Is M$ afraid of KIllzone 2??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

i know it may seem for fetched but from the things they have been doing lately it certainly looks like it. for instance we star ocean 4 a game that was scheduled to release next month has been moved up to feb 23 which is a few days b4 K2 releases. Also ive recently seen advertisements for GTA4 lost and damned on TV. Which is kind of odd since Fallout 3 DLC didnt have any advertisements ( at least i ddint see any) and its not evryday u actually see DLC content being advertised anyay. With all this plus the release of Halo Wars, Do you believe that M$ is scared of Killzone 2??

The_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 The_Solid
Member since 2008 • 1500 Posts
Yes.It's like "My Girlfriend is pregenant"scared.
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#3 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
Yes.It's like "My Girlfriend is pregenant"scared.The_Solid
HAHAHAHA. I say even more scared then that. You should take this topic to SW and see what the microsoft fanboys say.
The_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 The_Solid
Member since 2008 • 1500 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Solid"]Yes.It's like "My Girlfriend is pregenant"scared.josh494
HAHAHAHA. I say even more scared then that. You should take this topic to SW and see what the microsoft fanboys say.

"M$ will get an abortion"-Fanboy whose 7.
ps3x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ps3x360
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts
No, I don't think M$ is afraid of what $ony is doing, it's just a marketing strategy on M$'s part. Major companies like M$ and $ony do this all the time this is nothing new.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Sigh...Not again.Microsoft has alot of great games for it's console so why on earth would it be afraid of a game that Sony is putting out?And this is better suited for system wars...you know the forum where people who take video games waaaay to seriously live.
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
Sigh...Not again.Microsoft has alot of great games for it's console so why on earth would it be afraid of a game that Sony is putting out?And this is better suited for system wars...you know the forum where people who take video games waaaay to seriously live.K1LLR3175
but they have nothing on 09 :P but no i dont think they are afraid of killzone2 they should be afraid of not haveing good games this year, at least none that i know of :o
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
With the way we know microsoft do things, yea its obvious to say that they want to hinder the sales of kz2 as much as possible. That being said if you want to start a flame war you should take this to system wars, I'm sure with the same title you could get a 9+page thread.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
They're definitely a bit sore about it, and will try their hardest to market the hell out of what little they do have coming out these next couple months. I wouldn't go so far as to say "scared" though. They're doing just fine. Sony is the one that should be scared if Killzone 2 doesn't work some miracles on their unit sales.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
killzone isnt apopular franchise, so i wouldnt think they are tbh.
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts
[QUOTE="reaver-x"]

i know it may seem for fetched but from the things they have been doing lately it certainly looks like it. for instance we star ocean 4 a game that was scheduled to release next month has been moved up to feb 23 which is a few days b4 K2 releases. Also ive recently seen advertisements for GTA4 lost and damned on TV. Which is kind of odd since Fallout 3 DLC didnt have any advertisements ( at least i ddint see any) and its not evryday u actually see DLC content being advertised anyay. With all this plus the release of Halo Wars, Do you believe that M$ is scared of Killzone 2??

Maybe, but who cares :roll:
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts
I'm scared of Killzone 2...
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts
killzone isnt apopular franchise, so i wouldnt think they are tbh.Englandfc1966
Pre Orders in Europe hit 1.1 million in the beginning of the month. NA definitely has around 2 million pre orders. KZ2 is going to sell like popcorn at the movie theaters. Microsoft should be scared of Killzone 2 because its going to turn a lot of heads towards the PS3.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
whats a bigger title, GTAIV or Fallout3? GTAIV!!!!!!! So you can imagine why they would advertise it. And really moving a release to a few days earlier is nothing. Cant believe im defending M$ but whatever.
ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

reaver-x
Are you serious?? Wow.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

whats a bigger title, GTAIV or Fallout3? GTAIV!!!!!!! So you can imagine why they would advertise it. And really moving a release to a few days earlier is nothing. Cant believe im defending M$ but whatever.Blitz_Nemesis

Uh huh.

Besides, Rockstar is advertising their own product.

Microsoft isn't advertising Rockstar's product, because that's stupid.

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#17 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
Microsoft has too much damn money to have to be afraid of anything...let alone one single PS3 game. Don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 but MS is so rich they don't really have to worry about any of Sony's exclusives.
ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
But to answer the question, no. MS is not "afraid" of Killzone 2 they are just trying to realease products and make money. Now they might try to realease around the same time as Killzone 2 to kill some of its buzz, but thats buisness; you have to try and outdue eachother. Just think back when Gears of war 2 came out . . . Resistance 2 got a realease date a few days before it, so does that mean that Sony was "afraid" of Gears 2? No. It just means they're competing and thats what companies do.
mikeoxlong182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mikeoxlong182
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
i think there definently scared of it....well i dont wanna use scared, they know its huge and definently out does anything they can pump out of there system
StOkEyLiAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StOkEyLiAm
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Nah they just got think of any better games that Halo or Gears Of War :P
Weedwaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Weedwaka
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts

Microsoft has too much damn money to have to be afraid of anything...let alone one single PS3 game. Don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 but MS is so rich they don't really have to worry about any of Sony's exclusives.McMJ3

I dont really want to get into it BUT . . . Microsoft only built the X box because of fear. Fear that consoles were taking away too many high end PC sales. You can look this up.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

M$ says "im not afraid"

Yoda says "You will be, ..... you will be"

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 reaver-x

M$ says "im not afraid"

Wild_Card
LOL nice quote. But yea from the way there moving the dates up fro these games and advertising a DLC for a year old game, they must be a bit nervous if not for Killzone 2 then for lack of games for there system this year
Sureyoudid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sureyoudid
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

If they want to be less scared they should just play the demo. Totally boring. I don't get all of this FPS...whats so exciting about pointing a circle at one after another futuristic looking guy in a space suit? Seriously...all these games are the same..."cover me while I hack this computer box", then you shoot waves of incoming clones..then move to a different point..where you will be greeted with more clones...the whole time just shooting..

I love PS3 and hope tons of people buy and love the game for the sake of the system...but I just don't get it.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

M$ says "im not afraid"

reaver-x

LOL nice quote. But yea from the way there moving the dates up fro these games and advertising a DLC for a year old game, they must be a bit nervous if not for Killzone 2 then for lack of games for there system this year

Are you for real? I mean honestly, do you not expect Microsoft to advertise for the exclusive GTA 4 content? Do you really think they are ONLY advertising it because they haven't announced their '09 lineup and are "scared" of Killzone 2? If so, you are completely clueless.

Sony has made similar moves in the past; it is a strategic move that any company would make, not just Microsoft.

makincopies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 makincopies
Member since 2009 • 694 Posts
ya
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts
It's a marketing technique to release their games just before PS3's releases to steal sales.
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts

Nah. Rockstar is the one making the ads for Lost and The Damned.

Killzone is not that good of a game. The only Sony needs is that Killzone 2 will sell beautifully

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
don't think MS is scared...i mean they're not even advertising GTA4 lost and damned, it's Rockstar. same goes for star ocean 4. it's the developers that should be scared. the only thing that scares MS is if their console don't sell very well.
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

I'll tell you. M$ probably is scared and if they weren't, they're gonna have alot of money issues

in the future. I mean, they first spend all this money on the Two GTA DLC's. Then Spend all of

this money to get Fallout 3's DLC, then spend all of this money to have the RE5 demo come out

1 week earlier than the PS3 gets it (normal date). I mean they are really pushing it. In time everything

will come back on them. I'll give it by the end of the year.

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Temps567

If they want to be less scared they should just play the demo. Totally boring. I don't get all of this FPS...whats so exciting about pointing a circle at one after another futuristic looking guy in a space suit? Seriously...all these games are the same..."cover me while I hack this computer box", then you shoot waves of incoming clones..then move to a different point..where you will be greeted with more clones...the whole time just shooting..

I love PS3 and hope tons of people buy and love the game for the sake of the system...but I just don't get it.

Sureyoudid
its weird but remember that thats just a demo. more things will come in the future when it releases. You'll just have to read the reviews about it. Plus other gaming websites have already played it and said that it was really good.
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Temps567
Microsoft has too much damn money to have to be afraid of anything...let alone one single PS3 game. Don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 but MS is so rich they don't really have to worry about any of Sony's exclusives.McMJ3
yes microsoft does have alot of money but all of that money is about to go down the drain due to fear...
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
it all depends on what they have really for this year, if its not much then they are probably freikin out
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
I don't think so. Judging by the multiplayer beta and the demo, Killzone 2 is an exceptional game, and there should be more of those on both consoles. I actually think the release of any new "benchmark" whether it's graphics or story or whatever aspect is good for gaming in general. Competition and a desire to 1up means better games.
mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
[QUOTE="McMJ3"]Microsoft has too much damn money to have to be afraid of anything...let alone one single PS3 game. Don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 but MS is so rich they don't really have to worry about any of Sony's exclusives.Temps567
yes microsoft does have alot of money but all of that money is about to go down the drain due to fear...

don't think so....even if they do lose a lot of money but they are cash cows....MS dominates the PC industry and the money they generate cums from their windows software and office
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 reaver-x
[QUOTE="Temps567"][QUOTE="McMJ3"]Microsoft has too much damn money to have to be afraid of anything...let alone one single PS3 game. Don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 but MS is so rich they don't really have to worry about any of Sony's exclusives.mike4realz

don't think so....even if they do lose a lot of money but they are cash cows....MS dominates the PC industry and the money they generate cums from their windows software and office

even though most of there money does come from the PC market, it hasnt stopped them from slashing jobs in there game division
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Wow, sure is slow-lock around here.