is PSP slim really superior than old PSP??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

katie_tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 katie_tm
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

HI,

I am thinking about getting a white slim PSP and sell my old black one. Does anyone of you ever owns both before? How does the slim one feel ( i mean when touching it and playing it)? I heard that some said it is very light and thus feels like a cheap piece of plastic...others said the oldPSP feels more solid and sturdy, like you are holding a true piece of protable machine in your hands.... can someone please advice??

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

HI,

I am thinking about getting a white slim PSP and sell my old black one. Does anyone of you ever owns both before? How does the slim one feel ( i mean when touching it and playing it)? I heard that some said it is very light and thus feels like a cheap piece of plastic...others said the oldPSP feels more solid and sturdy, like you are holding a true piece of protable machine in your hands.... can someone please advice??

katie_tm
The New PSP plastic feels cheaper, but it doesn't get finger prints like the fat black one (even the slim black PSP doesn't get finger prints as bad. Personally, I think the best model you can get is Slim Black. The black compliments the visuals better, and its got the 64mb instead of the 32mb processer in it.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

...you mean cache'. Processor should be unchanged. May use less voltage, but speed of processor is the same....

Cache' is twice as big, so anything that can take advantage of it will result in faster load times. I neverheld the old PSP model, so I can't say how great the improvements are. I just can say that all the reviews I've read on Valkyrie Profile state that it takes a long time for the camp menu to display, but with the slim... the menu loadtimes seem okay to me. Nothing like the old reviews of the game state, anyway....which were based off the older PSP. So, I'd guess that would mean the slim model loads some stuff a bit faster than it used to. As for sturdyness.... I don't know.... my slim is holding up pretty well. I think it pretty rugged for a complicated portableelectronic device....

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Yeah, the biggest improvement was the UMD Cache that improves loading times as well as the D-pad feels more comfortable to perform fighting game moves as well as the USB Charging makes it more time efficient to charge my PSP Slim while I'm playing with my PS3
darkblaze93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 darkblaze93
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I personally like the older one better because yes it does feel better then the newer one. The new one gives me a wierd feeling when playing because of the lightness and I think it would break faster.

katie_tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 katie_tm
does anyone know if there is a separate charger for the slim batteries yet? you know, so i can charge batteries with the charger and not the PSP.... and also isthe logitechpocket gear (crystal folding case) for the slim out yet?
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts

does anyone know if there is a separate charger for the slim batteries yet? you know, so i can charge batteries with the charger and not the PSP.... and also isthe logitechpocket gear (crystal folding case) for the slim out yet?katie_tm
there are cases for the slim on import sites like play-asia.com, but there isn't a new case from logitech :(, as for battery chargers the one for the original psp battery work fine with the slim ..... again places like play-asia have them.

As for your original question the Slim does feel betterIMO. Yet it's lighter than the original but the slim has a better feel due to the weight lost and the edges are rounder. Also the screen, dpad, analog nub, speakers are all improved. The Slim is just an improved model adding umd caching, increased internal memory, and video out here's a side by side view of both psp models.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
for me yes, the psp slim is superior to psp phat.
EoRa_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 EoRa_666
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

HI,

katie_tm

well i like the old psp better only because it is more durable than the newer one. when your holding the new one its like you dont wanna hold it to hard or it will break but on the other hand it is better to hold when playing cuz its lighter and your arm dont get as tired when holding the newer one.

katie_tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 katie_tm

if what I really want is a white psp.... i should really get the new slim one rather than go out and buy the old phat white one right???

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
I would have to say yes... there are sooo much improvements and differences... I didn't think I would like it NEARLY as much as I do, I know that you will NOT regret getting a psp slim, the slim is just all around better than the original, well not that there was anything wrong with the original, but the slim is definitely better
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
slim > original