Jetstream Sam DLC not so awesome.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RustedTruck650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 RustedTruck650
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

First off, i have to mention that Raiden IS a true Lighting God when compared to pre-enhanced right arm Sam. Sam's move set and speed just are in a far inferior level than Raiden's, no matter what you do Sam will never be able to match any of Jack's super fast responses or nimble feeling that made him such a blast to play with. This might be an intentional decission made by the devs to let Raiden feel like a true badass and to not take that away from him and giving it to sam. This is understandable thought due to the fact that Sam is suposed to resemble a samurai's style rather than a ninja's fighting style. However, one very anoying thing that i just completely refuse to accept is how Sam's block timing window is nerfed drastically versus Raidens block-anytime-window. This makes the dlc somewhat frustrating because the enemies are generally more agressive than in the game and yet Sam feels like a handicaped karate kid. I'm not saying the dlc is bad im just giving you a heads up. I enjoyed the dlc but gave up on the "You'r Hire" trophy because of the blocking aspect of the dlc.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Practice more. I didn't have trouble with the parrying/blocking. Plus he has dodging too. Use your ful arsenal of moves. I loved the DLC and I can't wait for the next one. 

RustedTruck650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RustedTruck650

Why practice more? Im good with the game but the blocking timing its a bit of a nuisance when you're cornered or when trying to achieve the "You're Hired" trophy. It just doesnt make any sence because it's not fair how this can screw you up big time in Armstrong fight due to his level of difficulty.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Why practice more? Im good with the game but the blocking timing its a bit of a nuisance when you're cornered or when trying to achieve the "You're Hired" trophy. It just doesnt make any sence because it's not fair how this can screw you up big time in Armstrong fight due to his level of difficulty.

RustedTruck650
Because practicing more is how you get good.
RustedTruck650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RustedTruck650

Im pretty experieced with the dlc. My point is obviously overlooked.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="RustedTruck650"]

Rattlesnake_8

Because practicing more is how you get good.

This

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 happy_dude64

Im pretty experieced with the dlc. My point is obviously overlooked.

RustedTruck650

Not overlooked at all. Practice more=not suckage which leads to not getting cornered. Practice your timing with the parrying and you wont suck anymore.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Sam is supposed be around 1/5 cyborg and the rest is human.