Is it worth getting FF:Dissidia if I haven't played any FF games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts

Is it worth getting FF:Dissidia if I haven't played any FF games?

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I would say so. Final Fantasy games mostly have nothing to do with each other, and Dissidia just got the main characters together and made a new story for them. As far as I know you don't need to know anything about FF games for it. However, knowing them would simply help you get an idea of how each character's style plays out, or you can simply try each character.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
I'd say yes. Dissidia is a whole lot like an arcade fighting game that features Final Fantasy characters. There IS a story mode, but it usually has nothing to do with their real story lines from the games that they star in.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Sure, if you like that style of fighting. My brother has never played any other FF games, but he liked that. I would try out the demo from the store.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Yeah, go for it. Doesn't matter, majority of the FFs don't follow the same story line.
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
I have only played a few FF games and still thought the game was amazing. 50 hours clocked so far and I haven't started the second campaign or played any of the side content yet, and there's still a ton of characters/songs/maps/etc. to unlock and play. Make sure to pick up Duodecim instead of the first one because you can unlock the entire campaign of the first game to play in Duodecim.
canesfan8193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 canesfan8193
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts
yea final fantasy games really have nothing to do with each other so its really easy to catch on
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#8 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
yeah, dont worry, first of all final fantasy games are not related to each other, so for example you can play FFIX without playing FFVI and you will still be able to understand everything because the games are not related at all (every game is in a different world) and dissidia barely tells you anything about the characters/original games...there are 1 or 3 references made by the main characters of their respective games, but thats all, its not like you wont be able to understand the game at all if you havent played the others
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I haven't played all of the Final Fantasy games either (about half of the games)

But Final fantasy Dissidia is mainly a fighting game. The storyline is not connected to the main Final fantasy series. 1 throu 14. So this storyline is non cannon. just a way to bring all of the main Hero's and Villains together. To fight each other.

So yes get this game. Which is a great fighting game so you can pit characters in battle against each other from different Final Fantasy games.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lightleggy

Yes I haven't played all of the Final Fantasy games either (about half of the games)

But Final fantasy Dissidia is mainly a fighting game. The storyline is not connected to the main Final fantasy series. 1 throu 14. So this storyline is non cannon. just a way to bring all of the main Hero's and Villains together. To fight each other.

So yes get this game. Which is a great fighting game so you can pit characters in battle against each other from different Final Fantasy games.

Megavideogamer
there is no 14 in dissidia though
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

I had never played an FF game until dissidia. At first i didn't understand what on earth it was all about but once you get to know the character's a bit more it'sreally fun. Iv spent quite a bit of time on that game, its probably my most played psp game so far, i would say go for it.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lightleggy

I had never played an FF game until dissidia. At first i didn't understand what on earth it was all about but once you get to know the character's a bit more it'sreally fun. Iv spent quite a bit of time on that game, its probably my most played psp game so far, i would say go for it.

hyperjj3000
I think its actually better when you dont know the character. when you do, the game feels so damn awkward
DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

Sure. I had not played any FF games when i got this one. It's great. It's a fighting game, not just a regular RPG. I started with this game, and now i've played a lot of FF games.