Is there a way to delete my PSN account, and make a new one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 w4rrior17
Member since 2010 • 943 Posts

I want to basically restart, like I'm setting it up for the the first time out of the box. Get rid of everything, trophies, saves, etc. And get a new PSN ID. Is that possible?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Just ditch it?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Yea, its not hard to do. You just forget about all your info and make a new account.

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
You can get rid of it on your PS3 but it will still exsist and you can logg back in to it. So basicly no you cant delete it but you can get rid of it off your PS3. You can make as many PSN profiles as you want, I have 4, of course only one is my main one with all my trophies and friends.
w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 w4rrior17
Oh really? I thought I would have to reformat (however you do that). And I heard it was one user per PS3, apparently I heard wrong.
w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 w4rrior17
You can get rid of it on your PS3 but it will still exsist and you can logg back in to it. So basicly no you cant delete it but you can get rid of it off your PS3. You can make as many PSN profiles as you want, I have 4, of course only one is my main one with all my trophies and friends.J-WOW
So if I got rid of my account would my trophies still be there? (maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying). Or does each account you have contain unique trophies that that user?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Oh really? I thought I would have to reformat (however you do that). And I heard it was one user per PS3, apparently I heard wrong.w4rrior17

You can have multiple users on a PS3. I have 7 set up currently on my PS3 for different reasons.

w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 w4rrior17

[QUOTE="w4rrior17"]Oh really? I thought I would have to reformat (however you do that). And I heard it was one user per PS3, apparently I heard wrong.ExoticAnimal

You can have multiple users on a PS3. I have 7 set up currently on my PS3 for different reasons.

Just out of curiousity, is there like a main, admin name? Or are they all like the same in their functions and everything?
djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

after logging in with the current account/user name, at the xmb go to the farthest left look for your user name then press triangle then select delete OR just create a new one without deleting the one you want to delete(which i did before).

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 J-WOW
[QUOTE="J-WOW"]You can get rid of it on your PS3 but it will still exsist and you can logg back in to it. So basicly no you cant delete it but you can get rid of it off your PS3. You can make as many PSN profiles as you want, I have 4, of course only one is my main one with all my trophies and friends.w4rrior17
So if I got rid of my account would my trophies still be there? (maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying). Or does each account you have contain unique trophies that that user?

Look man, you can delete your profile off your PS3, BUT it still exsist in the network, SONY's network. Your account wont be in your PS3 anymore but since its still in SONY's stuff so you can still sign in with it if you want. I think if you really want to delete your profile permanetly off the networks, u have to call SONY.
w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 w4rrior17
[QUOTE="w4rrior17"][QUOTE="J-WOW"]You can get rid of it on your PS3 but it will still exsist and you can logg back in to it. So basicly no you cant delete it but you can get rid of it off your PS3. You can make as many PSN profiles as you want, I have 4, of course only one is my main one with all my trophies and friends.J-WOW

Look man, you can delete your profile off your PS3, BUT it still exsist in the network, SONY's network. Your account wont be in your PS3 anymore but since its still in SONY's stuff so you can still sign in with it if you want. I think if you really want to delete your profile permanetly off the networks, u have to call SONY.

Lol, way to not answer anything I asked. xD.
JackalJnr23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 JackalJnr23
Member since 2005 • 844 Posts
No. You cannot permanently delete your PSN ID or the trophies that are linked to that ID. You can however delete your profile off of your PS3 and the Saved Game Data that came with your PS3 ID.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Yes and here is how: 1) Go to the far left on the XMB (PS3 main menu) 2) Click "Create new user" 3) Now just sign up to the PSN again. All your trophies will be gone as its a new account. Sorry if this doesn't show up right. Im typing this from my PS3 and it likes to squish everything together.
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 J-WOW
[QUOTE="J-WOW"][QUOTE="w4rrior17"] So if I got rid of my account would my trophies still be there? (maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying). Or does each account you have contain unique trophies that that user?w4rrior17

watever man, throw your PS3 out the window, that will delete your account
w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 w4rrior17
[QUOTE="w4rrior17"][QUOTE="J-WOW"] Look man, you can delete your profile off your PS3, BUT it still exsist in the network, SONY's network. Your account wont be in your PS3 anymore but since its still in SONY's stuff so you can still sign in with it if you want. I think if you really want to delete your profile permanetly off the networks, u have to call SONY.J-WOW

watever man, throw your PS3 out the window, that will delete your account

No, it won't, actually. Believe it or not.