Killzone Shadow Fall looks sick , how is it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boonetown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By boonetown
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

?

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

It's passable, but I've played a lot better.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Yeah it does look awesome. The single player is average but im surprised at how fun the multiplayer is.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Best FPS multiplayer game have played in a long time. I prefer this over warn out Call of Duty and Buggy Battlefield

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

I agree, it does look amazing. But for the gameplay, the campaign was too slow for me. As for the multiplier, i was not a fan. But if you are a fan of previous KZ multiplayers than i think most would enjoy this one.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

@jukev2424: I was quite bored with the game and I sucked too. I don't play too many fps games just a note. I felt quite lost and confused on what to do and where to go in the first level beyond the back story part. Looks pretty, but I just suck at the game right now.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

The campaign is pretty average. I think I played the first 4 chapters, forcing myself to do the 4th the other day. To be fair though, I have had a hard time enjoying FPS campaigns as of late. The multiplayer is where its at still. The warzone concept of going from gametype to gametype mid game is still awesome. I don't really like the new unlock system, but the MP is still really fun.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

I'm loving every second of the Killzone campaign. Beautiful, lots of game play variety, and feels great to play.

@gagit811.. The first level was the hardest level for me. This is my first Killzone, so I think I just had to learn the gameplay. After getting through it, the rest of the game has been smooth and fun.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I loved killzone 2 but i'll wait for a price drop before I buy a PS4.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

They fixed some of the things that annoyed the hell out of me in the previous games. So i'm happy about that. They did better on this round, but the sounds of the guns are just terrible..They have more weight to them but still no where they need to be. I do blame battlefield for that. The guns sound soooo good in that game. When you shoots in BF…you feel it…In KZ it mostly feels/sounds like an airsoft gun.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

It's a good game & not a great game. The online multi-player is very good to a lot of people.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Killzone Shadow Fall passed away earlier this morning. He had been fighting his sickness for a while now, and inevitably he succumbed to it.

I hope you'll all join me in directing our prayers to his family in these hard times.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

The graphics do show off the potential of the PS4, but in general it's a competent slightly above average shooter.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Sorry to see the negative comments. I decided to order my PS4 sooner because the images from Killzone looked so great. Ordered from the Sony site this morning when the PS4/2 Controllers/Killzone packages were briefly on sale. Oh well, I might still like it a lot and either way I am now ready for inFamous Second Son!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarcRecon

@jetjetjaguar said:

Sorry to see the negative comments. I decided to order my PS4 sooner because the images from Killzone looked so great. Ordered from the Sony site this morning when the PS4/2 Controllers/Killzone packages were briefly on sale. Oh well, I might still like it a lot and either way I am now ready for inFamous Second Son!

I hope you didn't take my comment as negative because KZSF is a great next-gen "LAUNCH" tittle, but it's not anything truly innovating. It's going to be a while before we really see anything mind-blowing. To be honest I haven't seen anything on the "OTHER" system that's doing much better even though I plan on picking one up later on down the line. :)

Tubatica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tubatica
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

There is a free weekend to try out the multiplayer if you are a PS Plus member. Details here:

Details!

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

@MarcRecon: Hi: Thanks for that. Overall the comments aren't so much negative as lukewarm. Looking forward to my big box of "Greatness Awaits".

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MarcRecon

@jetjetjaguar said:

@MarcRecon: Hi: Thanks for that. Overall the comments aren't so much negative as lukewarm. Looking forward to my big box of "Greatness Awaits".

OK cool, that's why I made sure I used the words potential and above average to describe KZSF...meaning that is was good, but I can only imagine what it will look like when the developers really start to push the systems power.:)

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

Im a huge Killzone fan but Shadow Fall is by far the weakest entry since the original! It doesn't even feel like Killzone anymore, singleplayer is a boring slog!

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

It has a better campaign than BF4 by far, but BF4 beats KZSF's MP hands down.

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Just finished it yesterday and, have to say found it thoroughly enjoyable. Doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but it is a really good game. I don't understand where all the campaign hate comes from, best Killzone campaign by miles. Smooth gameplay, great soundtrack, good combat, gorgeous graphics, great atmosphere, really cool levels and enviroments, nice story. As someone who found the previous Killzone campaigns incredibly average, I thought that this one was up there with Halo or Crysis or one of those.

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

The mp is ok but I hated the campaign.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

@gagit811 said:

@jukev2424: I was quite bored with the game and I sucked too. I don't play too many fps games just a note. I felt quite lost and confused on what to do and where to go in the first level beyond the back story part. Looks pretty, but I just suck at the game right now.

You have to hit up on the D pad to see where your objective is. I must admit, I got a little lost when the objective didn't appear a few times in the game.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

@mordant221 said:

It has a better campaign than BF4 by far, but BF4 beats KZSF's MP hands down.

This. I bought it for the 8+ hour campaign. It was enjoyable and I felt I got robbed on Black Op's 2 for how short and shitty the campaign was. I'm now just learning multiplayer and I have to agree, the Black OPS 2 or BF4 multiplayer are better. I'm getting 1 shot on cheap shots while running fast in KZ and it won't let you see who killed you are how.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The singleplayer is great, there is a certain part that is frustrating though. But it's a good shooter though it doesn't do a whole lot of new stuff

Syncotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Syncotic
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

Killzone multiplayer reminds me of a mix of halo and battlefield.

annunaki_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 annunaki_
Member since 2013 • 54 Posts

@cooldust said:

Im a huge Killzone fan but Shadow Fall is by far the weakest entry since the original! It doesn't even feel like Killzone anymore, singleplayer is a boring slog!

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

this game will probably be free on PS plus next year. I didn't enjoy the game that much

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

I'm a huge Battlefield fan... But Killzone is my favorite online shooter of the year. The single player is pretty strong too... Better than COD or Battlefield, but not as good as something like Far Cry.

RAMBO2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 RAMBO2002
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

Battlefield than Killzone