Is the Psp section in your malls, game stores getting small?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts

Is the psp section in your malls and game stores getting small or is it just me?

In my area when Igo to walmart, target or even gamestop, there is only avery small section of psp related items. Psp accessoriesdoesn't matter to me but Psp games, there's not much to look at. And with the PSN, the umd based games are gettingreleased in limited or smallquantities imo. Heck theres even alot of Brand NEW ps2 games available in walmartthanpsp games. lol. (Not brand new releases ok but brand new games)

Do you notice this in your area? The best place now to get umd games are on the internet. And when/if Sony releases that psp phone, we will definitely see limited umd based games being released here in the US and other countries except Japan.

People will say sony will still continue to release umd games, I get that but that's only true in Japan where the psp has a big market share. Outside Japan, they gonna release umd but in limited quantities since they have PSN now.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

At the Kmart I work at, only a very small fraction of our game selection is PSP games. We'll get in the more bigger titles like Little Big Planet and sports games, but we hardly ever get anything beyond that. It's only slightly bigger compared to our PS2 section. Walmart in our area has the biggest selection I've seen around here, surprisingly Gamestop doesn't carry a whole lot in their PSP section.

mralspsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mralspsp
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

The shelves have been shrinking for the past two years. The only place I have seen that has a decent shelf is Best Buy.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

Um, at our local Gamestop, the psp section is rather large. Pretty close to the DS section in size.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

To be honest, I don't remember the PSP section ever being that big

But I remember in 2006, when i got my first psp, my usual Gamestop's PSP section was 3/2 of a normal door

and it's gotten bigger. But that's just my usual Gamestop. Other places I've been to I can't quite tell if they've changed

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
Yea my local best buy and gamestop's PSP sections have gotten much smaller over the past year or two.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#7 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Yes the PSP sections are getting smaller they have been for quite a while I've also found that older games are getting more expensive.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
At Gamestop, it's the same tiny size as the PC section. As Walmart and Target it's barely bigger than the GBA section. Then at Kmart, they're just thrown on top of the pile with the whole 3 PS2 titles. It sits on a shelf, so yeah, they're thrown and just collect there like a cheap pawn shop. So yes, they're getting small.
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

They dont get smaller where i live. They never were that big though.

mrjoe_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrjoe_94
Member since 2009 • 847 Posts
Who knows maybe Sony's slowing down the shipments to make PSN more popular? I mean it wouldent be THAT bad considering all PSP's can use it, that and also maybe they're trying to reduce trade-in's.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#11 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts

Um, at our local Gamestop, the psp section is rather large. Pretty close to the DS section in size.

jorler333
psp section in my gamestop is about 3/4 the size of the DS section so It's all good.
gabymimi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gabymimi1
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

wasn't it always small?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's always been small.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
But now it's getting smaller and smaller to the point that ps2 section has more brand new games compared to psp games. (Not brand new release ok, brand new game). I was wondering if it's the same as with everybody. In my gamestop, there's not much psp section anymore compared to before.
progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
PSP section in my GS is actually pretty good - good selection of new and used games. Although I did notice that prices at GS for used games were the same as those on PSN in many cases. If I have to pay the same for a used game, well I'd rather get it from PSN and not have to hassle with a UMD. BUT if I can save a few bucks, UMD it is :)
Avatar image for xAcidicFantasyx
xAcidicFantasyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xAcidicFantasyx
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts

yes, the local gamestops around me have a minimal selection of psp games. the only one ive seen with a good selection was in downtown boston itself.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#17 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

nope the psp section in my walmart is big its one full rack , same for gamestop ,,

i dont know where you shop but psp games have been selling so have ds and wii games more then 360 and ps3 and 2 games which is why their section still full

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

No, PSP UMDs aren't even selling at all here in the Philippines. :(

Instead, all the PSP games that are "sold" here costs a mere $1 and are all compressed to a virus-filled computer that still runs Windows 95.