Killzone PS3 for GDC!

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
Sorry in advance if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.

Link
Jetkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Jetkon
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
Awesome :) Whats GDC ? :3
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
[QUOTE="Jetkon"]Awesome :) Whats GDC ? :3

Game developer's conference. It's not meant to be broadcast to the public, but people take in secret video cameras and put what they see on the internet. That was where we first saw Motor Storm and Warhawk ingame footage...
jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
Killzone 3 looking like this... I hope soo.....I'm on ! Multiplayer of my dream...
Sweet God...

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
That link just confirmed that the video in 05 was not real time footage.  Oh well, but I bet they can get close.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
That link just confirmed that the video in 05 was not real time footage. Oh well, but I bet they can get close.caseypayne69

It was confirmed a long time ago it was a target render.  Long time ago.  Really long.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]That link just confirmed that the video in 05 was not real time footage. Oh well, but I bet they can get close.emitsu97

It was confirmed a long time ago it was a target render.  Long time ago.  Really long.

Yeah... Sony said it was 'in engine,' then the Dutch CGI crew that made the movie came forward and stated that Sony wasn't being honest. Well, if the game ends up looking that good, I'm sure all will be forgiven. I am skeptical, but hey... Phil Harrison said that parts of the work in progress had surpassed the CGI movie. The proof is in the pudding... I WANT THAT DEMO NOW!
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
[QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="caseypayne69"]That link just confirmed that the video in 05 was not real time footage. Oh well, but I bet they can get close.donalbane

Yeah... Sony said it was 'in engine,' then the Dutch CGI crew that made the movie came forward and stated that Sony wasn't being honest. Well, if the game ends up looking that good, I'm sure all will be forgiven. I am skeptical, but hey... Phil Harrison said that parts of the work in progress had surpassed the CGI movie. The proof is in the pudding... I WANT THAT DEMO NOW!

Yes the new head of SCEA shouldn't back then have commented on games made by SCEE, it created way too much debacle (is that a word?).
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
yea cant wait to see this game...hopfulyl we get a demo
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I dont know, the level of detail from that video (as far as models textures etc.) doesn't seem to much above Gears of Wars .... The big difference I noticed was the motion blurring and sort of "film-look" it had....  Explosions and effects didn't look much better than what I've seen in Lost Planet so i think something very similar to the E3 trailer is possible ingame on the PS3.... lets hope the developers are good enough to make it a reality....
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="caseypayne69"]That link just confirmed that the video in 05 was not real time footage. Oh well, but I bet they can get close.VonGak

Yes the new head of SCEA shouldn't back then have commented on games made by SCEE, it created way too much debacle (is that a word?).

yeah, but you gotta say "it was a debacle."
BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
Awesome. Can't wait to see how far they've come in the last 2 years.
lancebalog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lancebalog
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts
I dont know, the level of detail from that video (as far as models textures etc.) doesn't seem to much above Gears of Wars .... The big difference I noticed was the motion blurring and sort of "film-look" it had.... Explosions and effects didn't look much better than what I've seen in Lost Planet so i think something very similar to the E3 trailer is possible ingame on the PS3.... lets hope the developers are good enough to make it a reality....ajefferism
wow, i think its been a while since u seen the trailer, go and have another look. ok u see how the textures on the faces of the models dont pixelate? and how realistick the skin tones and the whole thing where they are coming from the sky and u can see the WHOLE city in very sand paper fine detail? yeah man, doesnt look that much better than GOW :P but seriously theres no way u can render those graphics in real time.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
[QUOTE="VonGak"][QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="caseypayne69"]That link just confirmed that the video in 05 was not real time footage. Oh well, but I bet they can get close.donalbane

yeah, but you gotta say "it was a debacle."

Oh, thanks. :)
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#15 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Killzone 3 looking like this... I hope soo.....I'm on ! Multiplayer of my dream...
Sweet God...

jelopek
Killzone 2 you mean?
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Man... march is going to be one HELL of a month.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
right now i feel really bad for these developers. cause the expectation for this game are beyond high, there is no way they are gonna be able to make everyone happy.
51OAK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 51OAK
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
Yaayyyyy, more hype.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
right now i feel really bad for these developers. cause the expectation for this game are beyond high, there is no way they are gonna be able to make everyone happy. joevfx
Is it even possible to make "everyone" happy? I honestly can't fathom a day where everyone agrees on one thing.
robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts
Sorry in advance if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.-voodoo_child-
Link

That cool but i hope they work very hard on gameplay and story because killzone 1 suck so bad not saying killzone 2 will be bad more than likey Guerilla learned from there mistake from there first game and make this a must buy on the ps3
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
This game has one of the most massive budgets in game history.

Let's hope they're putting it to good use - we know they have had roughly 2 years since it was shown in 2005
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
this game will be good, im betting they are putting a lot of effort to make the online experience good.. i just hope there is online coop
slkesm00th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slkesm00th
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
If the rumors are true it's been playable online for almost 6 months - 1 year already.

My hope is that the money and time has been put into pumping up the in-game action/controls/length/quality of the game in general. Sony would love to have this be one of the first games that would be absolutely impossible on a DVD9 .. something the xbox could never feasibly pull off .. therefore making it a high point for BR as well.

Graphics of the caliber in the target video will be hard.. no doubt... but look at motorstorm. The target render was absolutely crazy amazing .. and the game did a fairly good job of getting damn close (with newest reports saying that the demo we have all played on psn is a disservice to the final game).

My guess at this point is that the inflated 100Mil + budget and gigantic freakin dev team have all been poured into making that last little jump from "Damn it looks almost as good as the target render" to "I don't think they were lieing quite so much anymore....."

With all that dev time, I'm looking forward to 20-20 online matches, 4 player co-op (better be online), graphics close to that target and a LONG ... LOOOONG game. to ace Gears imo, all this game has to do is be longer than 7 hours and look about that good... and KZ2 has this year under it's heated barrells ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
If the rumors are true it's been playable online for almost 6 months - 1 year already.

My hope is that the money and time has been put into pumping up the in-game action/controls/length/quality of the game in general. Sony would love to have this be one of the first games that would be absolutely impossible on a DVD9 .. something the xbox could never feasibly pull off .. therefore making it a high point for BR as well.

Graphics of the caliber in the target video will be hard.. no doubt... but look at motorstorm. The target render was absolutely crazy amazing .. and the game did a fairly good job of getting damn close (with newest reports saying that the demo we have all played on psn is a disservice to the final game).

My guess at this point is that the inflated 100Mil + budget and gigantic freakin dev team have all been poured into making that last little jump from "Damn it looks almost as good as the target render" to "I don't think they were lieing quite so much anymore....."

With all that dev time, I'm looking forward to 20-20 online matches, 4 player co-op (better be online), graphics close to that target and a LONG ... LOOOONG game. to ace Gears imo, all this game has to do is be longer than 7 hours and look about that good... and KZ2 has this year under it's heated barrells ;)
slkesm00th
I agree, Sony will try to push the advantages of Blu-Ray, which means two likely scenarios. Either, they cram so many textures on the disc that every single character is unique, or the make the game hours and hours long and including dozens of mp maps. I think it will be combination of the two. Either way, the game will be loaded with content.
Furbyballistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Furbyballistik
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

slkesm00th
this is funny, cuz wat u are expecting from this game is exactly wat im expecting..im sure they are doing it...im sure the people at guerrila kno that online co op is the new thing..and since the first killzone gave you the opportunity to choose out of 4 different players, then why not make it so that all four players can be on screen at once? online!! and for killzone lib. they already had 2 player co op(thou it wasnt online) ....and i already kno that the story is going to be long, cuz the first one was pretty long...i really cant wait for this game!! i jus hope it reaches all our expectations!
KingOfShadowz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KingOfShadowz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="slkesm00th"]If the rumors are true it's been playable online for almost 6 months - 1 year already.

Furbyballistik
this is funny, cuz wat u are expecting from this game is exactly wat im expecting..im sure they are doing it...im sure the people at guerrila kno that online co op is the new thing..and since the first killzone gave you the opportunity to choose out of 4 different players, then why not make it so that all four players can be on screen at once? online!! and for killzone lib. they already had 2 player co op(thou it wasnt online) ....and i already kno that the story is going to be long, cuz the first one was pretty long...i really cant wait for this game!! i jus hope it reaches all our expectations!

I agree as well, put it  this way i cant wait

palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
I get goosebump every time I see the trailer and yes I know thats not the "real game" or whatever. ZD
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
I think you guys are being a little to hard on the original.  I liked the graphics in it.  Wasn't fluid at times and I like jumping but still nice enviroments.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
As happy as I am to hear they're finally showing it, I'm going to caution people about getting their hopes up to some ludicrous level. You're hoping that all th emoney they're pouring into it will give you everything you ever wanted in a FPS and then some, when it's still very possible that it could gfall just short of the E3 video.

Dont over hype yourself on this game, WAIT to see something real before you start saying it'll be the greatest game ever made. I know some of you arnt doing that but the ones that are will be the loudest angriest voices if it dosent and we really dont need that kind of negativity.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
I can't wait for this. I for one love Killzone.
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
I hope this is true.
Bananna2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bananna2
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

As happy as I am to hear they're finally showing it, I'm going to caution people about getting their hopes up to some ludicrous level. You're hoping that all th emoney they're pouring into it will give you everything you ever wanted in a FPS and then some, when it's still very possible that it could gfall just short of the E3 video.

Dont over hype yourself on this game, WAIT to see something real before you start saying it'll be the greatest game ever made. I know some of you arnt doing that but the ones that are will be the loudest angriest voices if it dosent and we really dont need that kind of negativity.
Alpha2

As mucht as i'm hyped for this (and i mean really really hyped) i agree with you

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
[QUOTE="jelopek"]Killzone 3 looking like this... I hope soo.....I'm on ! Multiplayer of my dream...
Sweet God...

trav_have
Killzone 2 you mean?

A Killzone came out the PSP that continued the story.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Keep in mind people, Motorstorm doesn't look 100% like it's E32k5 counterpart, but it's still a darned good looking game. If Killzone 2 is half the game we saw two years ago, it'll still be enough to blow the pants off of Gears of War. Still, it's nice to imagine what it'd be like to actually play somethign as beautiful as that first KZ trailer. :)
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

[QUOTE="trav_have"][QUOTE="jelopek"]Killzone 3 looking like this... I hope soo.....I'm on ! Multiplayer of my dream...
Sweet God...

CR00K
Killzone 2 you mean?

Its Killzone 2 to me b/c i didnt play KZ:L and Killzone 1 and 2 are for a console not a portable device, and liberation wasnt a FPS.  Oh and also liberation didn't have a 2 in the title   I Win!  :lol:

big7boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 big7boss
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts
i can't wait for GDC
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="trav_have"][QUOTE="jelopek"]Killzone 3 looking like this... I hope soo.....I'm on ! Multiplayer of my dream...
Sweet God...

Gokuja

Killzone 2 you mean?

Its Killzone 2 to me b/c i didnt play KZ:L and Killzone 1 and 2 are for a console not a portable device, and liberation wasnt a FPS.  Oh and also liberation didn't have a 2 in the title   I Win!  :lol:

Also, KZ:L had very little story, and didn't follow the plotline that the first KZ began. It was just a spinoff made for the psp set in the Killzone Universe. It will be no more integral to the KZ plot than Daxter is to J&D.
DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 DylanDJK
Member since 2005 • 2001 Posts

Keep in mind people, Motorstorm doesn't look 100% like it's E32k5 counterpart, but it's still a darned good looking game. If Killzone 2 is half the game we saw two years ago, it'll still be enough to blow the pants off of Gears of War. Still, it's nice to imagine what it'd be like to actually play somethign as beautiful as that first KZ trailer. :)Timstuff

Motorstorm COULD look like the CGI, but as you can see the art style shifted from dark and grey to bright and colourful. Come on Killzone 2, Have flaming balls and the audio(one of the BEST gun reloading i have heard!).

MaciejBiela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MaciejBiela
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
indeed the reload sound is jsut great. But according to this all GoW. This is great but Killzone will crush it with all its strenght. no doubt about it.
xxPantherxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 xxPantherxx
Member since 2005 • 2637 Posts
Killzone Demo>Halo 3 "Beta"
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
There is no console that will do that amount of lighting (SSS on the skin, volumetric lighting, etc.) Sorry, it's just not possible, but maybe will be within 5-7 years or so. ;)
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
I said it once I'll say it again dont over sell yourself on this game, WAIT FOR GDC before you start taking bold stances on it, because there's still a very real possibility that it wont be everything you say it is seeing as you havent seen anything but the E3 video.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="dunamistheou"]There is no console that will do that amount of lighting (SSS on the skin, volumetric lighting, etc.) Sorry, it's just not possible, but maybe will be within 5-7 years or so. ;)

its not possible, but it may happen?
HaibaneRenmei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HaibaneRenmei
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts

Looks like no killzone afterall:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762629p1.html

dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
The PS3 isn't capable of hitting the "target render." Expect graphics similar to Gears of War and Motorstorm.
xstrker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xstrker
Member since 2003 • 107 Posts
NO kill Zone wont be there check this out http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762629p1.html
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts
they are tryign to reproduce the graphicsand battles in the render for the actual gamplay :O