It's obviously the year for us

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Now, this is not a fanboy perspective, but it has to be done, and we know, Insomniac, Sony, Namco, and Media Molecule are all delivering something 360 is not. As well, if you had another exclusive in mind, please post it. Please remember this poll is about the UPCOMING exclusives in 2008. Thanks for your participation #s.
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

Now, this is not a fanboy perspective, but it has to be done, and we know, Insomniac, Sony, Namco, and Media Molecule are all delivering something 360 is not. As well, if you had another exclusive in mind, please post it. Please remember this poll is about the UPCOMING exclusives in 2008. Thanks for your participation #s.SonyMarksman70

LBP (casuals/hardcore) and socom (hardcore)...

and maybe resistance 2

i vote socom confrontation

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts
socom is the only exclusive im planning to buy, maybe LBP too, will have to wait and see how that game actually turns out.
NYiVtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NYiVtec
Member since 2007 • 1422 Posts
socom by far. it has a HUGE fan base and its the biggest name. plus it kicks aas
BongMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 BongMonkey
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

little bit fanboyish.. I don't know if it's obviously the year for 'us', you mean PS3 only users. Pretty good year for gaming all around I'd say. (i have an 360 too and they have some great ones.)

I think MGS was the big one to sell PS3's, but LPB has something to it that will pull people to the PS3. Maybe Socom a little, but fans of that series most likely are already into the PS3.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SonyMarksman70

little bit fanboyish.. I don't know if it's obviously the year for 'us', I'm you mean PS3 only users. Pretty good year for gaming all around I'd say.

I think MGS was the big one to sell PS3's, but LPB has something to it that will pull people to the PS3. Maybe Socom a little, but fans of that series most likely are already into the PS3.

BongMonkey
No, I did mention it was unbiased, but pretty much the consensus would say there's higher hopes for Sony THIS year(doesn't mean we're excluding you of course).
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Very nice, Im really syked about Resistance 2, but the rest are up there also. It's two bad developers like Capcom and Square didn't have the patience to work with the PS3's full capablity (guts), we could have already taken next year also....

Killzone 2
God of War III
Grand Turismo 5 (Full Version), im sure tons more...

Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy XIII

Now that would have been a nasty start. Could have ran away with it from the get go.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Im really lookin forward to socom..But I think LBP will make the biggest mark overall
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
Resistance fa sho!
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SonyMarksman70

Very nice, Im really syked about Resistance 2, but the rest are up there also. It's two bad developers like Capcom and Square didn't have the patience to work with the PS3's full capablity (guts), we could have already taken next year also....

Killzone 2
God of War III
Grand Turismo 5 (Full Version), im sure tons more...

Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy XIII

Now that would have been a nasty start. Could have ran away with it from the get go.

Nocturnal_Speed
I see what you mean, even though the exclusives "supposedly" coming out next year are almost guaranteed top notch(KZ 2, we'll see).
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonyMarksman70
Dang, I thought this was gonna go far. lol um.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I am only getting Resistance 2, MotorStorm 2, and Socom Confrontation, as the other two do not interest me at all.

So since I could only vote for one I voted for Resistance 2.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts
Socom Confrontation (licks lips) almost here baby....almost here.
johnnyboy5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnnyboy5000
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

YES FINALY SOME SOCOM FANS UP IN HERE!!!!!!

i hardly ever hear enyone talking about socom in other threads

so im glad to finaly see people who are looking forward to this game as much as i am

i cant wait to destroy u guys in socom, see you there

waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

I think the fact that they're all attracting different audiances helps. Socom will attract not only the fan base from the previous SoComs, but they will also attrract a lot of squad based FPS fans. Res is another solid FPS that will keep current owners of PS3 happy. Tekken is a fighting game fan's dream. LBP gives the torch to a ton of people, those whole like innovation the most. Motorstorm is for those racing fans, we got GOWIII coming out for the fans of the action adventure. What we really need is a great exclusive in the few genre's left. A Suikoden for RPGs. A tactics type game for the turn based rpg fans. FPS's are done to death, so instead of making 200 more, let the established franschises do thier thing. I think it's time to continue with the variety. Smartest thing Sony could do is sign some exclusives in every genre possible. A lot of people will pick up the system if not for ome of these games, then for all of them. Keep the decent PSN games coming, and try to get someone patching these games for trophies, and every other system loses some of what they had on Sony.

LBP will probably have the biggest impact, due to it's innovation. It doesn't matter what system you get if you're an FPS fan.

waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waferlawrence

I think the fact that they're all attracting different audiances helps. Socom will attract not only the fan base from the previous SoComs, but they will also attrract a lot of squad based FPS fans. Res is another solid FPS that will keep current owners of PS3 happy. Tekken is a fighting game fan's dream. LBP gives the torch to a ton of people, those whole like innovation the most. Motorstorm is for those racing fans, we got GOWIII coming out for the fans of the action adventure. What we really need is a great exclusive in the few genre's left. A Suikoden for RPGs. A tactics type game for the turn based rpg fans. FPS's are done to death, so instead of making 200 more, let the established franschises do thier thing. I think it's time to continue with the variety. Smartest thing Sony could do is sign some exclusives in every genre possible. A lot of people will pick up the system if not for ome of these games, then for all of them. Keep the decent PSN games coming, and try to get someone patching these games for trophies, and every other system loses some of what they had on Sony.

LBP will probably have the biggest impact, due to it's innovation. It doesn't matter what system you get if you're an FPS fan.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

YES FINALY SOME SOCOM FANS UP IN HERE!!!!!!

i hardly ever hear enyone talking about socom in other threads

so im glad to finaly see people who are looking forward to this game as much as i am

i cant wait to destroy u guys in socom, see you there

johnnyboy5000

Not if I destroy you Chuck Norris haha

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
none of them really look that flash to me.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SonyMarksman70
none of them really look that flash to me. Wuflungdung
Then what are you waiting for?
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SonyMarksman70
Is Tomb Raider Underworld exclusive, or double jointed?
cap-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 cap-
Member since 2008 • 244 Posts

tekken 6 the onley good 1 ther

ThinTag by TripleTags.com

ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChaosBlader1
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

R2 will win it LBP isnt a real game

but 2008 isnt the ps3s year were already in august with little results everything is comming out in novemember no console can do anything in one month even with christmas comming maybe 2009 is our year but this year is over

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SonyMarksman70

R2 will win it LBP isnt a real game

but 2008 isnt the ps3s year were already in august with little results everything is comming out in novemember no console can do anything in one month even with christmas comming maybe 2009 is our year but this year is over

ChaosBlader1
Really, the only "exclusive" of 360 is Gears or War 2. And the "exclusive" on PC is Crysis 2. And.... there is good exclusives by Nintendo this year. But between PS3 & 360, you can play the multi plats on either system, remember that.
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
[QUOTE="BongMonkey"]

little bit fanboyish.. I don't know if it's obviously the year for 'us', I'm you mean PS3 only users. Pretty good year for gaming all around I'd say.

SonyMarksman70

No, I did mention it was unbiased, but pretty much the consensus would say there's higher hopes for Sony THIS year(doesn't mean we're excluding you of course).

It's not because you claim to make unbiased statement that they are automaticly unbiased... lol you just made my day. If the consensus are Ps3 Fanboys, then I suppose you are right.

For Nocturnal_Speed sake, Square didn't lost patience with Ps3, Sony didn't though it was necessary to spend money to keep the exclusivity of their titles, like Lost Odissey and FF XIII. Keep in mind that Sony has been paying SE all along to keep exclusivity of their titles, SE didn't just released game on Ps1 & Ps2 only because they though the console was cuter... That trend was shown true with all the games they've been releasing on Mobile, Wii, DS and GBA for the past few years.

waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 waferlawrence

tekken 6 the onley good 1 ther

ThinTag by TripleTags.com

cap-

When did video games zap the spelling ability out of people?

ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChaosBlader1

See thats what you think but....some of us ps3 owners dont buy games like 360 owner we cant sell over a million in 2 days

some people say there getting resistance 2 but never do or maybe months after

while on xbox when you see people on your friends list playing the same game you have to get it for example gears that game will make 1 million in 2 days.

and remember M$ dosent reveal games like sony does for fear of getting it stolen. How are we ps3 owners when we know gears is comming out no one knew about the avatars, thats because it came to a shock so they didnt have to wait 2 years like we did for home. Serously though i think sony should stop telling us things that will happen 2 years down the road it looses hype. Just tell us a week when you guys are going to do it like in game xmb we knew it was comming in a month just tell us a week early.

and with games also i dont want M$ stealing my games anymore dont tell me your making KH3 in 2011 now. Then M$ will come in 2011 1 month earlier saying they have kh3

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SonyMarksman70
Nope, I am right because we're in the PS3 forums. 360 guys say bised things all the time. It is righteous to be biased, either way, because this is for anyone who likes owning their PS3. So I dont see how you made considable sense.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SonyMarksman70
Nope, I am right because we're in the PS3 forums. 360 guys say bised things all the time. It is righteous to be biased, either way, because this is for anyone who likes owning their PS3. So I dont see how you made considable sense.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
socom imo
KyleChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KyleChimera
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Agreed, I can't wait for my PS3.

I want 4 games for 360 and the only exclusive games I own on it are Halo 3, Crackdown and Lost Odyssey but the PS3 has Disgaea 3, Motorstorm 2, MGS4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet and SOCOM for me to get this year.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SonyMarksman70
To chaosblader: I do agree that Sony should stop revealing stuff, but also, Home and avatars aren't games, but mere association, therefore they shouldn't be treated as such.
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LordReithgar

Nope, I am right because we're in the PS3 forums. 360 guys say bised things all the time. It is righteous to be biased, either way, because this is for anyone who likes owning their PS3. So I dont see how you made considable sense.SonyMarksman70

Lol, so much for the american way... if you are so patriotic, why don't you support the Xbox 360 instead? Ps3 was created by the evil nippon's to invade your country, steal your jobs and make iyour country go bankcrupt. If 360 forums can be biased so does Ps3 forums, guess in the american school, they forget to teach comon sense...

ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChaosBlader1

wow i know you love sony when your name is sony but if you work for them tell them stop revealing our games.

and as for home i was saying that they shouldnt reveal it to us so wwe dont have to wait 2 years for the hype to get lost.

They should keep it a secret and get some beta testers thann a month or 2 weeks before release then tell us about it

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SonyMarksman70

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]Nope, I am right because we're in the PS3 forums. 360 guys say bised things all the time. It is righteous to be biased, either way, because this is for anyone who likes owning their PS3. So I dont see how you made considable sense.LordReithgar

Lol, so much for the american way... if you are so patriotic, why don't you support the Xbox 360 instead? Ps3 was created by the evil nippon's to invade your country, steal your jobs and make iyour country go bankcrupt. If 360 forums can be biased so does Ps3 forums, guess in the american school, they forget to teach comon sense...

Actually, I appreciate Bill Gates, but i'd never buy a 360 in my life.But hey,if you wanna turn this into a political discussion,it'll be my pleasure. And as a side note to your argument,there were stupid conflicts between the Japanese,and the Americans,so where you gonna take this cowboy, any direction and i'll have your answers, you just gotta know what your talking about
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LordReithgar
[QUOTE="LordReithgar"]

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]Nope, I am right because we're in the PS3 forums. 360 guys say bised things all the time. It is righteous to be biased, either way, because this is for anyone who likes owning their PS3. So I dont see how you made considable sense.SonyMarksman70

Actually, I appreciate Bill Gates, but i'd never buy a 360 in my life.But hey,if you wanna turn this into a political discussion,it'll be my pleasure. And as a side note to your argument,there were stupid conflicts between the Japanese,and the Americans,so where you gonna take this cowboy, any direction and i'll have your answers, you just gotta know what your talking about

My last statement on the topic... I'm no cowboy... :roll:

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
little big planet for me! =)
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SonyMarksman70
So you gonna surrender, just like Japan? Hahahaha! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I couldn't help myself there. That was a true laugh. Please dont become a smarty pants or "daft" if you can't back it up.No offence. CHEERS :)
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
LBP as a first and R2 a close second. But the game im most excited about is Tekken 6.
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChaosBlader1

please dont tell me thats how most people feel

if the majority of ps3 owners get LBP than R2 its over for Resistance saga and i will laugh and say you got beat by LBP

i want that to happen so sony can make a better game i really dont like resistance

LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LordReithgar

So you gonna surrender, just like Japan? Hahahaha! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I couldn't help myself there. That was a true laugh. Please dont become a smarty pants or "daft" if you can't back it up.No offence. CHEERS :)SonyMarksman70

Or I just felt that it was pointless to waste anymore time arguing with you? Because truly, saying "there were stupid conflicts between the Japanese, and Americans" shows you most likely didn't knew there was in fact only one conflict not many and it happened during WWII. I did felt like there was nothing consistent enough or any real point in your post to debate on. I was just baffled by the poor quality of your comeback which left me speechless.

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Well I really want LBP because it has so much replay vaule so much can be done with that game,Well I did not like RE1 but RE2 online look so much more fun so I should give it a try it won't hurt....

PS: When does Tekken6 comes out be the last time I heard about it was last year,I really won't this fighting game I'am a big fan of Tekken...

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SonyMarksman70

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]So you gonna surrender, just like Japan? Hahahaha! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I couldn't help myself there. That was a true laugh. Please dont become a smarty pants or "daft" if you can't back it up.No offence. CHEERS :)LordReithgar

Or I just felt that it was pointless to waste anymore time arguing with you? Because truly, saying "there were stupid conflicts between the Japanese, and Americans" shows you most likely didn't knew there was in fact only one conflict not many and it happened during WWII. I did felt like there was nothing consistent enough or any real point in your post to debate on. I was just baffled by the poor quality of your comeback which left me speechless.

Actually, those were the conflicts surrounding WW2. Japan went into this war without any real ending plot to what they were planning to do. The Japanese were after the Guadalcanal , which the Americans bombarded their shops np. You tell me where you want to start
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I'm gonna have to say to say LBP because its unlike any game on that poll
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChaosBlader1

HAHA i guess little big planet wins im not buying that resistance crap then i just thought it would sell the ps3 looks like 2009 is the ps3 year anyways.....

Whats LBP about i kno its about rag dolls but what do they do

iJeff32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 iJeff32
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts
Socom seems pretty good, but I'm mainly looking forward to Mercenaries 2. Too bad it's not a PS3 exclusive :( .
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SonyMarksman70

HAHA i guess little big planet wins im not buying that resistance crap then i just thought it would sell the ps3 looks like 2009 is the ps3 year anyways.....

Whats LBP about i kno its about rag dolls but what do they do

ChaosBlader1
Wait....................................................................................... ..............................How can you judge a game if you know zilch about it? Daft much?
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChaosBlader1

played the 1st one theres not really a huge difrence in sequels

is it me or is the 1st one all in black and white to me it had no color whats so ever maybe a little green and brown here and there

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
my year starts next year.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SonyMarksman70

played the 1st one theres not really a huge difrence in sequels

is it me or is the 1st one all in black and white to me it had no color whats so ever maybe a little green and brown here and there

ChaosBlader1
I meant LBP. Isnt that pretty wrong to judge it by it's cover?I mean you absolutely said you know nothing about it except that it's ragdolls....................................................Comments people?
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChaosBlader1

Oh how do i know it will do so well the poll up top 50 percent

and i hear everyone is gettting it care to share some info on LBp