Keyboard and mouse on PS3????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atrechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 atrechi
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I wanted to know if we can connect an USB Keyboard and mouse to play RTS games, or FPS games on the PS3

cuz if we can, it's way better to spend $600 on the PS3 than $3000 on a farly good PC

ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
a mouse and keyboard would be amazing for FPS on the PS3
JcNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JcNasty
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts
logitech is coming out with a mouse keyboard combo
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
u can use any Usb mouse and keyboard but u dont know if u could Play a FPS
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
keyboard and mouse use will be on a game-to-game basis. I believe UT4 will support keyboard and mouse for the console versions. but other FPS will not. it's all up to the developers.
jechts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jechts
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
and with bluetooth it will enable wireless mouse and keyboard too
lafsdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lafsdave
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts
First im very surprised that my logitech pc mouse is full compatible with all games, and almost any usb keyboard pc is!!! the ps3 is so technologicaly advance... and another surprise i got... my old momo racing 3 years old...is a pc racing wheel... well i plugged it in the ps3 on the Grand Turismo HD concept and everything was already configured!! nothing to do.... well i love it........ i got a 360 but as soon as march is coming with the huge list of game coming out that month i think my 360 will miss me ;-) boycott to Microsoft
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

and with bluetooth it will enable wireless mouse and keyboard toojechts

Yep!!! I use the wireless Dinovo from logitech...it's awsome, and it makes it a lot easyer to surf the net.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
First im very surprised that my logitech pc mouse is full compatible with all games, and almost any usb keyboard pc is!!! the ps3 is so technologicaly advance... and another surprise i got... my old momo racing 3 years old...is a pc racing wheel... well i plugged it in the ps3 on the Grand Turismo HD concept and everything was already configured!! nothing to do.... well i love it........ i got a 360 but as soon as march is coming with the huge list of game coming out that month i think my 360 will miss me ;-) boycott to Microsoftlafsdave
so your mouse can be used in Resistance? umm......no. you guys totally missed the question. the question was, "can I use a keyboard and mouse IN GAMES?" not "can the PS3 use keyboard and mouse?"
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I think it will work for non gaming only... and the Logitech that is coming out (hawt!) has a touchpad like a laptop, which = not so great for gaming even if it did work in-game.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MERC_RECONN

First im very surprised that my logitech pc mouse is full compatible with all games, and almost any usb keyboard pc is!!! the ps3 is so technologicaly advance... and another surprise i got... my old momo racing 3 years old...is a pc racing wheel... well i plugged it in the ps3 on the Grand Turismo HD concept and everything was already configured!! nothing to do.... well i love it........ i got a 360 but as soon as march is coming with the huge list of game coming out that month i think my 360 will miss me ;-) boycott to Microsoftlafsdave

Agreed!!! Almost all of my Pc accessories worked with my Ps3...but there are some things I'm still trying to figure out.lol

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MERC_RECONN

[QUOTE="lafsdave"]First im very surprised that my logitech pc mouse is full compatible with all games, and almost any usb keyboard pc is!!! the ps3 is so technologicaly advance... and another surprise i got... my old momo racing 3 years old...is a pc racing wheel... well i plugged it in the ps3 on the Grand Turismo HD concept and everything was already configured!! nothing to do.... well i love it........ i got a 360 but as soon as march is coming with the huge list of game coming out that month i think my 360 will miss me ;-) boycott to Microsofteclipsed4utoo
so your mouse can be used in Resistance? umm......no. you guys totally missed the question. the question was, "can I use a keyboard and mouse IN GAMES?" not "can the PS3 use keyboard and mouse?"

URT4 is the only game so far, but I'll bet you KZ2  will utilize this function, and that would really make it a halo killer.