Incentive is to release broken unfinished games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Since the ps3 and xbox game companies have been able to directly access their software and make changes to it. This is a huge change from the old days of NES and Ps2. Still most game early on the ps3 and Xbox were finished.

Now, a disk in a box with cover art can be released with virtually nothing on disk. You sign a waiver by using the product that you cant sue. Companies like EA force products out the door. With the ability to program the games now on the go there is no law or anything stopping a company from releasing an unfinished product.

The Incentive is just to rush it out finished or not, gamers will get used to it. You hear the young gamers say things that are unheard of in normal everyday products (like cars and tv's)and certainly unheard of in the older games.."Ahh wait till they patch it", "oh give it another 6 months", "it will be done by the time the game of the year addition comes out".

Super low expectations. As a result games like Battlefield 4 release not even close to being done and are completely broken.

As greed increases, Holidays, Competition,,games will come out further behind. If its Christmas do think they are going to hold off releasing a game that not finished if they can work on it later?? If the sales don't add up they wont even bother finishing them.Expect this trend to worsen until people hold these greedy companies accountable.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

You're a fool

All by yourself you've made yourself to be the biggest fool on this forum

Instead of dealing with this like an adult you've whined, thrown around idle threats, and tried to get others on your side.

Notice yet that no one is agreeing with you? That from day one when you were running around saying "THE PS4 IS FAULTY THE PS4 IS FAULTY!" no one agrees with you?

Grow up or be quiet.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

Waste of a thread ....

Go sob elsewhere

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

don't buy the games from the companies you feel aren't doing a good job. You know you don't have to get the game day 1 either.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Think any of this is new? This has been happening for over a decade. The only thing you can do is stop giving money to developers/publishers who you feel don't deserve it. It won't change anything though.

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

@XspidervenomX: Wow... why answer with hate?

I have been gaming since the sega master system days, and I agree, games and system feels finished and rushed.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

You're a fool

Instead of dealing with this like an adult you've whined, thrown around idle threats, and tried to get others on your side.

Notice yet that no one is agreeing with you? That from day one when you were running around saying "THE PS4 IS FAULTY THE PS4 IS FAULTY!" no one agrees with you?

Grow up or be quiet.

What. In. The. Hell? Were you born yesterday or what? Do you seriously think what OP has stated isn't really happening? Have you even SEEN the complaints, worldwide, about EA/BF4? About SONY's long list of missing features not even shipping with the new console? About the joke that is games like Killer Instinct on XB1 and the whole absurdity of F2P? I could go on.

It's a motherfucking known quantity since last gen and a valuable lesson (literally as it would save you money) people should've learned then. If that is the incentive for these assclown publishers/developers and console makers, then it should be the incentive of the consumer/gamer to never be an early adopter. There is no point.

There is only one reason I can think of where people like you wouldn't actually care about this stuff and it's because you're not obtaining it with your own money. Mommy and Daddy are getting this shit for you, which means they're clueless as well.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I'm disgusted too by the new ways of those Publishing companies (not the developers, those do their job under said companies orders). Broken games like Skyrim or Bayonetta are pathetic (and for only limited bugs, the list would be longer), the publishers rush to launch the game at a good moment (how can they know what moment is best?). I feel obliged to talk about DLC (on disc or other). These are extremely overpriced : 1$ for a costume, 3$ for a character, 5$ for a map or race track. Most are just a slight pixel or color change that may have been done way before the game was released so should be free, I remember Burnout paradise having an awesome update with bikes, day/night, weather that was FREE! I wonder how people think when they buy these things, a little reflexion and all sales of crap DLC would stop.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

You're a fool

Grow up or be quiet.

lol jaysonguy.... such a douche and always on the wrong side of an argument.

the guy is correct. devs/publishers make it a regular practice to release broken/half finished games.... its normal business in todays world. saying otherwise just makes you an ignorant, apologist fool. i guess add those to your growing list of other negative descriptors.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

The main incentive to release unfinished games is that people buy them by the millions on release day, knowing full well that the previous game and the one before that were hopelessly buggy and unfinished as well.

Personally I wait until 6 months after release (or whenever I read that it's finally fixed) before buying most games, unless it's from one of those few developers that actually has a good record when it comes to releasing games that are finished and working at launch. If everybody did this the problem would be solved pretty quickly, but of course only about 1% of people have enough self control to resist running out and getting the latest thing immediately.