MAG disappointment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BenTheJamin
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts

I've been in the MAG public beta since it started, and honestly, I'm already bored with the game. At first it was cool to play with 255 other people, but after the initial wow factor wore off I found that there was not enough attention to the actual gameplay, it just felt like a Battlefield knock of. What do you guys who have played the Beta think?

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

Socom 2 (also made by zipper) had way less people in a battle at once and it was by far a better game. It still is and it's on the PS2!

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Well I can't see how u didn't come to this just by watching the trailer. Like I did. After the e3 I never gave it a nother thought. It looks horrable and really boreing
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Also this is just another game that the dev is advertising one key component. 200 some players a game. That's great and all but that will never make a game awesome. U need all of it.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Socom 2 (also made by zipper) had way less people in a battle at once and it was by far a better game. It still is and it's on the PS2!

Gabe11cap

Zipper should of just made another Socom instead of wasting there time with MAG.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Sad to say I agree. But we should remember it's just a beta. I saw there was a new update recently which supposedly fixes and improves a lot of major things, I'm thinking about downloading it and giving it another shot.

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
It's good that it's still a BETA. So that they could find out what this game lacks. But seriously, I can't see the point of having 256 players if u'll die so soon anyway. :(
scotthulluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 scotthulluk
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

When you get a good squad together with a good leader who knows what hes doing the games alot of fun

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I will always laugh at M.A.G. How it expects to last against MW2 and then Bad Company really baffles me. I am not saying the game will not have a community but the game lacking a SP and what looks to be dull MP does not even come close to 60 bucks.
BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenTheJamin
It's good that it's still a BETA. So that they could find out what this game lacks. But seriously, I can't see the point of having 256 players if u'll die so soon anyway. :(Kleeyook
I understand it is a beta, but I have been in a lot of bets and even alphas of games, and while changes are made to the game, the gameplay usually does not change very much from the beta to launch. I agree with you about the dying thing, that's one of the things that really frustrates me about the game, I just feel like a lemming running over a cliff most of the time, I don't feel like an elite soldier.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="Kleeyook"]It's good that it's still a BETA. So that they could find out what this game lacks. But seriously, I can't see the point of having 256 players if u'll die so soon anyway. :(BenTheJamin
I understand it is a beta, but I have been in a lot of bets and even alphas of games, and while changes are made to the game, the gameplay usually does not change very much from the beta to launch. I agree with you about the dying thing, that's one of the things that really frustrates me about the game, I just feel like a lemming running over a cliff most of the time, I don't feel like an elite soldier.

Then stop running towards the cliff... AND TAKE COVER! :D

But seriusly, whats so bad about it?

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

Gabe11cap
Or if you have a PS3 that has BC support any Socom game and it just adds to the Socom experience. I still play the old Socom games almost as much (maybe more) as any PS3 game I have.
BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenTheJamin

[QUOTE="BenTheJamin"][QUOTE="Kleeyook"]It's good that it's still a BETA. So that they could find out what this game lacks. But seriously, I can't see the point of having 256 players if u'll die so soon anyway. :(chaplainDMK

Then stop running towards the cliff... AND TAKE COVER! :D

But seriusly, whats so bad about it?

It's not BAD, it's just it is being made out to be one of the best multiplayer games on the PS3 and I just don't see that happening. The gameplay just gets a bit dull and repetitive after a while. I guess I'm more disappointed because I was really looking forward to this game. One of my favorite games of all time was BF2 for PC and when you compare MAG to BF2, there is just no comparison.