killzone 2 could be our halo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
if sony promotes it good. this is a definte system seller and i wish sony would seize this by going all out with this title. fans and industry people are very excited about this game. a little self-promotion wouldn't hurt at all.
Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
Stop. Please, just stop.
Harryhit4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Harryhit4
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
Why the hell is everyone saying games could be "our halo"? I'm tired of it. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HALO AND KILLZONE.
janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 janzaruk
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
Who said we wanted a "Halo" I know where I can play it if I want too.  Sorry, buddy.
There are too many other games that deserve hype as well.  
WickedSion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WickedSion
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

As much as I am one to see a new massive FPS series to storm the market. I don't think KZ2 will be our Halo.

I remember when the original Killzone was in the making. Game Magazine had covers stating that it would be the "HALO KILLER"...it clearly wasn't. For months we were shown beautiful images and read about some great features. The end result, a mediocre FPS that although had a nice fan base, was by no means a Halo Killer.
Killzone 2 may be pretty and wonderful, but I still am not going to jump on the "PS3 Halo" just yet. Maybe this game will be on par with the other FPS games, but I have to wait to see if they deliver on the goods this time.

Also, I always thought Halos effect had to do with Master Chief being an Iconic character and fun multiplayer, over graphics and anything else.

[edit] I am looking more towards UT3 and Haze, over KillZone 2.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

No! Ps3 does not need a Halo. KZ2 is going to be amazing but I don't care about the "KZ2 the new Halo" thing because the're two different games.

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
Nah, just stop.
tfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tfaa
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
......I really wish people would stop comparing everything to Halo...its really stupid.
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

Why do ps3 only owners want a halo.

If they want it that bad the best option is to go get a 360 and halo, franchises like halo/gta only come along once in awhile and it takes something special to compete on that level(commercial/critical success).

And how anybody can say KZ2 deserves or should be the "next halo" is just silly, i remember killzone 1 when the first gameplay vids came it looked awesome all these cool gameplay features were touted and yet it was an average sci-fi fps.

I hope killzone 2 is better than halo i own both systems and it be cool to have "a halo" type game(in temrs of commercial/critical success) it would help ps3 greatly, but i will reserve judgement untill i play it instead of hyping up a game i seen some pretty gameplay footage of, it looks good but we all no looking and playing are two different things.

BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
I'm sure what he means, is it will be as popular and fun to play as Halo. I love the Halo series, if I had a 360 it would be only to play Halo online because its fun. I don't expect KZ2 to be anything close to Halo, and from the looks of it it wont be. I'm just hoping KZ2 will have its own unique gameplay that is as fun as halo, if not better. Halo isn't the end all beat all of games, its just a successful FPS with a healthy fanbase.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

I think I posted a thread about this a while ago that people need to stop comparing everything single game that exists to Halo. Halo is very very much overrated. Half-Life was and is a better game handsdown.

I personally don't want to see Halo on the PS3 that is just me. I want original games.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
If you want Halo, get a 360. If you want Killzone, get a PS3. Don't turn this into System Wars.