INFAMOUS 2 new gameplay

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

takosilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 takosilias
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

GAME IS LOOKING AWESOME:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mlFx6hSJK8

EDIT:video is removed

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Damn. Looks like it was removed in a hurry. Guess I'll just have to wait for GT TV tonight.

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts

Don't worry, it's on Youtube, I don't have a link, but it should be easy to find. IT'S AWESOME!

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
have to the play the first, but looks badass.
soal206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soal206
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts

youtube link

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

youtube link

soal206
OMG. I like cole's new look and voice. At first I was disappointed, but its pretty good. I like the improved character animations, running and gliding speed, and the new weapons and powers look great. They even got freaky monsters! This game is gonna rock!!!
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

youtube link

soal206
thanks for posting that. wow, it looks great! that twister thing at the end was sick. also i like the melee oriented combat they seem to have implemented. i felt like that was something missing from the first one as the game was largely a run n' gun type deal.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Nice, Looks terrific

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="soal206"]

youtube link

thanks for posting that. wow, it looks great! that twister thing at the end was sick. also i like the melee oriented combat they seem to have implemented. i felt like that was something missing from the first one as the game was largely a run n' gun type deal.

Yeah, it was a lot of run and gun, but as soon as I got a chance to get close enough I beat the snot out of those damn reavers. The melee was really fun in the first one. The addition of the new melee weapon, however, makes a huge difference. I can't wait to try that out!
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frostybanana
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="soal206"]

youtube link

Yeah, it was a lot of run and gun, but as soon as I got a chance to get close enough I beat the snot out of those damn reavers. The melee was really fun in the first one. The addition of the new melee weapon, however, makes a huge difference. I can't wait to try that out!

yeah and hopefully the animations are that slick during real time gameplay.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
wow... that looked amazing. And there's still 8 months+ before it sees the light of day... Stoked.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I had a huge smile on my face while watching that! Now if you'll excuse me, I suddenly feel like playing the first game. :)
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]I had a huge smile on my face while watching that! Now if you'll excuse me, I suddenly feel like playing the first game. :)

rite there with ya lol......i cant wait for infamous 2 one of my fav games this gen
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] thanks for posting that. wow, it looks great! that twister thing at the end was sick. also i like the melee oriented combat they seem to have implemented. i felt like that was something missing from the first one as the game was largely a run n' gun type deal. frostybanana

That WAS the real time gameplay trailer ;)

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] thanks for posting that. wow, it looks great! that twister thing at the end was sick. also i like the melee oriented combat they seem to have implemented. i felt like that was something missing from the first one as the game was largely a run n' gun type deal. frostybanana

How can you doubt that was real time gameplay?
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 haze_blaze
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]I had a huge smile on my face while watching that! Now if you'll excuse me, I suddenly feel like playing the first game. :)

Lol, same here... I actually started playing the 1st one again after E3... And inFamous 2 has suddenly become my most anticipated game for next year!
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Why does the helicopter chase seen feel so Uncharted and the new cole doesnt still score in my book.I wonder how he looks in evil cole form,the first one was just perfect

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts

Why does the helicopter chase seen feel so Uncharted and the new cole doesnt still score in my book.I wonder how he looks in evil cole form,the first one was just perfect

megaspiderweb09

It was very Uncharted-y, and I perfered the old look and voice to, but his old VA wouldn't allow the face mapping (I can't remember what it's called :P) so what he did would appear on screen, so they got this guy.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

that hurricanne move in the end looked pretty sweet.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
That looked fantastic. I can't wait :D
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 haze_blaze

megaspiderweb09
Actually the look and feel of this one is much better... I've been playing the first one again for a few days... and while it's still a great game, Coles look was not 'perfect'. If you look at him during gameplay... his character doesn't even have a face, lol! So how can that be better??? It's like ppl are getting upset that he actually has some character detail now. I did have concerns that it was going to be like playing an entirely new character... but after seeing that vid, I think now they have him closer to what he should have been in the first place! And I will definitely be purchasing day one!
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

2:42.

SICK.

Gonna buy the first one off PSN once I get the chance.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Dark-Star13

It was very Uncharted-y, and I perfered the old look and voice to, but his old VA wouldn't allow the face mapping (I can't remember what it's called :P) so what he did would appear on screen, so they got this guy.

Uncharted-y is not a bad thing in my view. :3
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rakuho

that hurricane move in the end looked pretty sweet.

parvie

i would imagine the collateral damage from that move would push your karma all the way toward "infamous" :P (if SP is still implementing the Karma system, that is).

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Dark-Star13"]

MushroomWig

Yeah, plus, this is to be expected when the whole reason they changed voice actors was so that they could do mo-cap voice acting... much like Uncharted.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Dark-Star13"]

MushroomWig

yea.

If SP is going to borrow elements from other games, UC would be the first game i would want SP to borrow those elements from.

Not that i think it was necessary to make these changes, since i thought Inf1 looked good enough already (Cole's appearance included), but considering how fluid the animations looked, I'm glad SP did what it did.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

wow they are really going for a cinematic feel similar to Uncharted, definitely a good thing for the game since the trailer looked epic.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rakuho

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="Dark-Star13"]

Scianix-Black

Yeah, plus, this is to be expected when the whole reason they changed voice actors was so that they could do mo-cap voice acting... much like Uncharted.

i can imagine how immobile the previous VA was :lol:.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
That was awesome! :D But I still don't like his new look. :/
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frostybanana
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] Yeah, it was a lot of run and gun, but as soon as I got a chance to get close enough I beat the snot out of those damn reavers. The melee was really fun in the first one. The addition of the new melee weapon, however, makes a huge difference. I can't wait to try that out!

I think I worded it wrong. I know it's actual gameplay. What I mean is it looks very stylized and slick and I'm just hoping it actually plays like that. Meaning the controls are tight and the camera angles don't freak out on your during the animations.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
Looks great
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Sweet. Thanks for giving a new link. I have to say, I really like how you can propel yourself along any metal with electricity like a metro/monorail. Also, that Ionic Storm was pure win ^,^

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] yeah and hopefully the animations are that slick during real time gameplay.

I think I worded it wrong. I know it's actual gameplay. What I mean is it looks very stylized and slick and I'm just hoping it actually plays like that. Meaning the controls are tight and the camera angles don't freak out on your during the animations.

Haha, now I understand. :)
pawsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pawsome
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Wow, it has come a long way from Infamous 1, which would be Cole having hair and a new voice and all. The gameplay looks the same but the movement in which Cole partakes seems to be refined. The part where he threw that tornado at the helicopter was lolmazing considering how he did it with such ease. I hope they release some gameplay of ice powers as well. Infamous 2 will be a great addition to my collection of games for 2011!!!

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Looks fantastic and is still far from launch.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 megaspiderweb09

Dark-Star13

Yeah im guna hear another Sony developer say,we used a real time motion capture to get the best possible performance.....lol

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 megaspiderweb09

SICK.

Scianix-Black

Bayonetta where have you beeen!!!

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

SICK.

megaspiderweb09

Bayonetta where have you beeen!!!

I know... somehow I feel like myself now.

metalmasterW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 metalmasterW
Member since 2006 • 2244 Posts

i still like the look of the first one more..but i must say this one is looking pretty D@mn good

i will get this game for sure

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
LOVE IT but HATE the VA. I like that new tornado move at the end. And getting around the City looks awesome, I was hoping they would show off the new ice moves but still I cant wait for this.
Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
I can;t wait for this game!
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

youtube link

soal206
AMAZING !!!
aerial6790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aerial6790
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

youtube link

soal206
Awesomeness!!!!. P:S I swear those new monsters at the beginning looked exactly like Dead Space.
maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Looks awesome.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
not sure if i like that the devs changed his appearance and everything.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#46 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I'm starting to get over the fact that Cole is going to be completely different. Now I just hope I can still shoot lightning bolts and whatnot as much as I want, because I'm not sure about the whole using weapons thing I saw in some vid. But heck, I think they are honestly trying their best to improve this game from the first (which I thought was great) in many ways, so hopefully it will be good.
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
damm. Wow cole got super human toughness? Wow im surprised he survived those rcokets and that head smash into the helicopter. But whats with the Chimera inspired enemies? But Im liking the destructible environments!
WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 WasacreOL
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

Damn. Looks great! Can't wait!

This is the very reason why I didn't get RDR.

KoolzKatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KoolzKatz
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts

I loved Infamous myself but who cares about the new look and voice of Cole when the gameplay has improved that much. OMG that was amazing! The destructible buildings were really nice touch, and like Sucker Punch said u will feel the power of being a superhero even more and becoming even more powerful to face the Beast, that vid showed they know what they doing. Sucker Punch will make a great sequel and i cant wait!!!

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

that looked amazing. dang i still need to play the first one. i cant wait for this one.