This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vampire7639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Vampire7639
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts

Imagine there being a Jurassic Park game for the next-gen consoles. They could probably make it really good, and it would be great to play as a hunter escaping and shooting the massive dinosaurs. The game could be set on an island totally inhabited by dinosaurs, and you are in a rescue team or something. You get to go through missions and stuff (they would require some serious thought), but it could also be free-roaming so you can explore the island and hunt down dinosaurs.

Anyone like the idea?

814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 814StopsToday
Member since 2007 • 1390 Posts

Jurrassic Parl Game-Hell YES!

The first part of the game should be on on rails shooter (maybe photgraphy style) in them kick ass jeeps, then wallop, your off the rails and free to ride a velociraptor home

jonpeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jonpeck
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

id love that putting it in a story or put it in a mercenries style game

DoggySpew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 DoggySpew
Member since 2003 • 2069 Posts

Imagine there being a Jurassic Park game for the next-gen consoles. They could probably make it really good, and it would be great to play as a hunter escaping and shooting the massive dinosaurs. The game could be set on an island totally inhabited by dinosaurs, and you are in a rescue team or something. You get to go through missions and stuff (they would require some serious thought), but it could also be free-roaming so you can explore the island and hunt down dinosaurs.

Anyone like the idea?

Vampire7639

Jurassic Park is my all time favourite flick AND book (Even though there are better flicks out there, this remains my favourite). I had a similar idea in my head for quite some time.

I imagine a GTA like game, where you the character (Who is an undercover gun-for-hire for InGen) must find evidence that BioSyn stole patented technology from InGen, by collecting DNA samples. However, during your search, something goes wrong and Dino's are on the loose now, eating and hunting human tourists and other Dino's. This has also the effect that the large Island complex can be entered more deeply since all the electric fences are out. You must discover what whent wrong, and you have make alliances with the people you are actually investigating to survive.

Maybe a 4-way storyline could be nice. One with the story above, the second for the rescueteam you mentioned, and the third from a BioSyn lowlevel employee veterinarian (Ala Robert Muldoon) who doesn't know what BioSyn did. And fourth, from a Raptor's point of view.

Alas, no such game is in the making *whimper*

rompetraseros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rompetraseros
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts
yes i love the idea
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Anyone like the idea?

Vampire7639

isnt Turok basically that?

KSD22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KSD22
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Jurassic Park is old like really really old prehistoric even. They cashed in on that franchise ages ago. Ain't nobody gonna invest money on making another Jurassic Park game. Back when Jurassic Park was hot like 20 games came out. In other words don't hold your breath.  

814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 814StopsToday

Jurassic Park is old like really really old prehistoric even. They cashed in on that franchise ages ago. Ain't nobody gonna invest money on making another Jurassic Park game. Back when Jurassic Park was hot like 20 games came out. In other words don't hold your breath.  

KSD22

and the fact that JP4 is on the cards after Indie 4 means what then?

JackyBryant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JackyBryant
Member since 2003 • 111 Posts
Yeah, apparently Turok is going for some really cool ideas. For one, a major part of the game will be being stalked by dinosaurs in dense jungle and having to fend off intense attacks that seem to come out of nowhere. Apparently, there are also scenes in tall grass as well. It sounds like they've been influenced by the tall grass scene in JP2 and the scene with Muldoon and the raptors in JP1. I agree, a primary dinosaur experience (without any mechanized crap) would be best, but I'll take any dinos I can get. It's the only reason I played King Kong.
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

that would be insane

and i dont think he means shooting at fake have flesh have robot dinosaurs

dont get me wrong Turok is an awesome game but not as awesome as JP is

KSD22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KSD22
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
[QUOTE="KSD22"]

814StopsToday

If the JP4 comes out then thats a whole new story, you'll see a whole new IP and hence another 20 games for 

every console. Thats if JP 4 comes out. 

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dstryr13
[QUOTE="814StopsToday"][QUOTE="KSD22"]

KSD22

If the JP4 comes out then thats a whole new story, you'll see a whole new IP and hence another 20 games for 

every console. Thats if JP 4 comes out. 

the cast has already been set

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
Darn-it, I wanted to be the first to say Turok.
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
I have been a long time advocate for a new Jurassic Park game. And you know what.... we may just get our wish. Jurassic Park 4 (movie) is in the works to start production for a 2008 to early 2009 release date. It will be directed by Steven Spielburg (thank god) and there is a rumor floating about that the actress that played Ellie Sattler has been asked to join the cast. As we all know that whenever there is a Jurassic Park movie made... there is usually a Jurassic Park game. Unfortunatly for JP 3, the game they were making for that was canned... it had promise too. There was however the 3 JP3 GBA games (suck) and the Operation Genesis game released around that time frame. I'm currently rereading the Jurassic Park novels (done with JP... and half way through LW: JP) and have been loving it. Jurassic Park games I currently own: Jurassic Park - Genesis Jurassic Park - Game Gear Jurassic Park Rampage Edition - Genesis Jurassic Park - Sega CD Lost World Jurassic Park - Genesis Lost World Jurassic Park - Game Gear Lost World Jurassic Park - Playstation Jurassic Park games I have owned but no longer own due to no longer owning the system: Jurassic Park - SNES Jurassic Park 2 - SNES Lost World Jurassic Park - Game.com Jurassic Park - 3DO There are many other games than that regardding JP... one of which is the Sega Arcade Shooter based on the Lost World that I was hoping they would port to Dreamcast... which they never did. :( Oh well. Here's hoping they release a Jurassic Park title for PS3 either based off the new movie or something entirely different... just so long as it's good! :D
alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts

lmao, i've got plenty of JP games that I even made a comment about in the games section of my profile.  they were all great on each respective console.

a new-gen remake would be nice, but it would have to be based on the first JP movie, the sequels were just rotten to the core.

plg2307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 plg2307
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts

I have been a long time advocate for a new Jurassic Park game. And you know what.... we may just get our wish. Jurassic Park 4 (movie) is in the works to start production for a 2008 to early 2009 release date. It will be directed by Steven Spielburg (thank god) and there is a rumor floating about that the actress that played Ellie Sattler has been asked to join the cast. As we all know that whenever there is a Jurassic Park movie made... there is usually a Jurassic Park game. Unfortunatly for JP 3, the game they were making for that was canned... it had promise too. There was however the 3 JP3 GBA games (suck) and the Operation Genesis game released around that time frame. I'm currently rereading the Jurassic Park novels (done with JP... and half way through LW: JP) and have been loving it. Jurassic Park games I currently own: Jurassic Park - Genesis Jurassic Park - Game Gear Jurassic Park Rampage Edition - Genesis Jurassic Park - Sega CD Lost World Jurassic Park - Genesis Lost World Jurassic Park - Game Gear Lost World Jurassic Park - Playstation Jurassic Park games I have owned but no longer own due to no longer owning the system: Jurassic Park - SNES Jurassic Park 2 - SNES Lost World Jurassic Park - Game.com Jurassic Park - 3DO There are many other games than that regardding JP... one of which is the Sega Arcade Shooter based on the Lost World that I was hoping they would port to Dreamcast... which they never did. :( Oh well. Here's hoping they release a Jurassic Park title for PS3 either based off the new movie or something entirely different... just so long as it's good! :DTelekill

Jurassik park fetishist! :shock:

Joking :P

I love JP too

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing that too, but you'll just have to settle for Turok.
814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 814StopsToday

I have been a long time advocate for a new Jurassic Park game. And you know what.... we may just get our wish. Jurassic Park 4 (movie) is in the works to start production for a 2008 to early 2009 release date. It will be directed by Steven Spielburg (thank god) and there is a rumor floating about that the actress that played Ellie Sattler has been asked to join the cast. As we all know that whenever there is a Jurassic Park movie made... there is usually a Jurassic Park game. Unfortunatly for JP 3, the game they were making for that was canned... it had promise too. There was however the 3 JP3 GBA games (suck) and the Operation Genesis game released around that time frame. I'm currently rereading the Jurassic Park novels (done with JP... and half way through LW: JP) and have been loving it. Jurassic Park games I currently own: Jurassic Park - Genesis Jurassic Park - Game Gear Jurassic Park Rampage Edition - Genesis Jurassic Park - Sega CD Lost World Jurassic Park - Genesis Lost World Jurassic Park - Game Gear Lost World Jurassic Park - Playstation Jurassic Park games I have owned but no longer own due to no longer owning the system: Jurassic Park - SNES Jurassic Park 2 - SNES Lost World Jurassic Park - Game.com Jurassic Park - 3DO There are many other games than that regardding JP... one of which is the Sega Arcade Shooter based on the Lost World that I was hoping they would port to Dreamcast... which they never did. :( Oh well. Here's hoping they release a Jurassic Park title for PS3 either based off the new movie or something entirely different... just so long as it's good! :DTelekill

Well, God f'd you over because Joe Jonhston of JP3 and Honey, I Shrunk the kids fame, is directing, sorry

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dstryr13

is Ellie Sattler character the young girl?

if so on yahoo movies they say it is supposedly going to be Keira Knightley playing her, as an older version of course

gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts

is Ellie Sattler character the young girl?

if so on yahoo movies they say it is supposedly going to be Keira Knightley playing her, as an older version of course

dstryr13

No, she's the paleontologist.

I would love a next gen JP game.:)  The best JP game was The Lost World for the PS.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Well, God f'd you over because Joe Jonhston of JP3 and Honey, I Shrunk the kids fame, is directing, sorry

814StopsToday
LINK TO NEWS Jurassic Park 4: Dern Returns A casting rumor and a connection to the first film. by Paul Davidson April 9, 2007 - Laura Dern played one of the original Jurassic Park's main characters, but missed out on the second adventure and had only a minor appearance in Jurassic Park III. She may, however, be one of the key stars returning for the fourth tale in the series. According to Collider.com, Dern revealed she had spoken with producer Steven Spielberg over the phone and was being asked to join the cast for Jurassic Park IV. "I'm told it's happening and I'm told they're calling me," said the actress. "I'm told that Ellie Sattler [Dern's character in the series] is involved in it." The news is also welcome from another standpoint: It's further confirmation that production on the movie is finally set to begin. Dern said they wanted to shoot within the year, and to release JP4 in 2008. Whether that tight schedule can be maintained remains to be seen, but a release in early 2009 at the latest seems quite certain at this point. Dern did not, unfortunately, know if any of her other fellow Jurassic Park alumni were joining the production. Laura Dern recently appeared in the David Lynch film Inland Empire; she also has a lead role in the upcoming police drama Tenderness. ________________________________ Looks ilke Spielburg is the Producer... but still... glad to see he's putting his stamp of approval on it.
kelindas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kelindas02
Member since 2004 • 343 Posts

if they made a JP game I also would like to see a remake... HOWEVER! not one from any of the consoles...

if any of you have seen the arcade railgun shooter (ala House of the dead/ Time Crisis) that SEGA brought out a long time ago... A remake of that game and finally bringing that game home to a console near you with added goodies would be too sexy.

I would scoop it up real quick. 

buffdaddy500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 buffdaddy500
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts
if it was from a 3rd person POV and i'd love to see this happen. (not a fan of 1st person pov as it makes me dizzy... sad but true)
icetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 icetan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
they should make a jurassic park 3 dino rampage based on the film but theres a special mode called human carnage and your a velociraptor and you hace to kill human if you get hit 5 time by a bullet you turn into a chompey get hit 5 times again you die
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Geez, the last Jurassic Park game I played was Lost World for PS1 lol Come to think of it I think it was the last JP game lol
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

Anyone like the idea?

Vampire7639

I would much rather have a new Dino Crisis.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

You should play Monster Hunter.

rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

I'd never really thought about it, but yeah, that would be an awesome game!

SirTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SirTheory
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

I watched Jurassic Park about 3 weeks ago for the first time in aaaaages. I have to say that that got me thirsty for a current-gen Jurassic Park game. Recognizing that there probably wouldn't be one, I picked up up Turok. BIG MISTAKE. Just a terrible excuse for a game... even if the targets ARE dinosaurs. I returned it right quick.

So yeah... Jurassic Park would be killer on the PS3.

weenus-shotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 weenus-shotz
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts
If they were to make a jurassic park game it should be free roam like oblivion or fallout 3 Jurassic park would be amazing for that
Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
I think a new Jurrasic Park movie is in the making with that a horde of games will follow.
Ficadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ficadin
Member since 2003 • 132 Posts

I loved Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis on the PS2. And I remember liking the story line from Trespasser from way back in the day. A remake or re-telling of either one of those games would be good.

Sinantra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sinantra
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

They Should Make A Jurassic Park Game For Ps3 and Xbox 360 mixing ideas from the first movie and second movie The Novels esspecially cause they are absolutely the best, and new stuff and also to allow u to choose ur fav character Ian Malcolm, Dr Alan Grant Robert Muldoon Dr Richard Levine, Dodgesonso on and so on, then you play through a story mode but also it can have classic mode so u play through the movies and the novels as the character u select from the novel or movie, also it could have survive mode, where you have to survive on the island and try to escape and there can be different ways in which this is possible, also it needs to be multiplayer offline and online using Classic and Survival mode for both offline and online up to four players offline and up to 10 or something online. Also u can have a chance to play on the original islands or new made up ones also u can get to use the equipment like the Trailer and the jeeps and Lindstrart rifles they use in the second book. Also if u hide in a trailer the dinosaurs ONLY KNOW UR IN THERE IF THEY SAW U, and if they do see u they attack the building shack trailer what ever and they can try to push it over the edge and Damage can be real time damage so if ur attacked or u leg get broken u cant really walk and stuff that could be a setting from the options. also there could be the downwind and up wind which the dinosaurs use to smell u and other animals and things, but the ai has to be set to just the dinos surviving not just aiming to kill you and ur group of people, also they could make it so u can play with 4 players online using the one ps3 or X box 360. you can also use the children Lex Timmy (Arby and Kelly The Lost World Novel).

I think this would sell alot of copies of a game and controllers because 4 people can play online instead of just offline on the one ps3 or xbox 360

Sinantra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sinantra

They Should Make A Jurassic Park Game For Ps3 and Xbox 360 mixing ideas from the first movie and second movie The Novels esspecially cause they are absolutely the best, and new stuff and also to allow u to choose ur fav character Ian Malcolm, Dr Alan Grant Robert Muldoon Dr Richard Levine, Dodgeson so on and so on, then you play through a story mode but also it can have classic mode so u play through the movies and the novels as the character u select from the novel or movie, also it could have survive mode, where you have to survive on the island and try to escape and there can be different ways in which this is possible, also it needs to be multiplayer offline and online using Classic and Survival mode for both offline and online up tofour or moreplayers offline and up to 10 or something online. Also u can have a chance to play on the original islands or new made up ones also u can get to use the equipment like the Trailer and the jeeps and Lindstrart rifles they use in the second book. Also if u hide in a trailer the dinosaurs ONLY KNOW UR IN THERE IF THEY SAW U, and if they do see u they attack the building shack trailer what ever and they can try to push it over the edge and Damage can be real time damage so if ur attacked or u leg get broken u cant really walk and stuff that could be a setting from the options. also there could be the downwind and up wind which the dinosaurs use to smell u and other animals and things, but the ai has to be set to just the dinos surviving not just aiming to kill you and ur group of people, also they could make it so u can play with 4 players online using the one ps3 or X box 360. you can also use the children Lex Timmy (Arby and Kelly The Lost World Novel).

I think this would sell alot of copies of a game and controllers because 4 or morepeople can play online instead of just offline on the one ps3 or xbox 360.

Sinantra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sinantra

They Should Make A Jurassic Park Game For Ps3 and Xbox 360 mixing ideas from the first movie and second movie The Novels esspecially cause they are absolutely the best, and new stuff and also to allow u to choose ur fav character Ian Malcolm, Dr Alan Grant Robert Muldoon Dr Richard Levine, Dodgeson so on and so on, then you play through a story mode but also it can have classic mode so u play through the movies and the novels as the character u select from the novel or movie, also it could have survive mode, where you have to survive on the island and try to escape and there can be different ways in which this is possible, also it needs to be multiplayer offline and online using Classic and Survival mode for both offline and online up tofour or moreplayers offline and up to 10 or something online. Also u can have a chance to play on the original islands or new made up ones also u can get to use the equipment like the Trailer and the jeeps and Lindstrart rifles they use in the second book. Also if u hide in a trailer the dinosaurs ONLY KNOW UR IN THERE IF THEY SAW U, and if they do see u they attack the building shack trailer what ever and they can try to push it over the edge and Damage can be real time damage so if ur attacked or u leg get broken u cant really walk and stuff that could be a setting from the options. also there could be the downwind and up wind which the dinosaurs use to smell u and other animals and things, but the ai has to be set to just the dinos surviving not just aiming to kill you and ur group of people, also they could make it so u can play with 4 players online using the one ps3 or X box 360. you can also use the children Lex Timmy (Arby and Kelly The Lost World Novel).

I think this would sell alot of copies of a game and controllers because 4 or morepeople can play online instead of just offline on the one ps3 or xbox 360.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I'd love to see a Jurassic Park game made for this gen.