local multiplayer 2x ps vitas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BadHabit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BadHabit21
Member since 2003 • 529 Posts

Similar to the adhoc mode for the psp system. The back of the psp games indicated if it supported such a feature. The back of ps vita games just say infrastructure 2- so on. I want to buy a 2nd psp vita to place some local coop/multiplayer. But does the Vita support vita system to vita system communication without the need of wifi/internet etc. like the PSPs abilities. I want to buy Unit 13 and my brother wants to buy a ps vita and unit 13 and play cooperatively without wifi/internet.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
Well some games do and will support ad-hoc whilst others don't and won't. As you mentioned you have to look at the back of the box or do some research on the Internet to see if it is supported. As for Unit 13 I don't know. I can't remember if the demo indicated and/or supported it. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I would have though as co-op is the big focus in the game it would do.
BadHabit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BadHabit21

Well some games do and will support ad-hoc whilst others don't and won't. As you mentioned you have to look at the back of the box or do some research on the Internet to see if it is supported. As for Unit 13 I don't know. I can't remember if the demo indicated and/or supported it. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I would have though as co-op is the big focus in the game it would do. GamejunkieUK

thanks for the quick reply. I have looked up and down the internet trying to figure it out but i keep getting answers that beat around the bush. the Vita does support ad hoc but I only have found answers "Ps vita to psp" but I cant find a definite answer that the adhoc features support "ps vita to ps vita." The ps vita games dont specify the type of multiplayer on the back of the box. The psp box do specifiy if it supports Ad hoc multiplayer and Online multiplayer. As for the Vita games the back of the box does not and just says infrastructure and thats it. Im begining to believe vita games coop/multiplayer require the internet. That would be a step backwards from the psp, and i want to be proven wrong.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamejunkieUK
The Vita does support ad-hoc multiplayer and the games that do support it do say so on the back. I've got nine retail games and six of them say on the back that they support ad-hoc and how many players.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#5 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

There are games and i know that wipeout 2048 is one of them. Based on the options i see on the unit 13 menu i would say it doesnt have ad-hoc mode seeing as it has the options of: Solo Missions, Online Cooperative, High Value Targets, Daily Challenge.

BadHabit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BadHabit21

The Vita does support ad-hoc multiplayer and the games that do support it do say so on the back. I've got nine retail games and six of them say on the back that they support ad-hoc and how many players. GamejunkieUK

Im not to sure if your game boxes are different than mine. Hot shots supports adhoc and so does Marvel vs capcom 3, but it doesnt say adhoc on the back of my boxes, just Infrastructure 2+ players and thats all it says.

BadHabit21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BadHabit21

There are games and i know that wipeout 2048 is one of them. Based on the options i see on the unit 13 menu i would say it doesnt have ad-hoc mode seeing as it has the options of: Solo Missions, Online Cooperative, High Value Targets, Daily Challenge.

zarshack

Yea unfortunately Unit 13 does not support adhoc play, which is shocking for a game like that to have great coop play, but no adhoc support. I found it in a Kotaku article. Thanks for the reply guys.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamejunkieUK

[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"]The Vita does support ad-hoc multiplayer and the games that do support it do say so on the back. I've got nine retail games and six of them say on the back that they support ad-hoc and how many players. BadHabit21

Im not to sure if your game boxes are different than mine. Hot shots supports adhoc and so does Marvel vs capcom 3, but it doesnt say adhoc on the back of my boxes, just Infrastructure 2+ players and thats all it says.

Well of the six games I have that support ad-hoc three are from America and three are from here in the UK. Those that support infrastructure only just say that. Those that support ad-hoc just say that. Those that support both say that.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18798 Posts
does PSP games played on Vita support ad-hoc? i mean can a person on a PSP play a person on Vita?