• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

---------******* For PS3 fans Only! *******---------

There's a simmilar thread in SW but Lems and Sheep will probably vote for ridiculous scores to own Cows. So... yeah. What score do you think Killzone 2 will get? Will graphics be like the trailer? Will it be Halo killer? Discuss.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
If the graphics and gameplay elements are as good as the trailer and the  Online and story are great I think it will get a 9.6. But they've really kept this game quiet and keeping a high profile game that quiet for 2 years makes me think this game will live up to the expectations.
RJ2000_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RJ2000_24
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts
No game can beat an overhyped game.  Unless we over hype our game.  I mean honestly, if Halo would have bene a PS game it would have been just another game.  Microsofts pull is just too big.  So screw worrying about "competing" with others.  Just make a good, original, and appetizing game.  I would be happy with that. 
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
plus look how many developers are working on the titles and Sony and Guerilla putting $50 millions + into the game.
Avatar image for xcoregamerskill
xcoregamerskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xcoregamerskill
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
Lets just hope it's as good as Resistance. if you want to talk about a Halo killer, that's the IP right there. Anyone else out there anticipating the sequel already? 
lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
Killzone had a relly good sotry and great art. It's just that it had many bugs and the story wan't told very well. But look at killzone liberation. That game was a real improvement. I think killzone 2 will have the chance and it might be a halo killer but only time will tell.
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts
plus look how many developers are working on the titles and Sony and Guerilla putting $50 millions + into the game. aka_aj03
Budget is big but a little over 20 million and not 50.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
I tend to stay away from hyping games. I have done so ever since Resistance got slain by GS. But I can say that Killzone 2 will probably get at least a 7.0. Honestly, since we know virtually nothing about it (Including it's official name even!) it's hard to predict anything. for all we know, it could just be a big stink bomb. (highly doubtful).
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
i heard a rumor that if you were a kilzone dev and you told anybody anything about killzone 2, you would be fired. Sounds pretty tight to me.
h0wtehnub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 h0wtehnub
Member since 2006 • 730 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]plus look how many developers are working on the titles and Sony and Guerilla putting $50 millions + into the game. LiquidMetal14
Budget is big but a little over 20 million and not 50.

i think hes counting the advertisment too when the game does come out.
daburke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daburke03
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts
as long as its as good as halo 2 and resistance it'll be great
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts
I have no doubt that Sony will create a landmark FPS, AAA for sure
ticalmc2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ticalmc2k2
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
I love Resistance and think it was underrated, but Killzone 2 better be even better than that.  I think it will but the big question is, will everyone else think so?  I don't care myself what everyone else thinks, but if it doesn't get mass accolades by the media then 360/Halo fanboys will swear up and down that it sucks.  I think it'll be insane considering the secrecy around it and the record-breaking budget it has.  They're probably working they're asses off trying to get it to match the E3 trailer as much as possible.
kevass007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 kevass007
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
that games looks absolutly amazing and intense, but i never liked killzone and i doubt the gameplay will be like that so i'd say 7.9
-DeathDealer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -DeathDealer-
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
My guess is 9.9:D
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

---------******* For PS3 fans Only! *******---------

There's a simmilar thread in SW but Lems and Sheep will probably vote for ridiculous scores to own Cows. So... yeah. What score do you think Killzone 2 will get? Will graphics be like the trailer? Will it be Halo killer? Discuss.

Timesplitter14
Its won't rate a game base on a trailer of the game, I have to see the game running in real time to base a realtime accessment of it.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
No matter what there are going to be haters that find something wrong with it. It could be exactly like the trailer and someone will say "it's too linear" or say it's short or something as long as it can be used to bing the score down 2 whole poitns from where it should be.

Mark my words.
shazanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 shazanarkand
Member since 2003 • 406 Posts
What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 G-Legend

What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.shazanarkand

LMAO:lol: that'd be hilarious a 2D game...

EDIT: I'd prolly be like WTF?! when I first see it.

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.shazanarkand

Id just stare :|  Like that until they say "Fooled you" and then if they show something completley mind blowing id probly starty crying and yelling insane because it looks so good.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts

AAA   9.7  

Killzone 2 is gonna have better graphix and gameplay then Halo 3

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 G-Legend

[QUOTE="shazanarkand"]What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.GsSanAndreas

Id just stare :|  Like that until they say "Fooled you" and then if they show something completley mind blowing id probly starty crying and yelling insane because it looks so good.

Another thing would be if they showed like Halo 3 and then did Halo What? and then showed Killzone 2 blowing Halo out of the water, but they couldn't do that.

shazanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shazanarkand

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="shazanarkand"]What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.G-Legend

Another thing would be if they showed like Halo 3 and then did Halo What? and then showed Killzone 2 blowing Halo out of the water, but they couldn't do that.

They could if they modified how he looks... something like a different shaped helmet and in a full pink suit lol
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="shazanarkand"]What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.shazanarkand

Id just stare :| Like that until they say "Fooled you" and then if they show something completley mind blowing id probly starty crying and yelling insane because it looks so good.

They could if they modified how he looks... something like a different shaped helmet and in a full pink suit lol

i know what they could do. Say: NOW PRESENTING KILL ZONE 2! And then show killzone 1 gameplay. Then phil goes: wait wait! stop! that's the wrong game! And then instantly making a transition to killzone 2 graphics with the same scene. That would be effing amazing. Or like one of the devs said, show the trailer, then hand the controller to one of the viewers after it ends.
stinkeyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stinkeyb
Member since 2005 • 713 Posts

i think its safe to say that Sony already has everyone hooked.Think about it. Sony set the bar so high with the trailer that it had everyone wanting to see more. Sony then shut the door and said wait till you see what we have to show you. I think Sony knows what their doing because if this game doesn't deliver it will be a great big disappointment. In order to meet that high mark they set with the trailer, they have to stay quiet and have a larger than average budget. If they prematurely release images or video of this game then they stand a chance of loosing everything they gained with the trailer. i think they are going to get as close to the trailer as the PS3 will allow them to at this time. If this game is a success this early in the systems life cycle then it will be amazing as to what they can do later on.

im guessing a 9 from GS.

shazanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shazanarkand

i think its safe to say that Sony already has everyone hooked.Think about it. Sony set the bar so high with the trailer that it had everyone wanting to see more. Sony then shut the door and said wait till you see what we have to show you. I think Sony knows what their doing because if this game doesn't deliver it will be a great big disappointment. In order to meet that high mark they set with the trailer, they have to stay quiet and have a larger than average budget. If they prematurely release images or video of this game then they stand a chance of loosing everything they gained with the trailer. i think they are going to get as close to the trailer as the PS3 will allow them to at this time. If this game is a success this early in the systems life cycle then it will be amazing as to what they can do later on.

im guessing a 9 from GS.

stinkeyb
True... My guess is if they surpass the graphics in the video then the gameplay is alot of fun like the original with no bugs a 9.7+
stinkeyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stinkeyb
Member since 2005 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="shazanarkand"][QUOTE="G-Legend"]

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="shazanarkand"]What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.junk56

Id just stare :| Like that until they say "Fooled you" and then if they show something completley mind blowing id probly starty crying and yelling insane because it looks so good.

i know what they could do. Say: NOW PRESENTING KILL ZONE 2! And then show killzone 1 gameplay. Then phil goes: wait wait! stop! that's the wrong game! And then instantly making a transition to killzone 2 graphics with the same scene. That would be effing amazing. Or like one of the devs said, show the trailer, then hand the controller to one of the viewers after it ends.

yeah i think that will be cool if they did that junk56
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 G-Legend
[QUOTE="shazanarkand"][QUOTE="G-Legend"]

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="shazanarkand"]What would be funny is when they unveil it saying something like "This is real Killzone 2 Gameplay." Then they show some 2D game for 15 seconds then move on to another game fooling everyone. Then coming straight back and saying fooled you. Then showing something that is the most coolest sickest bestest and what ever really bad english thing comes to mine video of gameplay.junk56

That'd be sick :D

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

Well, I'm arguably the biggest Killzone fanatic on the boards (ask some of the older members around here, some of them could probably vouch for me).

I'm a Killzone VIP over at the Playstation Underground, one of the admins at KillzoneUnit.com, a member of 3-4 Killzone-related unions, a writer of numerous upcoming fan-fiction pieces, a submitter to pretty much every Killzone-related contest since 2005, have some video stuff coming up soon that is Killzone-related, and have had my Helghast icon since joining Gamespot.

Anyways, on to the topic, yes I do feel that Guerrilla will be able to make the game looks just as good as the trailer in terms of the graphics. When first-gen PS3 games like Virtua Tennis, Virtua Fighter, Lair, etc. and early second-gen games like Uncharted, all look as awesome as they do, I can't see why Killzone (which isn't coming out for AT LEAST a year) wouldn't match its trailer in terms of graphics, given how excellent Guerrilla's work was in regards to graphics on the games of the series so far, with significantly smaller teams and a lower budget.

However, I don't feel that the AI will be as good as it seemed in the trailer, I'm expecting somewhere around, or slightly better than that in Half Life 2 and F.E.A.R., which is perfectly fine by me, but, if Guerrilla somehow managed to pull off something like what was in the trailer, I'd be ecstatic.

Other than the AI, I actually think that everything in the trailer is easily attainable.

As for what it will score here on Gamespot, I really can't say, as I haven't had a chance to try out the game yet, however, Killzone: Liberation is 1.4 points better than the original, so the quality can only go up-hill from here.

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

i know what they could do. Say: NOW PRESENTING KILL ZONE 2! And then show killzone 1 gameplay. Then phil goes: wait wait! stop! that's the wrong game! And then instantly making a transition to killzone 2 graphics with the same scene. That would be effing amazing. Or like one of the devs said, show the trailer, then hand the controller to one of the viewers after it ends.junk56

It would be better if Phil Harrison had Mathijs DeJonge (the game's director) come onto the stage at E3 2007, and start showing off the new downloadable chapter for Liberation on a PSP, and then have him say that you could unlock cool bonuses by doing stuff, and that he has one bonus to show us.

Then, on the gigantic screen, it starts off with the E3 2005 trailer, the part where they are in the sky, and just as that first guy's head is about to show up on-screen, it completely changes to in-game footage from another area, and after three minutes of it, it says the following:

"Play the Demo at 6pm PST today, via PSN"

----------------------------

I'd end up like Malfunctioning Eddie from Futurama.

shazanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shazanarkand

[QUOTE="junk56"] i know what they could do. Say: NOW PRESENTING KILL ZONE 2! And then show killzone 1 gameplay. Then phil goes: wait wait! stop! that's the wrong game! And then instantly making a transition to killzone 2 graphics with the same scene. That would be effing amazing. Or like one of the devs said, show the trailer, then hand the controller to one of the viewers after it ends.Xanog1

It would be better if Phil Harrison had Mathijs DeJonge (the game's director) come onto the stage at E3 2007, and start showing off the new downloadable chapter for Liberation on a PSP, and then have him say that you could unlock cool bonuses by doing stuff, and that he has one bonus to show us.

Then, on the gigantic screen, it starts off with the E3 2005 trailer, the part where they are in the sky, and just as that first guy's head is about to show up on-screen, it completely changes to in-game footage from another area, and after three minutes of it, it says the following:

"Play the Demo at 6pm PST today, via PSN"

----------------------------

I'd end up like Malfunctioning Eddie from Futurama.

Or when the guy's head comes into view and the ships fly by and they head into the clouds under the clouds its a huge storm (showing off their weather engine and so on) they land and then Mathijs Dejonge whips out a PS3 controller and starts playing the game. The weather is howling and the Thunder eluminates the setting. Explosions scatter across the clouds and so on. Everyone in the theatre is quiet in complete shock. 3 minutes later Mathijs pauses the game and says "Killzone 2"
shazanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shazanarkand
After the showing PS3 sales jump 400% lol
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 G-Legend

After the showing PS3 sales jump 400% lolshazanarkand

LOL

shazanarkand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shazanarkand
/bump good thread here keep the discussion going
nacademy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nacademy
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
on gamespot: 6.8 just like shenmue on any other sane website: 9.4
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
Regarding the GS score it gets, you guys are forgetting somthin.... go look at the F1 review.. and the vf 5 review The pros will be Pros: The best graphics ever witnessed HUGE, amazing online with vast replayibility great gamplay Cons: Lack of chainsaw bayonet then it will get an 8 in graphics and an 8 in gameplay, and a 7 in value and tilt... since you know.. tilt means somthing... and all oh, but the sound will get a 9.. for the sweet bullet sounds... So... my guess on what gs will give it: 7.8 (i think i did that math right) (hidden con: Black console playing it)
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
After the showing PS3 sales jump 400% lolshazanarkand
:lol: Plus I could see GS giving it a lower score than everyone else too lol.
Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
I am so pumped for this game....I think it will be a huge success.
TheJihadJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheJihadJoe
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
its been kept on the DL but im hoping for the best
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

This is the reason why I brought my PS3, I want to see what Guerrilla and Sony can deliver with KillZone on the PS3.

Imagine if they show the same trailer from E3 05, and everyone like wtf is this it the same thing. However, this time Phil secretly playing the game and he surprises everyone with his British accent "That what you see here is in fact actual game play from E3 05"

xboxshenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 xboxshenron
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
I think it will look about as good as the trailer cuz Motorstorm looks about as good as its trailer.
As far as ratings go, i think it will get in the 9's and as far as being a halo killer doubt it but it doesn't really matter cuz Halo will be over after 3 anyway
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
Its far to early to tell I mean come on we haven't seen any thing about Killzone no screens no ingame movies. I will only pass judgement on it when I actually see what it will really look like. By the way I hope it does look as good as the original trailer but we will see.
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
killzone is on ps3 while halo is on 360 i dont get how they would kill each other......
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
only place i see Killzone PS3 getting hyped in on forums, Sony devq have never been good at hyping their own stuff, and its to early for mags to talk about the game, if your a true fan of the series turn it down abit so that it dosnt blow up in out faces, though i'm sure no matter how it turns out we'll still get an ear full from the MS fanatics, even for the most stupid of things
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
I don't think people are going to reasonably expect the visual quality as seen in the trailer. I'm not saying it can't happen, just saying that it might not happen. That said, what was more impressive about the trailer was the experience shown. If Sony/Guerrilla can deliver an experience similar to that and maintain that kind of standard for the game, we could be looking at an AAA game.
volcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 volcus
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
unlike last time they've kept their mouth shut and have been pretty secretive. killzone liberation was a sign of improvement and i think no doubt guerrilla will deliver this time, or at least a big improvement. You would think after killzone they could at least do better rather than worse.
NordicBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NordicBeast
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
It's still mindboggling how there is / was so much hype about a sequel to a game that wasn't that well received in the first place. All over a flashy trailer?
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
killzone on psp was fun and interesting. im sure the ps3 version will take the stage / spotlight.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Killzone 2 is hard to discuss as a real game because Sony hasn't released anything more than a 2 year old CGI movie and a bunch of promises that the game is going to look better than any game ever made. This would be a better thread if it came out after some actual data was released. As far as it goes now, this thread is just a conjecture factory. What this question really concerns with is "How much can you trust Sony."
JB007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JB007
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts

I think it will look about as good as the trailer cuz Motorstorm looks about as good as its trailer.
xboxshenron

What?…. If I may suggest visit your local optometrist and check your vision because something is out of wack.