Little big planet...So what?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for iLoveGrapedrank
iLoveGrapedrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iLoveGrapedrank
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

Ok I love my ps3, but I hate when people call little big planet better than socom and resistance. Seriously the game has no storyline, and the only thing to do is build. But how long before you ask yourself why the hell am I playing this pointless game. No doubt it has a smart concept to it, but so what? I want a rich storyline and countless hours of gameplay and I can't possibly see myself building things for that long of a time.

It looks like a game, my son would be interested in? which is pretty sad!

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
All opinion my friend, all opinion.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
You came to the PS3 boards, too?
Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
Ok ok. LBP is very unique and i don't think it deserves all this negative press. No it's not as exciting as Socom or resistance but its very differnt and i think it will be fun and will sell alot.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Furi-Kun

You came to the PS3 boards, too?rockguy92

I'm getting this "who is that crossing over my bridge" feeling...

justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
First of all, there is a storyline. it may not be as intricate as most games, but it does have one. Second, story isnt the point, the point is to have fun and be creative with your friends. Littlebigplanet is all about expressing yourself through creating levels.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

[QUOTE="rockguy92"]You came to the PS3 boards, too?Furi-Kun

This guy made a thread in System Wars saying he was selling his PS3 for a 360, and it was his first ever post. He then made another thread saying PS3 is used only for Blu-Ray. I wouldn't take him seriously.

iLoveGrapedrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iLoveGrapedrank
[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="rockguy92"]You came to the PS3 boards, too?rockguy92

This guy made a thread in System Wars saying he was selling his PS3 for a 360, and it was his first ever post. He then made another thread saying PS3 is used only for Blu-Ray. I wouldn't take him seriously.

first of all I'm selling my ps3 for my xbox because of online(friends) not because I hate the games. I also said that people are using the ps3 for wrong reasons other than gaming purposes. So Either stop whining and don't talk or express you opinion.. jesus get A LIFE!! grow up
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Furi-Kun
Wow, you exposed him pretty quick.
indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts
[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

TC was just pwned

never100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 never100
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
[QUOTE="rockguy92"][QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="rockguy92"]You came to the PS3 boards, too?iLoveGrapedrank

first of all I'm selling my ps3 for my xbox because of online(friends) not because I hate the games. I also said that people are using the ps3 for wrong reasons other than gaming purposes. So Either stop whining and don't talk or express you opinion.. jesus get A LIFE!! grow up

The only one that need to get a life is you. Your on this board telling people how much you don't like a game and not only that dictating to people that playing Blu-ray is the wrong reason to use a PS3. That makes a ton of sense "Don't play Blu-Ray on a Blu-Ray player".

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
The motto is "Play. Create. Share." not "Build. Build. Build."
Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts

Ok I love my ps3, but I hate when people call little big planet better than socom and resistance. Seriously the game has no storyline, and the only thing to do is build. But how long before you ask yourself why the hell am I playing this pointless game. No doubt it has a smart concept to it, but so what? I want a rich storyline and countless hours of gameplay and I can't possibly see myself building things for that long of a time.

iLoveGrapedrank

So much ignorance. I cant. take. it. !!!!

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
Uh...ignorant much? You've probably only seen one gameplay video if any at all. For one thing, i know you're thinking there's no point in the game without enemies, but the thing is, there ARE enemies and weapons. You don't build levels only to not play them or play them with other people, you build levels, share them with the world, play through it yourself and/or with friends, and have a good time. If this doesn't get to your hardcore gamer mind that alot of us also here have, i don't know what could. This game, although it looks kind of kiddy, it appeals to me as a hardcore gamer unlike any other more casual oriented game. This is the same appeal people had when they first saw super mario bros, whether you were a casual gamer or hardcore gamer.
bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#15 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

Uh...ignorant much? You've probably only seen one gameplay video if any at all. For one thing, i know you're thinking there's no point in the game without enemies, but the thing is, there ARE enemies and weapons. You don't build levels only to not play them or play them with other people, you build levels, share them with the world, play through it yourself and/or with friends, and have a good time. If this doesn't get to your hardcore gamer mind that alot of us also here have, i don't know what could. This game, although it looks kind of kiddy, it appeals to me as a hardcore gamer unlike any other more casual oriented game. This is the same appeal people had when they first saw super mario bros, whether you were a casual gamer or hardcore gamer.gollum007

Post ftw!

rovi209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rovi209
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts

[QUOTE="rockguy92"]You came to the PS3 boards, too?iLoveGrapedrank

If your selling your ps3, why are you complaining about a game your not going to play anyway?

slikMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slikMotion
Member since 2003 • 2820 Posts
What moronic ignorance. You never have to build a single level if you do not want to. The build means there will be infinite variety to this game limited only by the imagination of the world community, and all u have to do is enjoy what others have to offer if you are time or imagination limited.
iLoveGrapedrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iLoveGrapedrank

[QUOTE="gollum007"]Uh...ignorant much? You've probably only seen one gameplay video if any at all. For one thing, i know you're thinking there's no point in the game without enemies, but the thing is, there ARE enemies and weapons. You don't build levels only to not play them or play them with other people, you build levels, share them with the world, play through it yourself and/or with friends, and have a good time. If this doesn't get to your hardcore gamer mind that alot of us also here have, i don't know what could. This game, although it looks kind of kiddy, it appeals to me as a hardcore gamer unlike any other more casual oriented game. This is the same appeal people had when they first saw super mario bros, whether you were a casual gamer or hardcore gamer.bigmouthkid

Post ftw!

from the kid who has a dragonball z picture nice you prove my point people like you(kids) hype this game so much but why?
iLoveGrapedrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iLoveGrapedrank

[QUOTE="gollum007"]Uh...ignorant much? You've probably only seen one gameplay video if any at all. For one thing, i know you're thinking there's no point in the game without enemies, but the thing is, there ARE enemies and weapons. You don't build levels only to not play them or play them with other people, you build levels, share them with the world, play through it yourself and/or with friends, and have a good time. If this doesn't get to your hardcore gamer mind that alot of us also here have, i don't know what could. This game, although it looks kind of kiddy, it appeals to me as a hardcore gamer unlike any other more casual oriented game. This is the same appeal people had when they first saw super mario bros, whether you were a casual gamer or hardcore gamer.bigmouthkid

Post ftw!

from the kid who has a dragonball z picture nice you prove my point people like you(kids) hype this game so much but why?
PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

I don't take most of the people on these boards seriously. And little big planet hater dude, we get it. You don't like the game and want to play the XBOX 360. Enjoy yourself.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Furi-Kun

[QUOTE="rockguy92"]You came to the PS3 boards, too?PS3videos

I don't take most of the people on these boards seriously. And little big planet hater dude, we get it. You don't like the game and want to play the XBOX 360. Enjoy yourself.

That sums it up.

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

iLoveGrapedrank
If people think that then like them think that who are you,I hate when people get all upset and make these stupid threads just because they hate that game that other people like just blog it on your profile its not hard...
realSHOTKILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 realSHOTKILL
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts

Ok dude, watch videos on LittleBigPlanet, read about it. you can actually go on blogs on playstation.com and ask the people what the game is about. I personally think LittleBigPlanet is pretty cool. Think about it when Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and other big games are out. You're gonna wanna go back to a smaller game and just have fun. Most people with a Wii, like me, play Super Mario Galaxy, and SSBB..but then end up travelling back to Wii Sports...because it's a great game to just sit down and have fun.

In LittleBigPlanet, you dont only have to sit down and create levels for hours and hours. Just because the motto is Play. Create. Share doesnt mean you have to do ALL of those things. You can just go into the game and play one of your friends levels, you can play levels all day and just have fun with the game. Some PS3 owners like myself will be the ones "Create"ing the levels, because I think it's gonna be cool seeing how awesome you can make a level compared to one of the game designers levels.

and the Share part is just about sharing the levels you PLAYed by giving them a rating, or sharing the levels you CREATEd by making awesome levels and sending them to your friends. Do you understand the game now?

HAVE FUN GAMING!

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

All opinion my friend, all opinion.Furi-Kun

there you go.

If you don't like it don't play it.

evenlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 evenlegend
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts
i would rather play LBP than resistance 2 and socom :D
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
LBP looks like POO
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts
Have fun playing LBP, I will pass, it looks like to much of a kids game to me!
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

iLoveGrapedrank

lulz. funny guy. i bet lbp has much more countless of hours than other storyline based game. and it does have a kind of storyline you may follow.. (as far as i know..) and you dont only create.. you can spend all your time playing.. and you BET i would put LBP over resistance and socom ANYTIME.. i never thought of getting them either way..^^

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3videos"][QUOTE="rockguy92"][QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

That sums it up.

lol a ps3 and lbp hater. GOOD JOB DUDE! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Its revolutionary. Sure shooters are awesome (I love them lol) but they haven't revolutionized the industry. And LBP does have a story mode.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Hey guys, don't knock the 360, its a great console.
War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts

It's for creative people. Why does it always have to be war? Opinions differ too.

Faulttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Faulttt
Member since 2005 • 549 Posts

Whats with the lems sudden hate on little big planet?

(had to say it :) )

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#34 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Screw it...I can't flame for another 3 days. Someone do it for me please. :cry:
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#35 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

Thank God I wasn't drinking anything during the time I read this post. It wins the internet...but only for 5 minutes prior to this post...If you're not here to claim it...too bad. XD
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#36 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

iLoveGrapedrank

The game lets you come up with story.

So in other words, instead of no story, it might have INFINITE story.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Ok ok. LBP is very unique and i don't think it deserves all this negative press. No it's not as exciting as Socom or resistance but its very differnt and i think it will be fun and will sell alot.Wiiingssbb
well by press it gets nothing but good news anyway little big planet is great and you can't compared to resistance.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts

iLoveGrapedrank

lol its pretty sad that you think your too mature for this game.

eregol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 eregol
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts

Only kids hyping the game?

Every magazine writer has been excited over LBP since it was first shown. These guys are people in their 20s to 30s, not kids writing magazines in crayons.

I am 26, and I am excited at the prospect of easily building my own levels, I've tried on FPSs in the past and failed dismally, at least now I will have more of a chance.

I love the fact that the people dissing the game are 360 fanboys, and the PS3 players are just sitting by, not rising to the bait and saying that their words are their own opinion. An indication on the more mature masses perhaps?

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts
So what? So this, mother******
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Furi-Kun

Every magazine writer has been excited over LBP since it was first shown. These guys are people in their 20s to 30s, not kids writing magazines in crayons.

e game are 360 fanboys, and the PS3 players are just sitting by, not rising to the bait and saying that their words are their own opinion. An indication on the more mature masses perhaps?

eregol

I agree totally.

shudog2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shudog2
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
UHHH Socom has no story to, your argument is flawed. EPIC FAIL
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Its revolutionary. Sure shooters are awesome (I love them lol) but they haven't revolutionized the industry. And LBP does have a story mode. theycallmeryan
Yes, it's fun. Yes, it's a breath of fresh air in a market flooded with crappy FPS. No, it's not revolutionary.
Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts
[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

It seems he was telling the blatant truth then...
Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

I am 26, and I am excited at the prospect of easily building my own levels, I've tried on FPSs in the past and failed dismally, at least now I will have more of a chance.

I love the fact that the people dissing the game are 360 fanboys, and the PS3 players are just sitting by, not rising to the bait and saying that their words are their own opinion. An indication on the more mature masses perhaps?

eregol
Is there really so much other stuff to be excited over apart from that game then?
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
Little Big Planet >>>>>>>>>>>>> all FPS games
Avatar image for deactivated-5eebb5c1d3ee4
deactivated-5eebb5c1d3ee4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5eebb5c1d3ee4
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
okay, i like those cute little games with little animals sometimes. I admit, they are cute. But that's about it. they're cute. i don't know why everyone is making a big fuss over some cute little game that we all know most of us won't buy except for our girlfriends or kids. This person is making a good point. I agree! =)
iLoveGrapedrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 iLoveGrapedrank

okay, i like those cute little games with little animals sometimes. I admit, they are cute. But that's about it. they're cute. i don't know why everyone is making a big fuss over some cute little game that we all know most of us won't buy except for our girlfriends or kids. This person is making a good point. I agree! =)DarkSideGirl17

exactly my point, the only people who want this game would be kids(like every person in this thread) or Girlfriends(MY wife found it cute when I was watching the demo)

iLoveGrapedrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 iLoveGrapedrank
[QUOTE="eregol"]

e game are 360 fanboys, and the PS3 players are just sitting by, not rising to the bait and saying that their words are their own opinion. An indication on the more mature masses perhaps?

Furi-Kun

I agree totally.

Magazines have to be excited for it because it's a business and what they do is try to sell the game to others. Since sony is hyping the game to be a new platform, all magazines continue to over hype it too.. thats how it works in the industry.. It's not like the reviewers are actually gonna buy the game, they over-hype because they understand kids will buy it.
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts

Same here which is why it's never good to overhype a game. I think it's a great game but it won't be long before people get tired of it.