This topic is locked from further discussion.

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts
Could there be a Killzone 3 after this one has already devestated fans around the world with its uniquness????
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
of course there will be another killzone, judging by the sheer amount of people online im going to say it's been a big hit.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

Well, I never thought of it actually. But when I think about it... there could as well be a sequel planned. It would be awesome, though, but I don't think we should be talking about it just after Killzone 2 was released. Maybe in the next 5 years there will be a new Killzone game?

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts
Obviously there will be a sequel. The ending was a cliffhanger (depending on how you think) and all the pre-orders+online community will definitely contribute.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Obviously there will be a sequel. The ending was a cliffhanger (depending on how you think) and all the pre-orders+online community will definitely contribute.KurodaMurasaki
I don't think there's room for interpretation in the ending. After all that, there HAS to be a KZ3........
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

just thinking about geurilla for a while, i think that if they do not want to stifle thier creativity they they need to create a new ip, i mean last 4-5 years they would be working on killzone 2, as a company they need more than just one ip, albiet very succesful but if they want to be remembered they need at least one more ip.

You can't just rely on the one thing to drive your company, a rule of buisness never put all your eggs in one basket. They have grown alot as a company but they still have lots of room to grow.

down the line killzone 3 or a diequal or spinoff or something like that is possible down the line, but it would need to be a different game, a fine tuning isn't enough, they would really have to bring some innovation to the genre.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
WOW KZ2 just came out and already people are wondering about a third one....
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KurodaMurasaki
[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]Obviously there will be a sequel. The ending was a cliffhanger (depending on how you think) and all the pre-orders+online community will definitely contribute.hillelslovak
I don't think there's room for interpretation in the ending. After all that, there HAS to be a KZ3........

I just thought
they were F'ed. (Tried my best to make it sound as spoiler-free as possible)
Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts

just thinking about geurilla for a while, i think that if they do not want to stifle thier creativity they they need to create a new ip, i mean last 4-5 years they would be working on killzone 2, as a company they need more than just one ip, albiet very succesful but if they want to be remembered they need at least one more ip.

You can't just rely on the one thing to drive your company, a rule of buisness never put all your eggs in one basket. They have grown alot as a company but they still have lots of room to grow.

down the line killzone 3 or a diequal or spinoff or something like that is possible down the line, but it would need to be a different game, a fine tuning isn't enough, they would really have to bring some innovation to the genre.

adizorz
Nicely put
WOW KZ2 just came out and already people are wondering about a third one....K1LLR3175
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
give it a year or 2 before they say anything for sure. But I would guess about 3 years if they really want to.
Braden-41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Braden-41
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
Screw Killzone 3, Who else cant wait til the 4th one comes out?!?
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I guarantee there will be, but it won't be out for awhile, if it even comes out for PS3. Killzone 2 was in development since at least 2005

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts
woah!!!!! slow down there cowboy lol
HyBridFuRy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 HyBridFuRy
Member since 2003 • 754 Posts

I hope there's a Killzone 3!!

I mean there's Halo 3, so I wouldn't see why not?

I'm actually hoping that the next Killzone 3 will support "Co-op" and head-to-head Versus implemented in the game. It's just that everyone is dissapointed that there's no Co-op or Multi-player in Killzone 2.

Don't you guys all agree?

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
WTF..... Killzone 2 JUST came out!! *sigh* just be happy with what here, and not what 'might be' Jeez
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Yes of course there will be another Killzone game... you'd know that if you'd had seen the ending...
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 K1LLR3175
Yes of course there will be another Killzone game... you'd know that if you'd had seen the ending...americahellyeah
I never played the game,but at the same time I am starting to think that it is easier for game devs to make these games but put huge cliff hangers in them.I mean is the satisfying ending of the end dead?Especially in shooters.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#18 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
After the amount Guerilla gained from this game, they are definitely making another.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]Yes of course there will be another Killzone game... you'd know that if you'd had seen the ending...K1LLR3175
I never played the game,but at the same time I am starting to think that it is easier for game devs to make these games but put huge cliff hangers in them.I mean is the satisfying ending of the end dead?Especially in shooters.

yeah... the ending wasn't very satisfying.. although everything leading up to it was AAAE so no complaints here..
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 K1LLR3175
Yeah I am glad that you enjoyed the game.I just miss the good ol endings were you felt good for beating that final boss and you get the girl and feel proud.Not wow I just spent 6 hours beating this game and I feel that the ending was based on a marketing decision to hype a sequal and cause huge fights on the gaming forums because by the time the nerds get tired of fighting over if such and such actually lived we will have a new teaser trailer for the sequal..and then another trailer and then another but with gameplay video etc,etc.
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
remember it wouldnt take anywhere near as much time as killzone 2 took to make as they already have the engine built now
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 americahellyeah
remember it wouldnt take anywhere near as much time as killzone 2 took to make as they already have the engine built nowbigLLL
QFT.. alot of the time spent was building the engine..
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
uniqueness? god you fanboys never stop Kz2 was overhyped just an AVERAGE shooting nothing me dont bother calling me an xbot i own a ps3
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="delta4062"]uniqueness? god you fanboys never stop Kz2 was overhyped just an AVERAGE shooting nothing me dont bother calling me an xbot i own a ps3

:roll: well then if KZ2 is average.. what would you consider "good"
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
Screw Killzone 3, Who else cant wait til the 4th one comes out?!?Braden-41
Woooohooo Killzone 5! In all seriousness, if they wanted to make one they can make it fast since they have most of the hardest part like the engine and everything created already. Just think how fast COD5 came after COD4.. everything was pretty much made.
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 delta4062
[QUOTE="delta4062"]uniqueness? god you fanboys never stop Kz2 was overhyped just an AVERAGE shooting nothing me dont bother calling me an xbot i own a ps3americahellyeah

Call Of Duty 2,CSS hell even RFOM had more solid shooting than Kz2 kz2 succends in GFX but fails in gunplay anf FPS with crap gunplay= crap FPS
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="delta4062"]uniqueness? god you fanboys never stop Kz2 was overhyped just an AVERAGE shooting nothing me dont bother calling me an xbot i own a ps3delta4062

Call Of Duty 2,CSS hell even RFOM had more solid shooting than Kz2 kz2 succends in GFX but fails in gunplay anf FPS with crap gunplay= crap FPS

COD 2 was amazing, RFOM was amazing, KZ2 is amazing.. (never played CSS, only played CS 1.6) the gameplay was amazing, and its probably my favorite shooter of all time now (previous was COD4) you can't just say "crap gunplay" what didn't you like about it?
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 delta4062
[QUOTE="delta4062"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"] :roll: well then if KZ2 is average.. what would you consider "good"americahellyeah

COD 2 was amazing, RFOM was amazing, KZ2 is amazing.. (never played CSS, only played CS 1.6) the gameplay was amazing, and its probably my favorite shooter of all time now (previous was COD4) you can't just say "crap gunplay" what didn't you like about it?

feels off doesnt feel like your actually hitting anything and dont say its "realist" because even with full recoil i can still perfectly kill my targets
Exardious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Exardious
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
Well developing a new killzone game wouldnt take them another 5 years. They already have the engine in place, and what an engine. They would ofcourse have to implement new environment, units and maybe weapons. But not 5 years. With that said i would much rather se Guerilla take a year or 2 and dedicate it in helping other 1st party developers utilizing the KZ2 enginge with new IPs. Racing games, flight sims, TPS etc.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="delta4062"] Call Of Duty 2,CSS hell even RFOM had more solid shooting than Kz2 kz2 succends in GFX but fails in gunplay anf FPS with crap gunplay= crap FPSdelta4062

feels off doesnt feel like your actually hitting anything and dont say its "realist" because even with full recoil i can still perfectly kill my targets

it doesn't have traditional recoil.. the crosshair just gets bigger and bigger the longer you fire while not in scope...
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 K1LLR3175
Instead of a whole new Killzone game,they just need to focus on making their pride and joy,their baby the best shooter out there.They need to take the Burnout Paradise route and offer up some Free DLC here and there to keep the fans happy.Free stuff for an already good game=Respect amongs you gamers.
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 delta4062
Instead of a whole new Killzone game,they just need to focus on making their pride and joy,their baby the best shooter out there.They need to take the Burnout Paradise route and offer up some Free DLC here and there to keep the fans happy.Free stuff for an already good game=Respect amongs you gamers.K1LLR3175
you dont get much good DLC with FPS games just some new maps nothing WOWZOMFGWTFBBQ
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 K1LLR3175
Thats what I mean.Killzone 2 wants to be different,wants to be unique,wants to make the fans happy?Alright prove it.Bring in new maps,gametypes and some original things to the game when you hear your fans getting bored with it.Make fun and creative things that will make all the other game companies go "WOW I wish i could be that creative"And make your fans say"Damn right Killzone devs,damn right.."
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 delta4062
Thats what I mean.Killzone 2 wants to be different,wants to be unique,wants to make the fans happy?Alright prove it.Bring in new maps,gametypes and some original things to the game when you hear your fans getting bored with it.Make fun and creative things that will make all the other game companies go "WOW I wish i could be that creative"And make your fans say"Damn right Killzone devs,damn right.."K1LLR3175
Your starting to sound like an infomercial
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 K1LLR3175
Well it is true.All game devs should make their fans happy,Creativity=Happiness.Happiness=Success,Success=Gettting freaky at night,Getting Freaky at night=A very creative and productive morning.Creative and productive morning=Creativity.See the circle.
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Instead of a whole new Killzone game,they just need to focus on making their pride and joy,their baby the best shooter out there.They need to take the Burnout Paradise route and offer up some Free DLC here and there to keep the fans happy.Free stuff for an already good game=Respect amongs you gamers.delta4062
you dont get much good DLC with FPS games just some new maps nothing WOWZOMFGWTFBBQ

remember though, geurilla said that they were 'looking into' co-op, so i think that says something about their goals on making killzone 2 even better

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="delta4062"][QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Instead of a whole new Killzone game,they just need to focus on making their pride and joy,their baby the best shooter out there.They need to take the Burnout Paradise route and offer up some Free DLC here and there to keep the fans happy.Free stuff for an already good game=Respect amongs you gamers.adizorz

remember though, geurilla said that they were 'looking into' co-op, so i think that says something about their goals on making killzone 2 even better

A DLC with co-op for local and online would make sense. Big let-down, since the Online is so amazing the only thing it could be made better by is co-op like Resistance 2 or the whole campaign.
gtyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gtyu
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

there will be another killzone but it will take a solid 3-5 years

and the ending kinda says that there is another game

zowbaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zowbaid
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

Yes there will be a Killzone 3...I saw one of the interviews of the producers of the game and they said they had a ton of new ideas they wanted to use in Killzone 2, but since its too late to put them..they said it would be a good idea for another Killzone2, plus the ending was a total cliffhanger. Man it's exactly what they said. "We're **** way.." hahah.

maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
most probably yeah there will be, but the second one just came out lol so give the third like another couple of years
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

uniqueness? god you fanboys never stop Kz2 was overhyped just an AVERAGE shooting nothing me dont bother calling me an xbot i own a ps3delta4062

Just cause you "might" own a PS3 doesn't mean you played Killzone 2.