Infamous or Team ICO collection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sixxxshoota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sixxxshoota
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

I'm about to order a new game, and these are the two I am choosing between. I have infamous 2 and the vampire expansion from psn+ but im not sure if I should wait on infamous one and go ahead and play the team ico games, or wait on them. Advice?

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
I'm guessing you mean the Shadow of the Colossus/ICO collection? If so, you really can't go wrong with either one of them. However, if you are waiting for Infamous 1 to become free on PS Plus, then you should go ahead and at least download and install Infamous 2 as it may not be free much longer.
rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

I'm about to order a new game, and these are the two I am choosing between. I have infamous 2 and the vampire expansion from psn+ but im not sure if I should wait on infamous one and go ahead and play the team ico games, or wait on them. Advice?

sixxxshoota

inFamous 2 is vastly superior to inFamous 1. i'm afraid you probably won't be able to enjoy the first one.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts
Yeah if you played inFamous 2 before 1, it won't be as enjoyable. I enjoyed my time with inFamous 1 significantly more, but it's clear inFamous 2 is the better game. That being said, I'd still recommend it above the Ico collection. inFamous is still an amazing game, whereas Ico does not hold up in anyway shape or form. Shadow of the Colossus is really open to your interpretation. I couldn't finish either game, as I just don't like those games.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection over anything.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

'Ico' was a gorgeous looking game, but was mind-numbingly tedious in my view.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

What do mean by "wait on Infamous one"?

'Ico' was a gorgeous looking game, but was mind-numbingly tedious in my view.worlock77

Agreed. Beautiful game, but dreadfully boring to play. Not a good use of trial and error.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I've never played a Team ICO game but I'd have to recommend that over Infamous. I got Infamous for free during the welcome back program and even at $0 it's not a game I'd recommend people to get. I'm not an open world expert or connoisseur, but Infamous is easily the worst open world game I've ever played in my life. I can't think of a single good thing about it other than the voice acting is really hokey, which can be enjoyable if you like stuff that's really goofy and cheesy.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
You can get Infamous for super-cheap right now, so I'd get that to hold you over until the Team Ico Collection gets cheaper.
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

sixxxshoota
Infamous.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Infamous is an amazing game and I had a LOT of fun playing through it almost two times.

Ico / SOTC collection is great (from what I've played, finished Ico and halfway through SOTC) but it's really something you have to like, it's slowpaced and really quite unlike anything you've ever played.

Bozuruzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bozuruzo
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts

Has to be infamous!!