Looking for a good gaming headset for my PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd022e642d9
deactivated-57dd022e642d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-57dd022e642d9
Member since 2003 • 677 Posts

I want to buy one but can't choose any (too much headsets). I want to connect this directly on my PS4 controller (3.5 mm jack) and also want sound and mic.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

get a decent headset / mic combo for phones, it'll do your job and additionally you can use it for other stuff as well...

if you have a higher budget go for an over ear sennheiser, b&w, or beats headset...

by far the easier way is getting a sony ps headset with a usb dongle, it's wireless, quite hassle-free, it won't drain your controller's battery and you'll have virtual surround as well...

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Well a budget is a good place to start, without that we can't make any kind of suggestion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I have been looking as well...was considering the Sony PS4 wireless gold set but I read in a review that they sound a little flat.

I'm using Sennheiser G4me ones atm but I don't get any simulated surround sound and the mic only works with PC I think.

REfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By REfan1987
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts

I've been using the PS Gold Wireless headset for months and must say it was a great buy. It has an embedded mic so you don't have to fumble with the mic cord.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO

The one thing is that the battery life didn't impress me (not too short though). To charge it you just hook it up to the PS4 for a little while.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

The Sony Gold headset wireless totally rocks, it is even compatible with ps3 and ps vita

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@BSC14 said:

I have been looking as well...was considering the Sony PS4 wireless gold set but I read in a review that they sound a little flat.

I'm using Sennheiser G4me ones atm but I don't get any simulated surround sound and the mic only works with PC I think.

if i remember correctly the sennheiser g4ame headset has two separate audio jacks, one for headphones and one for mic, that's why it doesn't work correctly with ps4's controllers... as i mentioned before, the easiest is getting a ps headset or just using a headset with the controller designed for cell phones with a mic...

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@MondasM:

is the sound quality that bothered me. I don't even care about the mic.