KZ3, Resistance 3 and UC2: worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

I have UC1 and 3 but I don't have Among Thieves. Do you think I should buy it or should I just borrow it from a friend? And is Resistance 3 worth getting for a low price (new) or is it better to buy the Resistance Trilogy? I've played Resistance 1 and it was really boring but the demo for 2 and 3 was pretty cool. Also, should I buy Killzone 3? Is it worth around $20 new?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I've only played Resistance 3 and Uncharted 2. I'll give you my thoughts on the two.

Resistance 3 actually has a really good campaign and it doesn't fall victim to popular FPS mechanics. There is no regen health and you can carry and cycle through all your weapons at any time. Enemies and missions are varied, and the weapons are creative and upgrade-able. I'm surprised this game isn't talked about more.

Uncharted 2 I cannot recommend in good conscience. Gameplay is cut up by a large amount of cutscenes, On rails climbing segments are slow paced and long winded, weapons are rather unvaried as are the enemies, foes are bullet sponges which greatly slows down the action, entire missions are throw away outings like the museum heist and the ice cave with Tenzen. That's not to say it's all bad. While the story is poor, you cannot help but enjoy the well acted characters and the visuals are spectacular.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I didn't like KZ3 at all honestly

Resistance 3's campaign is definately worth playing at least once, but it's not too long so borrowing/ renting it should be fine

Uncharted 2- I wouldn't recommend buying it, renting/borrowing it should be fine

TheG28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheG28
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I can't comment on either Resistance 3 or Killzone but having completed all three uncharted's I would have to agree with the majority, Amongst thieves did feel a little long winded with some lengthy cut scenes. Also the end boss wasn't really challenging ( I didn't lose a life ) which especially for me is the norm until I figure out what I'm meant to do. Think it's definitely a borrowing game rather then a purchase.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

All three of those titles are extremely cheap now.  Why not just own them for yourself.  You could probably find Killzone 3 for cheaper than $20 though.  Uncharted 2 is still one of the best games on PS3.  Resistance 3 was overlooked by a lot of people when it came out.  The title has a pretty good story.  Uncharted 2 suffers from long drawn out gun fights towards the end of the game.  Some of it just feels like filler.  You could probably score all three games for $40 if you look around. 

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

No doubt worth getting.

all three have fun single players and I know that people still play R3's and KZ3's MP too

sidjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sidjai
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I have played UC2 and KZ3. I have to tell you that both of those games have awesome single-player experiences. I have played both of these games' campaigns multiple times, and I get bored very easily. KZ3 on top of that also has a very fun and addicting multiplayer. U2 on the other hand is said to be the best Uncharted game ever. I personally can't decide between U2 and U3, but for a lower price, definitely buy U2. It has graphics that look like they were made 6 months ago, not 4 years. Same for KZ3.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Buy R3 and U2.

I liked KZ3, but its not for everyone.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
U2- F*ck yeah! KZ3- Hell yeah R3- Ima slap you if you dont get this game bro. And no you dont need to play R1 or R2.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

No doubt worth getting.

all three have fun single players and I know that people still play R3's and KZ3's MP too

Quaker-w00ts
R3 multiplayer is.......................... something you should stay way from... It was good at first but now, its just impossible to actually play it. The small matches were fun, but now that only the super elite spammers run the multiplayer, I had to stop playing it.
Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
It is worth getting them.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i personally love UC2 so that is worth getting. KZ3 is worth playing but not buying unless you are into shooters. and i havent played R3 yet. 

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

Replace Killzone 3 with Killzone 2 as it's a much better game both in single player and online. Resistance 3 has a fantastic campaign. I didn't really like the 2nd one and if you didn't like the first then you might as well just get the 3rd one. Uncharted 2 is my favourite in the series. If you liked the other 2 a lot and you can get it for cheap then you may as well pick that up too. Have fun!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

Both UC2 and R3 are worth it.

KZ3 is only really worth it for the multiplayer or to be wowed by the visuals.  Its story is very bland.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#16 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I've only played UC2 & Resistance 3. Definitely worth it, those 2 games are in my top 5 games on the PS3. Loved them both.

SantaTerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SantaTerb
Member since 2002 • 1577 Posts
Resistance 3 has the most unappreciated single player FPS campaign this gen, get it. UC2, absolutely. It's the best in the series. Can't stand Killzone.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm not a big fan of Resistance 3, but that's because I'm not a fan of the series, but I do think it's better than the second game if that helps.

Uncharted 2 definitely get, there are some levels I like to go back to once in a while because they're so well made.

As for KZ3, I'd say if you have a Gamestop around you try getting the trilogy, as I think it's only $30 now and comes with all the DLC, and the 1st game is always fun to go back to (even though it makes me a bit disappointed they took away alternate fire in KZ2 and 3).

So if you were to get them I'd say get them in this order:

Uncharted 2

Killzone Trilogy

Resistance 3

Edit: After posting this I read the other replies, I'm surprised to see not so many positive things about KZ3, I actually liked the SP a lot, as I think KZ2 and 3 have some of the best FPS action and gameplay available (though yes, the story is kind of awful).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes its worth getting them.

Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

Yes, yes and yes.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Thank you everyone for your responses. I've decided to buy Killzone 3, 3D Dot Game, The Last of Us and Far Cry 3 at the moment, and probably some Soul Calibur 5 DLC and Hearthfire. I'll get Resistance 3 after a month or two (might get the trilogy if price fall down) and I'll just borrow UC2, since it didn't seem to have much replay value (and I tend to platinum only free-roamers). Again, thanks for the advice :D.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#22 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Not a fan of Killzone but Resistance 3 and Uncharted 2 are the best in their respective series.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Uncharted 2 is the game of the generation, IMO, so of course you should pick it up.

The others?  I don't really have an opinion on them.

Mar_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mar_Sama
Member since 2012 • 93 Posts

It's all a question of what you want from the game :)
You put 2 First Person Shooters against one Action-Adventure games so it let's me think that you like shooting games. If it's shooting you want, than leave Uncharted be, because it's often riddles and other stuff aside from shooting. I for myself have Uncharted 2 and love the game, but that's because i like a mix of Lara Croft with some more shooting and different pace.

noobbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 noobbreaker
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

If you like shooters without question R3 is way better then KZ3. Uncharted2 was a better time than KZ3 as well.  go ahead and buy them if you feel inclined to do so.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts
I have played killzone 3 and unchartd 2. I would recomend both of these games to play killzone at least once and UC2 as far as u can make 100% completion. Resistance 3 i havent played. Hope this helps
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I think they're all worth it.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I would get Resistance 2 for the co-op though. It's a shame they took that out of 3.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

yes its worth getting them.

sukraj
same here