Lost Planet 2, why all the hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm really confused why there seems to be so much dislike towards this game. I played the demo, and wow, it was really awesome, and I will be getting either that or Resistance fall of man in the near future, so this isn't a "what should I buy" thread (since I already know the answer to that and all). I was just wondering why it seems a lot of people are not fans of this game, or is it more just the official reviews that aren't big fans of it? Also, because of its lack of popularity does anyone play online (co-op more so since that's what the game's made for)?

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

It gets hate because people look at review scores then act like they have actually played the game or base a full opinion off a 5min demo. I'm not sure if people still play co-op since I haven't been on in a while.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I really like this game, I've played it twice and I believe it still has a pretty good co op online not sure about the competitive modes.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

It gets hate because people look at review scores then act like they have actually played the game or base a full opinion off a 5min demo. I'm not sure if people still play co-op since I haven't been on in a while.

Darkslayer16
Yep, people are still playing co-op. But the competitve multiplayer is practically dead.
Mongul94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mongul94
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

Has anyone here played the local co op at all? If so, how is it?

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

honestly it was the demo of the multiplayer that scared me away from this game....it just seemed so clumsy for a 3rd person shooter imo....and it was a disappointment compared to what i was expecting from all the advertisements on tv etc... they made it seem like the next best shooter... so i had really high expectations...

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueboxdoctor

honestly it was the demo of the multiplayer that scared me away from this game....it just seemed so clumsy for a 3rd person shooter imo....and it was a disappointment compared to what i was expecting from all the advertisements on tv etc... they made it seem like the next best shooter... so i had really high expectations...

uso_outkast

yeah, that demo was pretty bad, but the sp demo showed what the game was really made for; not mp shooter, but a co-op/sp shooter.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

yea i hate when games put a demo out on a feature that isnt really its main thing...

like a game known for its campaign putting out multiplayer demos....it really gives people a bad impression...

i probably would have liked lost if i would have known it was the Co-op that made it so good lol...see i didnt even know that...

thats how bad the demo (multiplayer team deathmatches) scared me..

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

I've wanted it for a while now since I enjoyed the first one so much. Everytime I'm at my local game store I see it and hesitate. There just always seems to be at least one game I would rather buy.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blueboxdoctor

I just remembered that this game is made by the same company that made monster hunter, which would pretty much explain the low scores since the critics didn't like those games either. Though, it was funny watching the ign review saying how there's no checkpoints if you die and it's a hard game, which is what everyone praised demon's souls for (note, I thought that was a great game). I didn't even know there's an option for splitscreen co-op, which to me really makes the game worth it in an era with few splitscreen games.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
lost planet 2 its big dissapoing for me single player its zero i love the first lost planet
mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

so is this game worth playing? i have been thinking of picking it up as its really cheap now. but i have heard that its broken or something..

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Because the single-player experience was just plain broken.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blueboxdoctor

lost planet 2 its big dissapoing for me single player its zero i love the first lost planetCTR360

I was actually thinking about getting the 1st one, but heard there were a lot of problems when it ported over to the ps3, idk how true this is.

masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts
When I first heard of i, I was stoked, bought the first...remind me of my contra/probotector days. Played the campaign demo of the second, FELL IN LOVE! Played the mp demo...I nearly cried, I sucked. Bought the game collectors...didn't like the collector's contents *holds tiny car sized akrid* but the game was great, though the ps3 version is the worse one because it has "stutter" constantly (like a mini freeze) which...I got used too because I loved it. I'd plat the game if not for the online leaderboards, ethier times are impossible to get or the fact capcom isnt resetting them..so unless your willing to grind over 9000 hours, buy for the fun not trophies... I blown over 300 game hours (200 in story) in this, I regret nothing!
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blueboxdoctor

When I first heard of i, I was stoked, bought the first...remind me of my contra/probotector days. Played the campaign demo of the second, FELL IN LOVE! Played the mp demo...I nearly cried, I sucked. Bought the game collectors...didn't like the collector's contents *holds tiny car sized akrid* but the game was great, though the ps3 version is the worse one because it has "stutter" constantly (like a mini freeze) which...I got used too because I loved it. I'd plat the game if not for the online leaderboards, ethier times are impossible to get or the fact capcom isnt resetting them..so unless your willing to grind over 9000 hours, buy for the fun not trophies... I blown over 300 game hours (200 in story) in this, I regret nothing!masterds64

Well nice to hear you can actually beat the game playing sp, which it seems a lot of people are saying you can't due to one reason or another (I often hear that it's broken, but really, that's pretty vague).

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I enjoyed LP2. I have it for the other system, so I'm not sure how well the PS3 version works, but the game itself was fun.

Slinky_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Slinky_Turtle
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

Because the single-player experience was just plain broken.

Jackc8
Please elaborate on the the single player was broken. I played through the entire thing and never had any problems. I personally loved the game, and co-op was a blast. Was it the best shooter ever? No. But it was a quite entertaining one.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Played a lot of Lost Planet and really enjoyed it.
I've online played the demo for LP2. Must get the full game some day. Friend of mine was first on Irish Leaderboard for the first LP. Do they still do the country rankings in LP2?

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts

Has anyone here played the local co op at all? If so, how is it?

Mongul94
I played it with my brother, and contrary to popular belief, it is alot of fun. The story makes no sense, and sometimes you have no idea what your supposed to be doing, but then a huge bug shows up and you forget about all that and have a hell of a fun time taking it down with whoever your playing with. I really enjoyed this game, and to everyone who says it sucks, I think you really need to go back and play the game again... If you still don't like it, get some help.
masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

Well nice to hear you can actually beat the game playing sp, which it seems a lot of people are saying you can't due to one reason or another (I often hear that it's broken, but really, that's pretty vague).

blueboxdoctor

The difficulty in sp WAS broken, too hard, but they released a patch that made it easier to beat the game on your own.