IMO, I still think that Dragon Age is the best RPG on the PS3 so far.....

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts

from all the RPGS I've played on the PS3 (including the recent Fallout Vegas), Dragon Age is still the most complete package in my opinion.

....Loved the story, the characters, the interactions and intricacies, the theme, the gameplay........I wonder how can Dragon age 2 improve on it?

Although, the title should've been different, given that it wasn't really the "age of dragons", more like "demons" and the sort.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I hated Dragon Age... but that's cool you liked it.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

The game was extremely repetitive, the combat was dull, and there was tons of technical and graphical issues.

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

i rented that game.. and the whole tutorial and the begining story didnt get me hooked... they tried too hard i guess or it might just be me... besides i think there was no online play.... not sure, but i do like the artwork and designs and setting. i still perfer the traditional jrpgs over western rpgs..

FantasyTwisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 FantasyTwisted
Member since 2010 • 306 Posts
I hated Dragon Age... but that's cool you liked it.MethodManFTW
Hated is an understatement.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Yes it is (yet to pplay New Vegas) but thats not saying much.

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
I love Dragon Age, I am aware though that it feels like a port rather than a true game evidence with the graphical hiccups and occasional slow-ups. Overall the story was well done, and I am hoping for DA2 that your decisions have an even greater impact in the course of the game. As for the best RPG on the PS3, I probably would have to agree with it, at least best I played on the PS3.
buickbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 buickbeast
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

I concur with Dragon Age being the best RPG on the PS3 so far. Mass Effect 2 might dethrone it in March. Either way, Bioware and we, the players, win! 8)

danduron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danduron
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

i didn't expect the opinions to be so divided on this one... personally, i think Dragon Age was an EXCELLENT RPG. it is in fact, the best RPG on the PS3 thus far. it does have everything in it, from cool enemies, great customization and nice little romantic subplots as well. i really hope the sequel does the name justice because i really enjoyed the first.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I spent 50 hours with it and I honestly wish I never bought it. I hope the next one is better, but I willnot be trusting the reviews this time.

Personally I thought Fallout 3 was vastly superior, and considering how much criticism that game gets for technical problems, good lord, it was a technical masterpiece compared to Dragon Age.

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Demon's Souls is best the best RPG on PS3

WRPG are just shallow openworld grind fests with bad story i don't know why so many ppl like them

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

I still haven't played it yet. :( So I ordered the Ultimate edition & it should be here tomorrow. :D

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

Yakuza 3 was easily the best RPG this gen so far (it is an RPG, just not a typical one, since there have been barely any good traditional JRPG's yet this gen.).. I couldn't stand Dragon Age.. it was just so drawn out and the characters went on for minutes without saying anything.. But really what did it in for me was how frakin boring the combat was.. It sounds like they're gonna change Dragon Age 2 alot so i'll probably try it again..

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Yeah Dragon Age was good, Great story, Characters, Combat, Customization, I never run into any problems framerate was fine... I'm hoping DA2 will be even better and hopefully looks better as the graphics for DA1 looked like last gen..
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

when it comes to the typical action based WRPG, yeah, DA was fantastic, but overall, including JRPGs and SRPGs, I wouldn't agree. Sure it's just my taste, but I don't think you can find any deeper RPG than Disgaea 3 on consoles this gen :S

Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

yea man the Dragon Age story has captivated my imagination and attention and i cant wait to see how it unravels in the next couple games. Fallout and DA are my Favorites in this generation. (demon soul can BARELY be considered a RPG, seriously)

Jack_Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jack_Force
Member since 2007 • 2693 Posts
I really enjoyed the game and am looking forward to two, as above I hope for better graphics, theres already a pre order bonus of ingame content but I'd like to hear more about the game first.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I would say that Dragon Age is the BEST RPG to come out this generation. Mass Effect and Tales of Vesperia come close, but Dragon Age simply is the best to me. The combat system is great, it's supposed to be slow like KOTOR and such, it's a TACTICAL RPG thats based off of Dungeons and Dragons rules for combat. Hopefully DA 2 will be just as good, but that fact they are making it more action like scares me, so I will have to wait and see.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#19 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

RPGs aren't my type of game, but I do like both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, the latter being my favourite.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Not even close. The best RPG that YOU'VE played perhaps.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#21 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I'd say the second best on the PS3. Fallout 3 is my favorite easily but Dragon Age and Oblivion are in a fierce competition for second place on my list. It definitely has the best RPG story on the PS3.

IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts

Gxgear
thanks for reiterating the point already mentioned :)~
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
My personal favorite RPG this generation, I'm hopping Dragon Age 2 also joins my collection. Demons Souls deserves recognition as well, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Arthas017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Arthas017
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts

It's your opinion, but I don't agree... Demon's Souls is the best RPG for the PS3. I played Dragon Age on the 360 like 60hs, I'm still playing DS, my save is 205hs by now...

ArielDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ArielDark
Member since 2010 • 1129 Posts

Dragon Age is a great game, but imo Demon's Souls is the best RPG for PS3.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Never bothered with DA but played it for a bit on PC and didn't enjoy it, maybe DA2 will fix the issues i had which to be honest i'm not sure what they were...
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

I really enjoyed Dragon Age. The story and the characters appealed to me very much.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

the combat was dull, and there was tons of technical and graphical issues.

StealthMonkey4
agreed.. i still enjoyed it but i couldn't bring myself to beat it.. i just got bored.. kind of wish it had the ps2 champions/baldurs gate dark alliance games combat or demons souls.. pity for me because i am a sucker for that kind of story setting..
Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

It's your opinion, but I don't agree... Demon's Souls is the best RPG for the PS3. I played Dragon Age on the 360 like 60hs, I'm still playing DS, my save is 205hs by now...

Arthas017

other way around with me, i have about 50 hours of DS in and after i beat it once i never went back. i've done 3 seprate run throughs in DAO theres just so many ways to shape the world and universe and the fact that your lore/choices from DAO Import to 2 are gonna be amazing.

i've said it before but DS is NOT a rpg, its a glorified adventure/hack N slash with a stat page that is pretty shallow. magic items dont have magic propertys and overall i didnt feel excitement from getting new loot in DS its like once you find one big 2 hander you've found them all, could have been better IMO.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Dragon Age is easily the most hardcore rpg this gen, where as Oblivion and F3 are the most casual.

I loved Dragon Age, but for me it would be Fallout 3 and Demon's Souls.

GTboozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GTboozer
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I'm only about 10 hours in so far, I just picked up the Ultimate Collection this weekend, and it's quickly shot up to the top of the list. I'm not sure if I'm ready to put it on top yet, I still have Mass Effect as my favorite. And not just 1 or 2, both, the continued experience just deepened my connection to those characters.

It's just my preference in RPG's I guess. While I enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas, they just felt a bit... hollow. While the character customization and play style was really diverse, that just isn't enough to keep me interested in the character. Honestly, every RPG has a certain point where you can beat down just about everything in the game, so what keeps you playing for another 40 hours? Story and NPC development is what does it for me.

I can also agree that Demon's Souls is a really well done RPG too, but again, I come back to character. There is hardly any real story there and limited character interaction at best. I really enjoyed it, but more in a sense that it reminded me of those unapologetically difficult games from my youth.

By the way, The Ultimate Collection hasn't had any technical issues so far. Granted, I started playing it almost immediately after finishing Fallout: New Vegas which is possibly the most glitchy game I've ever played.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I think you could make the argument for DA:O being the best, but to me Valkyria Chronicles is on top. DA:O is a great game though, and I actually spent more time on it than VC.

Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts
I hated Dragon Age... but that's cool you liked it.MethodManFTW
I agree :D Buy I do think Mass Effect 2 is going to overthrow Dragon Age - I have an xbox, and this is STILL the best game I've played on it, and I've played through A lot of games on the xbox and PS3!
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

thanks for reiterating the point already mentioned :)~

No problem, because your title was misleading to say the least. How many RPGs have you played on the PS3 this year? ;)

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

WRPG are just shallow openworld grind fests with bad story i don't know why so many ppl like them

Zurrur

I agree. Demon's Souls is very different than many other RPGs. The world in Demon's Souls is dark, cold and I like the combat alot. I don't really like the story in Dragon Age, its just like Lord of the Ring Movie (not that its bad, but it gets old pretty quick) but on the other hand I really like the characters in Dragon Age.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Wow, I've fallen asleep on it several times before I sold it. Wait until you get your hands on Mass Effect 2.
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
wow to all the peps who said DA:O is the best on PS3, you guys are really missing out because the PC version is alot better. also Demons Souls is the best RPG on the PS3 :P
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles says your wrong
cheesecakloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cheesecakloath
Member since 2008 • 108 Posts

I agree with this post! I just got the Drago Age Ultimate Edition and have played 12 hours of it so far. I can't seem to put it down! I regret buying it during school, because its soooo damn good!

The character interactions seem unparalleled in any other game. I mean, every tiny detail makes a difference in the plot based on your actions, race and class. The story may not seem that original, but all the hundreds of codex's seem to prove otherwise. Its as if someone wrote a book and then poured every detail of that book into a video game with so many alternate plots.

This game is a must have!

Reminds me so much of KOTOR 1

Arthas017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Arthas017
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts

[QUOTE="Arthas017"]

Delroc

other way around with me, i have about 50 hours of DS in and after i beat it once i never went back. i've done 3 seprate run throughs in DAO theres just so many ways to shape the world and universe and the fact that your lore/choices from DAO Import to 2 are gonna be amazing.

i've said it before but DS is NOT a rpg, its a glorified adventure/hack N slash with a stat page that is pretty shallow. magic items dont have magic propertys and overall i didnt feel excitement from getting new loot in DS its like once you find one big 2 hander you've found them all, could have been better IMO.

Maybe because you expected DS to have what classic RPGs have, but actually is one of the things I like the most about it. DS gets deep into some terror environment where you die if you are not careful. DA is more like you prepare for battles and trategies but you're not that into the game I think. I'd say though that DA it's probably my second favorite, but I´d probably not get it now that I sold the 360 for get a PS3.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Eeehhhhhhh....... I'm not so sure.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved Dragon Age (I have the plat for it), but I can't really say it was the best RPG on the PS3. I loved the characters (they were one of my favorite parts), but the story was way too similar to Lord of the Rings and I thought Oblivion and Fallout both seemed like more believable worlds. Plus Mass Effect 2 is coming to the PS3 in January and that game is AWESOME.

Dragon Age was really good, but there was a lot they could improve on and it looks like they're going to do just that for Dragon Age 2. Voiced character, quicker combat, better graphics, supposedly a more focused story, etc. One of my favorite parts from DA:O was imagining all the improvements they would make on the sequel :P

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
DA is definitely not a game for just anyone, its more of an action RPG on consoles than it is on PC, but still at its core its old school design, deeply rooted in a numbers game. Most people would likely prefer things like Fallout, they wont like it and hence never really get invested in the story or the characters. Because the characters in DA, put many game characters to shame.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
Dragon Age is easily the best rpg for PS3, the PS2 or the PS1 ! As you can tell i'm not a big fan of jrpgs. lol. Demons Souls is a damn action game with character & weapon building, not an rpg. I haven't played NV yet ( waiting for patches ), but i'm sure it'll be alot better than F3 ( rpg wise ) because it's Obsidian. And those Champions of Norrath/Dark Aliance games for the ps2 were fun, but they were hack and slash games with barley any story/dialog, like more modern versions of gauntlet. These were fun to play with friends, but got repetitive imo. Play a no deaths run on nightmare in DA. Some good old school tactical rpg goodness right there.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
best ps3 rpg for graphics final fantasy 13 easily best rpg on ps3 overall between fallout vegas and demons souls for me
mldca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mldca
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts

Zurrur

AGREED 8)

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

I liked the game, Demon's Souls is the better RPG for me so far but I liked DA:O . Especially playing more than once to see different characters become important .

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

id put new vegas a little bit ahead of dragon, although i loved both.

i think the total loot-fest and freedom of fallout gives it the advantage.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

while i loved dragon age, i think minus the game freezing bugs,that both fallout games were better.but thats just my opinion. i like the humor in the fallout games and the huge open would that is actully full of things to not like some other so called open world/sand box games that feel empty and life less. "cough" farcry2/ GTA4 ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

from all the RPGS I've played on the PS3 (including the recent Fallout Vegas), Dragon Age is still the most complete package in my opinion.

....Loved the story, the characters, the interactions and intricacies, the theme, the gameplay........I wonder how can Dragon age 2 improve on it?

Although, the title should've been different, given that it wasn't really the "age of dragons", more like "demons" and the sort.

IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
dude dragon age must be one of my favorite games and i think i ll remember it as a classic... i am on my 3 playthrough and despite that its me y 3 rd i still discover some changes in the how things dissolve.. too many decisions... so many characters to play with. 1 playthrough is simply NOT enough.. while it is my 3 playthrough i am SO hoocked right now!!!! i am gonna qiut this orum and play RIGHT NOW!!!! dragon age is propably one of the best VALUE FOR MONEY games.. i mean i paid full price and i ve invested more than 200 quality hours on it and i keep playing!!!! i miss 2 trophies to platinum it!!! i wsh i could play all the dlc but if i buy them the games lenght will dramatically increase as if it isn t a big game.... 1 playthrough took me 111 hours!!!!! human male rogue 2 playthrough though i knew the conversation and skiped A LOT of dialogue took me 65 hours!!!! female dwarf warrior tank 3 playthrough i am on 15 hours ! male mage