Is anyone else frustrated with the Playstation Network?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

So, I just got finished with a game of MLB 09 The Show, and I feel like I never want to play another 9 innings. Even with games made by Sony, I have consistently had bad experiences with the PSN. It gliches. The chat is very inconsistent. I pay COX $50 a month, just so I wouldn't have to deal with this. I don't have this problem on XBOX Live. Why do I have it on PSN?

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I haven't had much problem with lag or glitches while playing online. Then again I don't play online that much...
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

The only problem I have with PSN is their lack of classic games and so on.

But I hope you're not implying that throwing money at something will make it better. Especially if that something is already paid for with your ISP and is otherwise FREE with everything else in the world. Especially with gaming.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Don't have any problem with PSN it works fine for me...
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GrilledCharlie

Well, typically faster internet connections cost more money. So, I pay for the fastest available to residential customers.

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

no problems here i get abit of breakup in the voice chat on warhawk but its a known issue and was one of the first games to run on PSN network

superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

Half the time I try to connect to PSN I get error messages. I never have problems with Xbox Live, but hey, at least PSN is free.

Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
Uhh, I don't have problems with PSN, though there is a bit of a chat issue sometimes, but not enough to make me complain for not paying :D
Ruggeri1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ruggeri1994
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

never had an issue with playstatio network not working.. or lagging or glitching.. ( well i have to omit SOCOM Confronatation ) n the ococasional connection interrupted on COd but my friend on xbox live has the same exact issue with COD as well so stop hating on the psn.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
dont have any problem here with lag or anythin, once in a blue moon i get kicked off the PSN but thats about it.
hy6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hy6e
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

When I first got my PS3 (2007) I had no end of problems but in the last 18 months PSN has run smooth as you like, and I only have 10Mb broadband. At lot of my early problems were due to my wireless router I think but like I say it's all sorted itself out.

rahul_rul210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rahul_rul210
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
my psn is fine
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You're arguing against one of PSN's strongest points, and that is its consistent quality online multiplayer.

What's frustrating is it's refusal to merge all PSN titles among all regions, as well as importing all of its PS1 classic greats to please fans while we happily rain money down on Sony, money that they probably need to not let M$ getting all these timed exclusives (SO4, and Ninja Gaiden to a lesser extent).

amarant16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 amarant16
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts
dont have any problem here with lag or anythin, once in a blue moon i get kicked off the PSN but thats about it.JoKeR_421
Ditto to being kicked off once in a while..... other than that no problems here
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 wawasjohn
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts
check ur internet. psn works fine
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I have very few problems with PSN no more than I do with Xbox Live.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
Dude I used to have internet that connected at 1.5MBps MAX and I never had a problem with PSN. I've gotten kicked off three times in two years. There is nothing wrong with PSN. However, this is not the first time I've seen people on here complaining about MLB the Show having network issues. Maybe that is your problem. I've played KZ2 everynight for about 5 hours at a time since it came out. If a 32-player deathmatch doesn't suffer then its definately not the network.
nhall00195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nhall00195
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

I tried to air my frustration months ago regarding the PSN, and my topic got shut down...what a joke.

PSN is owned in every way by live. I switched from xbox due to hating the subscription fee...now I wish I could go back!

nhall00195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nhall00195
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

i have no lag issues though...online is as good as live. content is my issue.

headsets were used by almost all players in live, psn is lacking here (due to xbox coming with free headset)

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="nhall00195"]

I tried to air my frustration months ago regarding the PSN, and my topic got shut down...what a joke.

PSN is owned in every way by live. I switched from xbox due to hating the subscription fee...now I wish I could go back!

Easy, man. You can get modded for stuff like that. You're not supposed to mention the "other" console here in a manner of comparison. Its one of GS's rules. Just giving you a heads up.
kreemghandour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kreemghandour
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

I kind of hate to say this, but if the PSN began running a yearly fee something small. I believe then we would have much more of a solid experiance also more cooler features. But heck its not the worst thing in the world.

Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

ummmm... i have had my 60 gig ps3 for like almost 2 years now... and i have never had a glitch or problem on the PSN... i have only been signed out once in COD4 and even then all i did was sign in again and everything was ok so i guess the probem there was on my end... i would check ur connection before blaming the network that the whole world seems to be doing fine with

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
okay 360 fanboy! i have both systems and psn works great! the voice quality with the bluetooth for PS3 is actually better then the xbox mics. either you are stirring up bs or you have a crap connection.

So, I just got finished with a game of MLB 09 The Show, and I feel like I never want to play another 9 innings. Even with games made by Sony, I have consistently had bad experiences with the PSN. It gliches. The chat is very inconsistent. I pay COX $50 a month, just so I wouldn't have to deal with this. I don't have this problem on XBOX Live. Why do I have it on PSN?

GrilledCharlie
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
I thought XBL games are hosted the same was as PSN games. The person who creates the game serves as host server.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts

I kind of hate to say this, but if the PSN began running a yearly fee something small. I believe then we would have much more of a solid experiance also more cooler features. But heck its not the worst thing in the world.

kreemghandour
Ummm solid experience? Solid like my current PSN connection? :-) Read through the posts. The majority of us don't seem to be having problems. My connection is rock solid. I don't need bells and whistles like cross game chat. I don't like talking while I'm gaming. It ruins the mood. So as far as providing me basic but SOLID connectivity, PSN works just fine.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I've never had any problems with PSN except for the occasional lag (but that's probably my connection).

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
No, I have no problems with it.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
You might have a NAT type3?
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

No mayor problems here, just the occasional lag and kicked out of a room

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GrilledCharlie

ummmm... i have had my 60 gig ps3 for like almost 2 years now... and i have never had a glitch or problem on the PSN... i have only been signed out once in COD4 and even then all i did was sign in again and everything was ok so i guess the probem there was on my end... i would check ur connection before blaming the network that the whole world seems to be doing fine with

mistergamer2006

I have 1.5 Mbps up and 20 Mbps down, and I am wired directly to my router. So, i know that its nothing on my end. I have been hearing alot that it is probably the game. Which is a shame, because it is made by Sony.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrilledCharlie
okay 360 fanboy! i have both systems and psn works great! the voice quality with the bluetooth for PS3 is actually better then the xbox mics. either you are stirring up bs or you have a crap connection.[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

LORDDICE1

As I said before, I have 1.5 Mbps up and 20 Mbps down, and I am wired directly to my router. In my experience, the voice chat has been inconsistent at best. Everyone has a different headset, so how can it be consistent? People are either too loud, too quiet, muffled, or their voice sounds grainy.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
check ur internet. psn works finewawasjohn
Bingo I have comcast and I never lag or get kicked off. Was just playing MGO last night
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
Don't have any problem with PSN it works fine for me...choasgod
me 2
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

kreemghandour
I agree, I'd be willing to pay a yearly fee just to have more standard features across all PSN enabled games.
okay 360 fanboy! i have both systems and psn works great! the voice quality with the bluetooth for PS3 is actually better then the xbox mics. either you are stirring up bs or you have a crap connection.LORDDICE1
:shock: So saying one small bad thing against the PSN/PS3 makes him a fanboy?!? Really? I have the same issue with the game and PSN overall, does that make me a fanboy as well? Seriously, since when does having one small complaint make some one a fanboy. :roll:
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

You have to take into account that the service is free. This alone should make you forgive all of the problems you're encountering. To answer your question, I myselh have had a minimal amount of problems with PSN.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 parvie

You have to take into account that the service is free. This alone should make you forgive all of the problems you're encountering. To answer your question, I myselh have had a minimal amount of problems with PSN.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eddie5vs1

parvie
For free, you're right it is a good service. But on the other hand I'm tired of hearing "it's free". I value quality over quantity, and honestly I'm more than willing to spend a few bucks a year to get PSN on par with other online services.
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Well for free what else do you want? A mansion?
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Eddie5vs1

Well for free what else do you want? A mansion?b3yondstupidity
No, but I'd really like for each game to have similar online features, but apparently that's too much to ask for when a service is free, because God knows I can't afford a few dollars a month. :roll:

edit~ To add something else, people keep saying PSN is free, and it is, for you. But the developers have to pay for those servers. So, as a developer, am I going to put something on PSN and not make as much profit, or put it on a competing service? One last thing, until PSN's services improve, people like me who own more than one console, will continue to buy online games for the better services. Every online multiplat I have is for a different console than the PS3.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
when i was playing warhawk this weekend i was constantly getting kicked off psn. sooo annoying
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 parvie

I, and I'm sure many others, would get quite angry if we had to pay for PSN. Try checking your connections, that's all I can say.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eddie5vs1

I, and I'm sure many others, would get quite angry if we had to pay for PSN. Try checking your connections, that's all I can say.

parvie
I have no problem with my connection as I don't think I've ever been disconnected. Also my games are lag free which is one thing I love about PSN. I'm just asking for more standard online features across all PSN enabled games.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

The only problems I've ever had were with COD4. All my other experinces with my other online games have been problem free.

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 donmega1
[QUOTE="parvie"]

Eddie5vs1
I have no problem with my connection as I don't think I've ever been disconnected. Also my games are lag free which is one thing I love about PSN. I'm just asking for more standard online features across all PSN enabled games.

imo, the cross game chat is only good for setting up a game. when doing this on the ps, i would use a my cellphone text or now use the ps3 in game text which is annoying. but i dont want to pay money every month to do it. think about it. you pay 59.99 for a game then in the case of the xbox gotta pay and additional 8 bucks a month just to play it! thats whack! and i find the cross game chat to be a hassle on the 360 sometimes too because to talk to everyone else you gotta exit private chat / partys etc. but hey, thats why we have multiple systems to choose from.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14829 Posts

You get what you pay for and PSN is free. But I've never had lag issues. I just wish it had better chat options.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GrilledCharlie
[QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"][QUOTE="parvie"]

donmega1

imo, the cross game chat is only good for setting up a game. when doing this on the ps, i would use a my cellphone text or now use the ps3 in game text which is annoying. but i dont want to pay money every month to do it. think about it. you pay 59.99 for a game then in the case of the xbox gotta pay and additional 8 bucks a month just to play it! thats whack! and i find the cross game chat to be a hassle on the 360 sometimes too because to talk to everyone else you gotta exit private chat / partys etc. but hey, thats why we have multiple systems to choose from.

Just to clarify, I had to renew my subscription for XBOX Live a month ago. It is not $8 a month. I bought a 13 month subscription for $40. I waste $3 and change on Del Taco every week.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 donmega1

[QUOTE="donmega1"][QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"] I have no problem with my connection as I don't think I've ever been disconnected. Also my games are lag free which is one thing I love about PSN. I'm just asking for more standard online features across all PSN enabled games.GrilledCharlie

Just to clarify, I had to renew my subscription for XBOX Live a month ago. It is not $8 a month. I bought a 13 month subscription for $40. I waste $3 and change on Del Taco every week.

ok, ok, its 7.99 for a one month. you get it for less you buy more months at a time.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

Should be in SW you can't talk about xbox in the PS3 forum