• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
Judging by the demo I think its an average game, nothing worth 60 bucks. I'll probably wait till a price drop. What about you guys?
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the way Cole moved and all the fights felt the same to me. it's worth a rent, but I didn't feel connected to the story and probably wouldn't touch the game again after I played as both good and evil pathways.
SoutheastSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoutheastSam
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts
Probably rental or purchase after price drop. I'll have to see if this demo amazes me. Now if it would only hurry up...
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
it was a day 1 buy before playing the demo, and it remains a day 1 buy for me after playing the demo...
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
played the demo and its was well...meh dont really feel fine coughing up $60 for this srry im going to pass
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Well, I haven't played the demo yet...but inFAMOUS got great reviews from a lot of sites. As of know, I'm too poor to afford a $60 game. I will get it eventually though.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Nope. I will NOT BUY THIS GAME ON THE DAY IT RELEASES. To me it's not worth $60. It's pretty good though.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
It's like getting a sandwich that you've had a million times, but somehow it just tastes better than average. I'm getting this the first day it comes out. 8)
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I'll buy it but not on day one.

daveydag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 daveydag
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
i really liked it, something about it just makes me want it, the graphics etc looked way better than i expected and just his "stunts" or watever are so cool, i can see them getting boring if u dont get more, but i am sure u will :D cant wait! bring it on!
jamespreston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jamespreston
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts

im gonna wait to see how good prototype is before i make my purchasing decision, im not sure if inFamous is violent enough for me lol

(bit worrying from a pyschological perspective but oh well i hear voices)

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
I had no hype for Infamous at all but the demo actually changed that and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Day One.
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

I was really hyped and wanted infamous 4 hours ago, downloaded the demo and now... Im puzzled...

I thought it would be way better than it was portrayed in the demo but this game just feels strange, i didnt seem to be having fun whilst playing it(and thats weird).... I thought the life system was really bad if you ask me and now im wandering if i will still get it day 1....

1 More thing, i just realised when playing the game, how limited cole's powers are:
There -Shoot bolt thing
-Electrical grenade
-Electrical Stomp
-Glide
-Push/Wind gust thing

On downed opponents
-Heal(civilians)
-This trap move which like sticks them to the ground, binds there hands and legs
-Life steal/Electricity steal type attack

I find that really dissapointing, I miss sly
XD

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

I was really hyped and wanted infamous 4 hours ago, downloaded the demo and now... Im puzzled...

I thought it would be way better than it was portrayed in the demo but this game just feels strange, i didnt seem to be having fun whilst playing it(and thats weird).... I thought the life system was really bad if you ask me and now im wandering if i will still get it day 1....

1 More thing, i just realised when playing the game, how limited cole's powers are:
There -Shoot bolt thing
-Electrical grenade
-Electrical Stomp
-Glide
-Push/Wind gust thing

On downed opponents
-Heal(civilians)
-This trap move which like sticks them to the ground, binds there hands and legs

XD

hot_shot_9

You get more powers as the game progresses, so don't stress about that. I haven't played the demo yet but I love sandbox games and super powers, and this just seems to fit the bill.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Good...but not $60 good to me. Very impressed with the platforming, it's like Assassins Creed, except with badass superpowers. It plays the way I wish Star Wars: Force Unleashed played...It's like GTA, except...fun, with responsive controls. If I didn't have a backlog of games to play, I would have purchased for $60...if it's sale for $39.99 sometime, I'll buy it new.

CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
Demo was awesome, sure to be a far better game than something like Uncharted or the made for spotty teens Killzone.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I already had it pre-ordered anyway.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I was actually pretty impressed with the demo. The climbing was surprisingly fun and the gameplay was solid enough to be better than the sum of its parts. However, I probably won't pick this up before a price drop :(
bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

looks good, I had it preordred anywy

SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

its a bad demo of a very good game, demos should open apetite, and this one doesnt show the deepenss of the story that all review talked about, and cuts you free roam, i liked it but comparing to the release version and the game as a whole that all reviews revieds its a bad demonstration.

bad markting >.>

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I still haven't tried the demo.. first reactions seems to be amazing. People were raving how awesome it was and that they'd be buying it on day one. Now though, the reactions seem to be a bit more mixed. I'll have to try the demo for myself.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I was impressed with the demo, but I'm still not picking this game up. 60 bucks is way too expensive.
AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 AlienOverlord
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts

I think people are forgetting it's a demo. How can you get a feel for the story from a demo? You gain powers throughout the game, the demo just has a few of those, so why are people complaining that Cole doesn't have enough powers? I was impressed by the demo. I had 45 minutes to play before work and expected that would be tons of time since it's JUST a DEMO but there was so much to do in this demo. Most demos get about 15 minutes from me and only a few have stayed on my hard drive (like pixel junk monsters since I have no way to buy things off PSN). I'll play this one a few more times and delete it when I get the game, which may or may not be a day one purchase.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
it was a day 1 buy before playing the demo, and it remains a day 1 buy for me after playing the demo...Doolz2024
Ya, ya, me, too....... Now..... Leave me alone I'm trying to figure out Kojima's teaser site...... ;)
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

another Playstation 3 exclusive sells like 100 copies due to incrimation of the game...

It is not the full game, it is the demo...How do you guys know this is not an older build?

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nephilim83
I still haven't tried the demo.. first reactions seems to be amazing. People were raving how awesome it was and that they'd be buying it on day one. Now though, the reactions seem to be a bit more mixed. I'll have to try the demo for myself.Rattlesnake_8
Yes, you will. The reactions you're seeing is how it goes with all hyped games. All the excitedment circulated because the ones who were already hyped for it pre-ordered the game, got the demo early, and got themselves evern more excited. Some of were just hyped by the great IGN reviews and awesome game trailers. All the "mixed" you're seeing now is because everyone else who wasn't so hyped in the first place got to play it, and some of them didn't like it. Their opinions simply weren't available til now. A lot of them are being overly harsh as well. Its just a demo. Yes it has its flaws and some of them have already been confirmed to have leaked over into the full version, but you still can't expect to know exactly what a full game will be like based soley on a demo. You should get a better impression than some give, but thats never really the case. InFamous is awesome in my opinion. Of course, I'm a super hero comic book geek since way back when. This game just has a lot that appeals to me. Anyway, I'm going to go play the demo again.... Then, its back to work on that Kojima riddle.....;)
SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

people = dumb

donkey > people

me != people

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="SionPT"]

people = dumb

donkey > people

me != people

Honestly... WTF!? If you're gonna post your opinion please bring one with you! ;)
Timex2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Timex2020
Member since 2005 • 851 Posts

Tried it and it was very very very meh. It was even borderline boring. I hope that you get a super power where you can glide throughout the whole city like static shock. Nonetheless I will have it in my gamefly queue when it comes out to check out the full game.

CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

Tried it and it was very very very meh. It was even borderline boring. I hope that you get a super power where you can glide throughout the whole city like static shock. Nonetheless I will have it in my gamefly queue when it comes out to check out the full game.

Timex2020

What's your idea of a non-meh game? What have you played recently on the PS3 that got your juices flowing? Out of curiousity of course.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Judging by the demo I think its an average game, nothing worth 60 bucks. I'll probably wait till a price drop. What about you guys?redskins2156
I kinda agree with you. The game is really fun, and i havent play a game like that in years, but the graphics are ugllyy ( did u see the textures? aghhhh ) i m getting it but when it hits the 20-30 price range
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

While the graphics really didn't disappoint me that much, it is an open world. So I figured the graphics won't be the greatest. It really reminds me of the spiderman games they had on the psone and ps2, but with more super powers, and it looks like it has more side missions. Other than that, it just doesn't seem like a game that I would wanna drop 60 bucks for. In the mean time I'll try to figure out Kojima's teaser hmm... where was I E, 3, e,...... lol

[QUOTE="redskins2156"]Judging by the demo I think its an average game, nothing worth 60 bucks. I'll probably wait till a price drop. What about you guys?Solid_Tango
I kinda agree with you. The game is really fun, and i havent play a game like that in years, but the graphics are ugllyy ( did u see the textures? aghhhh ) i m getting it but when it hits the 20-30 price range

Dualmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#33 Dualmask
Member since 2004 • 1639 Posts

Games like this are rarely worth the full price of admission unless they can guarantee at least 20 hours of enjoyment out of a single play through. It's on my rental queue and if I'm lucky enough to get it before it ends up in the low availability status, I'll see if it's worth paying the discounted price to keep.

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#34 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

I'm getting it, I pretty much love mindless games like that. Good thing I get my tax money 3 days after the release date. So I can get inFamous, Punchout, my 16GB iPod Touch, and my Laptop.

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

WoW! I mean i know americans have money problems, but i didnt know you were that cheap ! I feel like everygame is not worth 60$ in your eyes. Even one with a 30 hours storyline...

But you buy 30$ 2 hours Blu-Ray movies...

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

YES Infamous is AMazing

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#37 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I wasn't going to buy it before the demo came out, I will wait until the price has dropped a couple of months later.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Definitely buying it, the demo only confirmed that.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I thought it was hella freakin' fun. Some of the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long, long time.

Day one buy, as it always was.

fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

not me, gonna wait for a price drop!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

already had it pre ordered.

Rich1631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rich1631
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
Can't say I was impressed all that much either. Seems really boring and repetitive, more so than Assassin's Creed or GTAIV. There seems like there is not much to do. No vehicles, no weapons, boring superpower...it is just dull.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Yes the demo didnt change my mind this still a day one buy for me :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

There -Shoot bolt thing
-Electrical grenade
-Electrical Stomp
-Glide
-Push/Wind gust thing

On downed opponents
-Heal(civilians)

XD

hot_shot_9

You get more powers as the game goes, as well as the ability to make existing powers stronger. Plus your powers/abilitieis change depending on whether you are good or evil, and those evil powers can alos be increased or levelled up.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#45 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

I thought it was hella freakin' fun. Some of the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long, long time.

Day one buy, as it always was.

nyc05
I'm with you nyco. I've replayed the demo several times because it's that much fun. There's always some ppl that just can't be pleased. The game is about 20 hours first playthrough, getting AAA reviews, has missions that are karma specific (70 neutral, 15 Hero specific, 15 inFAMOUS specific) so that you have new missions to make it worthwhile for a second playthrough, a variety of powers, different powers for each Hero and inFAMOUS, the powers that are the same actually are a bit different (Hero powers are more precise whereas inFAMOUS are about creating the most destruction), any hand hold is scalable, and there's collectibles to keep you interested in exploring the city. Also the story is supposed to be pretty good too (won't know til I play it myself).
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
it was great.
Solidshark21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Solidshark21
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

I'm not sure if i'll get it or not. I think i'll wait for some more reviews. While i think it was on the right track for the most part i hated how the enemies accuracy was dead on from two blocks away. If this is a game that lets you choose to be heroic or a villain i think the hero side would want you to be less destructive and reckless with your powers but i didn't have an choice the way the enemies were coming at me. I was nailing civilians and the enemies because of the way the game was designed. Also when your near death the screen grays and it becomes even harder to tell where attacks are coming from and how to protect yourself because their shots are super accurate. As many issues as starwars force unleashed had I liked that demo alot more. I hope the demo isn't true window into the final version but i played the demo for superman returns and knew the game was going to be bad, and it was.

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
To poor to afford a $60 Singleplayer game. Although I do love SP games..sigh. I wasnt too excited about Infamous but, the demo showed me its quite a fun game. I love gliding around >_>
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="magicquebec"]

WoW! I mean i know americans have money problems, but i didnt know you were that cheap ! I feel like everygame is not worth 60$ in your eyes. Even one with a 30 hours storyline...

But you buy 30$ 2 hours Blu-Ray movies...

Honestly, dude, no game is worth $60 when you have mouths to feed. I bargain shop my arse off and always end up getting them for at least $20 less brand new. And I've never paid more than $10 for a blu-ray. That's how good I am. I know... amazing. ;)
-ColinR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -ColinR-
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts

HELL YA!!! Super Powers + Sandbox + Good and Evil Karma = WIN!!! I can't wait!!! :)