be a main desire for people to shift away from the 360 or pc to the ps3, i mean some of the best players would want to play in a full scale war? hopefully it gets bundled with headset (which i think will do ) and i hope it isnt around the same time of MW2 either
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Time will tell.

The developer is smart and I'm sure they wouldn't brag about it unless then can deliver. If this was some no name company I would be cautious however Zipper Interactive proved that they know how to create that realistic military war feel in gameplay.

I have good confidence they will pull it off.

emoticedmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emoticedmar
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts
Patience is a virtue :D lol hmm..,i still doubt it, but if it has no Lag issue and the only lag issue is through your Internet Connection and not because of how many players play, then good :) (i.e Resident Evil 5 Online Play, it only lags when your internet is slow lol)
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

Time will tell.

The developer is smart and I'm sure they wouldn't brag about it unless then can deliver. If this was some no name company I would be cautious however Zipper Interactive proved that they know how to create that realistic military war feel in gameplay.

I have good confidence they will pull it off.

Sokol4ever
Shall we start predicting the score this game will get? I hope it is not delayed, i'm dying to play this!
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Denji

I agree with you about sony bull, but sometimes they deliver. I have a good feeling about MAG because the developers are doing most of the talking and what they are saying is logical and in the realm of possibility.

mackey12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 mackey12345
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts

MAG is sort of like Onlive, all of its smoke and mirrors til' I always believed, I mean, Onlive has you streaming video from the clouds! How do you figure that'll work? This has got 256 players, thats gotta be crazy, although this seems more plausible than streaming games from onlive... You must have a pretty rad connection to pull off that.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

What games are you referring to, Denji? HOME?
daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
It could be hard if its you walking round and you keep bumping into groups of 10 - 15 people, because i assume the maps will be pretty ig.
freeloader_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freeloader_101
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts
Well i am not exactly the multiplayer sort.So i guess i`ll pass on this one unless it delivers real good.
mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
It will be very interesting to see how 256 players are gonna synchronize properly. From technical point of view, this is impossible unless they are willing to have a host server somewhere.
G36C-XM8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 G36C-XM8
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Sony has never disappointed me before. I trust they'll make M.A.G. successful just like all their other great games (Except Socom, I hate those :D )
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

Last time i checked SONY is NOT the developer...